Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How FCY got dugu nine swords?

Default How FCY got dugu nine swords?

it said that dugu nine sword's were created by DGQB,therefore,how it could passed down to FCY in Ming Dynasty?

Nobody knows. This is a major mystery in the JY universe.

Someone came up with the theory that ROCH's DGQB is not the same person as SOD's DGQB.

Originally posted by PJ

Someone came up with the theory that ROCH's DGQB is not the same person as SOD's DGQB.
    It's kind of funny to think that Dook Goo Kau Bai might be a franchise.

FQY & LHC's master-student relationship sounds like the Sith Lords relationship to me: one master, one apprentice, no more, no less

Originally posted by rabadi
    FQY & LHC's master-student relationship sounds like the Sith Lords relationship to me: one master, one apprentice, no more, no less
    That applies more to OYF and the White Camel Mountain Sect in LOCH and Yue third Evil in DGSD.

Originally posted by PJ

I hope you're not talking about my jooke that FQY just used DGKB's name when inventing DG9J?

Originally posted by PJ

that might be, because it seem in SOD there is many reused names of technique. Such as the heart destroying palm, ice palm, Jade Maiden Sword, and maybe YJJ, etc. Most of the reader consider these technique as different technique that were mention in other novels. So it could be possible for DGQB to different also.

funny. I was pondering ova this question the otha day as well. I was thinking maybe the DG9J became a Wah shan art because it seems that people from Wah Shan seemed to recognise it.
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Originally posted by kamii
    funny. I was pondering ova this question the otha day as well. I was thinking maybe the DG9J became a Wah shan art because it seems that people from Wah Shan seemed to recognise it.
    hmmmm...
    actually there were hardly anyone in SOD that could recognize what sword technique LHC was using. His master even though that he was using the resisting evil sword(whatever its name is) and got mad at him and later kick him out of the Hua Shan Sect.

there were only two people that recognize one is the shaolin monk and the other was Wudang Sect Leader.

Originally posted by TaiHan
    there were only two people that recognize one is the shaolin monk and the other was Wudang Sect Leader.
    XWT seemed to recognize it too.

From Lanny Lin's translation on chapter 19 draft
    By then, Shi Lingwei had decided to report them to the masters of the manor. Turning toward Linghu Chong, he asked, ?Is this mister a member of the Huashan School??

?This is Brother Feng. He is the Uncle-Master of the current Huashan School Headmaster, Yue Buqun,? Xiang Wentian replied swiftly before Linghu Chong had any chance to open his mouth.

From the much nonsense Xiang Wentian had made up, Linghu Chong had guessed that Xiang would vamp up a fake name and identity for him, but he had no idea that Xiang would make him the Uncle-Master of his own Master. Even though Linghu Chong was a man that did not care a rush, pretending to be a senior of his respectful Master made him very uneasy. He couldn?t help but shudder. Luckily his face was covered under a thick layer of yellow powder, which effectively concealed his startled face.

Ding Jian and Shi Lingwei exchanged a suspicious stare, both thinking, ?Although we can?t tell this man?s true age, he is most likely under forty. How could he be Yue Buqun?s Uncle-Master??

Xiang Wentian had made Linghu Chong look much older with the help of the disguise. However, Linghu Chong still looked far from an aged man, and any excessive make up would have given him away completely.

?This Brother Feng here is actually younger than Yue Buqun, but he is the only disciple of apprentice brother Feng Qingyang and the only heir of apprentice brother Feng?s unique sword arts. His skills in sword arts are so exceptional that few in the Huashan Sword School could be his match,? Xiang Wentian explained.

Once again, Linghu Chong found himself astounded. ?How would Brother Xiang know that I am the disciple of Grand Uncle-Master Feng?? he pondered and found the answer only a moment later, ?With his exceptional sword art skills, Grand Uncle-Master Feng must have had a prestigious fame in the Martial World many years ago. Brother Xiang is a very knowledgeable man. Once he saw the sword arts I used, naturally he was able to deduce the origin of the sword arts. If Great Master Fang-Sheng can recognize it, so can Brother Xiang.?
    Last edited by rabadi; 06-12-04 at 01:42 AM.

Originally posted by Han Solo
    I hope you're not talking about my jooke that FQY just used DGKB's name when inventing DG9J?
    No. I am referring to this post: http://forums.cinple.net/wuxia/archi...cgi?read=24647

Text:
    I've noticed some discrepancies on why I believe they might be two different people with the same title. If you translate the Dugu name, you would know that it is a title, not a real name. Nobody

In Ch. 10 of SMP, Feng Qiuyang said:

Senior master Dugu Seeking-A-Loss, who created this set of sword techniques, had a name ‘Seeking-A-Loss.’ He had been seeking a loss all his life and still couldn’t get one.

>> He called him senior master, so this Dugu Seek-A-Loss might have belonged to the same school as Feng Qiuyang.

ROCH is supposed to have taken place before SMP, and yet no mention of this school was brought up. Yet ,Dugu Qiubai has lived at least before this time. Wouldn't you think that someone as unbeatable like him, would at least be known to some sword schools and fighters who have heard/encountered/lose to him? Nope, only the four Greats and Central Knowall were popular during the LOCH and ROCH era. So this would mean he had to have lived even before their time.

I doubt it. The Dugu Qiubai from ROCH and SMP are different people.

Also, Feng Qiuyang only mentions this style and not the other "Blunt Sword" and "no weapon" technique?
    With these discrepencies and the fact that Dugu Qiubai is a title, I think they are two differnt persons.

