Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: ROCH Translation ..... 8 onwards

Thumbs up HUGE thks

Hiya gys,
    A very HUGE thks Noodles for this MEGA-translation. [3 bows][2 thumbs up -- would give more if symbol adds more value. haha]
    -
    To Noodles, regarding the chinese RUNES:
    dont know how to copy/paste chinese characters, you can try bitmapping the chinese words... or
    just interpret the word and italic-ing it.
    -
    -
    Other notables:
    1. From previous translation: The sublety of YangGuo in subduing his previous Mentor is logical to YangGuo's sudden upshot during the Hero'sFeast. ROCH84 portrayal seems to create a contradiction that he don't know as much martial arts, when in actuality, he beat his mentor.
    -
    2. Dang, found out a scene I enjoyed in ROCH84 was invented by TVB. The part YangGuo secretly helping LuoYouJiao regarding the DogBeatingStick.
    However, this makes more sense, becuz in the SERIES WongYong found out beforehand that YangGuo knew the DogBeatingStick. By this logic, she should be smart enough to ask YangGuo to deal with Huo Dao first. [The stake is VERY HIGH, regardlesss the revelation that YangGuo knew the DogBeatingStick too.]
    -
    3. Anyone mind the love scene [I mean friendship scene ] between GuoFu and YangGuo is just made by TVB? [I dont You know, it's before the main event and meeting of JinLunFaWang]
    -
    4. How flat [I mean GROOVED] is JinLunFaWang's head? haha. Since, ROCH84 JinLun has a POINTED head?
    -
    5. Is YangGuo still in his beggar clothes during Hero'sFeast? Remember, the clothes been especially roughened by YangGuo...
    -
    6. Nice to know the Wu brothers have more martial arts potential than ROCH84 indicated. [1YangFinger and DragonSubduingPalms!, especially against Huo Dao]
    -
    7. GuoFu is getting a little irritating now. Picking on YangGuo without reason [ie. Dumping him to another table in the corner? ] Could be YangGuo is troubling her in her mind...
    -
    -
    Enjoyed ROCH translation very much, since some of dragging parts created by TVB [probably to increase the SERIES duration?] is left out. [ie. prior the main event, the momentum builds up, and then BAM! the Heroes have to spend a NIGHT discussing strategies...] And the HK way of bantering between characters in Wuxia...very dragging [Taiwan wuxia especially so, though some people loved it. ] The scenes in this novel is very UPPITY [spelled right? meaning sufficiently paced, unlike the movie]
    -
    Other matters: [HongRong vs. WeiSuBao]
    I'm nitpicking here: We know HongRong's plan in Hero'sFeast failed, did WeiSuBao's plan ever failed?
    -
    Wow, I noticed that the translation just so HAPPENS to be near the BIG MOMA scene -- major ***-kicking by YangGuo and his Sifu. haha.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-17-03 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks Noodles!
    The fight betweeen Zhu Zi Liu & Huo Duo was very entertaining. I must say its one of the most entertaining fight scenes i've read so far. Literature & martial arts...always a breathtaking combination.....HYS, Zhang CuiShan comes to mind.
    "Man is his own star; and the soul that can
    Render an honest and a perfect man,
    Commands all light, all influence, all fate;
    Nothing to him falls early or too late.
    Our acts our angels are, or good or ill,
    Our fatal shadows that walk by us still."

Originally posted by Noodles
    Just some notes:.

Translation of Jin Lun Fa Wang comes to something like King of the Golden Wheel. Thought I like to mention this cos later on, there's a reference to what his true nickname should be.

To Han Solo: I thought that 1 Yang Zi aimed at one pressure point at one time. I don't recall any bits where mutilple pressure points at attacked with one stroke, can you elaborate where you got that from?
    Great. The big fights.

What about something like Holy Golden Wheel Monk?

My impression of the multiple pressure point being attacked came from HSDS when Guo Xiang attempted to use this technique.

Something that Athena translated a while ago:

This stance completely sealed Guo Xiang. She turned around her sword and use the sword as her finger and displayed the "Yi Yang Finger". She learnt this technique from her martial arts brother, Wu XiuWen. And she aimed for 3 of WuSe's acupoint of his wrist. Although she only learned the mere basics of "Yi Yang Finger" this technique of sealing 3 acupoints in one go was one of the key points of "Yi Yang Finger."

Originally posted by Han Solo
    Great. The big fights.

What about something like Holy Golden Wheel Monk?

My impression of the multiple pressure point being attacked came from HSDS when Guo Xiang attempted to use this technique.

