Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: baseball again

That's Greinke. My preseason pick for AL ROY.

The A's big 3 aren't considered young guys now. But yeah, at his peak Prior is better than all three OAK SP's. Harden is pretty good too if he ever finds consistency. There are lots of under 30, good, power pitches in baseball nowadays.

Karros sucks. I suspect the A's lineup is running on fumes right now. Sometimes when a star goes down, the rest of the guys get a jolt shortterm.
    This account is retired.

Well, the Big 3 had a awesome pitcher's park to pitch in as opposed to Prior.

I have to just say one thing about the A's... Marco Scutaro!

Where in the depth of hell (*coughs* Mets) did Beane find this guy? And what did he sell to Satan to get to find him?

And how on Earth are the likes of the Brewers above .500? (Or the A's actually leading the AL West?) Lyle Overbay? + Craig Counsel + Junior Spivey for Richie Sexson? At this point in the season, that's a landslide, it's not even close. And Ben Sheets! Speaking of another "young" pitcher who's just unhittable some nights.

Also, just a curious sidenote, that "Moneyball" draft so far is looking REALLY REALLY good for the A's at the moment. Those guys are scorching through the farm system.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

For those interested in the recent baseball draft, Aaron Gleeman analyzed it at the HardBallTimes recently (http://www.hardballtimes.com)

There are 2 draftees left out of the analysis, for probably obvious reasons.

1) Their 3rd Round pick, Bill Murphy, was, in essense, traded for Mark Redman.

2) Their 4th Round pick, John Baker, is a catcher hitting .340 in Double A right now.

Of course, AA really doesn't mean much at all, but I do like a 3rd round pick for Mark Redman.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Both PIT and MIL aren't as bad as people predicted, and obviously the Reds too. I don't think any of the 3 has what it takes to sustain their current pace.

Gotta give propz to Roger the Dodger. I was hoping he'd fall flat on his face, but he's been great. Well at least Pettitte has not had a good year. I'll take it.

Moose and Brown both sidelined... though neither injury appear to be serious.

Oswalt, Prior, Sabathia, Sheets, Peavy, Eaton, Odalis Perez, Carlos Zambrano etc. etc. That's just a lot of good power arms.

Let da Carlos Beltran sweepstakes begin...

Griffey 499 hr man I wish this kid was healthy again... he would destory the HR records...
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Kid? Haha, I bet he'd be thrilled to hear you call him that.

There's a great pitching matchup coming up tomorrow night. Mark Prior vs. Roger Clemens at the Juicebox!!! It's so weird seeing Prior's ERA so high at 4.66, though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

It's hard to consider calling Griffey Jr. anything but Kid.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Well, he just seems so much older to me 'cause of his injury-plagued seasons.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

To me he is always the kid

he was so awsome before... now he became pull hitter... all or nothing kind
    Flame on I am gone...

Bear with me while I whine. So I've been starting HInske all yr in my fantasy league (I can't drop him since it's a 16 team lg and there's nobody better on WW) and he's been stinking things up. Finally I sit him for 1 game on Saturday for Polanco who I grabbed while he was on the DL, and Hinske busts out with 3 hits and 5 RBI! So I missed it and Polanco didn't even play that day. Grrrrrrrr. I felt like yanking my hair out the next yr when I saw the results page. LOL The one time I bench him... cmon how bad is the luck??

I used to turn to fantasy baseball to get my baseball kicks when the Metsies fall out of the race (by May usually), but this yr even the fantasy team stinks. So when is March 2005 comin'?? LOL

Mid to late round picks Millwood, Kip Wells, Chacon, Jorge Julio, Klesko, Juan Gone, Kearns, Edgar Martinez, Cameron etc etc. All these bums screwed my team over. Half of these punks are gone from my roster.

What team should I pick as my favorite for this year now? I guess the A's cuz I'm Billy Beane's byatch. Moneyball baby!

Aren't you a Mets fans?

As for me, despite all the injuries, all the difficulties, the yanks are still one of the top teams. Can't wait for everything to go right.

Originally posted by Han Solo
    As for me, despite all the injuries, all the difficulties, the yanks are still one of the top teams. Can't wait for everything to go right.
    Really, I mean, come on. Does that surprise you at all? I mean, didn't you expect this?
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Originally posted by Moinllieon
    Really, I mean, come on. Does that surprise you at all? I mean, didn't you expect this?
    Well, the pitching surprised me. Moose was terrible at the start, and noe the injuries to Moose and Kevin Brown. Vanquez is a star, but Conteras

And also Jeter's struggles, and Torre's great dependecy on only three relievers!

Anyway, i'm sure we will get better. And Jeter will approach .300 at the end of the season.

This season is a high for Clemens has been doing very well, pity he got hammered by Cubs today.

Originally posted by Han Solo
    This season is a high for Clemens has been doing very well, pity he got hammered by Cubs today.
    Pity? What pity?
    Prior pitched well tonight and lowered his ERA significantly. It was also nice seeing the offense score a lot of runs and the bullpen not blowing it for Mark.
    It's going to be another good matchup tomorrow night: Zambrano vs. Miller.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Wow, NL got sweep last nite by AL in the interleague games... could this be a sign that AL will win the WS?

I really like how Angels are playing right now. When October comes I got a feeling they are the team to watch (once everyone comes back from the DL list)
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by James Ko
    Wow, NL got sweep last nite by AL in the interleague games... could this be a sign that AL will win the WS?
    Are you sure about that? The Cardinals beat the A's and the Brewers blanked the Mariners last night. In fact, the Dodgers, Giants, Braves, Rockies, and Mets were all winners yesterday.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 06-16-04 at 02:46 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Zambrano is the best pitcher on Cubbies right now... wondering if he'll have another collapse in Sept though, Dusty's working him mighty hard.

Provided Wood and Prior are healthy for the 2nd half, I think it's the Cubs division to lose. The Astros haven't gotten great seasons out of Miller, Oswalt, or Pettitte yet but I don't think their upside is comparable to the Cubbies' four righties, that's not even including Maddux.

Arghhhhhhh Schilling to pitch tonite at Coors. Should I start him? Common sense says go with your studs everytime, but it is Coors where no one survives. I think I'm gonna bench Schill, career ERA in the 5's at Coors. Of course I may still change my mind before I leave work and edit my lineup. LOL

Originally posted by Lady Zhuge
    Are you sure about that? The Cardinals beat the A's and the Brewers blanked the Mariners last night. In fact, the Dodgers, Giants, Braves, Rockies, and Mets were all winners yesterday.
    Doh I thougth they AL teams were winning but I guess i should see the final score before I made that comment.

ya take schilling off... coors is hell for pitchers.
    Flame on I am gone...

WhO0T!!! The Cubs have just swept the Astros in a four-game series for the first time ever on the road. A nice three-run lead did turn into a nail-biter toward the very end, though. That's 6 victories in a row!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")