Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: ROCH Translation ..... 8 onwards

Exclamation Sick Jokes

Hiya gys,
    Sick jokes:
    Anyone want dog meat? I heard it tasted like chicken. haha.
    Barbarian meat is lean and no fat. haha.

Thumbs up Thks

Thx Noodles for a Swweeeet translation!
    -
    Finally ... YangGo's premiere fight. Lights, Camera, action. Yur on, go YangGo!
    -
    Sweet battle, very uplifting to see Underdogs winning. Its like AMD vs. Intel [CPUs] when AMD first introduced the Athlon processor.
    -
    -
    Things I noticed:
    1. Wow. Very intense battle between Da Er Ba and the Fisherman, much more satisfying than the ROCH84[ROCH83?] series. It's like world champion boxing. It's very unfortunate the Fisherman lost his handle , what happened to hero's luck?
    -
    2. Hmm. repetition of subduing... DragonSubduingPalms, DemonSubduingRod...
    -
    3. Im a DuguQuiBai fan :P So, does this means that STANCES > Techniques of WEAPONS/FISTS? Is this same as STANCES > WEAPONS/FISTS?
    when skilled fighters compete internal energy with one another, the effects are on the inside, from the outside, it looks very ordinary. When it comes to the stances and the countering techniques of the weapons and fists, it had their ingenious and refined aspects but it can’t compare with the ferociousness of the stances.
    -
    4. How can YangGuo and LittleDG not notice the noise [and I mean NOISE!!! ] during Da Er Ba's battle?
    -
    5. Is there a possibility that the name "Dog Beating Stick" was created for YangGo and this particular situation?

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

Holy! It's getting to the good part! Argghhhhh!!! I want more!

Hehe, thanks for translating!
    AKA: Frantasy

Translating: Ni Tian Xie Shen (逆天邪神) – Against the Gods by Mars Gravity @ https://alyschu.wordpress.com/

Default Re: Thks

Originally posted by Anonymous
    [B]Thx Noodles for a Swweeeet translation!

-
    4. How can YangGuo and LittleDG not notice the noise [and I mean NOISE!!! ] during Da Er Ba's battle?
    -

When a couple are together for a long time, they can understand what the other is saying without hearing the voice. Only the facial expression and the movement of the lips are enough. If you have a bf/gf you'll understand.
    They were too absorbed with eachother to hear the noise.

I was kinda struck when was said that that oar is 50kg. that'd make it more or less as heavy as YG's iron sword. If this is the case, than that fisherman should have gained some good inner strength training too. Of course, weilding a 50kg sword is much tougher than weilding a 50kg oar. Since the weight of a sword is very well divided among the blade, while the weight of an oar is concentrated at the end, so it can use momentum to weild it.

Originally posted by Noodle
    she has lived in the ancient tomb all her life, avoiding the sunlight, her skin was especially soft and delicate ... experiencing happiness, anger, grief and joy was a rare thing for her, emotions have the greatest harmful affect on the body and its appearance, she has spent the last two years like a normal person. If she actually followed her master’s teachings and practised with a clear mind, not only could she meet her hundredth birthday, when she reaches that age, her appearances would be the same as a normal fifty year old.
    That's not that impressive is it?
    ZBT was able to become even younger, rather than just prevent aging as he got older, his hair turned from white to black.

Is this the evidence that ZBT's Cheun Zen inner energy is superior to the Tomb's?

Originally posted by Han Solo
    That's not that impressive is it?
    ZBT was able to become even younger, rather than just prevent aging as he got older, his hair turned from white to black.

Is this the evidence that ZBT's Cheun Zen inner energy is superior to the Tomb's?
    Who said it was pure CZsect's inner energy that he had trained for all these years? maybe he thought up some of his own.

Also.. how long did ZBT need to gain such strength.. You can't compare that to XLN that easily.

Maybe YG and XLN would train the jade manual more and more. and eventually became young again, just as ZBT did. Then it could be possible that that yellow dressed girl is indeed their daughter (maybe she'd trained those kungfu too and was actually 50 years old)

I think XLN had a major vitamin D problem though..if she hardly sits in the sun. Also.. i wonder what suncream she is using then...

YG's sword was wielded with one arm. Plus, most of his internal energy improvement came from eating the snake gallbladders and training underwater.

