Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Relationship thread: was it really that bad?

Originally posted by spcnet
    Errr.. I don't remember being benevolent to you. If you were previously banned and able to register again, then you might've just bypassed our IP check. Anyway, if you are warned by a moderator for bad behavior 3 times again, I will have to boot you again.
    LOL. Didn't know that you keep banned IPs for that long. Anyway, thanks for being tolerant and let me stay, even though I was once ousted.

Originally posted by James Ko
    who did you think it was?
    What is white and can lift up anything?
    Last edited by The Janitor; 06-24-04 at 09:02 PM.

SPC is human after all... all this time I thought he/she was a robot.

Anyways thx for the clue Janitor... I think I know who you are talking about. I thought she was long gone... or she switch her name.

O well let by gone be by gone... you were banned once and now you are back.

Everyone forgive and forget... so is all good.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Originally posted by The Janitor
    LOL. Didn't know that you keep banned IPs for that long. Anyway, thanks for being tolerant and let me stay, even though I was once ousted.
    *sniff sniff*

you guys/gals should stop asking for the reopening of the relationship and general comment forums because even if you got your wish, the forums wouldn't be entertaining like the past. without harmless fightings, they would be the like the current jerry springer's show, boring and not worth the time.

what happened to juliet? i missed reading her posts.

@Jaded WenEr,
    get your butt back to wuxiaworld or asianstudios where you belong.

jz

Some of the names and posters are a little too familiar for comfort.

春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

SPC is human after all... all this time I thought he/she was a robot.

Anyways thx for the clue Janitor... I think I know who you are talking about. I thought she was long gone... or she switch her name.

O well let by gone be by gone... you were banned once and now you are back.

Everyone forgive and forget... so is all good.
    LOL. Pehaps we took those two forums for granted and thus both were closed. We don't realize how important they were until we lost them. Kekeke.

Fortunately, we are getting the gerneral comments forum back in the future. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. So instead of begging for the r/ship and gerneral comments forums, let's just be satisfied with one and hope it will be opened soon.

A little off topic here. I feel the mods here do a good job overall. They let you say what you want to say as long as you don't go over the line. I've been to one forum where it was unbelievable. A thing like the r/s forum is hard to mod as you have to deal with people with agenda, immature posters, psychos, etc.

If anyone has ever been to a forum called televisionwithoutpity, then you would think SPCnet has the coolest rules. Last yr, I registered there to discuss the shows Survivor and 24 (yes, geeky, I know), and I lasted 1 week. I got warned for not capitalizing my sentences properly and using ghetto lingo! LOL I told the mod I post from work and can't double check everything, the next thing I knew, my posting privilege was taken away and I could only read. My first reaction was anger but then I realized the mod was prolly some fat over the hill housewife sitting in the house all day, the forum was the only way for her to have any power in her life, and if I wasted my time writing a complaint I would be an even bigger loser than her, so I just left the forum without a fuss.

So don't complain if a SPCnet closes a thread, it could be much worse! This is just the internet.

There will always be worst forum and better forum out there... what keeps me here is because of the unique personality that gathers on these threads.

If u are reading this I am talking about you
    Flame on I am gone...

Just want to note, lest members think we're not serious about banning, if you were previously banned and found your way to re-registering another account (bypassing IP checks, hiding behind different screen names, etc.), I might let you stay for a while again under a different name if you are so desperate to continuously sign up for account after account after I keep banning and deleting (hey, you must really love or hate this place to come back ).

But, please be aware that your chances of getting banned again are a lot higher due to previous bad records and if you reach over my tolerance level, I'll just keep banning you again and again every time you sign up. Nothing personal and no one's special, but have to keep our rules in place.
    -SC

I suppose I am safe because SC will not chastise members unfairly as long as they follow the rules.

BTW, I recall getting a PM, in the past, from a Mod saying that I don't have an ounce of decency. That caustic remark burns like acid.

Well look at the bright side Janitor... you are now on the good side of SPC... who really cares what other moderator thinks.