Something that Athena translated a while ago:

This stance completely sealed Guo Xiang. She turned around her sword and use the sword as her finger and displayed the "Yi Yang Finger". She learnt this technique from her martial arts brother, Wu XiuWen. And she aimed for 3 of WuSe's acupoint of his wrist. Although she only learned the mere basics of "Yi Yang Finger" this technique of sealing 3 acupoints in one go was one of the key points of "Yi Yang Finger."
    My bad about the Yi Yang Finger. At this time, the Wu brothers are beginners so that explains why they are only doing one pressure point at one time. Sealing three pressure points in one go... I don't know but to me that either means the three pressure points are all sealed at once at the same time, so three beams from the finger (?), or its still from the same beam but its very quick and go over the pressure points consecutively (?)... attacking three places at once seems similiar to 6MSJ. Anyone 1 Yang Finger experts here who can clear this up?

Translation of Jin Lun Fa Wang doesn't really matter, its only of some significance when the origin of Jin Lu Fa Wang's nickname is mentioned in chapter 14.

Most of the scenes that TVB added in ROCH83 are pretty good (except for that stupid convesation between GJ and YG in the cave during the attack by Jin Lun Fa Wang and his lackeys).

Next two chapters should be quite enjoyable as there's pretty much all action throughout.
    Last edited by Noodles; 06-18-03 at 06:46 AM.
    I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed

Originally posted by Noodles

Most of the scenes that TVB added in ROCH83 are pretty good (except for that stupid convesation between GJ and YG in the cave during the attack by Jin Lun Fa Wang and his lackeys).
    What scene are you talking about?

Next two chapters should be quite enjoyable as there's pretty much all action throughout. [/B]
    When can we expect those then?

Default About Yelü Jin...

To Noodles:

... although Ye Luu Jin was of a relatively young age, he held the high position of ‘Bian Liang Jing Lue Emissary’, he has come south to He Nan to complete his mission.
    Bianliang Jinglue: Military Commissioner of Kaifeng

Keep up the good work!

Lav
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

Default Test, can you see chinese characters?

"Éñµñ‚b‚H"

网尔月乃

",!?
    Last edited by Noodles; 06-19-03 at 01:45 PM.

?

Cool Replies

Hiya gys,
    To Noodles:
    1. Without Chinese Encoding on:
    --- Enun, b, H
    --- "[dont know char] you moon [dont know char]" I have a non-existant chinese vocabulary ]
    --- ", !, ?
    -
    2. With Simplified Chinese Encoding on: InternetExplorerMenu [VIEW/ENCODING]
    --- "Divine Condor", b, H
    --- "[dont know char] you moon [dont know char]"
    --- "", !, ?
    -
    3. With Traditional Chinese Encoding on:
    [Weird chinese characters --- thus, you are using SIMPIFIED. ]
    -
    -
    To Athlonkmf:
    Noodles refer to the Scene when YangGuo and GuoJing are returning to XiangYang Castle from the Mongolian Camp. The scenes where YangGuo want to delay GuoJing and kill him. At that scene, GouJing was injured and YangGuo, relented his revenge and actually helped him to a nearby cave. During the cave [the actual scene Noodles refer to] YangGuo questioned GuoJing about why GuoJing must kill YangKang... [I dont recall much, the last time I saw the movie is around 8 years ago. ]
    -
    -
    EDITTED
    To Eeyore:
    You are CORRECT. my bad. You can tell I'm not used to reading chinese characters.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-20-03 at 10:23 PM.

Anonymous,

I don't think the 2nd character is 'you'. isn't it suppose to be another 2 stroke infront of 'you'? my mandarin language is very shallow he,he,he.. but I think I'm right.

First character is 'two' or 'both' (pin yin: liang)
    2nd character dunno, 3rd character is 'moon' and 4rd dunno.

Oh, just want to comment on the translation, I really enjoy it. Especially on the part where Yang Guo feeling describe toward XLN. Before they separated I always wonder, what makes YG fall in love to XLN besides her beauty. Turn out to be XLN attention toward YG. Or another thing... YG quite a player huh! no wonder ladies fall for him...

