Thread: Survey Du Gu Qiu Bai Legacy

Default Survey Du Gu Qiu Bai Legacy

The great master DGQB legacy was inherited by 3 person and 1 beast
    i)Divine Condor
    ii)Yang Guo
    iii)Fong Qing Yang
    iv)Ling Hu Chong

I have severel question.

1st. Among the four, which one is the one who really came close to understand the Sword of DGQB?

2nd. Where did FQY learn DG9J?

3rd. Speculation. If FQY vs. YG, who will win. 2 rounds.Comparing technique and chi. And 2nd round is just fight with pure technique, without using any chi.

4th. base on your oppinion, rank those 4 from 1st(The strongest) and 4th(The lowest). Include with Divine Condor in the ranking(afterall the beast also learned some from DGQB).(pls state why u rate it that way)

5th. If FQY really that strong, why din he fite wit the Demon Cult 10 Elders? Instead, they were trapped by Hua Shan and etc.

6th. Do you think DG9J is abit flawed? Since it doesnt have any defence stance at all(Well, I know that no one had force DGQB into defence stance, but that doesnt mean there won't be people have greater skills)

Thank You for participating

1. YG
    2. JY said he knows it
    3. YG
    4. YG, Condor, FQY, LHC
    5. JY said so
    6. It will lose against the Divine Condor's no stance
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Default Re: Survey Du Gu Qiu Bai Legacy

1. I think FQY, basically other than practice method, YG didnt pick up anything.
    2. biggest mystery of XAJH
    3. with internal energy, FQY would get beaten easily. Without internal energy, FQY has the advantages.
    4. YG, FQY, LingHu Chong, and brother Condor.
    5. He was away somewhere when that tragedy was happened I guess.
    6. basically if someone fully master it , it can counter anything including projectile and internal energy. So it is supposed to have no flaw. ( Jin Yong made it sooo incredible)
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Both YG and FQY came closest to the DGKB's way of the sword, albeit coming in different way. YG coming from practical into theory i.e. learning heavy sword and then understanding the theory; whereas FQY learned the theory and then practiced the stances. Both though learned that no stance can overcome stances, no sword can overcome swords, to rely on attack as the best form of defence, etc.

Who knows how FQY learned DG9J?
    Maybe he invented it himself, and the DGKB that he mentioned was him. And being modest and eccentric, he used the name DGKB.
    Seriously, it's a mystery.

YG vs FQY
    With internal energy, YG likely. More internal energy. Great level vs weaker SOD opponent.
    Techniques alone:- FQY likely. Post-one arm, YG while still able to use techniques like Jade Maiden Manual was more like a martial artist that emphasizes power and internal energy. His stances while profound and powerful would likely not be exquisite or fast enough to overcome DG9J as displayed by FQY. An example would be LHC's techniques defeating the four friends of Jiannan.

YG> FQY> LWC. The Condor have no place in this cause his move were set and not flexible. He would be easily defeated by FQY or LWC if they survived his first attacks.

I don't get it...there's discussions about things like this, but then you have DFBB, who was clearly at least two full levels above LHC and RWX, who some question if he/she is even as good as the Greats...

Originally posted by Han Solo

YG vs FQY
    With internal energy, YG likely. More internal energy. Great level vs weaker SOD opponent.
    Techniques alone:- FQY likely. Post-one arm, YG while still able to use techniques like Jade Maiden Manual was more like a martial artist that emphasizes power and internal energy. His stances while profound and powerful would likely not be exquisite or fast enough to overcome DG9J as displayed by FQY. An example would be LHC's techniques defeating the four friends of Jiannan.
    YG's understanding of the sword was already higher than that of FQY. His heavy sword techniques were not as complex as DG9J yet they were more advanced. Technique alone YG will still beat FQY.

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    I don't get it...there's discussions about things like this, but then you have DFBB, who was clearly at least two full levels above LHC and RWX, who some question if he/she is even as good as the Greats...
    I'm with you. Never doubted DFBB's abilities.

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    I agree that DFBB is definitely better than LWC or RWX but the general trend is that the level of inner power in SOD way below the condor trilogy to that level that a person without any effective inner power (LWC) can emerge as a top rank fighter.

Further, there's little evidence of long range attack among the fighters of these era.

Plus, there's a deep emphasis on weaponry in SOD which is opposite to those of the condor trilogy where fighters were generally strong enough that armed combat and unarmed combat were similar in terms of power.

