Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ranking the weapons of Condor Trilogy

Default Ranking the weapons of Condor Trilogy

Let's create a ranking of all the weapons in the Condor Trilogy

Here are the weapons of condor trilogy (please add more as we go along; I don't think I remember all of them)

List of weapons (not in order of importance)

Jade Flute (HYS)
    Heavy Iron Sword (YG)
    Dog Beating Stick (H7Q, HR)
    Snake stuff (AYF)
    Body Armor (HR)
    Silk Gloves (XLN)
    Jade Bee Needles (XLN)
    Wooden Sword (YG)
    Wheels (GWM)
    YTX Spear (YTX)
    Ken Zhen E stuff (KZE)
    Guo Jing knife (YK)
    Yang Kang knife (GJ)
    Whip (Mei Chiao Feng)
    Gentleman Sword (YG)
    Lady Sword (XLN)
    Whisk (LMC)
    Dragon Sabre (XX)
    Hook and Brush (ZCS)
    Heaven Sword (MJ)
    Golden Flowers (GFG)
    Golden Flower Granny's stuff (GFG)
    Silk belt/cloth (XLN)
    Soul Freezing Silver Needles (LMC)

Default Re: Ranking the weapons of Condor Trilogy

Originally posted by Temujin
    Let's create a ranking of all the weapons in the Condor Trilogy

Here are the weapons of condor trilogy (please add more as we go along; I don't think I remember all of them)

List of weapons (not in order of importance)

Jade Flute (HYS)
    Heavy Iron Sword (YG)
    Dog Beating Stick (H7Q, HR)
    Snake stuff (AYF)
    Body Armor (HR)
    Silk Gloves (XLN)
    Jade Bee Needles (XLN)
    Wooden Sword (YG)
    Wheels (GWM)
    YTX Spear (YTX)
    Ken Zhen E stuff (KZE)
    Guo Jing knife (YK)
    Yang Kang knife (GJ)
    Whip (Mei Chiao Feng)
    Gentleman Sword (YG)
    Lady Sword (XLN)
    Whisk (LMC)
    Dragon Sabre (XX)
    Hook and Brush (ZCS)
    Heaven Sword (MJ)
    Golden Flowers (GFG)
    Golden Flower Granny's stuff (GFG)
    Silk belt/cloth (XLN)
    Soul Freezing Silver Needles (LMC)
    I think swords gets the highest ranked since they're the most biased weapons in wuxia.

Forgot the Golden Snake Sword.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    Forgot the Golden Snake Sword.
    But that's not a weapon from Condor Trilogy.

Originally posted by rabadi
    But that's not a weapon from Condor Trilogy.
    Aya, nevermind then.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Huo Du's fan
    GongSun Tzi's Yin Yang Sabre and Sword
    Xiao XiangZi's Rod
    Yin KeXi's whip
    Guo Xiaotian's twin halberds
    Feng MaiFeng's Hammer and Crutch
    Jebe's bow
    Zhu ZiLiu's brush
    Zhang Ah Seng's butcher knife
    Father Burnt Wood's...uhh.....burnt piece of wood

Of course the Heaven Sword will reign supreme
    Of course the Heavy Iron Sword is a much better weapon but you need SKILL to use it. Any idiot can use the Heaven Sword.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

The fly whisk of LMC.

It is difficult to rank the weapon without ranking the user. Besides, from the weapons listed, there is some difficulty ranking them. Like how to rank Jebe's bow to HR's vest and to XLN's Lady Sword, for example. One is a ranged weapon, the others are protection suit and melee weapon.

OK.... no one is willing to do it. Let me try to compose my own list here, obviously this is very subjective and could be re-arrange in many ways, but let's try to find some concensus here.

Feel free to give comments, ideas, suggestions.

Here's the list ...

1) Heavy Iron Sword

Both the heaven sword and the dragon sabre are made from the heavy iron sword, and we see it in action in the hands of YG with his abundant raw inner power. This weapon is almost flawless, slashing, cutting, thrusting anything in its path. Without this weapon there will be no heaven sword & dragon sabre.

2) Dragon Sabre

The heaven sword might reign supreme in the martial arts world, but when the dragon sabre appears, all under heaven will be down on their feet. The yue fei war manual contains inside the dragon sabre will give its owner to power and knowledge to control the empire

3) Heaven Sword

Amazing sword as we can see in the hand Mie Jue, and it also contains the 9 Yin manual, but what's the use of being a great martial artist if you can command the entire armies and conquer the empire with the dragon sabre ?

4) Dog Beating Stick

Has been passed on to all beggar union leaders, and has been proven to be agile, strong, and enhance the dog beating stick technique to its maximum. You show this stick, almost any beggar in the realm will be at your service

5) Wheels (GWM)

5 powerful wheels that makes almost defeat all the powerful fighters during ROCH, with the exception of YG, GJ and the Greats.

