Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DGSD Questions

The term, 'shi zhu', is pretty much reserved for your master's master. I glanced over XAJH (can you tell yet I love that book?) to double check, and in chapter nine, when describing his master, that's what Yue Buqun referred to him as; to his students, he referred to his own master as "your shi zhu", "你师祖."
    OIC...hmm I used to think that See Jo refered to the sect's creator.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Thanks for replying. But what about the second question on Li Qiushui?

Wang Yuyan's mom is the daughter of Li Qiushui's little sister, not Liu Qiushui's daughter.

According to my DGSD relationship diagram, Madam Wang should be the product of Wuyazi and Li Qiushui. But if you asked me to bet my fortune on it, I couldn't be 100% certain.
    Last edited by PJ; 11-14-05 at 07:29 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

WYY's mum is the daughter of LQS and WYZ. They only had her after they both retired from the martial arts world into the cave. Its still unstated what happened to the little sister.

Hm...that might've been first edition then.

JY certainly does seem to be changing up the Xiao Yao relations a lot, now with the whole love triangle thing w/DCQ in 3rd edition o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    FQY was LHC's "太师叔", his "Tai shi shu."

The term "师叔" "shi shu" is used when one is talking about someone in your sect who is of the same generation as your master. "叔" means uncle, just like "父" means father. Your master's martial arts brothers are, of course, your martial arts uncle. Feng Qingyang was Yue Buqun's "师叔", in that he was of the same generation as Yue Buqun's master, and from Huashan. Since he's Yue Buqun's "师叔", ie one generation above Yue Buqun in the same sect, that makes him LHC's "太师叔", his "tai shi shu."
    Of course, it doesn't help that some people use "shi shu gong" to mean the same thing - I believe Yin Zhiping and Zhao Zhijing used that term for Zhao Botong.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

FQY was LHC's "太师叔", his "Tai shi shu."

The term "师叔" "shi shu" is used when one is talking about someone in your sect who is of the same generation as your master. "叔" means uncle, just like "父" means father. Your master's martial arts brothers are, of course, your martial arts uncle. Feng Qingyang was Yue Buqun's "师叔", in that he was of the same generation as Yue Buqun's master, and from Huashan. Since he's Yue Buqun's "师叔", ie one generation above Yue Buqun in the same sect, that makes him LHC's "太师叔", his "tai shi shu."

Since we don't know FQY's relationship with YBQ's teacher (older or younger apprentice brother), he could be YBQ's shi bo/shi shu or LHC's da shi bo/da shi shu.

Example:
    In HSDS, WuJi addresses Yin Liting with 'Yin shu-shu (endearment address)/shi shu' because YLT is the 6th disciple of ZSF (WuJi's father is the 5th disciple), WuJi would address the 1st - 4th brothers with 'shi bo'.

叔 is not any paternal uncle, but younger paternal uncle, but sometimes definition 3 (genderless) is also used like in ROCH, e.g. Li Mochou is mentioned as 'shi shu' of Yang Guo (which imo is wrong, because LMC is XLN's 'shi jie' - older apprentice sister), which BeeDreamer promptly (wrongly) translates as 'martial uncle' (should be 'martial aunt')

I think YG should call LMC 'shi gu', but isn't 'shi gu' the martial arts form of 'gugu'?, we are in drear conflict again ........... /joke

NB
    We desperately need Huang(YS) -xiong to sort things out, hahahaha

叔 - shu2

Noun
    (1) An uncle younger than father.
    (2) Husband's younger brother, also 小叔,叔叔,叔子.
    (3) Familiar address of junior member of father's generation.

Adjective
    (1) Number 3 in sequence of brothers: 伯1, 仲2, 叔 or 季3.
    (2) The last, latter part: 叔世,叔季 [shu2shi4], [shu2ji4]↓.

Words
    1. 叔伯 [shu2bo2] ([shu2bo0]), n., uncles ( 伯 senior uncle; 叔 junior uncle).
    2. 叔父 [shu2fu4], n., paternal uncle who is younger than one's father.
    3. 叔公 [shu2gong1], n., granduncle; also used by mothers following children's address of uncle.
    4. 叔丈(人) [shu2zhang4] ([ren2]), n., wife's uncle.
    5. 叔季 [shu2ji4], n., the latter days (of dynasty, empire).
    6. 叔舅 [shu2jiu4], n., mother's younger brother.
    7. 叔姪 [shu2zhi2], n., uncle and nephew.
    8. 叔母 [shu2mu3], n., aunt, wife of junior uncle.
    9. 叔婆 [shu2po2], n., grandfather’s younger brother's wife.
    10. 叔嬸 [shu2shen3], n., aunt, wife of junior uncle.
    11. 叔叔 [shu2shu0], n., (vocative) uncle; husband's younger brother.
    12. 叔世 [shu2shi4], n., (AC) see [shu2ji4]↑.
    13. 叔子 [shu2zi0], n., husband's younger brother (also called 小叔子).
    14. 叔祖 [shu2zu3], n., granduncle.
    15. 叔翁 [shu2weng1], n., (vocative) granduncle.

-
    Last edited by Du Gu seeking a win; 11-16-05 at 01:06 PM.

Hm...that might've been first edition then.

No, no such a thing is mentioned in the 1st edition.

Hm....that might've just been me then.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Du Gu seeking a win
    4. 叔丈(人) [shu2zhang4] ([ren2]), n., wife's uncle.
    Never heard of this term. I imagine that 叔 is adequate.