Now it has reached this point, how can Huo Dou not be angry? He turned his hand and wanted to first smack him across the face to vent his anger before doing anything else. This was a casual palm but the force behind the palm is derived from the main theories from the school of Tibet, this palm was meant to knock the young man unconscious. Guo Jing knew that this palm was powerful, he stretched out his left arm and hooked it up, grabbing Huo Dou’s palm.
    Guo Jing said, “How can you mess around with a little kid?”
    When Huo Dou’s arm was grabbed, his felt half his body going numb, he couldn’t stop his shock and anger from rising.
    Yang Guo took the opportunity and swept the oar handle across, striking him heavily across the backside, he called out, “Disobedient bastard, father’s going to spank you!”
    Guo Jing shouted, “Guo Er, get back, don’t make trouble.” But the crowd all laughed.
    The Mongolian warriors on the other side were all calling out, “Two versus one?” “You don’t want face!” “Does that count as dueling?”
    Guo Jing was startled, and released Huo Dou’s hand.
    Huang Rong saw Yang Guo’s trip and poke that he just used was definitely the stances of the {Dog Beating Stick Technique], she was very suspicious, “Where did he steal this technique from? Could it be that in the pass few months that I’ve been teaching Lu You Jiao, he has been spying on us? But each time I start teaching, I searched around, how could he hide from me?” She called out, “Brother Jing, come back.”
    Guo Jing returned to this wife’s side but he was worried that Yang Guo would suffer, his eyes did not leave the two people in the middle of the hall. He saw Huo Dou sending out palms and kicks, attacking Yang Guo. Yang Guo was dodging and calling out at the same time, “I’m going to spank you, spank you!”
    The oar handle kept on attacking Huo Duo’s backside, but Huo Dou’s movements were quick, each hit met thin air. Huo Dou wanted to use his folded fan to hit Yang Guo on his head, but Yang Guo kept on using the oar handle to hit his backside, the two of them was chasing and rushing around, the two of them circled the hall very rapidly but neither of them could hit each other.
    At first, the onlookers just felt something weird was going on, but when they saw the two of them circling around the hall, they were extremely shocked. Though Yang Guo is of a young age, his footsteps were light and his movements were swift and nimble, there was no difference between him and Huo Dou. Huo Dou attacked hi m a few times but each time, Yang Guo managed to escape cleverly.
    Dian Cang Yu Yin and Da Er Ba was originally arguing about their weapons, staring angrily at each other, one of them wanted to dash forward and fight again, the other was completely prepared, in case the opponent suddenly attacked, but when they saw that Huo Dou couldn’t handle such a young man, they both were extremely surprised, one of them opened his mouth and laughed loudly, the other shouted out insults in Tibetan.
    In the blink of an eye, Huo Dou and Yang Guo had circled around the hall three times, Huo Dou could see that his opponent’s lightness kung fu was terrific, if he continues to follow and chase him like this, he might lose, he suddenly turned around, his left palm came out in front of him to grab the oar handle, the fan in his right hand came out to seal the ‘Looping Jump’ pressure point of the side of his leg.
    However Yang Guo did not want to meet him face on, he swerved his body around the fan and kept on hitting out with the oar handle, calling out, “Father wants to spank you! A day doesn’t go past without three spanks, I have spanked you twice, there’s one more!” To use such a method to ridicule your opponent in battle without danger, your kung fu must be a lot better than the opponent’s in all areas, though Yang Guo has learnt many advanced martial arts, his kung fu still could not compare with Huo Dou’s, acting like this would definitely result in trouble. However, the crowd was watching with passion, they all cheered and called out, they all applauded to help him on. When Huo Dou heard this, his mind was disturbed, if his backside is struck once more by this child in front of these people, even if he kills this boy right now, he still would have lost a lot of face, because of this he concentrated on dodging and evading and forgot about attacking, Yang Guo was able to avoid danger for now.
    By now, Huang Rong could tell that an eminent master has instructed Yang Guo, his kung fu really was terrific, she also remembered the day when he passed on his internal energy to her to help her recuperate, the internal energy he has developed was not ordinary. She thought that by allowing him to stir trouble for a while, attention has actually been drawn away from the two defeats, so she called out, “Guo Er, go and fight him, I don’t think he’s your match.”
    Yang Guo stuck his tongue out at Huo Dou and said, “Do you dare?” He stood still and pointed to his nose.
    Although Huo Dou was furious, he couldn’t allow a little thing as this get in the way of the mission, their side has now won two rounds, they have taken the position of Chancellor of wulin, why should he get involved with a little kid? He said, “Little bastard, I’ll take my time in teaching you a lesson. Right now, the Chancellor of wulin Jin Lun Fa Wang will say a few words, everyone listen to his orders.”
    All the heroes made a hue and cry, disagreeing, clamoring and shouting.
    Huo Dou said loudly, “We agreed before hand, two wins out of three. Doesn’t your word count?”
    All these heroes are famous people of the Jiang Hu world, they all knew what his words meant, he wanted them to go back on their words, this would never happen; but just now, they had lost the last two rounds in a unjust way, the first round they lost due to an ambush, in the second, only the weapon was broken, they haven’t really lost that round yet, it was difficult for them to accept that justice was done. When Huo Dou asked them this question, they didn’t have a reply.
    Yang Guo said, “Look at that old monk, look how tall and skinny he is, he looks weird, how can he be the Chancellor of wulin? I don’t think he’s worthy.”
    Huo Dou angrily said, “Who’s the master of this child? Take a control of him. If he continues to cause trouble, I won’t hold back.”
    Yang Guo said, “My master is worthy to take the position of the Chancellor of wulin, what skills has you master got?”
    Huo Dou said, “Who is your master? Please invite them out.” He saw Yang Guo’s martial arts weren’t ordinary, he assumed that his master must be a skilled fighter so he used the word ‘please’ in his sentence.”
    Yang Guo said, “Today, the disciples are representing their master to fight for the position of Chancellor of wulin, isn’t it?”
    Huo Dou said, “Correct, our side has won two of the three rounds, because of this, my master is the Chancellor of wulin.”
    Yang Guo said, “Fine, even if you beat them lot, so what? You won’t be able to beat my master’s disciple.”
    Huo Dou asked, “Who is you master’s disciple?”
    Yang Guo laughed and said, “Dumbass! My master’s disciple is of course me.” The crowd listened to his words with amusement and broke out in laughter.
    Yang Guo said, “We’ll compete for another three rounds, if you can win two rounds out of the three, I’ll recognize that monk as the Chancellor of wulin. If I win two rounds, then sorry, the position of the Chancellor of wulin goes to my master.”
    When the crowd heard him say this, they all thought that could it be that this boy’s master is some eminent master, and has come here to challenge the position of Chancellor of wulin with Hong Qi Gong and Jin Lun Fa Wang, they didn’t care who the master of this boy was; at least they are a Han. The young man cannot beat Huo Dou, however victory to the Mongols will allow them to take the position of Chancellor, our side have already been defeated, a new complication might bring about a reversal of fortunes so they all said, “Correct, I agree, only if you Mongols gain another two victory.” “That young brother is correct.” “The central plains have many great fighters, you were lucky in gaining those two rounds, who cares about that?”
    Huo Dou pondered, “The opponent’s two strongest fighters have already lost, what’s there to be afraid of in fighting two more rounds? I’m only afraid that after two comes another two rounds.”
    He said to Yang Guo, “Your master has a right to challenge for the position of the Chancellor of wulin, however, there are thousands and thousands of heroes in this world, after one round comes another, when will it stop?”
    Yang Guo raised his head and said, “My master doesn’t care about others who take the place of the Chancellor of wulin, but when she saw your master, her anger flared up.”
    Huo Dou said, “Who is your master? Where is senior?”
    Yang Guo laughed and said, “Senior is in front of your eyes. Hey, Gu Gu, he asks how senior is.” Xiao Long Nuu gave an ‘en’ sound and nodded to Huo Dou.