Please update soon ... thanks again Noodles.
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

Yea, update soon, hehe. Can't wait to read about when YG and XLN starts kicking @$$! Thanks for translating!
    AKA: Frantasy

Translating: Ni Tian Xie Shen (逆天邪神) – Against the Gods by Mars Gravity @ https://alyschu.wordpress.com/

uhmm im kinda lost but what chapter is noodle on?
    CONDOR HERO 95 the best series ever made.^_^

Chapter 13

The Chancellor of Wulin

Jin Lun Fa Wang’s eyes sometimes opened and sometimes closed, it was as if he didn’t care about what happened in the battle but in actual fact, he saw everything clearly, when he saw Huo Dou was losing he suddenly called out, “A gu si jin de er, mi ma ha si deng, qi er qi er hu!” The crowd didn’t know what these Tibetan sentences were but Huo Dou knew, his master was reminding him not to defend so tightly, he needs to start using the [Ferocious Wind Rapid Thunder Skill] against the enemy, Huo Dou started to whistle, the fan on the right and his sleeve on the left created a strong gust of wind, rushing forwards to Zhu Zi Liu.
    The force of the wind was very strong, the crowd who were watching couldn’t help but moves backwards slowly, they heard him making thunderbolt like noises with his mouth, they all thought that apart from using weapons, fists and kicks, this [Ferocious Wind Rapid Thunder Skill] also uses the surprising calls of thunder to subdue and control the opponent, it is a very powerful technique. Zhu Zi Liu’s sleeve took flight, he carried himself proudly and matched him.
    The two of them went back and forth for over a hundred moves, Zhu Zi Liu’s has finished writing the ‘Zi Yan Tie’, the intention of his pen changed, his moves were slow and delayed, the pen strokes were fine and stiff, overflowing with ancient intent.
    Huang Rong soliloquized, “There’s an ancient saying: ‘The fine and obstinate direction leads to the soul’, this ‘Stone Carving of Commending the Wrong Path’, never has there been such a display.”
    Huo Dou continued to use the [Ferocious Wind Rapid Thunder Skill] but because the opponent’s strength was strong, the power in his fan increased as did the volume of his shouts and calls. The people who were watching the fight in the main hall cold not stand still, step by step they retreated to the courtyard.
    Huang Rong saw Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nuu were sitting shoulder to shoulder by the pillar, they were only about ten feet away from the battle, deep in conversation, completely ignoring the battle, and the wind that Huo Dou generated had completely no effect on them. She saw Xiao Long Nuu’s belt floating in the wind but Xiao Long Nuu was unmoved, she just stared lovingly at Yang Guo. The longer that Huang Rong looked, the more curious she became, in the end, she was concentrating on these two more than the battle between Huo Dou and Zhu Zi Liu, she thought, “That little girl looks like she possess advanced martial arts, Guo Er and her are so close, I wonder which eminent master is she a disciple of?”

Xiao Long Nuu was now twenty years old, she has lived in the ancient tomb all her life, avoiding the sunlight, her skin was especially soft and delicate, her internal energy was high, from her appearance, she looked like a sixteen, seventeen year old. Before Xiao Long Nuu met Yang Guo, experiencing happiness, anger, grief and joy was a rare thing for her, emotions have the greatest harmful affect on the body and its appearance, she has spent the last two years like a normal person. If she actually followed her master’s teachings and practised with a clear mind, not only could she meet her hundredth birthday, when she reaches that age, her appearances would be the same as a normal fifty year old. Because of this, in Huang Rong’s eyes, Xiao Long Nuu looked younger than Yang Guo, her childlike and innocent air was even more obvious than Guo Fu, no wonder Huang Rong thought that she was a little girl.