Actually, what detail says that the Condor trilogy is even tied to the same world as SMP other than the fact it takes place after? Until you come with hard facts to back that up, you arguments about what Dugu Qiubai said in ROCH cannot be tied to the principles of Dugu Qiubai in SMP.

But be sure to read the posts in response to that one.

Originally posted by rabadi
    XWT seemed to recognize it too.
    oh yeah, forgot got about him. thanks
    so that makes only about 3 people.

Look here, my theory all along has always been the 'THE BIG CONDOR'

I think the Big Condor is link between DG and FCY. At the end of ROCH after YG and XLN left wulin and went somewhere secluded. There's a big chance that Big Condor went back to his dungeon because he doesn't want to bother YG/XLN, or even somewhere else, also some place secluded, maybe another dungeon, cave, valley, island, who knows. But for all we know, Big Condor also never showed up again in Wulin after ROCH, because otherwise people would had spotted the big bird since he's closely associated with Yang Guo. News travel quite fast even during Wuxia era, and this would give Guo Xiang at least some clue on where YG/XLN whereabouts. Even if the bird is NOT with them, perhaps the bird can at least show GX the last location where they separated.

But the truth is (according to the HSDS), GX never did find them, (and most likely the Big Condor too).

So at one point in his lifetime, Big Condor must have found another person and taught him (her) DG9J. Since the timespan between the end of ROCH and the beginning of XAJH is too far apart. The big condor couldn't have lived that long. Heck.... Even the Monkey who lives for over 100 years in that cave is strecthing it too much already. But who knows XLN might have taught the Special bird a technique to live longer and supress all emotion.
    But that's highly unlikely, since that means the bird would have to live 300 years (well.. perhaps 200+ years) since FCY is already almost 100 years as well when he met LHC

My theory is saying that the Old Bird (couldn't be YG since he doesn't know DG9J) must have taught someone else after ROCH, the techniques of DG9J, and this person later taught FCY. Whoever he (she) is the person has a close connection with Hua Shan sword branch.
    Last edited by Temujin; 06-14-04 at 11:12 AM.

Default re: Big Condor

DG9J is too complicated a martial arts theory to have been transmitted via the Condor. All of YG's martial arts attainment under the tutelage of the Condor is of the "simplicity/directness over fanciness" variety.

Default Re: re: Big Condor

Originally posted by CFT
    DG9J is too complicated a martial arts theory to have been transmitted via the Condor. All of YG's martial arts attainment under the tutelage of the Condor is of the "simplicity/directness over fanciness" variety.
    Well if YG can come up with sets of new sword arts trained by the mightly Big Condor, is it not also safe to say that if one day there's another person with YG's talent (perhaps better) stumbled across the Big Condor and DG's tomb, he would probably be able to use DG's sword theory and come up with his own version DG sword arts and created DG9J, and the DG9J later, would be passed along to FCY.

But arent the two theories diffrent? YG's sword art was almost completely Chi based not really looking for a weakness in the opponents stances. His technique is jsut basic stabs and slash backed up with alot of speed and power.

Maybe dugu9jian is based off Yg's sword art but not the way LWC used it. Also when FCY talked about Dugu9jian he said that dugu used the sword art which would not have been possible had someone else created D9J off dugu's theories.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Default Re: Re: re: Big Condor

Originally posted by Temujin
    Well if YG can come up with sets of new sword arts trained by the mightly Big Condor, is it not also safe to say that if one day there's another person with YG's talent (perhaps better) stumbled across the Big Condor and DG's tomb, he would probably be able to use DG's sword theory and come up with his own version DG sword arts and created DG9J, and the DG9J later, would be passed along to FCY.
    It seems to me that the Condor mainly demonstrated sword ideas/intent to YG.

The DG9J is way more complex than this. There are 9 indexes for each of the weapon (including palm and chi) breaking stances along with a main/general index. Each of these indexes was a long and complicated set of idioms.

This is highly divergent to the heavy sword techniques developed by YG in training with the Condor, which can probably be reduced to a "simple": "use simplicity to overcome complexity".

If the Condor were to transmit DGKB's sword arts again after YG, there is really no logical reason why it would not follow the same pattern and produce something similar to the heavy sword techniques.

I can't see how a non-speaking Condor can transmit such a lexically dense and complicated sword art like DG9J.

IMO, although DG9J is a superior sword art in SoD, I think that it is inferior to the heavy sword techniques. In the wuxia novels, as in real life martial arts, simplicity of technique points to superior technqiues - in fact having overt techniques is seen as a weakness.

Default I think it might be passed down by yang guo

i just think so,because they didn't say how,so,u see kok sheung might learned dugu sword style from yang guo,so kok sheung then opened the emei sect. and passed to mit jit si tai and so on...if i'm not correct please correct for me

The Yellow Dress Girl learned all of Yang Guo and XLN's martial arts. She had a son whom she passed DuGu Qiu Bai's kung fu on to.

Originally posted by Dali Huang Tze
    i just think so,because they didn't say how,so,u see kok sheung might learned dugu sword style from yang guo,so kok sheung then opened the emei sect. and passed to mit jit si tai and so on...if i'm not correct please correct for me
    Who is Kok Sheung? Do you mean Guo Xiang? If so, then sorry but this theory just won't work. Guo Xiang never met YG again in HSDS, and also MJST's gongfu was not too good, there's no way she knew DG9J.

Originally posted by Dirt
    The Yellow Dress Girl learned all of Yang Guo and XLN's martial arts. She had a son whom she passed DuGu Qiu Bai's kung fu on to.
    I don't remember this mentioned in HSDS. How do you know?