Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ranking the weapons of Condor Trilogy

Originally posted by Temujin
    Got anything to prove it ? If so, then we can change the ranking to :

1. DS
    2. HS
    3. HIS
    Yup just check one of my earlier posts.

how about DGQB's first sword. DGQB said that it was very sharp and can penerate anything also that nothing can block it or handle it.
    I think I would rank it along with YG's Gentleman Sword.

Also those 6 Ming Fire Scepter, which even the Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre can't penerate it.

A couple of observations:

Iridium is used to harden platinum which is a very soft metal. Iridium is not typically used to harden other metals.

Titanium is strong as steel but about half of the weight. Yet despite this there doesn't seem to be many knives with titanium blades -there's a fair number of knives with titanium handles though.

The Iron Sword is a misnomer. The actual phrase is "Suan Tie Jian". "Suan Tie" when forged is evidently a superdense black metal with a red sheen. I believe the metal token from XiaKeXing was made of this material as well. It is said to be extremely precious so much so that NiMoXing(?) who had a whip studded with diamonds and other jewels was immediately awestruck by the sword.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

I don't think anyone ever said the HS and DS could not be melted. That being said...

If the user who can use the weapon to it's full potential is counted, the the wooden sword should be number 1.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

titanium is too rigid to be used in chinese swords. chinese swords have a certain amount of flexibility in them, but if you use titanium, the blade will either stubbornly stay unbent or it'll snap, which is highly unlikely if made well.

OK. let's come up with a concensus here !

Based on these facts, is the heavy iron sword stronger than the HS and the DS ?

But the Heavy Iron Sword will never ever bend
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Originally posted by Ardor
    I don't think anyone ever said the HS and DS could not be melted. That being said...

If the user who can use the weapon to it's full potential is counted, the the wooden sword should be number 1.
    actually, there were a couple of people at the beginning tried to melt the Dragon Sabre to get the manual out, and they have no luck melting it.

Originally posted by Carefree Assassin
    titanium is too rigid to be used in chinese swords. chinese swords have a certain amount of flexibility in them, but if you use titanium, the blade will either stubbornly stay unbent or it'll snap, which is highly unlikely if made well.
    I believe I have read somewhere about the recent archeology findings, that the armies of Emperor Qin uses sabre that was coated with titanium. and if my 'learning' from those midnight TV shopping advertisement is 'correct', isn't that titanium coating allows a metal to cut through things easily? Could this be the reason why HS and DS is stronger than HIS (assuming HIS doesn't have titanium coating)?

In addition, although the technology of the past is not as advance as today, their alchemy is million times better than today! Therefore, it is no surprise if they can come up with a very strong weapon. and with profound 'qi', I believe martial artist can forge a better weapon than today's machine.

My personal rating is the Gentleman and Lady Sword should be on the top! They are light and sharp. Anyone who can use HS, DS or HIS should be able to wield this sword to its full potential! By incorporating Jade Maiden play on it, watching the play is much satisfying than knowing which sword is the most powerful weapon.
    What is love?

Originally posted by TaiHan
    actually, there were a couple of people at the beginning tried to melt the Dragon Sabre to get the manual out, and they have no luck melting it.
    Why would they do that? The presence of the Mo Muk War Tactics Manual in the Dragon Sabre was a secret known only to the Ngor Mei Sect leader. Nobody else had a clue. Everybody else assumed that the weapon itself had the power, not that there was something special hidden within it.

Originally posted by TaiHan
    that's kinda stupid...
    if you melt the thing, wouldn't you burn the manual?

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Why would they do that? The presence of the Mo Muk War Tactics Manual in the Dragon Sabre was a secret known only to the Ngor Mei Sect leader. Nobody else had a clue. Everybody else assumed that the weapon itself had the power, not that there was something special hidden within it.
    actually the people who were trying to melt it only know part of the secret. their knowledge of the secret was inferior to what Emei Sect leader knows. I also got to say no matter how careful a person can be the secret is still somehow going to sneak out.

in the 1st verison, Hai Dong Qing when talking with Yu DaiYan about the Dragon Sabre, he said that he believe that the 9 Yang is in the Sabre or less possiblily the legendary 9 Yin. Which is of course none of them. Hai Dong Qing was trying to bride Yu DaiYan to help him and cure his poison.

