Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3 brothers vs. 3 brothers

Question 3 brothers vs. 3 brothers

Wong Chongyang & Zhou Bo Tong & Guo Jing

VS

Xiao Feng & Xu Zhu & Duan Yu

Who takes it?

Tough choice - you picked three of the strongest from each storyline. XF had XL18Z, which WCY more or less defeated at HuaShan. Although the last three palms were altered when WCY fought against it, they were definitely still superb palm techniques. On techniques alone, it seems that WCY's would be better. XF, however, had this tendency to outfight people and win. These two would be at worst a draw and at best a win for XF.

ZBT vs. XZ: On internal energy, XZ was definitely better. On techniques, XZ had more and better. ZBT was, however, IMO a better fighter. If they both had the same set of techniques with the same internal energy, ZBT would probably win. Since that's not the case, I think XZ has this one.

GJ vs. DY: GJ wins. GJ has more energy and better techniques.

DGSD heroes win.

Is it a one on one competition for each person, or is the purpose trying to slauglter each others?
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

if we use HR's theory of "using your 3rd best horses against the emperor's first best horses", we should pair it up like this:

the best of the 3, XF, should go up against ZBT. though ZBT is incredible, and probably the greatest of the Greats, there's no way he's better than GJ in terms of power, or better than WCY in terms of strategy. he is the weakest in my opinion, so i will let him be conquered by XF.

next comes XZ --- incredibly blessed with awesome martial arts techniques, but not very bright. if the big dipper formation can hold GJ, i believe that WCY could come up with another sort of strategic fighting style to take advantage of XZ's weaknesses and win. a tough fight, but WCY's the best bet here as XZ's palms are quite possibly better than HL18Z, and his internal energy is definitely better than GJ.

last is DY, master of the "drive-by shooting" style of fighting --- whiz by with your LBWG and shoot with 6MSJ. i'm sure GJ isn't as quick as DY, but he DOES have the big dipper formation --- and as we saw in the mongolian camp, he has the ability to create the big dipper on his own. this will limit DY's range of movement, and make him more predictable to fight against, thus taking away the advantage of his speed.

next, GJ should move in close. HL18Z is good for close range combat, but 6MSJ isn't --- if GJ got close enough to grab DY's arms and change the angle of the beam, a good solid "the dragon overcomes regrets" to DY's torso should have him coughing up blood.

overall, i give it to the condor heroes...although i would have rather had YG than ZBT, but i understand since he's not part of the whole QZ thing.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

a sidenote to everything i just said:

if it was a melee battle where all of them were just seeking to kill one another, DGSD heroes would win for sure. the combo of XF and XZ for close quarters fighting while DY evades and attacks long-range is pretty much unbeatable.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

DGSD Brothers will win.

You can throw in Yang Guo, and the original 4 greats to the GJ-ZBT-WYC line up, I still think XF-ZX-DY will have slight margin of victory.

I tend to agree with sixdays' analysis.
    I think if we throw in YG to replace ZBT, it will be better for the Condor trilogy heroes. When ZBT fights, he fights for fun. When YG fights, he fights to win. This is a better attitude when facing someone as powerful as XF. It will be a close call. Even if XF wins this round, his two brothers will not be able to cope up with WCY and GJ. Pretty much as described by sixdays.

As for group melee, this is arguably more to the advantage of the Condor heroes. WCY, ZBT & GJ will perform the Big Dipper formation and surround XF, XZ & DY. Big Dipper, performed by average class fighter of QZ is already a dangerous formation. Imagine how deadly it will become if performed by best of the best. As powerful as TLBB heroes are, they will be taken down one by one.
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

First assume that DY is not the inept DY that most are willing to think he is. AND 6MSJ is not just a long distance attacking skill which is weak in close quarters. On the contrary its just as lethal if not more in close combat.

Second what type of fight are we talking about? 1 on 1 or a straight up brawl?

If its a brawl then this discussion can just be stopped cos theres no way any combination from condor trilogy can beat XF, XZ and DY be it 3, 4 or 5 guys against them.

If its 1 on 1 AND you get to "choose" your opponent AND get a couple of months to come up with some kind of strategy (or formation ) to beat your opponent then we can have all types of permutations and possibilities and this will never end.

