Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xiao Yao Sect martial arts

Default Xiao Yao Sect martial arts

Can you guys help me list all the known Xiao Yao sect martial arts and how it works?

Bei Ming Shen Gong
    - absorb other people's internal energy and keep it as the practition's own energy.

Ling Bo Wei Bu
    - run very fast and use to dodge attack from other.

P.S. you can also add to or modify my description of the above 2 martial arts because I don't have indept knowledge of them as well. In the other thread I started about BMSG and 6MSJ, people are still unable to resolve what BMSG can or cannot do.

I'm assuming that all of TSTL and LQS's martial arts originated from the Xiao Yao Sect in some way, since they seemed to know each other's martial arts very well. I'll draw the line at DCQ, and assume that the Singshu school is totally unrelated.

TSTL had the Bahuangliuhewushuangshengong - as far as I know, the second longest wugong name in JY stories =P I don't think she actually managed to complete practising it before she died. It was a form of inner power cultivation. She also had Tianshanliuyangzhang and Tianshanzimeishou, both melee skills, and the Tianshanliuyangzhang was also used to project (and cure) the Shengsihu. She also had some kind of lightness kungfu called Yueyingwubu, which she taught XuZhu as well.

LQS had the Baihongzhang, which was the melee skill she used to beat TSTL before Xu Zhu rescued her with the TS6YZ. She also had Xiaowushanggong, a powerful form of internal energy.

Just curious. What is the longest martial art name in JY stories?

TS6YZ- Tian Shan 6 Yang Zhang/Palm; soft yang palm of Xiao Yao sect.

Tian Shan Zhe Mei Shou- reputedly able to mimick or adapt to all the best characteristics of all grappling techniques. (DGSD)

BMSG- BeiMing ShenGong; one of the finest skills of Xiao Yao Sect, DY practices this technique which enables users to absorb enemy's inner power and use it as their own. (DGSD)

Ha Gong Da Fa- which is a skill of Xiao Yao Sect (in fact most of DCC's skill are learned from Xiao Yao Sect). Ha Gong Da Fa enables a user who uses poison materials to dissipates an enemies' inner power completely.

Bahuangliuhewushuangshengong- The pinnacle of all taoist inner power. Not much known about this skill except that TSTL mastered it completely, it bestows tremendous inner power, and youth to the user. The only disadvantage is that the user would need to re-train every 30 years. (I'm not too sure about this because TSTL's case might be unique due to the fire deviation during her 20s).

Xiao Wu Xiang Gong- Inner power of LCS. Very powerful. Claimed by TSTL as the reason why she cannot kill her.

Apart from skills mentioned by Ian, LCS also have a skill which she shouts out and detects her enemy. (Can't remember the name.)

Originally posted by kidd
    Just curious. What is the longest martial art name in JY stories?
    As far as I know, the longest name I've seen (and I've only read about half of Jin Yong's works) is the Bai Bian Qian Huan Heng Shan Yun Wu She San Shi (The Hundred Changes Thousand Forms Hengshan Cloud Mist 13 Movements) used by Mo Da and Liu Zhengfeng in XAJH. It was fast enough for Mo Da to ambush Fei Bing, and also fast enough for Liu Zhengfeng to distract three Songshan masters before grabbing Fei Bing hostage. Or maybe Fei Bing was just naturally slow... =)

Originally posted by Ian Liew
    As far as I know, the longest name I've seen (and I've only read about half of Jin Yong's works) is the Bai Bian Qian Huan Heng Shan Yun Wu She San Shi (The Hundred Changes Thousand Forms Hengshan Cloud Mist 13 Movements) used by Mo Da and Liu Zhengfeng in XAJH. It was fast enough for Mo Da to ambush Fei Bing, and also fast enough for Liu Zhengfeng to distract three Songshan masters before grabbing Fei Bing hostage. Or maybe Fei Bing was just naturally slow... =)
    I'm sure somewhere along the line Wei Xiao Bao made up something much longer.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Originally posted by Ian Liew
    Interestingly, Lanny translated it as "Magical Thirteen Phantom Stances of Hengshan Mist.”

Haha, well, I didn't really translate the phrase, rathr than translate each word individually. =)

May I know who uses 'Tian Shan Zhe Mei Shou'?
    Last edited by kidd; 03-26-06 at 10:27 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Xiao Wu Xiang Gong- Inner power of LCS. Very powerful. Claimed by TSTL as the reason why she cannot kil
    I've always wondered about this skill.

In ZJZ's adaptation of DGSD, Jiumozhi tried to ridicule Shaolin by displaying some secret Shaolin martial art. Xuzhu, however, claimed that he didn't actually learn those skills but was using Xiao Wuxiang Gong to imitate the stances.

Exactly what kind of skill is Xiao Wuxiang Gong as described in the novel?
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

XWXZ should be an inner power art. I believe the deal was that the Shaolin 72 Supreme Arts (also known as the Divine Arts, Consummate Arts, Ultimate Arts, whatever) all had both an external and an internal part. JMZ knew all the external parts but he used XWXZ instead for the inner power. In the 3rd Ed. there was some statements to the extent that JMZ didn't know the whole XWXZ and as a result had fire deviation from trying to use it for the 72 arts.

Can anyone answer my question please?

什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I believe that was used by Tian Shan Shen Lao and Xu Zhu later on.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Can anyone answer my question please?

My guess would be Xuzhu and TSTL. It's supposed to be some form of 'qin na' (submission hold technique)

As for BMSG, I think there is a limit to who you can suck from. When DY tried to suck from Duan Yanqing he got repelled. But he could suck from Jiumozhi. I dunno wtf...

Does anyone know the difference between BMSG and XXDF?

The other skill not mentioned yet is Shen Si Fu (Talisman of Life and Death). In computer games it's usually featured as some uber ranged attack.
    The Truth is out there
    I say we leave it there...

BMSG is better than XXDF, as BMSG can mix the internal power you suck so that you don't experience problems like LHC did.

I don't think BMSG has any limit. He was alot more powerful when he tried to suck JMZ than when he tried to suck from DYQ.

Shen Si Fu is some ice projectile. It's thrown with TS6YZ and apparently you can put it in various parts of the body and depending on which part you put it in you must remove it in different methods. It also hurts alot.

Quote Originally Posted by MrIllusion
    As for BMSG, I think there is a limit to who you can suck from. When DY tried to suck from Duan Yanqing he got repelled. But he could suck from Jiumozhi. I dunno wtf...
    Deun Yu's inner power was much deeper when he absorbed Kau Mor Tze's inner power than when he attempted to absorb Deun Yin Hing's. Between the failed attempt to absorb from Great Evil # 1 and the successful absorption of the Tubo Imperial Priest's inner power, Deun Yu had absorbed the inner power of at least a half dozen people...deepening his own inner power enough that Kau Mor Tze's inner power could flow into Deun Yu.

When DY tried to suck from Duan Yanqing he got repelled
    Duan Yu did not get repelled automatically, I don't think. It was Duan Yanqing who successfully broke away with his effort.

May I know who uses 'Tian Shan Zhe Mei Shou'
    In his fight with Jiumozhi, Xuzhu used this technique to lock Jiumozhi's left hand. It worked quite well.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Also, Xu Zhu resorted to TSZMS after he had already been successfully grasped with Dragon Claws by JMZ. He panicked and resorted to XY Sect arts, totally blindsiding JMZ. But he was retarded (granted, critical and stressful situation, but it was still a retarded mistake) and actually 'forgot' to immobilize JMZ.

so most of the skills were lost after Xu Zhu?

what was the origination of XiaoYao sect, seems really [powerful their skills...