Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Relationship thread: was it really that bad?

Originally posted by Moinllieon
    This reminds me of what Clemenza told Michael Corleone:

"his thing's gotta happen every five years or so...every ten years--helps to get rid of the bad blood."

hehe in Spcnet case is every few months
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Default Yari Yari Yara

By observing other bigger forum..
    It requires lots of modding to keep the forum clean. That means some poeple have to put lots of effort to do it. If you or others won't be able to do it, I would say, why suffer?

Also, there are always idiots out there to threat and send black mails to mods and admins... (I speaking from Soompi)
    I highly doubt that anyone wants to suffer this kinda matter.

It seems like Bush sends troops to Iraq without preparation.

Or.. I will make SPC BMW Slayer Clan. (Bi*acher, Moaner and Whiner slayer clan)

Last edited by Yon; 06-01-04 at 03:32 PM.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Originally posted by Moinllieon
    This reminds me of what Clemenza told Michael Corleone:

"This thing's gotta happen every five years or so...every ten years--helps to get rid of the bad blood."

The quote by Micheal in part III is more fitting:

Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in.

Default Re: Yari Yari Yara

Originally posted by Yon
    By observing other bigger forum..
    It requires lots of modding to keep the forum clean. That means some poeple have to put lots of effort to do it. If you or others won't be able to do it, I would say, why suffer?

Also, there are always idiots out there to threat and send black mails to mods and admins... (I speaking from Soompi)
    I highly doubt that anyone wants to suffer this kinda matter.

It seems like Bush sends troops to Iraq without preparation.

Or.. I will make SPC BMW Slayer Clan. (Bi*acher, Moaner and Whiner slayer clan)

So you mean...

SPCNET board/forum = IRAQ
    SPCNET herself = Bush
    SPCNET moderators = Generals, Troops, etc.
    SPCNET ranters/trouble makers (basically don't need to name names you know if you are) = IRAQ Warlords/Army.
    SPCNET posters = Civilians, Reporters, etc.

never thought of it that way...
    Flame on I am gone...

That isn't what I meant, but thanks for your own explanation.

Now you posted that, you sound like JayZ. Are you??
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Originally posted by Mike Liu
    The quote by Micheal in part III is more fitting:
    "It's not personal Tom, it's strictly business."
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Default Re: Re: Yari Yari Yara

Originally posted by James Ko
    So you mean...

SPCNET board/forum = IRAQ
    SPCNET herself = Bush
    SPCNET moderators = Generals, Troops, etc.
    SPCNET ranters/trouble makers (basically don't need to name names you know if you are) = IRAQ Warlords/Army.
    SPCNET posters = Civilians, Reporters, etc.

never thought of it that way...
    What a grand idea.....

and I am Bat Gwa Jing from the land of DimGai !!!!!!
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

to me, some of the forums introduced and since closed were making the forum a rather general forum like many others online - tho there were fun moments, I prefer it as it is now, which is a more focused place that was(I think) the original intention of Spc.

I personally liked the General Comments/RS foorums. Why? It adds more taste. You kinda get to know the members better and you learn new things.

Like, sure, it's hard to moderate such a forum, and it can create arguments. But I'm a member of a lot of other forums, several of which are biggger and include a higher number of members. Yet they still have a General Comments/RS and one even had a forumon Sexuality. All of them are well-moderated and there are no problems, not big ones, at least. And these forums have young members in them.

No, I'm not saying that the mods didn't do a good job while the forum existed, but it's just that having one of these forums isn't impossible. It's something that's doable, and it'll do more good than harm.

As for members before who ignored the rules (and I'm pretty sure it was only a minority of them), well, give them three warnings, if they don't listen, ban them. That'll solve the problem.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Since we are quoting... here is a good quote from the movie for Mods.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"
    Flame on I am gone...

I thought the GC thread was more fun. The relationship thread was pretty much a mine-field since there are people whose main ambition online is to provoke.
    In the Kingdom of the Blind, the one-eyed Jack is King.

