Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zhang Wuji vs. Miss Yang

I personally think Yang lady is YG's decendent. Afterall, she did say that quotation that confused ZWJ. She said something like about the mountain where All True Sect use to be and Seng Diao Xian Lu stuff, I can't remember! But there was a quick mention that gave us some hint.
    If they were to fight, I'll put my money on ZWJ. Even if 9 Yin is par with 9 Yang internally as some of you guys say, 9 Yang training wise is no doubt faster. When ZWJ looked at 9 Yin, he said that if one was to spend 10 or 20 years then their kung fu would be incredible. As we all agree, ZWJ's internal was already omega GJ at 56. And GJ mainly practiced the internal for 9 Yin. One can argue that GJ is much more busier than ZWJ who just spent a lot of the day training. But GJ after 30 years should have surpassed 5 years of straight training. So even so, ZWJ's internal should surpass Yang Lady. And ZWJ also has the advantage with QKDLY which can be used to CREATE weaknesses in other people's attacks. I just read HSDS yesterday, QKDLY can move a technique and create a weakness that is attackable. When ZWJ say his grandfather fighting with Wudang 1, he thought they were holding back because he saw so many weaknesses, but in reality, the two weren't holding back. JY then says from 3rd view that there actually weren't weaknesses, it's just that QKDLY CAN MAKE THOSE WEAKNESSES. So I can imagine Yang Lady's external kung fu getting messed up.

If she is XLN's descendent, she would inherent some of her beuatiful genes; therefor the pussy ZWJ will get distracted and the Yang Lady will come out victorious!

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    I personally think Yang lady is YG's decendent. Afterall, she did say that quotation that confused ZWJ. She said something like about the mountain where All True Sect use to be and Seng Diao Xian Lu stuff, I can't remember! But there was a quick mention that gave us some hint.
    If they were to fight, I'll put my money on ZWJ. Even if 9 Yin is par with 9 Yang internally as some of you guys say, 9 Yang training wise is no doubt faster. When ZWJ looked at 9 Yin, he said that if one was to spend 10 or 20 years then their kung fu would be incredible. As we all agree, ZWJ's internal was already omega GJ at 56. And GJ mainly practiced the internal for 9 Yin. One can argue that GJ is much more busier than ZWJ who just spent a lot of the day training. But GJ after 30 years should have surpassed 5 years of straight training. So even so, ZWJ's internal should surpass Yang Lady. And ZWJ also has the advantage with QKDLY which can be used to CREATE weaknesses in other people's attacks. I just read HSDS yesterday, QKDLY can move a technique and create a weakness that is attackable. When ZWJ say his grandfather fighting with Wudang 1, he thought they were holding back because he saw so many weaknesses, but in reality, the two weren't holding back. JY then says from 3rd view that there actually weren't weaknesses, it's just that QKDLY CAN MAKE THOSE WEAKNESSES. So I can imagine Yang Lady's external kung fu getting messed up.
    ZWJ's speed was mainly because he was accelerated by the bag. Or else, it may take him longer to finish 9 Yang. Sort of like JY.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

ZWJ neglects diligent training and frequently uses wrong techniques against his opponents. If there are any GOOD fighters outhere in HSDS that do have weaknesses, ZWJ will be unaware of it. That's why he's a terrible fighter.

HSDS Chapter 20

Although both Yin Tianzheng and Song Yuanqiao are fighting a distance between each other, there wasn’t a moment when they were actually pulling their punches. After learning Qiankun Danuoyi Xinfa, his development in martial arts is now a notch above them. But to say that both Song and Yin’s had considerable weaknesses, that’s also not the case. Zhang Wuji didn’t know that the reason he was thinking in this way, was because he had 9 Yang Shengong stored in his body. The methods he had imagined can be applicable to beat the 2 opponents, but they’re certainly not more exquisite or more refined than what Yin and Song can produce. An ordinary person would be incapable of performing what he assumed.
    Last edited by Hanky Panky; 10-16-05 at 09:35 PM.

I'm not sure who would win. In terms of techniques Miss Yang may have the edge, but in terms of energy cultivation ZWJ may be a step higher. But ZWJ has never been a serious fighter, he doesn't really train his skills, whereas the practitioners of the gumu sect probably does. But then again, each generation is different.

About ZWJ's QKDNY, it is the Ming Cults most esteemed skill. The creator of the Nine yin Manual dedicated his life to make the Nine Yin Manual as the counter to the ming cult martial art, so naturally the Nine Yin Manual may have elements which can bypass the first few stages of QKDNY. That being said, the Nine Yin Manual that Miss Yang learnt only pertains to skills which counteracts Gumu sects's jade maiden swordplay and also ZWJ's usage of the QKDNY is greater than all of his predecessors, maybe except for the founder.

In most cases, I think they're about evenly match. In the long run, ZWJ might win though.
    Taiji fists/sword plus persian martial arts can probably compete with jade maiden and quanzhen swordplay
    QKDNY and nine yang manual against nine yin manual

Quote Originally Posted by immakiku View Post
    The only advantage ZWJ had would be QKDNY.
    ONLY??? That's a pretty freakin huge advantage.