Everyone was startled at first but then burst out in laughter. They saw that Xiao Long Nuu was beautiful, she was younger than Yang Guo, how can she be his master? The young man must be joking, trying to make a fool out of Huo Dou. Only Hao Da Tong, Sun Bu Er, Zhao Zhi Jing and Yin Zhi Ping knew that he was telling the truth. Though Huang Rong was intelligent and wise, she could not believe such a pretty, delicate, young girl could be his master.

Huo Duo was furious, he shouted, “Little bastard talking crap! There are many important matters to be resolved today at this heroes gathering, how can I allow you to make trouble here? Crawl away.”
    Yang Guo said, “You master is ugly and dark, his words are gibberish, it is extremely hard on the ears. Look at how beautiful my master is, graceful and elegant, if she is the Chancellor of wulin, won’t that be a lot better than your ugly monk master?” When Xiao Long Nuu heard Yang Guo praising her beauty, she was delighted, she revealed a smile, it really was like a flower blooming, a halo of beautiful jade, unparalleled elegance.
    The crowd saw that Yang Guo was becoming more and more daring in his attempt to make a fool of his opponent, they felt great delight; a few experienced people were secretly worried that Huo Dou would take his life.
    Indeed, Huo Dou could no longer take it and called out, “All the world’s heroes, please can I have your attention, when young prince kills this little punk, he can only have himself to blame, it is not my fault.” His folded fan moved, he was about to attack Yang Guo’s head.
    Yang Guo impersonated his voice and stuck out his chest, he called out, “All the world’s heroes, please can I have your attention, when the little punk kills this prince, he can only have himself to blame, it is not the fault of the little punk’s!” In the midst of the laughter, he suddenly swept the oar handle towards Huo Dou’s backside.
    I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed

2. Hmm. repetition of subduing... DragonSubduingPalms, DemonSubduingRod...
    -
    3. Im a DuguQuiBai fan :P So, does this means that STANCES > Techniques of WEAPONS/FISTS? Is this same as STANCES > WEAPONS/FISTS?