Right now, Zhu Zi Liu’s pen was becoming unsightly, but its power was becoming stronger, the delivery of the pen was like a spider web, strong yet soft. Huo Dou was secretly alarmed, it was gradually become harder for him to grasp his kung fu.
    Jin Lun Fa Wang shouted, “Ma mi ba mi, gu si hei si.”
    No one knew what those eight words meant but the words shook everyone’s ears, leaving a ringing sound in them.
    Zhu Zi Liu was getting impatient, he thought, “If he changes his technique again, I don’t know when this battle will end. I am fighting in Dali’s name for the Song’s in this first round, I must not lose, otherwise shame will be bought onto our nation and school.” He suddenly changed his calligraphy style again, the pen didn’t appear to be writing words, it now resembled a hatchet hacking into rocks.
    Guo Fu managed to see what was happening and asked her mother, “Uncle Zhu is carving words?”
    Huang Rong smiled and said, “My daughter is not stupid, the finger technique he’s now following is the ‘shi gu’ script. This is the scriptwriting that one uses in the spring and autumn period, it’s the characters that can be seen when one uses a hatchet to carve words on a stone drum, see whether you can recognise the words that uncle Zhu is writing.”
    Guo Fu followed the pen but saw that every word he wrote was windy and twisty, all looking like a small painting, she didn’t know one word.
    Huang Rong smiled and said, “That’s an ancient style of calligraphy (used in Zhou dynasty c11th to 256BC), no wonder you wouldn’t know any of them, even I can’t recognise all of them.”
    Guo Fu clapped and said, “Naturally, it’ll be even harder for that Mongolian idiot to recognise them. Mother, take a look at him, his head is full of sweat and his legs and arms are all over the place.”
    Indeed, Huo Dou could only recognise a word or two of this ancient style of calligraphy. Since he doesn’t know what the opponent is writing, of course he will not be able predict where the pen will attack and go, it was now difficult for him to respond. Zhu Zi Liu kept on producing word after word of this ancient calligraphy, the characters were profound with an ancient air, and the power of the [Solitary Yang Finger] which the calligraphy style uses as a base also increased.
    Huo Dou’s fan waved out but he was a bit too slow to take it back, Zhu Zi Liu’s pen moved and scripted an ancient character on his fan.
    Huo Dou took a look and asked uncertainly, “Is that ‘net’?”
    Zhu Zi Liu laughed and said, “Wrong, that is ‘you’.” He then wrote another character on his fan.
    Huo Dou said, “Most probably that’s ‘moon’ isn’t it?”
    Zhu Zi Liu shook his head and said, “Wrong, that’s ‘hence’.”
    Huo Dou was discouraged, he shook his fan to shake off the pen tip and stop Zhu Zi Liu from writing on his fan but he couldn’t predict that Zhu Zi Liu would suddenly sent out a left palm to attack, Huo Dou sent out a palm to block this but this allowed Zhu Zi Liu in and he wrote another two characters on his fan but because there wasn’t much time, the characters were not written in ancient calligraphy style but cursive calligraphy.
    Huo Dou recognized these characters and called out, “Barbarian!”
    Zhu Zi Liu laughed and said, “Correct, it is ‘You are hence a barbarian’.” Everyone hated the Mongols for evading their country, killing their citizens, hate and anger were in their hearts, when they heard Zhu Zi Liu insulting Huo Dou by saying ‘You are hence a barbarian’, they all cheered and called out.
    Huo Dou could not handle Zhu Zi Liu’s [Solitary Yang Book Finger] with the cursive and ancient calligraphy, he was already afraid, when he heard the cheers and calls, he was even more disturbed, he saw Zhu Li Liu’s pen shaking and waving, writing three ancient characters in a row in midair, how could he think about trying to recognize these characters?
    He could only force himself to fight on, he raised his fan to try to protect his vital points on his chest when suddenly he felt his knee go numb, his pressure point had been sealed by the opponent’s pen as it turned. Huo Dou’s knee felt numb and wanted to kneel down but thought if he kneels, his would have no face, he took a deep breath and surged a current of chi towards the pressure point in his knee. He wanted to leap away and admit defeat when Zhu Zi Liu’s pen came in like lightning, sealing his pressure point again. Zhu Zi Liu used his pen to replace the finger, using the tip of the pen to make use of the [Solitary Yang Finger] technique, continuously attacking, how can Huo Dou defend against this? His knee became numb and he eventually knelt down onto the floor, his face was devoid of colour.

All the heroes cheered with thunderous noise. Guo Jing said to Huang Rong, “Your ingenious plan worked.” Huang Rong gave a slight smile.

The Wu brothers were watching by the side, when they saw the boundless changes of their martial uncle Zhu’s [Solitary Yang Finger], they were both in awe, thinking, “Martial uncle Zhu’s internal energy is profound and strong, embedding itself into calligraphy, there are many ingenious and mastery aspects within it, I don’t know when I will be able to reach such a stage.”
    One called out, “Brother!”
    The other called, “Little brother!”
    The both of them were thinking of the same thing and was about to say something to praise their martial uncle’s martial arts when suddenly Zhu Zi Liu called out, ‘ah’, they quickly turned their heads and saw that he had fallen.

