Thread: OYF vs. HQG

Default OYF vs. HQG

If the final fight between these two arch-nemeses had not happened, who would you have thought to have been more powerful by the end of ROCH?

Who was more powerful by the end of ROCH, HYS or YD?

Default Re: OYF vs. HQG

Originally posted by Dirt
    If the final fight between these two arch-nemeses had not happened, who would you have thought to have been more powerful by the end of ROCH?

In relation to the first question, I am not sure. I believe that OYF forgot some of his kongfu during ROCH.

In relation to the second question, we did not see any of them fight in ROCH. However, my vote will go to HYS. I believe that he has more practice. YD might seldom fight.

Default Re: Re: OYF vs. HQG

Originally posted by Thai guy
    In relation to the second question, we did not see any of them fight in ROCH. However, my vote will go to HYS. I believe that he has more practice. YD might seldom fight.
    YD did put up a fight against Golden Wheel Monk. HYS did fight YG and briefly encountered Golden Wheel Monk.

Yes, YD fights with GWM. What I meant is that throughout YD's life as a monk, he might not fight that much in contrast with HYS who is always roaming around wuxia world.

Sweeper Monk has probably fought ever few people in his life.

I would have thought H7G. Keep in mind that at the end of LOCH, AYF was really not that much better than H7G or WYS. It was only the TVB '82 version where AYF defeats them both at the same time. AYF won because his faux 9Y was confusing and hard to grasp in terms of style and technique. North Beggar learned parts of the real 9Y to heal from his injury and assuming he was not too busy eating and practiced the inner power methods from the end of LOCH through ROCH, he was likely to see a continued benefit. This is how I assumed H7G was better, but of course they died equal...

GWM fought both near the end of ROCH and after WYS's long distance Dan Ji Sun Tung attack caused his wheels to wobble in his hands, he commented that old East Heretic was not weaker than the monk (1D) and the mischievous old guy (ZBT). GWM is a truely great and knowledgeable martial artists and I respect him more after reading excerpts from the latest edition ROCH, but I think he omitted mentioning that WYS's DJST was transmitted through a hard object. It's much easier and effective than transmitting his energy through the air, which is what Yat Yeung Ji does. GWM mentions that he did not try to block YYJ because he felt how powerful it was so he just moved to evade it.

I think WYS has more variety in technique, but 1D has better inner power thanks to his Sin Tin Gung training from WCY. Aside from YYJ, I really don't know what he has since STG was never described in either novels. WYS is also so cunning that he would find a way to win. When GWM blocked DJST, bits of the rock hit him in the face though it was not enough to hurt him. If WYS can get 1D to block DJST and get hit by flying bits of the stone, he can capitalize on the distraction by using DJST in quick succession, like he did vs. YG, to steal a win...

what type of martial arts is XTG how is it used?is it like inner power boost or does it contain actual stances? Is there eny excerpts givin on WCY is LOCH? The only thing i got out of him on ROCH is that he was proud stubborn but that he loved his country.

OH and i heard Ken Cheng say that XF and DY are mentioned in LOCH can u tell me what is said of them? or atleast a chapter?

what type of martial arts is XTG how is it used?is it like inner power boost or does it contain actual stances? Is there eny excerpts givin on WCY is LOCH? The only thing i got out of him on ROCH is that he was proud stubborn but that he loved his country.
    I can only speculate what STG is because it was never used in combat situation. All it says in the novel was that it was the bane of AYF's Toad Stance if combined with Yat Yeung Ji. However, most people think that it is an inner power training method. Perhaps it forms some of the power base of Yat Yeung Ji, but I really don't know exactly what it is. Whatever STG is, it helped make WCY the winner of Wah San Lun Gim and the owner of 9 Yum Jun Ging. There aren't many excerpts on WCY in LOCH. CBT talks about him when he first met GJ, but there's certainly nothing about his STG.

Why didn't H7G stop fighting if he knew he would have died?

OYF was pushing energy to him, while I don't think H7G wanted to lose to OYF.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I think the problem with YD was that he was a monk didn't wnat to hurt anyone, so he probably always held back in fights. HYS probably would give his best.

If neither OYF nor NB died in the battle and they kept on battling, I think OYF would have lost because he had terrible health and I don't think he thought about the harmful effects when he uses all energy to attack, whereas NB has better control of his inner energy.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

i no xf was mentioned by north beggar but i don't recall yd mentioning dy unless i missied it.

Originally posted by - L1n -
    i no xf was mentioned by north beggar but i don't recall yd mentioning dy unless i missied it.
    DY's not worth mentioning.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

It's been a while since I read ROCH, but didn't it say that H7G's dog stick would've beaten OYF and probably killed, if he didn't give OYF a week to prepare against the dog stick?

Just on a purely personal preference, I'd say HYS was more powerful than 1D, since HYS had cooler skills that sounded cooler. Besides, monks other than THE monk always get their butt handed to them by rascally fighters like HYS.

I think YD would had spend his time refining his skills too. It was said he perfected his YYZ. Also, he might not have fought many people, but I am guessing he probably did spar with QQR for fun (initially it might be because to help QQR release extra pent up energy). Considering how close QQR was to the Greats in terms of martial art level, it might be what any Great need to bring their martial art level up that few notches; akin to having a great training partner who pushes you.

However, I would still give it to HYS. He far more intelligent than the other 3 Greats imo. His signature moves are all his own moves (I'm inclined to think he created TZST or turned a crappy skill into an elite skill) and he is able to create martial arts. This shows he has a very deep understanding, which would pay off in the long run.

His knowledge in the medicinal field is extremely beneficial as well. Over the years, he might be able to concoct some medicine for internal energy boost, ala steroids.

HYS also performed a read badass feat in ROCH. Coming out from his concealed position and shooting a TSZT to kill Huo Du was very impressive if you were to ask me. Sure, Huo Du was no Great, but he isn't a slouch either. For HYS to execute what he did clearly showed that he was still in tip top condition.