5. Is there a possibility that the name "Dog Beating Stick" was created for YangGo and this particular situation? [/B]
    2. There's also a demonsubduing fist somewhere.

3.Nope. Maybe I didn't get it across right but in that line, its just commenting on the aspects of the martial arts there were using, pointing out how ferocious and violent it is.

5. Its in LOCH so nope unless Jin Yong had planned so far ahead and decided he needed a set of techniques call 'Dog Beating Stick' along with the 'Dog Beating Stick' technique to be used by Yang Guo in this particular scene

ZBT became 'younger' because of his carefree life and the jade bee syrup, his internal energy of course help but you don't see Ma Yu and the others get younger do ya

When the fisherman used his oars, it was his arms that got most benefit, it didn't really help his internal energy at all. Yang Guo's internal energy didn't really get uber strong until he started training in the ocean.

Actually, I also think that there is a very strong possibility that the yellow dress girl wasn't twenty six, seven as described by Cheung Mo Ke but actually over fifty.

Default Re: Re: Thks

Originally posted by Noodles
    ZBT became 'younger' because of his carefree life and the jade bee syrup, his internal energy of course help but you don't see Ma Yu and the others get younger do ya

If ZBT is carefree, then YG&XLN who found eachother are not only carefree, but extremely happy too. A smile is the best youth medicine some says.

And who was also the mistress of jade bees?

Since YG&XLN stayed in the tomb forever they probably would have lived of jade bees syrups too.

This even enhances my theory more.

Actually, I also think that there is a very strong possibility that the yellow dress girl wasn't twenty six, seven as described by Cheung Mo Ke but actually over fifty.
    great minds think alike

Ha! Gogo Yang Guo! Noodles your really killing me lol, translate gogogogogogogogoogogoggo^^;;!
    Wandering the world,
    Sword in hand,
    Searching for a challenge,
    Begging for a loss...

What a great scene! n_n

Hope nothing bad results from Yang Guo's actions...

Thumbs up Thks

Hiya gys,
    Thx Noodles for a wonderful update. It's like watching MATRIX RELOADED, excellent preview of MAJOR behind-kicking event. Actually, YangGo already slapped Huo Dou's behind. He's just doing a more thorough job next time. haha.
    -
    To Noodles: [Explaining the quote below]
    That's exactly the point -- its ferociousness. Is this how Dugu QuiBai's technique would look? Or the IronSword's method? Or how equal or high-level fighers resolve themselves? [Since the fisherman and Da Er Ba are more or less equal...]
    Nope. Maybe I didn't get it across right but in that line, its just commenting on the aspects of the martial arts there were using, pointing out how ferocious and violent it is.
    -
    -
    Observations:
    1. Seems YangGo rely more on techniques [ADVANCED TECHNIQUES] to win, similar to Linghu Chong ... or early Dugu Qui Bai stage?
    2. Did anyone get this joke? I felt it was lame ... Your opinions? I think the 2nd sentence is the culprit.
    “Father wants to spank you! A day doesn’t go past without three spanks, I have spanked you twice, there’s one more!”
    3. Anyone used the Beat Dog stick more meaningful than YangGo?
    -
    -
    Ahh. After the preview comes the main event, up next. Mano E Mano [Spelling right?] ...

Default Hurry up!

Noodle hurry up...cannot wait for the translation to be posted!

you are doing a surperb job-my compliments to you.

I've probably checked SPCNET a dozen times today for updates to ROCH & Athena's translation - ack!! (well, I'm also on summer vacation) Just wanted to say that I'm hugely enjoying this, since IMO, it's one of the most delightful parts in the entire series!!! Thanks a bunch, Noodles! (I wonder what's going to be left for me to translate by the time I get the skill...)
    ~ En-Yi

Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?"
    Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night." - Charles M. Schulz, Charlie Brown in "Peanuts"

Originally posted by En-Yi
    I've probably checked SPCNET a dozen times today for updates to ROCH & Athena's translation - ack!! (well, I'm also on summer vacation) Just wanted to say that I'm hugely enjoying this, since IMO, it's one of the most delightful parts in the entire series!!! Thanks a bunch, Noodles! (I wonder what's going to be left for me to translate by the time I get the skill...)
    you DO know that you can just subscribe to a topic and you'll get an email each time it gets updated? Of course, you'd need an auto-emailchecker to give you a warning,but it works

Hiya gys,
    Thx Noodles for a wonderful update. It's like watching MATRIX RELOADED, excellent preview of MAJOR behind-kicking event. Actually, YangGo already slapped Huo Dou's behind. He's just doing a more thorough job next time. haha.
    -
    To Noodles: [Explaining the quote below]
    That's exactly the point -- its ferociousness. Is this how Dugu QuiBai's technique would look? Or the IronSword's method? Or how equal or high-level fighers resolve themselves? [Since the fisherman and Da Er Ba are more or less equal...]

