Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about GL's Bian Cheng Lang Zi

Default Questions about GL's Bian Cheng Lang Zi

I was recently re-watching the 91 version from TVB and was wondering how accurate this is the actual novel? Did the series end like that in the novel? In the series, Fu Hong Shuet just left while Yip Hoi left with that one girl. Was that how the novel ended?? There was a guy at the end that said he respected Li Xun Huan's Fei Dao the most. I know that is Qing Wu Ming. IS he the same Qing Wu Ming as the one who worked for Shang Guan Jin Hong in XLFD?? So he didn't die in XLFD(I haven't been reading Meh's translation) and became a Taoist? I thought he and Li Xun Huan were enemies... Thanks!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Default Re: Questions about GL's Bian Cheng Lang Zi

Originally posted by Trinie
    I was recently re-watching the 91 version from TVB and was wondering how accurate this is the actual novel? Did the series end like that in the novel? In the series, Fu Hong Shuet just left while Yip Hoi left with that one girl. Was that how the novel ended?? There was a guy at the end that said he respected Li Xun Huan's Fei Dao the most. I know that is Qing Wu Ming. IS he the same Qing Wu Ming as the one who worked for Shang Guan Jin Hong in XLFD?? So he didn't die in XLFD(I haven't been reading Meh's translation) and became a Taoist? I thought he and Li Xun Huan were enemies... Thanks!!
    If you are talking about the one with Hugo Ng and Eddie Cheung:

I didn't think the novel talked about them going back to see the mum, but yes, Yip Hoi did leave with Ding Ling Lin, and Fu Hong Xue ended up alone.

The guy was Jin Wu Ming, and no, he didn't die in XLFD, Ah Fei defeated him and spared his life. His arm died and he left at the end with Shang Guan Jin Hong's body. He was enemies with Li Xun Huan and Ah Fei, but he does admire them for their skills and acts of honour.

The one in the series was portrayed much happier than the one in the book. The one in the novel was still as dead-eyed as ever. And there was no fight between FHX and LXJ in the novel, basically LXJ got stabbed by Ding Ling Zhong and nearly died, but JWM came to take him away and gave his speech on why Li Xun Huan's dagger was the best.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Hi Charbydis, Wow, thank you so much for your response! Everything makes a lot more sense to me now. Yes, I am talking about the version with Hugo and Eddie Cheung. Who is LXJ and Ding Ling Zhong? I didn't rewatch all of this series yet. I just saw the last part. I saw it before but don't remember anything.

Thanks for the info in Jin Wu Ming. I think it is good that he repented, became a Taoist and is no longer enemies with Li Xun Huan. No wonder he didn't have one of his arms. But I am glad to know that the series did end at least somewhat like the novel. Thanks again!!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Thanks for the info in Jin Wu Ming. I think it is good that he repented, became a Taoist and is no longer enemies with Li Xun Huan.
    he didnt become a Taoist... he's still trying to seek revenge, or shall i say 'challange' LXH n Ye Kai. I learn those when reading the 1st half part of Bian Cheng Dao Sheng... haven read the sec half yet...
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

Originally posted by ~
    he didnt become a Taoist... he's still trying to seek revenge, or shall i say 'challange' LXH n Ye Kai. I learn those when reading the 1st half part of Bian Cheng Dao Sheng... haven read the sec half yet...
    Bian Cheng Dao Sheng is horrible!!!! I finished it and didn't get half the story. "Flying Eagles in September (Jiu Yue Fei Ying)" is much better. And you get more follow ups on the descendents of the characters as well. (JWM catching butterflies is weird though!!! )

And to Trine:

No, Jin Wu Ming is not a Taoist. I have no idea why TVB made him like that. In the novel, he still has that dead expression and wears the same yellow robe that was the uniform for the Money Clan (which was Shang Guan Jin Hong's).

(I still think that the two have homosexual feelings for each other )

He respects and admires Li Xun Huan and Ah Fei, but he is lonely wants to compete with them to see who is better after those years of improvement.