Everyone was shocked at this sudden change of events. After Huo Dou had admitted defeat, Zhu Zi Liu had come over to unseal his pressure point. The technique of sealing pressure points using the [Solitary Yang Finger] is completely different than conventional pressure point sealing, it is extremely difficult for others to unseal it so Zhu Zi Liu went over to him and tapped his sides a few times, circulating his chi to unseal his pressure point. He couldn’t have known that as soon as Huo Dou’s pressure point was unsealed, there was an opportunity for Huo Dou to take advantage, he gave a grunt and before he stood up, he activated a booby trap on his fan, four poison nails flew out from the fan’s spine, all of them hitting Zhu Zi Liu on the body.
    When skilled fighters duel, when a win or lost is declared, they cannot act again, never mind that everyone was watching, who could have predicted that that he would suddenly launch an ambush? If Huo Dou had launched his projectiles in the middle of the duel, even though the booby trap was ingenious, he would not have succeeded in harming his opponent; when Zhu Zi Liu was unsealing his pressure point, his was only an inch away from his body, the weapon was activated close to the body, even if one’s skills were higher, it would have been difficult to avoid this attack. The poison on the nails are produced from the snowy mountains of western Tibet and is very lethal, as soon as Zhu Zi Liu was struck with the nails, his body broke out in unbearable pain, it was difficult for him to stand up properly.

Everyone was shocked and angry, they well all pointing at Huo Dou, insulting and cursing him, saying that he was a brazen scoundrel and despicable.
    Huo Dou laughed and said, “Little prince here has turned defeat into victory, what shame is there? Before we started, we did not forbid the use of projectiles. If that brother Zhu succeeded in using a projectile against me, I would have admitted defeat.”
    Though everyone did not agree with what he said, they did not have a reply to his words, but the insults and curses kept on coming.

Guo Jing dashed over and picked up Zhu Zi Liu, he saw the four nails sticking out of his chest, his face looked strange, Guo Jing knew that the poison on the nails was extremely strange, he quickly sealed three main pressure points to slow down the blood flow, the veins were completely sealed stopping the poison from reaching the heart. He asked Huang Rong, “What should we do?”

Thx Laviathan for translation of Ye Luu Jin's post. I was completely baffled

Couldn't post the chinese characters in my text cos it corrupted it. Below is the simplified form of the characters.

Íø=Net
    ¶û=You (The traditional form of this character used in the novel looks more like the character for net)
    ÔÂ=Moon
    ÄË=Hence
    ÂùÒÄ=Barbarian
    ¶ûÄËÂùÒÄ=You are hence a barbarian (well, that's what I think its supposed to be )

N.B. Chinese simplified encoding needs to be enable to view the characters.
    Last edited by Noodles; 06-21-03 at 04:25 PM.

Thumbs up Thks

Hiya gys,
    Thx Noodles for another teaser update.
    -
    To Eeyore:
    Haha. Seems I was RIGHT in "you," but got lucky.
    -
    -
    Now we know the reason [and it's lame ] that LittleDragonGirl is young: [her aging seems to be halved...]
    she has lived in the ancient tomb all her life, avoiding the sunlight, her skin was especially soft and delicate ... experiencing happiness, anger, grief and joy was a rare thing for her, emotions have the greatest harmful affect on the body and its appearance, she has spent the last two years like a normal person. If she actually followed her master’s teachings and practised with a clear mind, not only could she meet her hundredth birthday, when she reaches that age, her appearances would be the same as a normal fifty year old.
    -
    -
    I forgot that there are two losses to HuoDao [three losses if we count LuoYouJiao, the current Beggar Leader] before the BIG SCENE -- the loss from the scholar + the fisherman.
    -
    HuoDao really takes on the WWE [wrestling] motto of the Guerrero brothers "Cheat to Win"
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-21-03 at 07:42 PM.

Great Post Noods!
    Argh I'm going insane waiting for YG and XLN to kick some serious butt ^^!
    Wandering the world,
    Sword in hand,
    Searching for a challenge,
    Begging for a loss...

Anonymous,

That showing too how shallow my mandarin is...

Thanks for update Noodles.. yum..
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Huang Rong creased her brows without replying, she knew that if she wanted to cure this poison, the antidote must come personally from Jin Lun Fa Wang or Huo Dou, for the time being, she paced back and forth without an idea.
    When Dian Cang Yu Yin saw that his apprentice brother was poisoned, he was worried and angry, he tucked in his gown, wanting to dash forward and fight Huo Dou.
    Huang Rong was still thinking about the plan, she thought, “The opponent has already won a match, if brother fisherman goes, Da Er Ba will be the one who will be sent out to meet him, we won’t have a way to win.” She quickly said, “Brother, please wait!”
    Dian Cang Yu Yin asked, “What for?”
    Though Huang Rong was wise and clever, she couldn’t give a reply, they have already lost the first match, there will be some difficulty in the last two matches.