-
    -
    Observations:
    1. Seems YangGo rely more on techniques [ADVANCED TECHNIQUES] to win, similar to Linghu Chong ... or early Dugu Qui Bai stage?
    2. Did anyone get this joke? I felt it was lame ... Your opinions? I think the 2nd sentence is the culprit.

Not sure about how Dugu's techniques would look like but from how Yang Guo uses the heavy sword, its appears similiar in that it just uses brute force but there were still stances in the techniques of Da Er Ba and Fisherman. Yang Guo's heavy sword didn't really have any stances, just a stab, hack and a swipe, using the brute force of the sword to overcome the opponent, like how the eighteen dragon palms uses brute force to overcome the opponent.

There only way it seems that top fighters can resolves themselves is to compete internal energies ala Hong Qi Gong and Ou Yang Feng, and almost Yang Guo and Zhou Ba Tong later on in the novel.

About the joke....er....sorry about that...don't think it carried over into the translation.....he's meant to the dad beating the naughty son....(forget it....)...it's funnier in chinese....kind of....i give up....

Huo Dou moved out of the way and sent his fan came out along with a lightning left palm, straight towards his head. The fan was a decoy, the palm was not, all his strength was behind that palm, his intention was to split open Yang Guo’s head in one stroke. Yang Guo slanted his body and moved away, along the way, he pushed out a table towards him, a ‘ge’ sound was heard as Huo Dou’s palm landed on the table; splinter flew everywhere as the table was split in half.
    The onlookers gulped as they saw Huo Dou’s frightening strength.
    Huo Dou kicked the table out of the way and immediately afterwards followed it up with another attack. Yang Guo saw that his palm was ruthless and didn’t dare to take it easy anymore, he used the [Dog Beating Stick Technique] with the oar handle to fight him. Hong Qi Gong personally taught him the stances of the [Dog Beating Stick Technique], that day on the peak of mount Wah, he had performed the technique’s most ingenious and mastery aspects to Ou Yang Feng; he has now also heard the formulae and changes of the technique from Huang Rong when she was teaching Lu You Jiao, when the two aspects were combined, he was able to use the technique properly. But the oar handle was too heavy and too short, it wasn’t very convenient, after another ten moves, the oar handle was trapped to one side by Huo Dou’s fan.
    Huang Rong saw that he really was using the [Dog Beating Stick Technique], though the stances weren’t smooth and not fully utilized, when he used it, the techniques he used looked proper and like the real thing, she knew that his weapon wasn’t convenient for him so she went into the middle of the hall and stuck the stick in between the two and said, “Guo Er, to beat dogs you need the Dog Beating Stick. You can borrow chief Lu’s Dog Beating Stick. After you’ve finished beating the evil dog, return the stick.” The Dog Beating Stick is the property of the Beggar Clan’s chief, it had to be clear that it was being borrowed.
    Yang Guo was delighted and received the stick. Huang Rong whispered into his ear, “Force him to give up the antidote.” As soon as she said this she returned to her place.
    Yang Guo had not paid any attention to Zhu Zi Liu fallen victim to an concealed weapon, he didn’t know what antidote she was talking about and was slightly startled; Huo Dou’s palm chopped down.
    Yang Guo raised the Dog Beating Stick and pointed towards Huo Dou’s belly. The bamboo stick was strong and sturdy, the length and weight was perfect, using the Dog Beating Stick to perform the [Dog Beating Stick Technique] can only result in an increase of power. Huo Dou had sent out a palm that was chopping across his neck when he saw the bamboo stick come out, it was aiming for the ‘Sealed First’ pressure point three inches below his navel, this was an important pressure point of the movement of the veins, this little punk’s ability in recognizing pressure points were so precise, Huo Dou couldn’t stop himself from being shocked.
    After he had tangled with Yang Guo, he thought that Yang Guo was just a nimble yong man who had been advised by a great master, after he saw this stance of piercing towards his pressure point, he began to treat him as a an opponent who could match him, he didn’t dare to take it easy, he returned his palm and used his fan to protect his chest. The onlookers saw that he had changed his stance into defense showing that he was worried about Yang Guo, they were even more surprised.
    Yang Guo said, “Wait, little punk here does not fight for no reason, there has to be a wager.”
    Huo Dou said, “Fine, if you lose, kowtow to me three times and call me grandfather three times.”
    Yang Guo again used a trick that children from Jiang Nan used to take advantage of others, he pretended he didn’t hear and asked, “Call what?”
    Using this trick suddenly makes it very easy for the other person to fall into the trap. Huo Duo had grown up in Mongolia and Tibet and has always been surrounded by honest people, how would he understand the craftiness of Jiang Nan kids, so he casually replied, “Call grandfather!”
    Yang Guo responded, “En, good grandson, say it one more time.”
    The crowd broke out into laughter again and Huo Dou knew that he had again fallen into a trick, he bit down, with the fan in his right and palm in his left, he attacked like a violent storm.
    Yang Guo used all his strength to repel him and said, “If you lose, you need to give the antidote to me.”
    Huo Dou angrily said, “I’ll lose to you? Stop daydreaming bastard!”
    Yang Guo raised the bamboo stick and shouted, “Little bastard is scolding who?”
    Huo Dou said, “Little bastard is scolding…” As he got up to this part, he suddenly became aware, at least he managed to rein back the horse from the cliff, the last word ‘you’ was held back.
    Yang Guo laughed and said, “Little prince, I taught you a few things, remember it.” Though his words were said easily, it was becoming more and more difficult for his hands to cope.
    Huo Dou is Jin Lun Fa Wang’s proudest disciple, he has received the important aspects of the Tibetan school, he was able to exchange almost a thousand stances with Reverend Yi Deng’s strongest disciple, his internal energy was profound, he and Yang Guo cannot be mentioned in the same breath.
    At first, Yang Guo was able to get an advantage by making him angry, Huo Dou had not fought with his full strength, now he really was fighting, after twenty moves or so, the comparison between him and Yang Guo was clear; Yang Guo was definitely inferior. But the crowd saw that he was of a young age yet he managed to last so long against Huo Dou, they all praised him and said, “This child is amazing.” They all asked each other who’s tutelage is this young man under.
    Huo Dou saw that the opponent was weaker than him and sent out stronger and stronger palms. The [Dog Beating Stick Technique] that Yang Guo was using is ingenious and inspired, Huo Dou’s fan and palm techniques cannot match it; but all Hong Qi Gong taught him was the stances, he has heard the formulae and principles from Huang Rong, he was clever and managed to force himself to combine the two and use it, but it was impossible for him to understand and comprehend everything immediately, so of course the power of the technique cannot be fully utilized. After a while, Yang Guo was dodging and flashing around, it was difficult for him to attack.

