View Poll Results: Which skill is the best?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yoga techniques of YTZ

8 34.78%
  • 9 Yang of ZWJ

11 47.83%
  • 9 Yin in LOCH and ROCH

2 8.70%
  • Yi Jin Jing of Fang Zheng

2 8.70%
  • No comment

0 0%

Thread: Yoga skill vs 9 Yang vs 9 Yin inner energy method vs Yi Jin Jing?

Default Yoga skill vs 9 Yang vs 9 Yin inner energy method vs Yi Jin Jing?

Which skill is the best?

* Yoga: could increase inner energy of the practitioner quickly, help him/her to be able to absorb different poisons and different medicines to increase his/her inner energy. Besides, the time of mastering this skill was not long as well. YTZ mastered this skill in less than 1 year.

* 9 Yang: balanced Yin and Yang, could increase inner energy of the practitioner quickly, heal his/her and others' internal diseases, absorb opponent's energy, make up auto-shield, expel poisons, abolish opponent's Yin energy. Required time: at least 5 years.

* 9 Yin inner energy method: was an extreme Yin skill, could restore the lost energy of the practitioner and his/her lost Kung Fu. Required time: 15 - 20 years.

* Yi Jin Jing: could merge different inner energy streams, help practitioner's energy not to be absorbed by opponent's skills. Required time: not mentioned in JY's novels.

I chose 9 Yang.
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 09-23-06 at 10:49 PM.

The reason I chose 9 Yang was actually because of the choices that RongYingMin showed. Out of those, 9 Yang does seem the strongest.

HOWEVER, if RYM had said DGSD's original Damo's Yi Jin Jing (which is different from Fangzheng's YJJ), then it clearly goes to YJJ.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin

* Yi Jin Jing: could merge different inner energy streams, help practitioner's energy not to be absorbed by opponent's skills. Required time: not mentioned in JY's novels.
    YJJ doesn't have a time limit. How well you master depends on how enlightened you are. So it's possible that you get nothing even after 100 years of training.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚

-------------------------
    Last edited by RongYingMin; 10-07-08 at 11:29 AM.

according to the analyisis of Mu Rong Bo, Damo's master work- YJJ is the reason why Shaolin leads wulin and has the name it does. He said," while the 72 arts can't be said to be weak, but its definitely not enough to lead wulin. If my deductions are right, it's because of YJJ that Shaolin has its glorious name today.".

MRB also rated Damo's YJJ and Dali's 6 Meridian Sword as the 2 strongest arts.

While YJJ is really nitpicky on how you achieve a good level, but if you do indeed master YJJ with enlightment, then you would have a level above any of the other cultivations you mentioned.

I think JY changed YTZ's skill from YJJ to Yoga to help settle the debate of whether FZ's YJJ was as strong as YTZ's 2nd edition version.

Out of the lot. It seems that the Yoga skill is the most powerful.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

9 Yang has a lot of potential, but I would choose Yoga for its simplicity and power.

for whatever reason is, i choose 9 yang.
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,
    For me, it is enough if I
    just breathe in my pure energy."

http://echallengor.blogspot.com

http://ech33.ui2u.com

YJJ the version from DGSD

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    according to the analyisis of Mu Rong Bo, Damo's master work- YJJ is the reason why Shaolin leads wulin and has the name it does. He said," while the 72 arts can't be said to be weak, but its definitely not enough to lead wulin. If my deductions are right, it's because of YJJ that Shaolin has its glorious name today.".

MRB also rated Damo's YJJ and Dali's 6 Meridian Sword as the 2 strongest arts.

While YJJ is really nitpicky on how you achieve a good level, but if you do indeed master YJJ with enlightment, then you would have a level above any of the other cultivations you mentioned.
    Sweeper monks opinion and the narrator's indication is that with enlighthenment, any of the higher shaolin arts have pretty unlimited potential.

It might be that MRB did not understand this aspect of the 72 Shaolin arts.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RongYingMin
    Which skill is the best?

* 9 Yang: balanced Yin and Yang, could increase inner energy of the practitioner quickly, heal his/her and others' internal diseases, absorb opponent's energy, make up auto-shield, expel poisons, abolish opponent's Yin energy. Required time: at least 5 years.

I chose 9 Yang.
    i think it takes more than 5 years to learn 9 yang, ZWJ was lucky with the bag. GJ in the same situation could also learn 9 ying in 5 years

well, 9 yang indeed took a little bit of time, but it`s worth it. but as they mention given how well u understand the technique and how long u spent on practising give result on how fast u accomplish it.
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,
    For me, it is enough if I
    just breathe in my pure energy."

http://echallengor.blogspot.com

http://ech33.ui2u.com

I really like 9yang because the philosophy it teaches is truly profound and gentle. It doesn't seek to harm and responds to hardness/evil with softness and warmth. And I like ZWJ because he best exemplifies the teaching of this Sutra.