6) Snake stuff (AYF)

Without a doubt an original weapon used by the mighty genious king of all poisons, West Venom AYF
    If I remember it correctly, the snake head-like upper portion can spit out poison

7) Body Armor (HR)

Proven to be a very reliable body armor during the LOCH/ROCH era, several lives have been saved and prevented from severe injuries, especially HR during LOCH

8) Guo Jing knife/Yang Kang knife

Super sharp knife that can penetrate almost anything including MCF's lover (forgot his name)

9) Golden Flower Granny's stuff (GFG)

A very powerful and strong weapon that's made from hard-to-find material but nevertheless broken by the heaven sword

10) Jade Flute (HYS)

HYS' weapon of choice before it was broken

11) Silk Gloves

A treasure of Ancient Tomb section, used by YG and XLN several times to defend and catch almost any sharp weapons they encounter in ROCH

12) Xiao XiangZi's Rod

Very strong and awesome weapon in the hand of Xiao Xiang Zi and gave his opponents trouble, including some formidable fighters.

13) Gentleman Sword and Lady Sword

It was said to be very strong and sharp, but I don't particularly think they are as valuable as the previous 10 weapons

14) Jade Bee Needles (XLN)

This jade bee needles are as light as it can be and said to be hardly visible. The ultimate secret weapon indeed.

15) Soul Freezing Silver Needles (LMC)

LMC uses these weapons to scare the entire realm, but I think jade bee needles are slightly better due to its size and lighter weight

16) Seeds

The seeds used by Qiu Qian Chi. So powerful that even YG and GongSun Tzi are almost defeated.

17) Jebe's bow

The bow has been with him for many years and made him the best archer in the realm.

18) GongSun Tzi's Yin Yang Sabre and Sword

Secret weapons of his family, but I don't think there's anything really that special to the weapons, what makes them special is the reverse use of sabre/sword techniques

19) Silk belt/cloth (XLN)

XLN's other weapon, very agile and extremely swift. The little metal at the end can act as hard weapon to seal pressure points

20) Golden Flowers (GFG)

Killed some of the great fighters of HSDS and give a scare to anyone who hear them

21) Hook and Brush (ZCS)

The only 7 Wudang heroes with a unique pair of weapons, although I don't think they're that powerful even against standard weapons. But when ZCS uses it, it makes them a very extraordinary and he's the only one who knows how to use them among the brothers.

22) Whisk (LMC)

LMC's other weapon but I think the technique itself is the one that makes it powerful

23) Whip (Mei Chiao Feng)

MCF's weapon but nothing more than a standard whip, a good addition to her White Bone Claw techniques

24) YTX Spear (YTX)

Yang's family treasure (is it not ?) unfortunately, I don't think it's that powerful since it was only used by General Yang who's martial arts is probably only at the level of great military man but certainly not that powerful.

25) Zhu ZiLiu's brush

The brush itself fits the scholar with his Yi Yang finger techniques combined with poetries and literature, but again, it's more of the technique.

26) Yin KeXi's whip

Not more powerful than LMC's whisk and MCF's whip

27) Ken Zhen E stuff (KZE)

Has been with him for years until he lost it in LOCH.

28) Guo Xiaotian's twin halberds

Not much really. But aren't these halberds also famous since they have a long history behind them ?

29) Huo Du's fan

Isn't this just a standard wuxia type fan with some secret weapon in it

30) AYK's fan

Same thing with Huo Du's, but less menacing

31) Wooden Sword

Used by DGQB before, and used by YG but broken by GWM. Not much of a weapon really, just your standard wooden sword with great history. You need high internal energy to use it.

32) Zhang Ah Seng's butcher knife

Nothing great about it. The whole Jiang Nian weirds are not that powerful really.

33) Feng MaiFeng's Hammer and Crutch

Just the typical hammer and crutch, the only reason he was winning was because the weapons were burning and YG was boosting his morale.

34) Father Burnt Wood's...uhh.....burnt piece of wood

well... yeah, it's just a piece of wood
    Last edited by Temujin; 05-25-04 at 05:00 PM.

31) Wooden Sword

Used by DGQB before, and used by YG but broken by GWM. Not much of a weapon really, just your standard wooden sword with great history. You need high internal energy to use it.

Yang Guo didn't use it against Fa Wang, he was using a normal sword. We only ever see it in action against the waves of the sea, the divine condor and er.. a tree. Second to bottom on the list, above that piece of burnt wood.

13) Gentleman Sword and Lady Sword

It was said to be very strong and sharp, but I don't particularly think they are as valuable as the previous 10 weapons

I personally rate these swords very highly, maybe just behind the heavenly sword and dragon sabre. Thin, no tip or sharp edge and yet it still can cut through other weapons like butter not to mention Yang Guo's arm, its black. Have some things in common with the heavy iron sword. Could well be made out of same of the metal that the heavy sword is made out of.