...What is Most important in this world?Influence?Power?Knowledge?Love?isnt that very lonely?name...i dont even remember what is my name.
    i remember born weak body...,but the story is begin when some people begin to call me a child prodigy....
    i dont remember who is my shifu....but i do remember i had this countless challange from many master pugilist in jianghu
    they all keep saying i was the child prodigy,i do learn sword technique but forgotten when i begin to add my own way into my shifu's teaching
    "my first sword was so sharp,strong and fierce that none could withstand it.With it in hand.I Strive for Mastery by challenging all the heroes of northern plains in my teenage years"
    actually what am i doing is learning and exploiting their own weaknesses,i was be able to tell where is some or certain move's weakness by observing them a little.maybe this is what they call gift
    "My second sword was violet in hue and flexible in motion,I used it in my 20s.With it.I Have mistakenly wounded men of rightteousness.it turned out to be weapon of doom that caused me to feel remorseful endlessly.icast it into a deep canyon"
    i remember revising 8 stance for my basic swordplay...,after that even it still make me regreting for not be able to stop that attack...
    that event makes me keep finding my life's meaning,i keep challenging heroes of pugilist world...not before long they nicknamed me "Sword Demon"

one day...i heard this one man...he work as goverment official...
    some of master pugilist is saying that he is good event amongs the masters... and he is capable to giving me some pointer that im seeking for my sword technique...
    so in my very interest i was be able to meet him in person...
    his name is HuangShang...i dont remember any name thus i defeat in the past but him...
    this one man... with his Internal Strength that i know is deeper than any master pugilist i meet in my past journey...giving me hard taste of defeat....i was so angry,despair...but at the same time i feel excited....
    and after sparring with him its motivating me to creating the 9th stance in my sword tech for solely purpose to defeat him...i name it "Po Qi Shi"

with my experience in the past when defeat by him...i can feel that finally i could challenge him once more...so i move out from this cave and go find him...
    yet...he welcome me with courtesy...we are sparring once more...
    with hard and effort i finally showing upper hand with my new developed stance... and i was be able to defeat him...

3 years later....

he came visiting me in this cave... i was so surprise....but..happy with him visiting me
    after we chat for sometimes,he tell me the purpose that he coming visiting...
    he challenge me once more...and we fight...
    the fight doesnt last for long... its ended in a blink of eye,he is coming at me without i could even tell...and already had me cornered in an instant,this new strength of him gives me the taste im begining to forgot...the taste of despair of defeat and hopeless
    later on as he said after im defeating him and leaving...he is revising his inner strength...to more Yin...more vicious...faster...to the point where i dont even see his shadow when i was fight with him
    he said come to him when i got a way to defeat him...

"My third sword was heavy and blunt. The uttermost cunning is based on simplicity. With it, I roamed all lands under Heaven unopposed in my 30s."
    the only man can give me challenge i want is only him
    with that word he left for me i was begining to train my inner strength..... day after day my inner strength growing but still... i knew its not enough to defeat him...
    to the point where a normal sword cant even withstand my inner strength,...it keep breaking whenever i channel my inner energy to my sword...and later i was using blunt sword...its sturdier but heavier and i seem dont get any problem lifting this big sword and swinging it around

10 years later...
    "After the age of 40, I was no longer hampered by any weapon. Grass, trees, bamboos and rocks can all be my swords. Since then, I have developed my skills further, such that gradually I can win battles without reaching for weapons."
    finally i got my confidence to challenge him once more....to find that he is already dead... i was shocked... i roaming under heaven to find someone that can fight me on equal term...even giving me a defeat
    every master pugilist i came across is like childplay to me... its really lonely...i still doesnt get why are so many people striving to become thian xia wu di...in the end i cant find who can understand me...except him
    ...i keep challenging master pugilist... and they all are defeated and asked for my name or my shifu's name....thus already been forgotten...i silent for a while and replying..."Dugu"(single and lonely)....Qiubai(to seek defeat) and leaving....

in my last day in this world...im living isolated in this very cave...with a baby born condor i saved....
    i left my life story here... for those whoever find it...to know that there is a concequences of being undefeatable....
    hence i will left this book containing 9 of my sword stance here with this journal if they are choose to bear those concequences

for fun only haha feel free to rage
    its because of so many ppl wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    I think DFBB should be in the same level as the Greats but he/she is definitely below Dugu Qiubai. Dugu Qiubai is supposedly #1 of Jing Yong universe.