Ever since the first fight started, Guo Fu and the Wu brothers had been watching intently, quietly talking to each other, when Yang Guo came out and started to fight, they were all shocked and surprised. The Wu brothers said that he was rash and impudent, he’s just asking for trouble, Guo Fu as on the opposite side, she praised Yang Guo, saying that he was daring and ardent. When the Wu brothers heard this, their heart ached with an uncomfortable feeling. When the two brothers first saw the closeness between Xiao Long Nuu and Yang Guo when she first arrived, they two of them glanced at each other was able to relax, when they heard Yang Guo saw that she was his master, though they didn’t know whether this was true or not, their heart sank. Right now, they saw that Yang Guo was forced onto his back foot back Huo Dou, the two brothers knew that they shouldn’t wish that the enemy would win, but deep in their hearts, they hoped that the more he suffers the better. Because of the troubles in their hearts, the two experienced many different emotions in the flash of eye. Guo Fu didn’t have any good feelings towards Yang Guo but she didn’t loathe him either, she just treated him as a down on their luck, incapable person, he was insignificant, when she heard her father wanted to betroth her to him, she was angry but she still thought that this would never happen so she didn’t take it to mind. Later on, she saw that his martial arts were anything but ordinary, she was just surprised and nothing more, yet when she saw that he was in danger, she couldn’t stop herself from worrying about him.