Huo Dou used a trick to beat Zhu Zi Liu and he stood at the front of the hall pleased with himself, he took a look all around and felt that he was on the top of the world, in the corner of his eye he saw Xiao Long Nuu and Yang Guo sitting shoulder to shoulder on a stone base, holding each other hands, engaged in conversation, they completely ignored his victory as if nothing has happened, he couldn’t stop himself from getting angry and pointed his fan at Yang Guo, shouting out, “Bastard, get up.”
    All of Yang Guo’s attention was on Xiao Long Nuu, though the world is a big place, there is nothing that will distract him, because of this, the heated battle between Huo Dou and Zhu Zi Liu was nothing to him, he didn’t see or hear it.
    In the years he lived with Xiao Long Nuu in the tomb, he didn’t know that he had etched Xiao Long Nuu deep into his heart and bones, in life and death. That day when Xiao Long Nuu said she wanted to his wife, it was such a sudden event, he had never thought about this before and startled, he could not think of a reply, after Xiao Long Nuu had disappeared, he repeated in his heart hundreds of times, “I want her, I want her. Even if I die immediately, I want Gu Gu to be my wife.”
    The love between him and Xiao Long Nuu bloomed unconsciously, after they departed, the love kept on flourishing without stop. Yang Guo wasn’t afraid of anything, Xiao Long Nuu was blind to the world and its ways, they just knew that if I desired to love, I loved, if I desired happiness, then I’ll get happiness, what’s it to do with other people? One didn’t care and the other didn’t understand, in the midst of a thousand people in the middle of a heated battle, the two of them were holding hands talking to each other, wrapped in love.
    When Huo Dou cursed him, Yang Guo was still oblivious of him. Huo Dou wanted to curse him further when Jin Lun Fa Wang ordered, “Our side has won the first round, we can now proceed onto the second round.”
    Huo Dou glanced at Yang Guo with hate and then returned to his table and said clearly, “We have won the first round, my apprentice brother Da Er Ba will fight in the second round, which hero from the other side will come out to meet him?”
    Da Er Ba took out a weapon from his Buddhist robe and went to the middle of the hall. When everyone saw his weapon, they were all shocked; it was a coarse and long golden rod. The Golden Demon Subduing rod was around four foot long, the ends of the rod were thick and rough, the body of the rod glittered with a golden light, it appeared that the weapon was made out of pure gold, it was a lot heavier than an identical rod made out of steel.
    He went to the middle of the hall and bowed to the heroes, and then flung his metal rod up in the air. The golden rod fell down and a crashing sound was heard, two of the large jade flower bricks on the ground were smashed up, the rod buried itself one foot into the ground. This was meant as a warning, he was a shriveled and skinny monk but he had the ability to use such a weapon, indicating the level of martial arts he had.
    Huang Rong thought, “Brother Jing can subdue this rude monk but Fa Wang will fight in the third round, then our side will have no one to fight him, the match will all be over. This is unspeakable, I’ll go and force myself to fight using mastery kung fu to battle him.” She raised the Dog Beating Stick and said, “I’ll go!”
    Guo Jing was extremely shocked and quickly said, “You can’t, you can’t. Your body is not well, how can you fight?”
    But Huang Rong felt that there was no other way to achieve victory, if they lost this round then there will be no need for the third round, just as she was hesitating, Dian Cang Yu Yin called out, “Chief Huang, allow me to fight that evil monk.” When he saw the condition that his apprentice brother was in after contracting the poison, his heart burned up, wanting to take revenge. Huang Rong had no other good ideas, she thought, “We can only struggle on, if he beats the monk, brother Jing will fight Jin Lun Fa Wang to settle this.” So she said, “Please be careful apprentice brother.”
    The Wu brothers took the pair of metal oars that their martial uncle uses to him. Dian Cang Yu Yin held them under his arms and went to the middle of the hall. His eyes were red with fury as he circled Da Er Ba. Da Er Ba didn’t know what it was about, when he saw him walking around him, he turned around to him. Dian Cang Yu Yin suddenly called out, his oars waved out as he hacked down towards his head. Da Er Ba’s movements were extremely fast, he quickly picked up his Golden Subduing Rod and raised it up in response, the rod and oars met, the clashing sound rang in everyone’s ears. Both of them felt a slight pain and both knew their opponent’s power was strong, they both leapt backwards. Da Er Ba said a sentence in Tibetan while Dian Cang Yu Yin insulted him in a Dali dialect. Though the two didn’t understand the other, they suddenly came close to each other again, the oars and rod came out at the same time, another clashing sound of gold and metal colliding was heard.
    This battle was completely different to the graceful and civil fight between Huo Dou and Zhu Zi Liu. The two of them fought like copper versus iron, brute force against brute force, the both of them fought with advanced external hard kung fu, the oars and rod created gusts of wind, the onlookers were all shocked and astonished.
    Dian Cang Yu Yin natural strength was already high, when he was serving Reverend Yi Deng as he lived in secret in Xiang Xi, he used his irons oars to row upstream against the current everyday, his arms became like steel. He is the first disciple of Reverend Yi Deng and under his teaching for the longest, because he was simple and crass, Reverend Yi Deng has always treated him with care and love, but his natural ability was lacking, his internal energy couldn’t compare with Zhu Zi Liu’s. However, his external hard skills were extremely powerful. Right now, the two were competing with their external hard skills, his strong point, his oars flew up and down as he attacked. Each metal oar was about fifty kilos but he lifted it up as if it were light, he was a fluid as normal people with sabers and swords that weighed a few kilos.
    Da Er Ba has always thought shi natural strength was unbeatable, he couldn’t have predicted that he would have met a man with such divine strength in the central plains, not only was the opponent’s strength high, his stances were also profound, he used all his efforts in using his golden rod. The rod attacked the oars, the oars attacked the rod, the two of them attacked more than defend.
    When Zhu Zi Liu and Huo Dou was fighting, the people who were watching were forced backwards because of the gusts of the winds they generated, right now, three extremely heavy weapons were clashing, without mentioning the difficulty in resisting the wind generated by the weapons, the loud noises created by the clashing of the weapons was also extremely hard to endure. Most of them covered their ears as they watched.
    Under the candlelight, the golden rod glittered, the two steel oars were like two streaks of black, the weapons winded and tangled with each other, the fight was become more and more spectacular.
    The crowd has never seen such a battle in their lives before. Of course there has been even more dangerous and perilous situations, but when skilled fighters compete internal energy with one another, the effects are on the inside, from the outside, it looks very ordinary. When it comes to the stances and the countering techniques of the weapons and fists, it had their ingenious and refined aspects but it can’t compare with the ferociousness of the stances. It is extremely rare to see someone with Dian Cang Yu Yin’s kind of divine strength, but it is even rarer to see two people with the same kind of divine strength engaged in such a heated battle like this one.

