Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who was the fastest of them all?

There is a big difference in damage that can be dealt between ZWJ and WYX because of the huge disparity in internal power. The gap between them is probably bigger than the gap between me and Mike Tyson. Even if you let me punch Tyson 20 times before he hits me back, I seriously doubt I'll be the one left standing after the fight. I'm not that weak either as I can benchpress about 200 pounds after working out for 2-3 months. Endurance is important too. I'm sure Tyson can take 10 times as much pain as I can. I also believe that ZWJ would be able to handle much more pain than WYX.

Hmm...just as an example. It's like WYX can move at 200km/hr, but he can only do it for 10 seconds. ZWJ maximum speed is like 100km/hr, and he can keep it for hours.

When they sprinted, ZWJ and WYX were neck and neck. But ZWJ wins in the long run.

When JY said that WYX's qing gong is the best, he probably meant that it was the best because with only a fraction of ZWJ's inner power, he could match him in a straight line. So WYX's skill is extremely efficient. If he had 9 Yang, he'd break the sound barrier!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster
    Hmm...just as an example. It's like WYX can move at 200km/hr, but he can only do it for 10 seconds. ZWJ maximum speed is like 100km/hr, and he can keep it for hours.
    We weren't having a discussion about speed. It's almost completely certain that WYX is faster. The argument was whether WYX can handle ZWJ in a duel if WYX was even faster than he was portrayed to be. My opinion is that ZWJ would still whoop WYX's butt even if WYX gets much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    ZWJ actually is also a go to guy that doesn't really rely on LDA attacks or weapons that often.
    Wudang battle, 2nd Xuan min elder battle, all those were pretty close quarter combat.
    That's true. ZWJ looked really badass when he destroyed ZM's two monks who relied on power. That was an awesome display of what can happen if ZWJ loses his temper. ZWJ kinda reminds me of Superman in that he's always holding back because he's afraid of causing too much damage. If ZWJ had been as brutal as he could possibly be in the final fight against the 3 Shaolin elders, perhaps the fight would have ended differently.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    When they sprinted, ZWJ and WYX were neck and neck. But ZWJ wins in the long run.

When JY said that WYX's qing gong is the best, he probably meant that it was the best because with only a fraction of ZWJ's inner power, he could match him in a straight line. So WYX's skill is extremely efficient. If he had 9 Yang, he'd break the sound barrier!
    WYX also had a ghostly element to his qing gong that many other experts didn't have. WYX was often able to do things before anyone can notice or react to his movements. Perhaps the ghost-like movements are due to great timing in addition to great speed?

Bruce Lee was quite fast too!

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight
    Bruce Lee was quite fast too!
    Yes, he was, especially in Fists of Fury. It was also the great Bruce Lee who said that the speed is useless if you can hit your opponent 10 times and he is still standing while your opponent can take you down with 1 hit. That theory is why I think that speed is overrated sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    Yes, he was, especially in Fists of Fury. It was also the great Bruce Lee who said that the speed is useless if you can hit your opponent 10 times and he is still standing while your opponent can take you down with 1 hit. That theory is why I think that speed is overrated sometimes.
    Yes but it is in extreme cases that such a thing is possible (fighting an opponent that can take 10 clean hits without going down).

And in wuxia, the faster 10 hit guy just has to be armed with any sharp weapon and its game over.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Yes but it is in extreme cases that such a thing is possible (fighting an opponent that can take 10 clean hits without going down).

And in wuxia, the faster 10 hit guy just has to be armed with any sharp weapon and its game over.
    I don't think that 10 hits is that extreme. Like I said before, I doubt I can take down Mike Tyson even if I get to punch him 20 times first. Also, I have seen a high school fight where this guy won even after practically having a 20 to 1 striking disadvantage. The guy was simply impervious to pain and was crazy enough to use headbutting as a weapon even after his forehead was bleeding.

In terms of weapon fighting, you also have to take into account accuracy of the striker and "partial" dodges. What I mean about partial dodges is that one can possibly be hit and still avoid the majority of the damage from the strike. It's not inconceivable that a slower fighter can be hit by 10 non-lethal strikes and then retaliate with a fatal or much more damaging blow. I think that kind of fight has even been portrayed in movies before, in which the hero wins after being bombarded by a more skilled or faster opponent.

However, note that the scenario you are proposing is not "For every 20 strikes WYX gets on ZWJ, ZWJ gets one strike on WYX". You are proposing "WYX hits ZWJ 20 times before ZWJ reacts to the first hit".

Your posts might make sense if you clarified that you were referring to the first scenario since in the 2nd the speed differential is really too great.

As I recall, Wei Yixiao was roughly neck and neck with ZWJ, BUT, ZWJ wasn't as 'nimble' as him; his footwork wasn't as good, his turning/dexterity wasn't as good, even if his speed was as high.

I recall that with QKDNY, WJ was able to do some crazy somersaults and maneuvers during the battle on Brightness Peak. Hence, i think he has potential for nimbleness. With the strange movements of Sheng Huo Ling, he can do lots of rapid fakes and changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi
    In a real fight, there's no fighter that can dodge everything even if he had a huge speed advantage.
    Well, there's obviously a difference between wuxia and reality. In wuxia mind-blogging things are all over the place. DFBB and Duan Yu seem untouchable under all circumstances. Of course, they also had good internal energy...

韋一笑吧!我想他的輕功最厲害。
    I love how Jin Yong spatters random things in public that don't make much sense and then we try to make sense of them. I doubt he gave it much thought when he gave an answer like "Hmm, it's probably Wei Yixiao. I think that his qing gong should be the best." Even if he really thought about it, his opinion might still evolve with time.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」