Thread: Duan Yu & Xu Zhu connection with Xiao Yao Pai

Default Duan Yu & Xu Zhu connection with Xiao Yao Pai

Just wondering, in the novel, did Duan Yu ever mention Wu Liang cave, the statue and how he obtained Ling Bo Wei Bu and Bei Ming Shen Gong to Xu Zhu?

dun think so... cause they never bring up the matter about duan yu's kung fu origin

Originally posted by rourou
    dun think so... cause they never bring up the matter about duan yu's kung fu origin
    Hmm, that's quite strange isn't it? Considering that they had many chances to talk about martial arts, especially during the drinking bouts that they had at Ling Jiao Palace which resulted in their brotherhood.

Maybe, Jin Yong's going to address this in the new version, anybody knows?

Well, considering they are both passive in learning martial arts (they did not strive to achieve what they received in their martial arts skills), I doubt they will be that interested in digging up how the other picked up their martial arts. This is something that Xiao feng was curious about, like the names of the martial arts and what they can do. As for Duan Yu, he will be more interested on Where is Wang Yu Yan, Xu Zhu, where were his shaolin buddies.

In DGSD 97, Xu Zhu met Duan Yu again in Wu Liang cave. XZ went there to search for his teacher's wife, while DY went there to stare at the statue. XZ told DY that he was asked by Wu YaJi to find his wife to teach him Xiao Yao martial art. They than compared notes and deduced that WYJ's wife was already dead.
    At that point I was expecting DY to say something like "I know 2 Xiao Yao Sect martial arts from Shen xia jie jiei, let me teach them to you". But he never mention he knew Xiao Yao's Sect martial art at all. I also wonder why he never did.

I agree with foreva that DY and XZ are not interested in martial arts. They are more likely to discuss buddhist teachings than martial arts.

BTW, is DY considered a Xiao Yao sect member?
    Last edited by kidd; 05-18-04 at 03:52 AM.

Originally posted by kidd
    BTW, is DY consider a Xiao Yao sect member?
    nah.. dun think so... he didn't really took the fairy sis as his master.... and he didn't want to.. over the whole story his master was that buddhist monk.. tat's all

Default I'm confused

in SPW, it was said that BMSG was passed down through the duan family

however, it wasn't mentioned in Condor Trilogy

I'm beginning to think that JY meant for SPW to be an alternate world with uber powerful martial artists instead of the world we think takes place in the Ming Dynasty

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

duan yu and XuZhu might have known about each other's master, wuyazi and fairy goddess, since the probably had a chance to talk about it, but i don't think they tried to teach each other, duan yu left after then drinking bout to look for WYY. neither of them where intrested in picking up new martial arts, DY was intersted in mastering the goddess teaching only to a point, XuZhu only wanted to learn the skills in order to treat the members of the 36 islands and 72 caves of the life death talismen.

duan yu wrote down what he knew of the BMSG and probably LBWW and left it in the library of the dali palace, but he did not teach it to his desendents. he felt the skill was not appropiate, and his disples probably felt the same way. the writtings came into the hands of an outsider after the fall of dali into the mongolian hands. no one learnt LBWW, because it needed a high level of inner power to learn without fire deviation. rev yideng did not learn it before going to the first huashan tournament and i don't think he was interested after. it's possible that yinggu appropiated some of the ideas in the skill for her 'loach movements' skill.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    duan yu and XuZhu might have known about each other's master, wuyazi and fairy goddess, since the probably had a chance to talk about it, but i don't think they tried to teach each other, duan yu left after then drinking bout to look for WYY. neither of them where intrested in picking up new martial arts, DY was intersted in mastering the goddess teaching only to a point, XuZhu only wanted to learn the skills in order to treat the members of the 36 islands and 72 caves of the life death talismen.

duan yu wrote down what he knew of the BMSG and probably LBWW and left it in the library of the dali palace, but he did not teach it to his desendents. he felt the skill was not appropiate, and his disples probably felt the same way. the writtings came into the hands of an outsider after the fall of dali into the mongolian hands. no one learnt LBWW, because it needed a high level of inner power to learn without fire deviation. rev yideng did not learn it before going to the first huashan tournament and i don't think he was interested after. it's possible that yinggu appropiated some of the ideas in the skill for her 'loach movements' skill.
    Duan Yu learned LBWB before he had any internal energy

dy learnt it, but he did not really use it till he got some inner power. the first time he tried, he nearly paralysed himself. the second time, he only used a step. later on, he used one step a time, with a gap to take a breathe. it was only after he got a decent amount of inner power, he was able to use it.

came back across this thought i add some thoughts. xuzhu learned a lot of XYP skills, but it didnt look like he learnt BMSG or LBWW. he learnt all of the other skills in the XYP cave. i think they should have been aware of their connection because DY knew the skills he learned were from XYP and the goddess left instructions for him to kill all XYP disciples. through he ignored those instructions. XuZhu became the leader of XYP sect. definately they should have mentioned it to each other. they did become sworn brothers after all.