6. 叔舅 [shu2jiu4], n., mother's younger brother.
    This should just be 舅父

8. 叔母 [shu2mu3], n., aunt, wife of junior uncle.
    I think this is just 嬸 or maybe 嬸母

10. 叔嬸 [shu2shen3], n., aunt, wife of junior uncle.
    I think this is just 嬸 or maybe 嬸母

Quote Originally Posted by CFT

Well, i've posted it from the Lin Yutang disctionary:

http://humanum.arts.cuhk.edu.hk/cgi-...ry=wholerecord

Du Gu, gotcha. But I still think it is a load of crap. I don't know anyone who uses those terms that I queried.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT
    Du Gu, gotcha. But I still think it is a load of crap. I don't know anyone who uses those terms that I queried.

The problem is that the LYT dictionary also covers words/phrases of about 50-100 years ago, that means it encompasses also phrases not used anymore today.

Bump.

I can't believe no one answered these two years ago.

Wondering what the response of other ppl are to these.

Han SOlo
    p/s:i'm bored

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    1) What is the exact properties of Xiao Wu Xiang Gong- is it an internal energy or does it also include ability for projectile attacks?

2) Does LQS knows both BMSG and XWXG? If not, how does the statue have BMSG?

3) Observation: How good are TSTL? If she is so good, why does she restrict her dominance to only the 32 caves and 72 islands masters, and not Shaolin etc?

4) What is the minimum level needed to learn the martial arts at the Lin Chao palace? Even MRF cannot learned it when he was at XiXia.

5) [Candide has answered this before, but i'm curious to other ppl's explanation}

One of XZ's great power gain was when he received accidently the combined inner power of both TSTL and LQS.

How could this happen?

Wasn't the two of them top notch fighters, who should be able to control their internal energy and avoid losing all their energy at once?

Also why wouldn't XZ's Bei Ming Zhen Qi act as a resistive force to this sudden surge in internal energy, thus limiting the potential damage to XZ?

Finally, why didn't XZ suffered from this massive internal energy addition - over 140 years worth i.e. like DY when he first learned BMSG?

Han Solo
    1. No mention of projectile attacks. But you could use it to blast people from a distance just like any strong inner strength. e.g. Jiu Mo Zhi used XWXG to emulate the Flower Massaging Finger's long distance flick.

2. The scroll might have been left in the cave earlier by WYZ before he went off. He did live there for a lot of years.

3. My logic : She was always on the lookout for LQS. If she went round trying to dominate wulin, might invite more trouble if LQS sneaks an attack on her when she is not secluded in Ling Jiu Gong. Besides, she wanted to concentrate on refining her skills. Besides, if you want to dominate wulin, its not too good when your suddenly revert to the 8 year old child state with no inner energy.

4. Likely to be at least Xuan generation monk level. TSTL hinted that her maids could learn it at age 40. So thats a rough gauge.

5. He was caught in between. If it was one sided shoving they would not have merged. But he was getting pushed by both sides. It was also specifically stated that the 3 energies were from similar Xiao Yao bases, so they could merge. He was suffering quite badly and thought he was going to die for those few minutes before the energies merged though. For all the far-fetched plot devices in JY stories, these one isn't that near the top of the bullshit list.

Thanks CC, your answers to my question from 2 years ago pretty much correlates with what i thought the answers would be.

Han Solo

Default A few DGSD questions

I just finished reading DGSD again and I have a few questions....

1. How did JMZ learn Xiao Wu Shuan Gong, he's not even in Xiao Yao Sect
    2. Is Xu Zhu's wife beautiful or ugly?? If she's beautiful, is she prettier than WYY?
    3. Who did DY marry at the end?? Since he's not DZC's son anymore
    4. Is Duan Ying Ching stronger than MRF?? Since MRF does not want to fight him...If Duan Ying Ching is stronger than MRT, then the gap between MRF and XF must be VERY large

i read the old version of it...so can you answer some questions of the old version??

PS: New versions are trash...
    在下日月神教陸教主是也

PS: New versions are trash...
    it's usually not a good idea to seek answers AND at the same time offend many of the potential readers who may have the answers you're looking for. Just my 2 cents.

Now, answering from the 2nd edition...

<< 1. How did JMZ learn Xiao Wu Shuan Gong, he's not even in Xiao Yao Sect >>

Unknown. The novel did explain, however, that Jiumozhi SECRETLY learned Xiao Wuxiang Gong. He probably stole it or it conveniently fell into his hands somehow.

<< 3. Who did DY marry at the end?? Since he's not DZC's son anymore >>

Wang Yuyan.

<< 4. Is Duan Ying Ching stronger than MRF?? >>

Yes. Duan Yanqing =~ Murong Fu + Feng Bo'e + Bao Butong + Deng Baichuan + Gongye Gan.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

about the origins of JMZ's XWXG, go here. for edition revisions, go here

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...highlight=DGSDhttp://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...highlight=DGSD

JMZ stole the XWXG manuals from wang island, he overheard DCQ telling mdm wang he doesn't trust his disiples and left 7 out of 8 of the manuals there. he kept the first one to study unsucessfully. LQS gave him the manuals after she left to marry the king of xixia, as a parting gift after their affair so he wouldn't pursue her anymore. DCQ and mdm wang had a step-father/daughter realtionship.
    Last edited by kyss of the sword; 01-31-07 at 01:37 AM.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/