View Poll Results: Was LiangXing Good/Evil?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

20 80.00%
  • Evil

1 4.00%
  • Not Sure

4 16.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GL's JDSJ - Was LianXing Good/Evil?

Question GL's JDSJ - Was LianXing Good/Evil?

I always think that LianXing was a good person after all ; She came up with the plot* with the intention of saving Xiao Yu-er & Hua Wu Que. However 2 of my friends say she was an evil woman, she came up with the plot was to seek vengeance of JiangFeng.

*The idea of separating Hua Wu Que & Xiao Yu-er when they were born

I dun think there're much GL readers here, but i hop those who have read this novel can make a poll.
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

Default Re: GL's JDSJ - Was LianXing Good/Evil?

Originally posted by ”~‹įį
    I always think that LianXing was a good person after all ; She came up with the plot* with the intention of saving Xiao Yu-er & Hua Wu Que. However 2 of my friends say she was an evil woman, she came up with the plot was to seek vengeance of JiangFeng.

*The idea of separating Hua Wu Que & Xiao Yu-er when they were born

I dun think there're much GL readers here, but i hop those who have read this novel can make a poll.
    I thought she was a good person. The plan to separate them was just her way of preventing her sister from killing them outright. And even in the end, she tried to prevent the tragedy, at the cost of her own life.

Default Re: Re: GL's JDSJ - Was LianXing Good/Evil?

Originally posted by TigerWong
    even in the end, she tried to prevent the tragedy, at the cost of her own life.
    my friends agree with me that she was "good" at the ending part u mentioned. but they say 20 years ago when she came up with this plot, she had evil intention.

These is what my friends say : She wanna seek vengeance of JiangFeng, so she separate them(the twins), but after 20 years living with Hua Wu Que, her hatred of JiangFeng had diminished and she treated Hua Wu Que as her own son. She was definitly good after 20 years, but not 20 years ago...

i dont think there is any correct answer... i juz wanna know how do people think of her when she came up with the plot*
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

Default Re: Re: Re: GL's JDSJ - Was LianXing Good/Evil?

my friends agree with me that she was "good" at the ending part u mentioned. but they say 20 years ago when she came up with this plot, she had evil intention.

These is what my friends say : She wanna seek vengeance of JiangFeng, so she separate them(the twins), but after 20 years living with Hua Wu Que, her hatred of JiangFeng had diminished and she treated Hua Wu Que as her own son. She was definitly good after 20 years, but not 20 years ago...

i dont think there is any correct answer... i juz wanna know how do people think of her when she came up with the plot*
    I still think she was good when she came up with the plot. It seems clear that she only came up with it to save them from her sister. The hatred necessary to appreciate such a plan was not consistent with LianXing's nature. (Although obviously it was in Yao Yue...) LianXing had her heart broken and reacted like any normal person... w. sadness and hurt and anger. But that cold, murderous hatred was never in her heart. The way it was described in the novel seems to reinforce that.

I'm not sure, I never think that she really wanted vengence on JiangFeng like her sister did at least not at her sister's degree of hatred, and I think she really wanted to save the twin from her sister.

For some reason, I don't really consider her sister as evil either. To me, she just have love problem.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 05-27-04 at 06:49 PM.

I probably have forgotten a lot, but the impression I got when reading the novel long time ago is that this second Princess is the good half while the older one is the evil half.

Off course I might get the wrong impression since almost everyone is good when compared to the Icy Queen :P
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

solid can I ask u something ? what did good or evil half mean ??
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

It means, between the sisters, one is the good, one is the evil.
    There are two things a person should never be angry at, what they can help, and what they cannot.
    Plato

Originally posted by SolidSnake
    Off course I might get the wrong impression since almost everyone is good when compared to the Icy Queen :P
    who is the Icy Queen?

Originally posted by TaiHan
    who is the Icy Queen?
    should be the Yaoyue princess

Yep. I agree that Lianxing is good, and that her intentions were mostly good to begin with. Knowing her sister, Lianxing would have known that Yaoyue wouldn't agree to let the twins live on if the plan wasn't vicious enough to satisfy her sister's lust for vengence! However, I believe that she wanted some vengence as well, except that not in the same sense with Yaoyue...

Over the years, she developed feelings for Wuque, treating him like her own son. She started to regret her proposed plot years ago. She died trying to prevent the twins' deaths, isn't that proof enough that she's a good person?

Yaoyue though, got totally twisted in the head after getting ditched by Jiang Feng. Kind of sad in a way, even if she's not really a good person to start with!

Yaay to Lianxing.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

should be the Yaoyue princess
    Faye Wong?

j/k

One question...

LianXing broke her leg izzit bcos of yaoyue push her down a tree when they are still children? i have forgotten..juz to confirm..

2nd question...

Recently i have been reading "Cai Huan Qu", it mentioned "Shi Guan Ying"(Stone Goddness), is it the same Shi guan ying in Chu Liu Xiang?

Ooo.. good news to JDSJ's fans they are filming new JDSJ now, it's called "Xiao Yu-er & Hua Wuque". Directed by Wang Jin.
    Xie Ting Feng as Hu Wuque!!
    Zhang Wei Jian as Xiao Yu-er!!!!!!!!!! (he's about 40 still can act xiao yu-er, hahha)
    Fan Bingbing as Tie Xinglan( duno who is fan binbing)
    Last edited by ”~‹įį; 05-30-04 at 03:58 AM.

One question...