But in the 2nd verison, Hai Dong Qing was interrupted and killed before saying these words.

Originally posted by Ardor
    that's kinda stupid...
    if you melt the thing, wouldn't you burn the manual?
    yea, they are stupid.
    Hai Dong Qing did give some reason to that when Yu DaiYan questioned him but I can't remember.

It also say that while it is being heated, the sabre didn't turn even turn red at all and remained black.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 06-03-04 at 03:57 AM.

Originally posted by Carefree Assassin
    Titanium is much more flexible then steel or iron. Esp. if alloyed right.

I don't recall real Chinese swords as being flexible. Its only those fake wushu swords which are all bendy.

While iridium does indeed act as a hardening agent, the forging technique generally is more important to how strong the sword will be...

Alloys can be harder or softer depending on what is mixed in and how much. So we can't say for sure that the HS or DS is worse/better than the HIS.

From anecdoctal information, I'd say that they're all just as strong as each other except the HS and DS are sharp.

Originally posted by Temujin
    Yes, but the heaven sword will not exist without the heavy iron sword, that's why I think the predecessor is more important than the heaven sword. Beside if the heaven sword ever clash with the heavy iron sword, I think it's obvious enough that the iron sword will break the heaven sword.

Again, we have to factor in the sword in the hand of any fighters who can pick it up and use it to its maximum power.

Just like the list of weapon in Gu Long story, Dagger that's used by Li XunHuan as one of the most powerful (don't remember exactly the ranking) but actually only LiXun Huan himself can use it, although sure enough anyone with talents that found their way to its techniques can learn it too.
    If the New Chor Lau Heung by Richie Ren was true, I remember they keep on saying that Li Xun Huan Dagger was rated as number one in the weapon list. And Chor Lau Heung learned Dagger technic from Li Xun Huan.

Well off topic anyway

Originally posted by Jian Shen
    If the New Chor Lau Heung by Richie Ren was true, I remember they keep on saying that Li Xun Huan Dagger was rated as number one in the weapon list. And Chor Lau Heung learned Dagger technic from Li Xun Huan.

Well off topic anyway
    No, I already asked about it in this forum long time ago. It was not true, CLX did not learn anything from LXH.

Do Ku Kow Bai had three swords

1. A super sharp sword used before he was thirty
    2. The Yuen Chi Sword used after he was thirty
    3. A wooden sword

He didnt require any weapons afterwards. Let us focus on weapons that have been actually used these being

1.Yuen Chi Sword
    2.Dragon Sabre
    3. Heavenly Sword
    4. Holy Fire Tablets

In my opinion there is not a victor. Dragon Sabre and Heavenly Sword were forged out of the Yuen Chi Sword and therefore Yuen Chi Sword carries the mass of both weapons.

You must account for the fact that the Yuen Chi Sword did not have any edge and was as blunt as a butter knife and relied on a strong chi source to drain energy into the sword to chop things down. this gives DS and HS the advantage of sharpened edge keep in account that DS and HS clashed together will cause them to break if any on of them was to snap down on the Yuen Chi Sword it would have been impossible to penetrate that would give rise to a stale mate.

Holy Fire Tablets were inpenetrable too even under the Dragon Sabre's edge therefore it would have been as rigid as the original Yuen Chi Sword however take in account that the Tablets arent sharpened in anyway and could not break the Dragon Sabre. If it can't break the Dragon Sabre then it has no way of snapping the Yuen Chi Sword or the Heavenly Sabre

This then gives rise to a stalemate.

Some people may refute that the DS and HS contain the Mo Mok Strategy Guide, 18 palms of the dragon and the 9 Yin Manual They cant access them until the blades a broken therefore rendering the manuscripts usesless for this cause

Originally posted by rabadi
    No, I already asked about it in this forum long time ago. It was not true, CLX did not learn anything from LXH.
    I just browse thru CLX story. It doesnt seems there is a LXH name in the story at all. Darn, those people change so much from the novel. My bad...

Originally posted by Jian Shen

Well off topic anyway
    Little Li Flying Daggers is actually number 3 on the list

I think CLX was even before Dagger Lee too.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"