Thread: DGSD: Who was more irresponsible, MRB or XYS?

Default DGSD: Who was more irresponsible, MRB or XYS?

Between these two fathers, whom do you think was more irresponsible to their respective child?

I think it's MRB, cuz at least XYS has an excuse that his wife where killed, but MRB choose to himself.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Originally posted by superboy
    I think it's MRB, cuz at least XYS has an excuse that his wife where killed, but MRB choose to himself.
    Yeah, MRB chose to abandon his son at an early age and let his mother ram him in with those ideas to revive the old empire instead of nurturing and caring for him like a normal mother. I wonder, does MRB's wife know that her husband was alive all that time?

Also we could say that because Mo Rong Fu never had a fatherly figure and his parents weren't lovely dovy and together, his relationship with WYY suffered for all he was taught by his parents were to revive the good ole' empire, that he never thought about his future of getting married and spawning any future heir/ decendants for him and his family. So in a way, the narrow thinking of reviving the old empire, he forgot to give any future to the Mo Rong family name. Mwahahahaha...
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 05-29-04 at 03:13 AM.

Both Siu Yeun San and Mo Yung Bok were basically guilty of the same crime, so I guess their culpability is about equal too (funny how these two guys are equal in just about everything). Siu *might* have the slightly extenuating circumstance that Mo Yung started it, but that's a bit flimsy.

And they both got "enlightenment" and become monks and left their sons to fend for themselves.

Originally posted by kidd
    And they both got "enlightenment" and become monks and left their sons to fend for themselves.
    You can say Sweeper Monk sort of forced them to. Who knows if Sweeper Monk would really send them to hell if they don't submit to Buddhism.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Sweeper Monk seemed like a dangerous character. He sent them into comas all of a sudden when it really wasn't his business.

If he did not do that, the 2 of them would have either died a painful death or become paralysed due to their respective fire deviations.

Of course you can argue that he should have knocked their heads about 15-20 years earlier. Then half the events in DGSD might not have happened.

Yes. It's very odd that the Janitor Monk decided to wait until the situation had reached a critical point before acting.

He himself only stayed at Shaolin for ~40 years, right? He probably hasn't reached enlightenment yet (and attained the powers that came with it). I still think it was odd for a Buddhist character to suddenly go the extreme of near-killing someone.

Originally posted by immakiku
    I still think it was odd for a Buddhist character to suddenly go the extreme of near-killing someone.
    He has reached the stage of martial arts where he is 100% sure that his blows won't kill. Just like how normal martial artists can seal accupoints without killing.

Which is why I say this guy is insanely powerful. He didn't just KO MRB/XYS with 1 tap. He KO'ed them with a very controlled amount of force, which is a lot harder then smacking as hard as you can in order to kill.

As for the original topic. I think both of them were just as bad. But possibly XYS was driven slightly mad due to his family being massacred.
    Last edited by CC; 05-30-04 at 10:02 AM.

Didnt MRF grew up in a wealthy setting and had his croonies?

I think MRB faked his death, but prior to that, did make arrangements.