Lu Xiao Jia is the disciple of Jin Wu Ming, the assassin dude who likes peanuts. He is really the son of Master Ding, the real Ding Ling Zhong.

The Ding Lin Zhong who stabbed him is really Master's Ding's sister's son, who was the illegitimate son of Bai Tian Yu (Yip Hoi's father). He stabbed Lu Xiao Jia in the ribs because he told the truth about their parentage and he felt ashamed.

I think Lu Xiao Jia died, but his father thinks that Jin Wu Ming would be able to save him.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Originally posted by charbydis
    Bian Cheng Dao Sheng is horrible!!!! I finished it and didn't get half the story. "Flying Eagles in September (Jiu Yue Fei Ying)" is much better.
    that's strange... i always feel that 'Flying Eagles' is quite decent, not very exciting. in fact i found Bian Cheng Lang Zi is way much better, even tian ya ming yue dao is much better than Flying Eagles too. haven finish Bian Cheng DAo sheng, so cant conclude yet..
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

Thanks again guys! Oh so he didn't become a Taoist... I was tricked by the series.... I thought he became a Taoist. HE still wants revenge?? For who?? Don't tell me he still wants to seek revenge for Shang Guan Jin Hong.

Is Bian Cheng Dao Sheng a different story? Does it come before or after Biang cheng Liang Zi?? I heard that Flying Eagles is pretty good but not sure since I haven't read it myself yet.

Thanks for clearing things up...

Is Bian Cheng Dao Sheng a different story? Does it come before or after Biang cheng Liang Zi?? I heard that Flying Eagles is pretty good but not sure since I haven't read it myself yet.
    Bian Cheng Dao Sheng takes place 10 years after the events of Bian Cheng Liang Zi. So the order for the Ye Kai/Fu HongXue saga is:

Bian Cheng Liang Zi
    Eagles Flying in September
    Bian Cheng Dao Sheng
    Horizon, Full Moon, Sabre

HE still wants revenge?? For who?? Don't tell me he still wants to seek revenge for Shang Guan Jin Hong.
    Okay! I won't tell you then!
    Cyril Connolly

To Tiger, Thanks for the list and info. I never knew that there were that many stories on Yip Hoi and Fu Hong Shuet... Really interesting. Gosh I wish that I can read them sometime...

To Charbydis, hee... Thanks for your response... so he STILL wants revenge for Shang Guan Jin Hong??? Oh my gosh...I can't believe that, so he still wants to kill/defeat Li Xun Huan???

To Tiger, Thanks for the list and info. I never knew that there were that many stories on Yip Hoi and Fu Hong Shuet... Really interesting. Gosh I wish that I can read them sometime...

To Charbydis, hee... Thanks for your response... so he STILL wants revenge for Shang Guan Jin Hong??? Oh my gosh...I can't believe that, so he still wants to kill/defeat Li Xun Huan???
    For people like Jin Wu Ming there's not much else to do in life besides trying to defeat LXH. He's actually pretty typical in that sense for a GL fighter.
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start

To Charbydis, I am currently re-watching the TVB version of Bian Cheng Lang Zi. Everything makes more sense now since I heard that that series is pretty accurate to the novel. I actually like Lu Xiao Jia and feel sad that he probably died.... This is an interesting story... My mom doesn't really like it since she thinks it is sort of confusing due to all the twists and stuff. I actually like it since it makes me more interested in it....

To Charbydis, I am currently re-watching the TVB version of Bian Cheng Lang Zi. Everything makes more sense now since I heard that that series is pretty accurate to the novel. I actually like Lu Xiao Jia and feel sad that he probably died.... This is an interesting story... My mom doesn't really like it since she thinks it is sort of confusing due to all the twists and stuff. I actually like it since it makes me more interested in it....
    Luo Xiao Jia was pretty "dead-like" in the novel like Jin Wu Ming, except probably he had more life. He has adpated Jin Wu Ming's dead eyes and has all these weird ideas about women plugged into his head (something about prostitutes and women who are born to be prostitutes) (Thanks to Jin Wu Ming and Lin Xian Er )

Anyway, I think he did die because there is no way you can survive with a sword stabbed up to the hilt into your ribs. And he never appeared again in any of the sequels so you can always take Ding Sheng Feng's perpective and wish that he didn't die and JWM saved him.

