Thread: Is Shi PoTian good-looking?

Default Is Shi PoTian good-looking?

Does the novel gives any description of Shi PoTian? Is he good-looking, average or ugly? Slim or muscular? Tall, short or average?

Tall.

Never read the real novel. Assuming from the fact that TVB casted Tony Leung to play this role, Shi Potian can be good-looking.

i don't know about good looking, he's not ugly looking, yes very tall. shi po tian looks like shi zhong yu (100% alike). shi zhong yu is said to be good looking, so i think shi po tian is good looking also.

Originally posted by Thai guy
    Never read the real novel. Assuming from the fact that TVB casted Tony Leung to play this role, Shi Potian can be good-looking.
    TVB has already missed the 'tall' part of SPT's physical attribute.

I think Shi Zhong Yu would be more charming than Shi Po Tian even though they look alike and are good-looking.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Not too sure about whether SPT was good looking or not. But I think one thing is for sure, he did look so much like SZY, 'cause there were many people thought he was SZY when they first met him. So, if SZY was good looking, chances are SPT was good looking too.

Got the answer liao. SPT is not ugly, but not handsome either. At least Ding Bu Shan doesn't think so, althought Ding Dang thinks he's really handsome (but she's blinded by love).

Excerpt:

丁当大喜,素知爷爷目中无人,对一般武林高手向来都殊少许可,居然一见石破天便请他喝酒,实在大出意料之外 。她对石破天情意缠绵,原认定他英雄年少,世间无双,爷爷垂青赏识,倒也丝毫不奇,只是听爷爷刚才的口气, 出手便欲杀人,怎么一见面便转了口气,可见石郎英俊潇洒,连爷爷也为之倾倒。她一厢情愿,全不想到石破天适 才其实已然身遭大难,她爷爷所以改态,全因察觉了对方内力惊人之故,他于这小子的什么“英俊潇洒”,那是丝 毫没放在心上。何况石破天相貌虽然不丑,也不见得如何英俊,“潇洒”两字,更跟他沾不上半点边儿。当下丁当 喜孜孜的走进船舱,又取出两只酒杯,先斟了一杯给爷爷,再给石破天斟上一杯,然后自己斟了一杯 。

HuangYushi's translation:

Her lingering affections for Shi Potian led her to believe that he was a peerless young hero, so she was actually not amazed by her grandfather's show of favour upon him. However, she was thrilled by her grandfather's swift and sudden change of tone -- from wanting to kill the young man to inviting him for a drink -- for it was clear that even the old man fell for Darling Shi's (Shi2 Lang2)(6) handsome appearance, talent, brilliance and poise. These conclusions were, of course, nothing more than wishingful thinking, for she had absolutely no idea that Shi Potian had been at the brink of great danger a moment ago.

Her grandfather had changed his attitude simply because he had discovered the astonishing extent of his opponent's internal energy, for he could not be bothered about the young man's 'handsome appearance, talent, brilliance and poise'. Furthermore, Shi Potian was not exactly handsome to begin with, although he was not ugly either. As for 'talent, brilliance and poise', these characteristics could not even be used to describe him at all.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-30-06 at 04:24 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Both SPT and Shi Zhongyu were twins and they look very alike - even their parents initially couldn't see the difference.

(Possible spoilers ahead...)

I remember the novel saying that SPT was of a slightly larger build than compared to SZY. While SZY was more handsome than SPT (he had that scholar look lah), SPT had a darker complexion than compared to SZY. This was evident when both of them stand side by side at the same time at the hall of the Eternal Happiness Clan in front of everyone.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Both SPT and Shi Zhongyu were twins and they look very alike - even their parents initially couldn't see the difference.
    They look very much alike but they were not twins. This I am sure, because Shi Zhong Yu has no twin brother. His brother was 11 months younger than him. His mother said so. There was a scene in the novel where Min Rou, who thought SPT was SZY, told him how his brother died. She said at that time SZY was 1 year old while his brother has just reached 1 month old.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-30-06 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    They look very much alike but they were not twins. This I am sure, because Shi Zhong Yu has no twin brother. His brother was 11 months younger than him. His mother said so. There was a scene in the novel where Min Rou, who thought SPT was SZY, told him how his brother died. She said at that time SZY was 1 year old while his brother has just reached 1 month old.
    Ooops sorry. I'm pretty sure they were twins... Hmmm, I kind of forgotten whether they were twins or not....
    ..ext88

its pretty much like the JY version of JDSj of gu long. twins with fairly different tastes. ok not twins then, but similar concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Arisa
    its pretty much like the JY version of JDSj of gu long. twins with fairly different tastes. ok not twins then, but similar concept.
    orly? ... doesn't seem to like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arisa
    The only think similar between the 2 stories is both have 'twins' with opposite personalities. Other than that, I don't see anymore similarities. The storyline is totally different.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-30-06 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88

(Possible spoilers ahead...)

I remember the novel saying that SPT was of a slightly larger build than compared to SZY. While SZY was more handsome than SPT (he had that scholar look lah), SPT had a darker complexion than compared to SZY. This was evident when both of them stand side by side at the same time at the hall of the Eternal Happiness Clan in front of everyone.
    It's the same situation as my cousins who are twin sisters. When they stand side by side together, I can easily tell who is the older twin and who is the younger. But when I see only one of them, I couldn't tell whether she's the older or the younger one.