Thread: The relationship between Mo Dong Sect and Ngor Mei Sect in Gu Long's universe

Default The relationship between Mo Dong Sect and Ngor Mei Sect in Gu Long's universe

In Jin Yong's universe, relations between the Mo Dong Sect and the Ngor Mei Sect were very close during the Yuan Dynasty because the two sects' respective founders, Cheung 3 Fung and Gwok Seung, had been good friends. In Gu Long's universe, of course, the histories of the Mo Dong Sect and Ngor Mei Sect were very different. Perhaps a Cheung 3 Fung also existed in Gu Long's universe, but there was definitely no Gwok Seung. In that case, what was the relationship between Mo Dong Sect and Ngor Mei Sect like in Gu Long's universe? In the LUK SIU FUNG novels, which I'm most familiar with, the two sects didn't cross paths much. It would have been interesting to see how the Wooden Taoist (Mo Dong Sect leader) and Dook Goo 1 Hok (Ngor Mei Sect leader) would have dealt with each other.

Too bad DG1H was killed by XMCX before he even had the chance to meet the Wooden Taoist.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Can someone please give a brief summary on this Wooden Taoist character. Was he a good or a bad person?

Originally posted by rabadi
    Can someone please give a brief summary on this Wooden Taoist character. Was he a good or a bad person?
    He turned out to be a villain, although that did not become apparent until the fifth LUK SIU FUNG novel (THE HAUNTED MANOR). The Wooden Taoist was the leader of the Mo Dong Sect and a good friend of Luk Siu Fung's. Publically, he was known as the world's third best swordsman (after Sai Mun Chui Sheut and Yip Goo Sing), but in fact, his martial arts were much more powerful than anybody really knew. He ran a secret organization from the Haunted Manor under the secret identity of "Lo Do Ba Tze", and tried to take over the martial world in LUK SIU FUNG Vol. 5.

Thanks Ken. BTW, it appears to me that in GL's universe Wudang was closer in relationship to Shaolin, rather than to Er-Mei.

In real history, Er-Mei sect does not exist.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^