Yang Guo knew that if this continued, within ten moves he would succumb to his opponent, he had glanced over and saw that although Xiao Long Nuu was still sitting on the stone base, her back was no longer leaning against the hall’s pillar, she was paying close attention, at any moment she would leap out and help him. He had an idea and suddenly waved the stick across and flew across, leaping across Xiao Long Nuu’s legs.
    Huo Dou shouted, “Where are you going?” He followed after him.
    Xiao Long Nuu’s legs raised slightly, the tip of her left foot aimed towards Huo Dou’s ‘Descendant’s Arrangement’ pressure point on his right ankle, the tip of her right foot kicked towards his left foot’s ‘Surging Spring’ pressure point.
    At least Huo Duo’s skills were profound and refined, he saw what was happening, there was a nimble change, Xiao Long Nuu’s legs had risen a little, the bystanders didn’t think anything of it, he himself knew that Xiao Long Nuu had used a lethal attack, in the midst of this he used a stance of [The Mandarin Duck’s Looping Kick], his legs kicked thin air in a loop and avoided the motionless pressure point kick by Xiao Long Nuu.
    When Yang Guo went by Xiao Long Nuu’s legs, he knew what was going to happen, he didn’t wait for his opponent to fall to the ground and attacked with his Dog Beating Stick. Huo Dou stretched out his fan and supported it against the stick and used the force to move faraway from Xiao Long Nuu, he couldn’t stop himself from glancing over at her, thinking, “Indeed there are many able people in the central plains, that boy and girl are still in their teens, how come they are so good?”
    With the advantage of an extra stance, Yang Guo kept on attacking with the stick technique, he used three critical stances in a row, Huo Dou was scrambling about, using all his strength to repel the attack. However, Yang Guo did not have an ingenious fourth attack to continue the chain, he slowed down momentarily and allowed Huo Dou to counterattack, and was on the receiving end again.
    The onlookers did not understand the stick technique and it went by them, Huang Rong however kept on calling out what a pity in secret, she couldn’t hold in her thoughts and said, “The stick returns across the ground under the clever hand, striking the twin dogs without return.” This was one of the formulae of the [Dog Beating Stick Technique], though Yang Guo knew the stances and formulae, he didn’t know when to use them, when he heard Huang Rong recite this, he immediately brushed the stick across the ground and attacked forward without returning.
    The direction and force of this stick was weird, though he used it, he didn’t know what use it had, how could it be that as soon as the stick attacked forwards, it happened just in time as the opponent raised his fan. Huo Dou had not finished using this stance but knew something was wrong, he hurriedly leapt up and moved away.
    Huang Rong continued, “When the dog leaps over the wall how can it be beaten? Quickly hit its backside and chop its tail.”
    This stick technique has been passed from generation to generation in the Beggar Clan. Beggars aren’t the most elegant and cultured, the words of course would be vulgar.
    The bystanders thought that Huang Rong was ridiculing him by calling him a dog, they didn’t know that she was giving martial arts advice to Yang Guo. Though the [Dog Beating Stick Technique] wasn’t taught to anyone other than the chief, but firstly, Yang Guo has already learnt it and secondly, this match was extremely important, victory was needed, Huang Rong couldn’t care about the clan’s rules anymore, when she saw the two of them advancing and retreating, attacking and defending, she kept on calling out pieces of advice.
    Every phrase she called out was ingenious and what was needed, and along with Yang Guo’s intelligence, he was able to unleash the stances power; after he gained the upper hand many times, he didn’t wait for Huang Rong to finish the line before he continued, he just needed the first few words and was immediately able to use right technique. The power of the [Dog Beating Stick Technique] was indeed strong, even with Huo Dou’s level of martial arts, a bamboo stick was able to run circles around him, he had no chance to attack. Everyone saw that after a few more moves, the skilled prince of the other nation would lose, the heroes’ surprise and delight rose. The hall was filled with cheers.
    Huo Dou quickly unleashed two stances with his fan forcing Yang Guo away a few steps and then called out, “Hold it!”
    Yang Guo laughed and said, “What? My grandson admits defeat?”
    Huo Dou’s face was heavy and said firmly; “You said you are challenging for the position of Chancellor for your master, why are you using the martial arts of Hong Qi Gong? If you say you are representing Hong Qi Gong, we’ve just had two rounds. Are you people trying to cause confusion, deny it or what?”
    Huang Rong didn’t think wrongly, these words were difficult to refute, she was about to argue with him when Yang Guo interrupted, “This time you are speaking like a person, indeed this stick technique is not my master’s, even if I beat you, you won’t take it. If you want to test out my skills, it’s not hard. Just know I used another sect’s kung fu because I was afraid that when I unleash my own sect’s kung fu, you’d lose even more tragically.” When he heard Huo Dou’s words, he looked over towards Xiao Long Nuu and released something, “Luckily that prince woke me up. If I use the [Dog Beating Stick Technique] to beat him, how will I be able to show off Gu Gu’s abilities? How could Gu Gu not be offended if I’ve forgotten her great kindness in teaching me martial arts?” In reality, Xiao Long Nuu was really innocent and naïve, her heart was filled with love and passion for Yang Guo, as long as she can see him, she was fulfilled, she didn’t care about anything else, if he wins that’s great, if he loses there’s no harm, it doesn’t matter, and when it comes to whether he uses their sect’s kung fu or not, or whether he’d listen to Huang Rong’s advice, she didn’t take any of that to heart.
    Huo Dou thought, “If you don’t use the [Dog Beating Stick Technique], how hard is it to take your life?” So he chuckled and said, “Fine, I’ll experience your master’s great stances.”

