Thread: Legends

Default Legends

why do you guys think is it that how come we don't have any legends in our life time?

I think the 1800's was a renaissance for martial arts that produced some of the most feared fighters and masters that reached the highest of high levels in their arts. Such people as Dong Hai Chuan, Cheng Ting Hua and Fong faye hong.

Our generation, we have Bruce Lee but i don't know if you would consider him a legend...

are legends only made in times of war? Do you have to use the sword or control a vast empire and wait 200 years after you die in order to become a legend?

Where are the hero and legends of our generation?

Default Re: Legends

Originally posted by palmchange
    Do you have to use the sword or control a vast empire and wait 200 years after you die in order to become a legend?

Where are the hero and legends of our generation?
    Billl Gates is a legend in his own lifetime, controlling a vast empire with millions of people reliant on his drug, windows. I guess the $$ is bigger than any martial art...not easy to establish your creds when there's money that can get you an army or even at street level, to go get yourself a gun and do something stupid which will get you on the front page of a newspaper

hmmm... that's true. Bill Gates definitely could be considered a legend.

but i was thinking more in the martial, wuxia world.

I think time is a factor here. Perhaps several decades more Bruce Lee could become a legend himself.

The advent of modern telecommunications makes the creation of "legends" a bit more difficult. It's hard to spin mythology when film and television footage exist to bring everything down to earth.

David Beckham!! He's a ledgend of sorts. You can spin all sort of stories about him, and you can't verify them. It is the media that does the spinning of mythology.

The media can turn anyone into hero or zero. Without question legends are made by the media nowadays.

legends always come from history, so it takes years to know whether any legends live in this era or not. But I am pretty sure there is, and bill gates is one of them.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

If Bill Gates is a legend, then Warren Buffet is definetly also one . This guy is probably the most succesful investor ever, and he buildt his empire throught the stock market . He have become so powerful that if he buy a stock the stock will just rise 10% , thats really impressive!