So we have to stick to pairing them in order of the strongest to the weakest which is XF vs WCY, XZ vs GJ and DY vs ZBT.
    In which case, XF takes it, XZ takes it as well and DY loses (or not).

2 - 1 or 3 - 0 to the DGSD brothers.

I take DGSD all the way.

XZ :

Would you guys rate JMZ as substantially weaker then WCY and GJ or ZBT? Unless you do, and I think JMZ is at least as good as them (e.g. long distance palm shots that can slice metal like a precious sword, voice transmission at least as impressive as YiDeng), the Condor Heroes are going to have a hard time injuring him even if they can hit him. And if XZ lands a palm or death talisman on them......

DY :

No reason to think that 6MSJ is weak in close combat. And his reflexes and control at the end of the novel were impressive, not the bumbling fool we see for most of the book.

XF :

Oh c'mon! You guys know the drill. All has been said.

I think just the vast inner power of Hui Juk alone throws this fight greatly in the DGSD trio's favor. Add in Kiu Fung and Deun Yu and the odds really don't look good for the L/ROCH trio.

DGSD's trio could knock out the other trio easily. perhaps they dont have to sweat at all :P
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Originally posted by ToOn99
    DGSD's trio could knock out the other trio easily. perhaps they dont have to sweat at all :P
    yeah right.

Didn't someone post a comparison of this kind of fighting to fighting in a video game? The key to winning in a fighting game is strategy, not force or power. Otherwise no one will ever defeat the final boss. Likewise even if we have someone with lots of tricks up his sleeves, he can still be defeated if he is not good at using them.

just a thought.

Originally posted by sixdays

next, GJ should move in close. HL18Z is good for close range combat, but 6MSJ isn't --- if GJ got close enough to grab DY's arms and change the angle of the beam, a good solid "the dragon overcomes regrets" to DY's torso should have him coughing up blood.
    Grabbing DY probably isn't a good idea since DY has BMSG and all... I think DY has a nice mix of skills that really compliment one another. LBWB gives him the speed, 6MSJ gives him the ranged power attack and BMSG gives him an excellent defense against the up close and personal.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Originally posted by darkcser
    Grabbing DY probably isn't a good idea since DY has BMSG and all... I think DY has a nice mix of skills that really compliment one another. LBWB gives him the speed, 6MSJ gives him the ranged power attack and BMSG gives him an excellent defense against the up close and personal.
    No one in LOCH/ROCH will have sufficient lightness of kungfu to catch up with DY, or even able to touch him. And if any of them touch him, he'll suck all his power, and it will just make him stronger and stronger.

And when his 6MSJ is working properly, forget about it.

If DY pays attention to his training after the end of DGSD, then he can potentially be #1 (next to Sweeper Monk), like WYY commented.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    I think just the vast inner power of Hui Juk alone throws this fight greatly in the DGSD trio's favor. Add in Kiu Fung and Deun Yu and the odds really don't look good for the L/ROCH trio.
    Interesting. However, inner power isn't everything. Linghu Chong fought and won against people with vastly superior inner power all the time.

XF vs. WCY = I'd have to say that after a long fight, XF would win.

XZ vs. ZBT = ZBT's left/right hand technique would confuse the hell out of XZ who, while having superior inner power and more intricate techniques, would not be able to adapt quickly enough. When you come down to it, XZ has superior martial arts and inner power, but ZBT is a martial arts genius.

DY vs. GJ = Guo Jing would take it.
    Last edited by Dirt; 05-26-04 at 01:55 PM.

Originally posted by Dirt
    XF vs. WCY = I'd have to say that after a long fight, XF would win.

XZ vs. ZBT = ZBT's left/right hand technique would confuse the hell out of XZ who, while having superior inner power and more intricate techniques, would not be able to adapt quickly enough. When you come down to it, XZ has superior martial arts and inner power, but ZBT is a martial arts genius.

DY vs. GJ = Guo Jing would take it.
    Are you joking ?

Originally posted by Temujin
    Are you joking ?
    His argument seems sound. What's wrong with it? Any counterpoints?