Guo Jing and Huang Rong watched with sweat all over their hands.
    Guo Jing said, “Rong Er, do you think our side will win?”
    Huang Rong said, “I can’t make it out right now.”
    In reality, how would Guo Jing not know what was happening in the battle, but he hoped that his wife would say ‘Yu Yin can win’ so his heart could be comforted.

Tens of moves passed but their energy didn’t drop, instead it became even more vigorous. Dian Cang Yu Yin called out as he attacked with his oars to increase his clout.
    Da Er Ba asked, “What did you say?” He spoke in Tibetan, how would Dian Cang Yu Yin understand?
    He too called out, “What did you say?” Da Er Ba didn’t understand as well. The two of them assumed that they were insulting each other, they fought fiercely, the chairs and tables in the hall flew up. The crowd was worried that the one of them would lose concentration and hit one of the pillars in the hall, causing the hall to collapse.
    Jin Lun Fa Wang and Huo Duo were both secretly alarmed, if this battle continued on for much longer, even if Da Er Ba gains victory, he will be severely injured, but how could the fight stop with the two battling so heatedly?

The two of them leapt and jumped around, calling out as they fought violently, the yellow glow and dark trail forced the candlelight to darken, suddenly, a ferocious heaven shattering noise was heard, the two of them called out and leapt away at the same time.
    When the oar in Yu Yin’s right hand collided with the golden rod, the two of them were using all their strength, the handle of the oar was narrow and not as firm as the golden rod, hence, the oar snapped in half. The oar part flew away and a ‘dang’ sound was heard as it dropped in front of Xiao Long Nuu.

Xiao Long Nuu was completely absorbed in conversation with Yang Guo, she was completely unaware, the oar part struck her on the toes of the left leg, she gave out a cry of ‘ai ya’ and leapt up. When she called out in pain, Yang Guo was alarmed and quickly asked, “Are you hurt?” Xiao Long Nuu stroke her toes, an expression of wincing to pain can be seen on her face.
    Yang Guo was furious; he turned around to look for the person who used the metal slab to hurt his Gu Gu, he saw Dian Cang Yu Yin holding the handle of the broken oar in his right hand, his was in a disagreement with Da Er Ba, he wanted to use his single oar to fight him. Da Er Ba shook his head, he knew that the enemy’s strength and stamina compared to his was six of one and half a dozen to the other, if they continued, it would be difficult to get a result, since now he has the advantage in weaponry, the winner of this round is himself.

