Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zhang Wuji vs. Miss Yang

Default Zhang Wuji vs. Miss Yang

At the end of HSDS, Miss Yang, heir of 9 Yin, came to Shaolin to help ZWJ against ZZR's attack. She obviously had the complete version of 9 Yin and had trained it for years. How does her kungfu compare with ZWJ's?

9 Yin vs. 9 Yang: this should be an even matchup, but ZWJ didn't have 9 Yang for as long as Ms. Yang had 9 Yin. He also didn't have a master to guide him in 9 Yang training as Ms. Yang almost certainly had for her 9 Yin. The only advantage ZWJ had would be QKDNY.

So how do they match up against each other if they would match up?

On internal energy, Ms. Yang should be no match for ZWJ. I rate 9 Yin's and 9 Yang's ennergy as equals. But inorder to have ZWJ's energy, it would normally take a long time. JueYuen didn't learn it just like that. ZWJ sped up with the bag, so his energy was like equivalent to GJ in his 50s. Since Ms. Yang is quite young, her energy cannot be compare with ZWK. Also, can we say that she certainly know all of 9 Yin? YG never in ROCH. Although it is possible that she knew all, it is also possible that she only knew a small portion like YG and XLN.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

What I see is this: ZWJ would lose to ZZR with a slight mistake whereas Miss Yang beat ZZR pretty easily.

ZWJ wouldn't lose to ZZR if he fought for reals. ZZR was no better than individual 7 heroes of Wudang.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Na ive only read mehs translation plust two or three small excerpts from HSDS so i may be wrong but from some people on this thread i got the impression that she is not very powerful: a poser with strange tech(9YWBC) that gave her the impression of invincibility? One part that i did read WG was commenting on her having a good inner power base though but if i remeber correctly he was able to overcome the small yin energy in her body to heal her (im not sure how long she had learned 9yin at the time though).
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 05-24-04 at 10:41 PM.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

ZZR probably don't have much time learning 9 Yin when ZWJ was healing her. Since she just obtained the swrod and sabre that time. So very less I guess. Man, it sucks JY never compared 9 Yin and 9 Yang's cultivation in HSDS.

ok if u wanna compare this sjit then u use gj 9yin vs zwj 9 yang it will be more fair becos they internal enrgy shopuld be around the same

I thought the only copy of the 9 Yum was the one stashed in the Heaven Sword. How did Lady Yang get hold of the 9 Yum?

Originally posted by superboy
    On internal energy, Ms. Yang should be no match for ZWJ. I rate 9 Yin's and 9 Yang's ennergy as equals. But inorder to have ZWJ's energy, it would normally take a long time. JueYuen didn't learn it just like that. ZWJ sped up with the bag, so his energy was like equivalent to GJ in his 50s. Since Ms. Yang is quite young, her energy cannot be compare with ZWK. Also, can we say that she certainly know all of 9 Yin? YG never in ROCH. Although it is possible that she knew all, it is also possible that she only knew a small portion like YG and XLN.
    we dont really know how old lady yang was. She might inherit XLN's traits which looks young forever .
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Originally posted by - L1n -
    ok if u wanna compare this sjit then u use gj 9yin vs zwj 9 yang it will be more fair becos they internal enrgy shopuld be around the same

that jyin is hr's version which completely degraded the power of 9yin and the actual one but zzr used the quick one i think, but how lady yang got it is a mystery either yg's part or somehow yg fouind out more about it through gj and hr but it's a mstery.

Don't forget that there is a copy of 9 Yin in the Ancient Tomb. Lady Yang's internal energy can be pretty high if she normally sleeps on the iced bed in the Ancient Tomb and drinks honey like the way XLN normally treats herself (and this is the way XLN did when she was sick under the cliff). Even if 9yin in the Tomb is not so complete, Lady Yang might have other kongfus such as L/R Technique to make her win ZWJ in the battle.

Originally posted by - L1n -
    No. I wanted to compare this not for 9Yin vs. 9Yang. That discussion will never end. Because ZWJ was the undisputed strongest fighter of his time, Ms. Yang was interesting for her high kungfu.

Anyway she probably had many more techniques but then again ZWJ would be able to steal them with QKDNY.

Originally posted by Thai guy
    Don't forget that there is a copy of 9 Yin in the Ancient Tomb. Lady Yang's internal energy can be pretty high if she normally sleeps on the iced bed in the Ancient Tomb and drinks honey like the way XLN normally treats herself (and this is the way XLN did when she was sick under the cliff). Even if 9yin in the Tomb is not so complete, Lady Yang might have other kongfus such as L/R Technique to make her win ZWJ in the battle.
    But remembe\r that not all can learn the L/R technique. U need to be simple minded.

If Lady Yang lives in the tomb for all her life, it is likely that her characteristic or mind would like XLN, that is, simple since nothing can detract her so it should not be difficult for her to learn L/R technique.

We see that she can distinguish right from wrong and did not thik people are all impeccable, so she may not have been in the tomb all her life and became clueless like XLN.
    Last edited by superboy; 05-25-04 at 09:14 PM.

there's no way that lady yang grew up in the cave, if she was in any way related to YG...remember, GX searched everywhere in the central plains (inCLUDING the ancient tomb) and she still found no clues. if lady yang was growing up there, im sure GX would know.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Originally posted by sixdays
    there's no way that lady yang grew up in the cave, if she was in any way related to YG...remember, GX searched everywhere in the central plains (inCLUDING the ancient tomb) and she still found no clues. if lady yang was growing up there, im sure GX would know.
    No one ever said Lady Yang is the daughter of YG and XLN. A grand daughter or great grandaugter os very possible.

quite possible...but not likely. it's my personal opinion that lady yang had nothing to do with YG at all...just that JY described her in such a way to make us all nostalgic about YG and XLN.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Surnames are the same.

I agree with sixdays. Lady Yang was not necessarily YG's descendant. Possible, but not a certainty. We simply do not have enough information to prove either way.

As for the copy of 9 Yin in the Ancient Tomb, I thought we already had this discussion a few times in the past that it was not a complete copy at all?