ZWJ being ZWJ, he sees a beautiful Lady Yang his legs will become weak and starts to admire her beauty, Lady Yang will make use of this perfect opportunity to send a devastating strike to ZWJ's head and kill him

I think one-on-one, Zhang Wuji would beat Ms. Yang fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    I think one-on-one, Zhang Wuji would beat Ms. Yang fairly quickly.
    Probably not...Lady Yang was able to separate ZWJ and the three great shaolin monks when they were competing inner strength, from here you can see that her inner strength supersedes the four of them. Furthermore, I am sure that she would have learned the Technique of Ambidexterity (created by ZBT) and Finger Flicking Skill. Combined with her Nine Yin Manual skills, i doubt anyone in the wulin can every beat her.

Quote Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post
    Probably not...Lady Yang was able to separate ZWJ and the three great shaolin monks when they were competing inner strength, from here you can see that her inner strength supersedes the four of them. Furthermore, I am sure that she would have learned the Technique of Ambidexterity (created by ZBT) and Finger Flicking Skill. Combined with her Nine Yin Manual skills, i doubt anyone in the wulin can every beat her.
    But much of what you are saying is pure speculation and not necessarily any facts. For e.g. There is nothing to suggest that she had learned Zhou Botong's technique of ambidexterity. That is just speculation. There is nothing to suggest she had learned Huang Yaoshi's signature skill Tan Zhi Sheng Gong (Divine Finger Flicking Skill). That is also speculation, at best.

Based on what we know as facts, that is Zhang Wuji had mastered both Jiuyang Zhenjing and also Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi and also knew Tai chi quan. While Lady Yang had a strong hold on Jiuyin Zhenjing.

Zhang Wuji would easily take her down.

Unless Lady Yang does anything to hurt Wudang or his foster father the fight would never happen. ZWJ will be enticed by Lady Yang's beauty and starts to woo her. ZWJ is a xia, hence he would never fight a woman unless necessary.

Probably not...Lady Yang was able to separate ZWJ and the three great shaolin monks when they were competing inner strength, from here you can see that her inner strength supersedes the four of them.
    They separated themselves, she had nothing to do with it.

Besides, Guo Jing knew L/R technique along with elite skills, but he isn't really portrayed to be much more dominating than other Greats. Seems like except in rare cases, one elite skill is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    They separated themselves, she had nothing to do with it.

Besides, Guo Jing knew L/R technique along with elite skills, but he isn't really portrayed to be much more dominating than other Greats. Seems like except in rare cases, one elite skill is all you need.
    That is a great point. Guo Jing certainly knew the L/R technique of ambidexterity. But all greats were always considered on par. Guo Jing was never considered better than any of the greats.

Such a separation as you're suggesting would cause severe (likely life threatening) internal injuries to all parties involved. In the book, both sides withdrew bit by bit until it was safe for them to disengage. Which is why, I think, Yideng and JLGS were unwilling to lock internal power when they fought. Because in a situation where both side have roughly equal internal power and neither are willing to back down, either one side wins or both sides lose. Which I believe is what happened with the final internal fight between Hong Qi and Ouyang Feng: they both died from their internal injuries because they had equal internal and neither was willing to give in.
    Last edited by Dirt; 05-28-15 at 11:15 AM.

^ I think that Hong Qi gong and Ouyang Feng just plain exhausted their internal power.

Judging from Wuji "clumsy" fight perfomance throughout HSDS I believe Lady Yang (perhaps) could "beat" Wuji same like Jinlun vs XLN at Chongyang Palace : better technique/skill (and speed) "overcome" superior power..

There's no way to fully evaluate the extent of Lady Yeung's abilities because she appeared so briefly. All we know for certain is that she was good enough to defeat Chow Chi Yerk, but many other people in HSDS could accomplish that as well.

When she 1st appearance at Gaibang meeting she look "confident" she could beat CK (and revenge for Shi Pangchu) which I think no one except Du Monk level fighter could defeat CK "easily" so she is at least at Du Monk level but since she also have "super sonic speed"/great lightness skill I would placed her a bit better than Du Monk..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    When she 1st appearance at Gaibang meeting she look "confident" she could beat CK (and revenge for Shi Pangchu) which I think no one except Du Monk level fighter could defeat CK "easily" so she is at least at Du Monk level but since she also have "super sonic speed"/great lightness skill I would placed her a bit better than Du Monk..
    Her actual level is somewhere around that of the stronger Mo Dong Heroes. Sing Kwun or a Do-generation elder would eat her alive.

Well I say about Lady Yang not ZZR which Lady Yang seems very confident she could beat Cheng Kun (when she 1st appearance at Gaibang meeting) and We know only people at Du Monk and Z3F/Wuji could take down CK "easily" in the other hand YX/FY was a bit stronger than 2nd Hero yet FY admit he couldn't beat CK while Lady Yang could so Lady Yang > CK > L/R Envoy > 2nd Hero..