I never meant to cause a rift when I started this thread. It's just that I've noticed there are seems to be more and more rules in this forum everyday. And all this started right after the closing of the Relationship thread. Now, I was here and I've seen all the reckus it caused. It was quite annoying to say the least. So I neither agreed nor disagreed with spcnet's decision.

However, since then there been a ban on all things relationshipy..love, friend, family, pet, etc. etc. etc. I'm not here to get the Relationship thread re-instated. I could careless if it ever make a comback. What I do want is to maybe just ease up on the restrictions a little. Don't close every topics that even slightly touch on the subject of love.

Topic does not deal with a debatable issue: closed.
    Topic deems a relationship-type: closed.

There's only so much we can talk about politic and how much everyone hate Bush and are anti-America.

But then again, I'm a guy who hardly contribute to this forum. What I think might not carry much weight around here. I'm just trying to find something else interesting on this forum to read since there's a translation drought occurring.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Come to think of it, all the mess on the relationship forum were caused by only a very few posters who seem to be pathological spammers or were clearing trolling for attention ......... and at the time, they were able to wreak so much havoc because the mods could only delete their threads ....... not much in term of discipline, really.

If the mods were given broader power (such as banning), and clearer guidelines were established (such as no sexual proposition and/or sexually explicit posts), then there shouldn't be any problem moderating that forum or the general comment forum.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

I think those that were causing trouble in the R/S and General Forums are long gone and move to other things. But for R/S or General Forums to come back to commission... there is always a chance for them to return or for these forums to develop other disfunctional folks if R/S or General forums are brought back

As much as I like the idea of giving Mods the tool to ban posters, it would be more work for the Mods (Spcnet and other mods mention this before), since at the moment mods have a hard time even maintain threads from going off topic. I still remember when we ban a particular person in the past. SPCnet made the ultimate decision but there was still a discussion amongs the mods before banning. Do mods have time to discuss banning?

Also I agree with CrazyT, you can talk so much before people will start another relationship, love, pet, etc... subject in the thread. Who said dissing Bush, other political parties, Moin's sexuality (which I thought it was funny and needed in the forum and I am glad SoH let it go - good judgement there)... would not offend anyone... heck I think whenever there is a disagreement in any topic disccussion, someone would get hurt.

Mods shouldn't be big brother or sister. They shouldn't be bias toward some members or topics. They should use their judgement to better serve the board by making right judgement. I believe we have a good group of mods currently (since I talk to most of them before). They are learning as the board is growing.

P.S. Love you all

and Go Flames Go.
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by James Ko
    I think those that were causing trouble in the R/S and General Forums are long gone and move to other things.
    true for the most part, but there are still a few lurking around for the opportunity to strike. you know who you are, mike liu.

*troll*
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

I just think that the rules should a bit more lenient. Like Crazy T said, there's only that much we can talk about politics, and the other overly discussed debating issues.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Originally posted by dan J
    true for the most part, but there are still a few lurking around for the opportunity to strike. you know who you are, mike liu.

*troll*
    I'm not your type. Stop jocking me.

man, it has been years since i last posted.

where are all the old members?
    I can't write a love song the way I feel today, I can't sing no song of hope, I got nothing to say, Life is feeling kind of strange, since you went away, I sing this song to you wherever you are as my guitar lies bleeding in my arms...

Originally posted by Jaded WenEr
    I just think that the rules should a bit more lenient. Like Crazy T said, there's only that much we can talk about politics, and the other overly discussed debating issues.
    best solution to that is don't participate in open debate if the topic is stale to you. loosen the rules will only lead to the gradual decline of "open debate" with more and more borderlining topics being started and lower the bar further still. there are always going to be people moaning about xxx topic being modded too strictly.

I think one important issue to realize here is that spc and the mods just don't want to be bothered with spending too much time keeping the place tidy. after a stressful 8, 9, 10 hours of work every day, people want to kick back and relax, not refereeing at an online forum. unless we start paynig mods wages, they can do whatever they see fit. this is not a democracy.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Just remember to buy some VCD or CD or DVD...

Moderated for going against the system
    Last edited by James Ko; 06-10-04 at 01:58 PM.
    Flame on I am gone...