Huo Dou stood up tall and said clearly, “We have won two rounds out of the three, the position of the Chancellor belongs to my master, everyone…”
    Before he finished, Yang Guo said to Yu Yin, “How did your steel oar break, how did it fly over and hit my Gu Gu?”
    Yu Yin said, “I… I…”
    Yang Guo said, “Your steel oar is poorly made, quickly go and apologize to my Gu Gu.” Dian Cang Yu Yin saw that he was a little boy and didn’t pay him any attention. Yang Guo suddenly stretched out his arm and snatched the broken handle out of his hand and called out, “Quickly go and say sorry to my Gu Gu.”
    Huo Dou was interrupted by him and was furious, he shouted, “Little bastard! Get out of the way!”
    Yang Guo called out, “Little bastard is insulting who?”
    When Huo Dou heard his say ‘Little bastard is insulting who” he replied without much thought, “Little bastard is insulting you!” How would he know that boys from the south has always talked in this manner to argue, he wasn’t concentrating and fell into the trap.
    Yang Guo laughed out loud and said, “Correct, it is a little bastard who’s insulting me!”
    Everyone in the main hall were originally very worried and anxious, but after hearing this young man’s sudden comment, everyone broke out in laughter. Huo Dou was furious, he took out his folded fan and attacked Yang Guo’s head.

Everyone had just seen Huo Dou in action and knew that his martial arts were terrific, if the fan lands on Yang Guo’s head, if he didn’t die, he would be severely injured, they all called out, “Hold it!” “You can’t bully someone younger.”

Guo Jing darted out and was about to snatch the fan away when Yang Guo ducked down and darted underneath Huo Dou’s arm, the handle of the oar winded round, Yang Guo used the [Dog Beating Stick Technique’s] ‘coil’ formulae and tripped up Huo Dou’s legs. Huo Dou could not stand up properly, he stumbled and almost fell onto the floor; Huo Dou was highly skilled, he changed the stumbling force into a leaping force, he leapt into the air and fell down steadily.
    Guo Jing was startled, he asked, “Guo Er, what’s the matter?”
    Yang Guo laughed and said, “Nothing. He doesn’t respect Hong Qi Gong’s [Dog Beating Stick Technique], I wanted to use the [Dog Beating Stick Technique] to trip him up, it’s a pity that he managed to jump away.”
    Guo Jing was surprised and asked, “How do you know this technique?”
    Yang Guo lied and said, “Just know when Chief Lu fought him, I learnt a few stances after watching him.”
    Guo Jing knew that he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the box, he knew that there are a lot of people who were cleverer than him, he believed what Yang Guo said without much doubt.
    Huo Dou assumed that it was his fault for being careless which allowed Yang Guo to make him stumble, how would he know that a teenager like Yang Guo would possess such great martial arts? The most serious matter know is fighting for the position of the Chancellor of wulin, it won’t be too late if he first complete the serious task and then punish the punk, so he took a large step towards Guo Jing and said, “Hero Guo, it is us who are the victors in today’s duel, my master Jin Lun Fa Wang is the Chancellor of wulin. If there is anyone who doesn’t agree with this…”
    Before he finished, Yang Guo sneaked up behind him, he sent the oar handle forward and used the [Dog Beating Stick Technique’s] fourth stance of the ‘poke’ formulae, suddenly poking Huo Dou’s backside. With Huo Dou’s abilities, how would he not know when someone is sneaking up behind to ambush him? However, the [Dog Beating Stick Technique] is extremely ingenious and mastery, though he realized what was happening, his sudden dodge was not perfect and there was still a chance to hit him, a ‘pu’ sound was heard as he was hit in the backside. Even though his internal energy was profound, the buttocks is an area of the body with a lot of flesh, the attack was very painful, coupled this with the shock of getting hit; he thought that he would definitely avoid this attack but the attack managed to get him, he couldn’t stop himself from giving out a ‘ah’ call.

Yang Guo shouted, “What was that? I don’t agree with this!”
    In a flash the hall was filled with laughter. The heroes all thought not only is this teenager naughty, he was extremely bold, the Mongolian prince was twice undone by him.
    Last edited by Noodles; 06-22-03 at 07:20 PM.

We want more...More, I tell ya!!! Now quickly, go translate some more... Be off with you!!!

This is one of my favorite parts. Thanx a million Noodles for another fine job!!!

Ah Noodles why did you stop!!! Great Job on the translations. Thanks a bunch.
    "share the glory in the story"

shut up already