32) Zhang Ah Seng's butcher knife

Nothing great about it. The whole Jiang Nian weirds are not that powerful really.

Wasn't it described as an extremely sharp blade that can cut gold and jade? Should be higher a couple of places.

Missing:

The nets of the Passionless Valley
    Ni Mo Xing's Iron Snake, some of kind of chain, flail type of weapon.

Is the list based on the weapons themselves or also the users behind it?

Originally posted by SkineePanda
    Is the list based on the weapons themselves or also the users behind it?
    Off course based on the weapons themselves, but we also have to factor in evidence or actual statements in the novel that suggest how powerful they are, especially when used by fighters who knows how to use it correctly and maximize their potentials.

For example, the dog beating stick won't be as agile and powerful if the user don't know anything behind the techniques and applications of dog beating sticks. Look at how powerful it is in the hand of H7Q/HR

The heaven sword, while a powerful sword and without a doubt will enhance anyone's invincibility with sword, but it was used to the max by Mie Jue since her school developed the technique for it

and so on and so on....

I understand that ranking these weapons will be a difficult tasks indeed, but let's come up with something.
    Last edited by Temujin; 05-25-04 at 07:28 PM.

Off course based on the weapons themselves, but we also have to factor in evidence or actual statements in the novel that suggest how powerful they are, especially when used by fighters who knows how to use it correctly and maximize their potentials.

For example, the dog beating stick won't be as agile and powerful if the user don't know anything behind the techniques and applications of dog beating sticks. Look at how powerful it is in the hand of H7Q/HR

The heaven sword, while a powerful sword and without a doubt will enhance anyone's invincibility with sword, but it was used to the max by Mie Jue since her school developed the technique for it

So its based on weapons themselves AND the users.

but if it really was based on the weapons themselves and used by regular common people like us, weapons like iron sword and dragon sabre would be too damn heavy and useless weapons like seeds and the whisk would be the very bottom

So its based on weapons themselves AND the users.

but if it really was based on the weapons themselves and used by regular common people like us, weapons like iron sword and dragon sabre would be too damn heavy and useless weapons like seeds and the whisk would be the very bottom
    Needles will not be useful either since you won't have the strength to throw it hard enough to impale someone.

Needles will not be useful either since you won't have the strength to throw it hard enough to impale someone.
    and a burnt piece of wood can be quite lethal esp. when u throw it at full speed, or just beat someone with it

ranged weapons like the bow,, needles, darts,etc can run out

but i think Xiano XiangZi's rod should be very high since it releases clouds of poison, YG killed many Mongols with it, but Heaven sword should be on top

but i think Xiano XiangZi's rod should be very high since it releases clouds of poison, YG killed many Mongols with it, but Heaven sword should be on top
    Makes me think why GJ and HR didn't make anything similar to this to kill of the Mongolian army.

Makes me think why GJ and HR didn't make anything similar to this to kill of the Mongolian army.
    coz they never meant to change history

1) Heavy Iron Sword

Both the heaven sword and the dragon sabre are made from the heavy iron sword, and we see it in action in the hands of YG with his abundant raw inner power. This weapon is almost flawless, slashing, cutting, thrusting anything in its path. Without this weapon there will be no heaven sword & dragon sabre.

31) Wooden Sword

To use the Heavy Iron Sword, the user has to go through specialized training, you cannot use normal sword techniques with it as opposed to the Heaven Sword made from it which can be used by any idiot to great effect.

As a weapon, the Heavy Iron Sword is good but it is nothing in the wrong hands while the Heaven Sword can make any idiot powerful. Same goes for the wooden sword and the blade of grass.
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Originally posted by Ardor
    To use the Heavy Iron Sword, the user has to go through specialized training, you cannot use normal sword techniques with it as opposed to the Heaven Sword made from it which can be used by any idiot to great effect.

As a weapon, the Heavy Iron Sword is good but it is nothing in the wrong hands while the Heaven Sword can make any idiot powerful. Same goes for the wooden sword and the blade of grass.
    Yes, but the heaven sword will not exist without the heavy iron sword, that's why I think the predecessor is more important than the heaven sword. Beside if the heaven sword ever clash with the heavy iron sword, I think it's obvious enough that the iron sword will break the heaven sword.

Again, we have to factor in the sword in the hand of any fighters who can pick it up and use it to its maximum power.

Just like the list of weapon in Gu Long story, Dagger that's used by Li XunHuan as one of the most powerful (don't remember exactly the ranking) but actually only LiXun Huan himself can use it, although sure enough anyone with talents that found their way to its techniques can learn it too.