Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zhang Wuji vs. Miss Yang

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well I say about Lady Yang not ZZR which Lady Yang seems very confident she could beat Cheng Kun (when she 1st appearance at Gaibang meeting) and We know only people at Du Monk and Z3F/Wuji could take down CK "easily" in the other hand YX/FY was a bit stronger than 2nd Hero yet FY admit he couldn't beat CK while Lady Yang could so Lady Yang > CK > L/R Envoy > 2nd Hero..
    Lady Yeung? We just don't know. Presumably, she's pretty good, but we have very little data on her.

Nach that's why I use some "clue" to gauge her level perhaps not 💯% accurate but at least We know how good her..
    - she look she could beat CK
    - her lightness skill "better" than Bat King
    - she could easily beat ZZR
    Judging from these "feat" she is at least at Du Monk level and since Wuji alwayz being trouble against advance/weird technique (plus boost with her demonic speed) I think Lady Yang might be could "beat" Wuji same like XLN vs Jinlun at Chongyang Palace

Nach that's why I use some "clue" to gauge her level perhaps not 💯% accurate but at least We know how good her..
    Judging from these "feat" she is at least at Du Monk level and since Wuji alwayz being trouble against advance/weird technique (plus boost with her demonic speed) I think Lady Yang might be could "beat" Wuji same like XLN vs Jinlun at Chongyang Palace
    Cheung Mo Gei is actually pretty good against weird techniques. His tripping point is his own lack of desire to win fights sometimes, especially if his opponent is an attractive young woman.

He might be could doing better against ZZR evil 9 Yin Claw but I doubt he could "deal" with advance skill/technique from people at Lady Yang/Du Monk level which much stronger than ZZR..

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Cheung Mo Gei is actually pretty good against weird techniques. His tripping point is his own lack of desire to win fights sometimes, especially if his opponent is an attractive young woman.
    Right, the only way ZWJ could lose this fight is if he freezes when he sees Lady Yang's pretty face up close. There's nothing weird about Lady Yang's technique anyway. Jin Yong said that contrary to ZZR's viciousness, Lady Yang's moves are very orthodox-like (光明正大)even though they're using the same skill.

It's indeed hard to judge Lady Yang's level because there's hardly any data. Just based on pure speculation, I think she should be on par with the worst Du monk. One-on-one, she also should beat any other fighter in Wulin beside ZSF, ZWJ and the Du monks. Her lack of fighting experience is a knock against her.

Every skills from L/ROCH era seems "weird" in HSDS even Z3F the best of HSDS never seen 9 Yin White Bone Claw Dog Beating Stick or Gumu Pai martial art/skill that's why at HSDS people like YTZ FY or YX and 2nd Wudang Hero have no idea how to "deal" with ZZR evil 9 Yin Claw and since Lady Yang skill much much better than ZZR I doubt even Wuji could "handle" her in terms of "technique"..

Well I say about Lady Yang not ZZR which Lady Yang seems very confident she could beat Cheng Kun (when she 1st appearance at Gaibang meeting) .
    did lady yang ever meet cheng kun? how could she be so sure to beat chengkun?

She come to Gaibang meeting with her servant and Shi Huolong daughter mainly for seek "revenge" for Shi Huolong which killed by CK and We know except Z3F/Wuji and Du Monk no one could beat CK at that time so judging from her intention/confident to "kill" CK she must at least at Du Monk level..

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    did lady yang ever meet cheng kun? how could she be so sure to beat chengkun?
    Cekibrottt..
    😶😶😶😶
    Chen Youliang turned toward that beautiful lady in yellow; he cupped his fists and said, “Your presence has honored our Clan. I wonder what instructions do you have for us? May we have the honor of learning your precious surname and your great given name?” To the ugly young girl he asked, “Young Miss, where did you get this bamboo stick?”

In a cold voice the beautiful lady in yellow said, “Where is Hun Yuan Pi Li Shou [Lightning Hand of the Originating Formation] Cheng Kun? Tell him to come out and see me.”

Cekibrottt..
    😶😶😶😶
    Chen Youliang turned toward that beautiful lady in yellow; he cupped his fists and said, “Your presence has honored our Clan. I wonder what instructions do you have for us? May we have the honor of learning your precious surname and your great given name?” To the ugly young girl he asked, “Young Miss, where did you get this bamboo stick?”

In a cold voice the beautiful lady in yellow said, “Where is Hun Yuan Pi Li Shou [Lightning Hand of the Originating Formation] Cheng Kun? Tell him to come out and see me.”
    She's brave and unflappable; doesn't mean she'd defeat him in a martial arts fight. Little Dragon Girl wasn't ever afraid of Golden Wheel Monk either, but she's not beating him in a martial arts fight one-on-one.