The most refined techniques that Yang Guo has learnt under Xiao Long Nuu was swordplay, so he faced the crowd and said, “Please can I borrow one of you senior’s sword.” Within the two thousand or so people in the hall, three hundred of them carried a sword, when they heard Yang Guo’s request, they all agreed and offered their swords.
    Before Hao Da Tong and Sun Bu Er entered the tutelage of Wong Chong Yang, they were patriotic people, after they were nurtured by Wong Chong Yang, their desire to repel the barbarian invaders were even stronger.
    They were of course angry with Yang Guo, who expelled himself from the Quan Zhen sect, but now when they saw that he was helping china to fend off the enemy, they flung their sects’ feuds to one side.
    Sun Bu Er was the weakest out of the Quan Zhen Seven Masters, before Wong Chong Yang died, he gave her Quan Zhen’s sharpest and most precious sword to help compensate for her weak kung fu. She saw that Yang Guo was requesting a sword to fight off the enemy so she dashed forward to the front, her hands holding a glittering, precious sword and said, “Use this sword!”
    Yang Guo saw that the sword was like a clear autumn river, he knew that it was a weapon which could cut through gold and jade, if he used it to fight Huo Dou, he would definitely be able to gain some advantage, but as soon as he saw the Taoist gown that Sun Bu Er was wearing, he immediately thought about the suffering that he had in Quan Zhen, and also remembered how grandma Sun died under the palm of Hao Da Tong, his eyes rolled over and didn’t take the sword, he instead turned around and borrowed a dark and rusted iron sword from a Beggar Clan member and said, “I’ll borrow this brother’s sword.” He left Sun Bu Er standing there like a corpse, she couldn’t advance forward or go back. Though she practice Taoism, it is hard to cleanse the fiery nature of martial artist, this young man dared to throw back her good intentions of lending her sword back to her, she couldn’t stop herself from getting angry, she wanted to scold and curse him but the enemy was here, it wasn’t convenient to start another argument, she forced herself to endure her anger and returned to the crowd.
    Yang Guo’s character was too determined and stubborn, he loved and hated to the extreme, originally he could have taken this opportunity to repair some of the damage between him and Quan Zhen but his reaction deepened the hatred between the two sides.

When Huo Dou saw that Yang Guo didn’t take the precious sword but chose a rusty iron sword, he was worried. When one reaches an extremely high level in martial arts, flowers and leaves can be used to harm people, not needing the sharpness of weaponry, he pondered about the opponent taking such a blunt sword, was he really that strong? He opened his fan and fluttered it twice; he was about to open his mouth to signal the start of the battle.
    Yang Guo’s sword pointed to the four words written by Zhu Zi Liu on his fan, he laughed and said, “You are hence a barbarian, everyone knows that, there’s no need to spread it everywhere.”
    Huo Dou’s face was red, a ‘pai’ sound was heard as the fan close and became a short stick, he pointed the fan towards Yang Guo’s ‘Shoulder Well’ pressure point, he left palm came chopping out with the force of a strong wind, ruthless and swift. Yang Guo’s iron sword moved as he used the [Jade Maiden Sword Technique] in response.

Originally posted by athlonkmf
    you DO know that you can just subscribe to a topic and you'll get an email each time it gets updated? Of course, you'd need an auto-emailchecker to give you a warning,but it works
    Actually, I didn't know that, but I don't check my e-mail that much right now anyhow...thanks for letting me know, though!! Hnh...I wonder what's the most convenient way of doing this.
    ~ En-Yi

Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?"
    Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night." - Charles M. Schulz, Charlie Brown in "Peanuts"

Thumbs up Thks

Hiya gys,
    Thx Noodles for the Grand Premiere battle, I mean, translation. Finally YangGuo takes off his shirt and show off his HuLKS.
    -
    -
    Observations:
    1. Nice opening ... HuoDuo splitting the table [ROCH83/84 should do that, or did they?]
    -
    2. GuoFu doesn't give a dam_n about YangGuo ... [ROCH83/84 friendship and loves scenes. -- <<shakes head>>]
    -
    3. I didnt notice YangGuo was that inferior to HuoDuo
    --- seems only his LightnessFu and techniques saved him.
    --- Finally understood why YangGuo switched the oar [80 Kilos?] to the DogBeatingStick, ROCH83/84 portrayed he INCONVENIENCED by the oar but not losing the battle...
    --- YangGuo used LittleDragonGirl to to trip HuoDuo and cheat !?!
    --- Finally understood why HuangRong recite DogStickTechniques to YangGuo [ROCH83/84] -- he doesnt fully comprehend DogBeatingTechnique and was losing the battle...
    -
    4. Time travel or what? YangGuo using "Iron Sword" at this tournament. Talk about foreshadowing ... haha.
    -
    5. Did noticed until now, there are a lot more heroes [ALOT] in the Hero's Feast than was portrayed in ROCH83/84. How the heck did GuoJing and Heroes lose to the Mongols? Could GuoJing want peace and only act as a barrier between Mongol/China?