LianXing broke her leg izzit bcos of yaoyue push her down a tree when they are still children? i have forgotten..juz to confirm..
    I don't remember exactly either, but I think so. At least I got the impression that YaoYue felt a bit guilty when LianXing brought it up.

2nd question...

Recently i have been reading "Cai Huan Qu", it mentioned "Shi Guan Ying"(Stone Goddness), is it the same Shi guan ying in Chu Liu Xiang?
    Interesting question. I was wondering the same thing when I was reading "Cai Huan Qu". Unfortunately, I got bored with it and moved on to other books before she made her appearance. So I don't have enough information to go on. It does seem unlikely however. Because the Stone KuanYin in Chu LiuXiang was a major figure with a pretty detailed background. The Stone KuanYin in "Cai Huan Qu" would have to fit in neatly. Also, if she happens to die, then she can't be the same one. Let us know what you find out.

I don't remember exactly either, but I think so. At least I got the impression that YaoYue felt a bit guilty when LianXing brought it up.
    You guys mean Lianxing was limping in adulthood because of that???

Ooo.. good news to JDSJ's fans they are filming new JDSJ now, it's called "Xiao Yu-er & Hua Wuque". Directed by Wang Jin.
    Xie Ting Feng as Hu Wuque!!
    Zhang Wei Jian as Xiao Yu-er!!!!!!!!!! (he's about 40 still can act xiao yu-er, hahha)
    Fan Bingbing as Tie Xinglan( duno who is fan binbing)
    Nick is fine but Dick....???? That's one major miscast... >___>

I've forgotten who Fan Bingbing was but her name sure is familiar... Anyway I hope this would be a good series (or is it movie?) and closer to the novel.

Interesting question. I was wondering the same thing when I was reading "Cai Huan Qu". Unfortunately, I got bored with it and moved on to other books before she made her appearance. So I don't have enough information to go on. It does seem unlikely however. Because the Stone KuanYin in Chu LiuXiang was a major figure with a pretty detailed background. The Stone KuanYin in "Cai Huan Qu" would have to fit in neatly. Also, if she happens to die, then she can't be the same one. Let us know what you find out.
    haha i know why u quit reading it half way through... it's kinda bored... the reason i keep on reading is juz to confirm whether the Stone KuanYins are the same...i will tell u when i finish reading it, now left with half a book

one question to TigerWong... did the Bai Li Chang Qi (who is mentioned in one of the "Seven Weapons") a good or bad character? i have forgotten. cos LuXiaoFeng mentioned him...

Originally posted by Guo Xiang
    You guys mean Lianxing was limping in adulthood because of that???
    yeah... if i didnt remember wrongly her sis did push her down a tree making her limp

Originally posted by Guo Xiang
    Nick is fine but Dick....???? That's one major miscast... >___>
    haha their names do fits into the show... Nick & Dick. Zhang Wei Jian call Dick? it's a 40 eps drama
    Last edited by ”~‹įį; 05-30-04 at 11:18 AM.

Ooo.. good news to JDSJ's fans they are filming new JDSJ now, it's called "Xiao Yu-er & Hua Wuque".
    Directed by Wang Jin.
    ...[/B]
    I can safely say the show is going to suck

one question to TigerWong... did the Bai Li Chang Qi (who is mentioned in one of the "Seven Weapons") a good or bad character? i have forgotten. cos LuXiaoFeng mentioned him...
    Bai Li Chang Qi wasn't evil, but I don't recall him doing any particularly good deeds either. He was just neutral character who amassed power, but not in any cruel manner (I don't believe).

I also don't think the Bai Li Chang Qi in Seven Weapons (he was actually mentioned in 2 books of that series - The Peacock Feather and The Tyrant Spear) is the same one mentioned in LuXiaoFeng. The Seven Weapons Bai Li Chang Qi was pretty powerful.

We are right TigerWong, the Stone Kuan Ying is the same...
    In "Cai Huan Qu" the Stone Kuan Ying escaped and has been chased by powerful enemies. So i believe she escaped to the dessert which Chu Liu Xiang has found her.
    it also explain why her kungfu was so ¹īŅģ in CLX. She has mastered a manual which has not been mastered by any people in the Wulin - "Tian Wu Shen Jing" ĢģĪäÉń¾_. given this kungfu she has mastered, i believed that she belongs to top 3 martial art master.

do u still remember the guy wearing a mask in the story(Cai Huan Qu)? he's an sword expert who always wearing white in the novel. His name wasnt mentioned... but i am sure he is... Xue1 Yi1 Ren2!!! Yes.. the Xue Yi Ren in CLX.. now then i know that when he was young, he is juz like another Ximen Chuixue, juz not as 'good' in character like Ximen Chuixue, but his sword stances are same as XMCX when they are young.

Actually i think "Cai Huan Qu" has a very good potential storyline, juz that when GL wrote this, he isnt has much experience as he juz started writing novels for sometimes.. if he were to rewrite it, it could be 1 of the better novel by him.

do u still remember the guy wearing a mask in the story(Cai Huan Qu)? he's an sword expert who always wearing white in the novel. His name wasnt mentioned... but i am sure he is... Xue1 Yi1 Ren2!!! Yes.. the Xue Yi Ren in CLX.. now then i know that when he was young, he is juz like another Ximen Chuixue, juz not as 'good' in character like Ximen Chuixue, but his sword stances are same as XMCX when they are young.

Really? This is fantastic!

Any thing to prove it?