The Shi couple looking for Lady Yang for "help" and "revenge" they wouldn't seeks her even "hand over" their daughter to her if they not sure she could "help" (i.e beat CK)..
    Just a simple logic

She come to Gaibang meeting with her servant and Shi Huolong daughter mainly for seek "revenge" for Shi Huolong which killed by CK and We know except Z3F/Wuji and Du Monk no one could beat CK at that time so judging from her intention/confident to "kill" CK she must at least at Du Monk level..
    dont think that's evidence is enough,
    it's just over confidence or fail to predict opponent's power
    no difference with Qin family who come to Murong Fu in lake tai , didnt mean that they can beat Murong Fu, the reality was that they even kicked out by Bao Butong
    or
    Duo grandfather Ding (or trio Ding in 1st edition) in Ode to Gallantry who came to snow mountain to challenge Bai Zizai, and the result was... they had beaten to pulp by Bai Zizai

That said, it's not difficult to imagine Lady Yeung being at least as powerful (and likely more so) than Sing Kwun. However, with the little information we have, it's impossible to really come to any definitive conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    dont think that's evidence is enough,
    it's just over confidence or fail to predict opponent's power
    no difference with Qin family who come to Murong Fu in lake tai , didnt mean that they can beat Murong Fu, the reality was that they even kicked out by Bao Butong
    or
    Duo grandfather Ding (or trio Ding in 1st edition) in Ode to Gallantry who came to snow mountain to challenge Bai Zizai, and the result was... they had beaten to pulp by Bai Zizai
    Well that's mean Shi Huolong die in "vein" since the people that he think could beat CK and save/revege his family was "useless"..

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    That said, it's not difficult to imagine Lady Yeung being at least as powerful (and likely more so) than Sing Kwun. However, with the little information we have, it's impossible to really come to any definitive conclusion.
    I think in terms of martial art skill/ability she is only behind Z3F/Wuji..

Every skills from L/ROCH era seems "weird" in HSDS even Z3F the best of HSDS never seen 9 Yin White Bone Claw Dog Beating Stick or Gumu Pai martial art/skill that's why at HSDS people like YTZ FY or YX and 2nd Wudang Hero have no idea how to "deal" with ZZR evil 9 Yin Claw and since Lady Yang skill much much better than ZZR I doubt even Wuji could "handle" her in terms of "technique"..
    Nope, Yu Lianzhou figured out Zhiruo's technique at the end. If Wuji hadn't intervened at that point the two would have killed each other.

The lady in yellow being (clearly) so familiar with Zhiruo's technique gives her a huge advantage. Zhiruo was always going to get owned by her. Unfortunately she (Ms Yang) never "exchanged hands" with anyone else.

lightness skill "better" than Bat King ??? WTF is that stated in the text???

Regarding vs. Wuji - if she's a good bit older than she looks (eg. a bit like the Gu Long character Stone Guanyin), enough to have cultivated enough Jiuyin inner power to match Wuji's, and if she has mastered the best Jiuyin external skills - that should be enough to make her competitive with Wuji. Anything less, and she'll be in real difficulty, assuming Wuji is fully motivated to win (ie. to save his godfather).

Quote Originally Posted by Patudo View Post
    Nope, Yu Lianzhou figured out Zhiruo's technique at the end. If Wuji hadn't intervened at that point the two would have killed each other.

The lady in yellow being (clearly) so familiar with Zhiruo's technique gives her a huge advantage. Zhiruo was always going to get owned by her. Unfortunately she (Ms Yang) never "exchanged hands" with anyone else.

lightness skill "better" than Bat King ??? WTF is that stated in the text???

Regarding vs. Wuji - if she's a good bit older than she looks (eg. a bit like the Gu Long character Stone Guanyin), enough to have cultivated enough Jiuyin inner power to match Wuji's, and if she has mastered the best Jiuyin external skills - that should be enough to make her competitive with Wuji. Anything less, and she'll be in real difficulty, assuming Wuji is fully motivated to win (ie. to save his godfather).
    If Yu read HSDS carefully Lady Yang lightness skill might be "better" than Bat King..

Judging Wuji fighting ability during HSDS it's not "surprise" at all if he could be beaten by someone at Du Monk level fighter which combine with "supersonic" speed like Lady Yang..

I think more likely than not Lady Yang was at the very least on ZWJ's level. Of course there's nothing to prove for or against it seeing as she barely had any screen time.

I think from a narrative perspective, a couple things add up to my "guess".

- A few speed feats similar to Great speed feats from ROCH. (won't dig up, but that was my impression from back then)
    - Assumed mastery of 9YIN (narratively, it would seem weird to have an unmastered 9yin Lady Yang vs the EVIL ZXR incomplete 9yin lol)
    - 9YIN --> Great
    - Short dialogue between Lady Yang and ZWJ, most in the novel seemed to be fairly impressed with ZWJ, Lady Yang seemed nonchalant about it.
    - Magic connection to YG

I could be misremembering things and she's definitely hard to place but it seems more strange to me to place someone with complete (assumption) mastery of 9YIN lower than ZWJ.

Remember 9 YIN = 9 YANG.

Well XLN also know 9 Yin as well as Jade Maiden Manual/Swordplay L/R hand skill and QZ skill but still even in the end of ROCH she is slighty behind Greats in terms of overall kungfu/martial art so since We don't know much about Lady Yang "real" kungfu it's very logicall IMHO if We place her around end ROCH XLN which a bit below Greats/Z3F/Wuji..