I would worry about her last post more... it sounds like that is your 1st warning... then you got 2 strike left.

or was that the 1st warning for all of us... then we all got 2 strike left...
    Flame on I am gone...

Well look at the bright side Janitor... you are now on the good side of SPC... who really cares what other moderator thinks.

I would worry about her last post more... it sounds like that is your 1st warning... then you got 2 strike left.

or was that the 1st warning for all of us... then we all got 2 strike left...
    Umm... please take moderators' warnings seriously. If you get 3 warnings from a moderator, that counts as a banning.

Edit: Before someone gets literal on me, I should probably explain it better. If you get warned for bad posting behaviour 3 times, that is a ban. Now we don't always keep perfect track of every single warning PM that is sent out but if you are someone who never heeds the warnings of a moderator or causes trouble continuously, we'll tend to remember you obviously. So when the time comes to a decision of whether to issue a ban or not, it is really more like seeing if you are someone who is continuously breaking our rules and not willing to change. Add 3 or more warnings, and that is the final straw.
    -SC

BTW, I recall getting a PM, in the past, from a Mod saying that I don't have an ounce of decency. That caustic remark burns like acid.
    Sorry to hear that, but I can only say let bygones be bygones and it is only the Internet. Why care about what someone you never even met says to you? On the other hand too, it's also vexing when members go out of their way to cause trouble or saying sarcastic, rude remarks here--not to point out anyone specific but speaking in general.
    -SC

Originally posted by spcnet
    Sorry to hear that, but I can only say let bygones be bygones and it is only the Internet. Why care about what someone you never even met says to you? On the other hand too, it's also vexing when members go out of their way to cause trouble or saying sarcastic, rude remarks here--not to point out anyone specific but speaking in general.
    Of course I don't hold a grudge on that moderator. She is not worth getting mad.

So therefore is okee to take abuse by moderators? (referring to the message Janitor got from a particular mod... regardless if he deserve it or not)

BTW this is not an attack on the moderators... some of them are very cool, nice, smart, intelligent, kind, and my buddies... or at least privately they tell me I am their buddies. I just wanted to see how this issue is being handle. That is all. From the sound of it "forgive and forget" sounds like a solution for all things...
    Flame on I am gone...

So therefore is okee to take abuse by moderators? (referring to the message Janitor got from a particular mod... regardless if he deserve it or not)
    Now, please use your brains. If a mod sends a poster a PM warning said poster about his behaviour, obviously there is something in the behaviour that needs to be corrected in light of the guidelines of the forum.

And please check the definition of abuse. Not everything that hurts the oh so delicate sensitivities of ONE poster is considered abuse. For heaven's sake, grow a thicker skin.
    玉木宏

blog

Originally posted by junny
    Now, please use your brains. If a mod sends a poster a PM warning said poster about his behaviour, obviously there is something in the behaviour that needs to be corrected in light of the guidelines of the forum.

And please check the definition of abuse. Not everything that hurts the oh so delicate sensitivities of ONE poster is considered abuse. For heaven's sake, grow a thicker skin.
    Thus, the moral of the post is to not mess with the mods or you will find yourself to be in hot water.

Thus, the moral of the post is to not mess with the mods or you will find yourself to be in hot water.
    No. It should be: Use your brains before you post.
    玉木宏

blog

Originally posted by junny
    No. It should be: Use your brains before you post.
    Actually everyone use their brain when they post. If they don't use their brain it is physical impossible to do anything. (I am sure your local doctors can prove this) Thick skin or not, by telling someone to use their brain is actually a direct insult to that person's intelligent.

There is probably a better way to handle this then using hurtful words or phrase. For I have gotten one warning before by SPC, herself. She told me to remove my web link because it could led to some very bad site which may be unapproiate to lots of folks here on the board. She never told me I was the lowest of the lifeform for my mistake. I said sorry, I remove the site ASAP. No more problem like that happen again. The problem is solve. No need for harsh words
    Flame on I am gone...

Thick skin or not, by telling someone to use their brain is actually a direct insult to that person's intelligent.
    You mean you actually got what I was trying to say?
    玉木宏

blog