I actually really like the twist in it, and it is not that confusing. The novel has more hidden relationships than the series. I find the series more easier to understand since GL's characters are pretty hard to fully understand. (Shen San Niang was like ?huh? to me!)

My mu hates it because she can't get the story!!!

Oh well, at least you get to re-watch it. When I was small, I accidently taped over the middle part so I only have the beginning 10 episodes and the end 3 episodes.
    Cyril Connolly

I am pissed as hell that they dont release this on VCD. How are you guys watching this? Old VHS?

Originally posted by CC
    I am pissed as hell that they dont release this on VCD. How are you guys watching this? Old VHS?
    I got my auntie in hong kong to tape it when it was on rerun.
    Cyril Connolly

Thanks for the info Charbydis. You have read this novel right? That is sad to hear that Lu Xiao Jia died....So he is like Jin Wu Ming in the novel?? I am surprised that they made him so happy in the series. By the way, is Jin Wu Ming's name the ming of "sheng ming" or the ming of "ming zi"?
    I am re-watching it on DVD in Viet. I hope that they will release it on VCD in chinese too. They may even release it on DVD in Chinese too since I have seen other series in Chinese on DVD. The video store that I go to also has all of the old series too so I could have rented it. But I have the DVD set now. I saw this series a long time ago too but don't remember that much.

Thanks for the info Charbydis. You have read this novel right? That is sad to hear that Lu Xiao Jia died....So he is like Jin Wu Ming in the novel?? I am surprised that they made him so happy in the series. By the way, is Jin Wu Ming's name the ming of "sheng ming" or the ming of "ming zi"?
    I am re-watching it on DVD in Viet. I hope that they will release it on VCD in chinese too. They may even release it on DVD in Chinese too since I have seen other series in Chinese on DVD. The video store that I go to also has all of the old series too so I could have rented it. But I have the DVD set now. I saw this series a long time ago too but don't remember that much.
    Yup, LXJ is pretty much like JWM, but happier. But the one in the series is too happy and lively. So was JWM, who seemed too non-robotic. I guess LXJ had a better (but still horrible) childhood than JWM, so he turned out happier with no bisexual tendencies, but LXJ did copy the dead expression in his eyes, his bitter laugh and some of JWM's thoughts about women.

"Jin" means "thorn", "Wu" means "no", and "Ming" means "life" as in ming zi. So Jin Wu Ming really means "thorn with no life", which is pretty much what JWM really is anyway!

It still wonders me on how Ding Cheng Fung would give his son to Jin Wu Ming to raise? I mean, even if you respected him for his martial arts, Jin Wu Ming is not the best guy to give a kid to for him to raise! I mean, look what happened to the kid's mind!!!

Anyway, on that martial arts lover quiz that SPCNET had last year, I got Jin Wu Ming as my lover.
    Cyril Connolly

Banned

I don't think this series is make in 1991? No way, it was made in like in the 80's, Trinnie how you know it was made in 91?

Lolz! By the way, Deviltaz, check your PM please, I send you a message like 5 months ago, I don't know if you ever check it or you just ignore and don't reply my PM, hehehe!!!!!

Sorry for going off topic.

By the way Trinnie, did you buy the Origional DVD, I saw it too, but it was too expensive, I buy the Origional Viet DVD of Return of Condor Heroes of Carmen and Louis instead.

So in the novel, could FHX have kicked LXJ's butt like he did in the show?

Banned

Lolz charbydis, I got Fu Hong Suet, the cripple guy to be my lover last year lolz, U should be happy that you get Jin Wu Ming