Thread: Matchups between real martial artists

Default Matchups between real martial artists

Who would win in a fight between..

Bruce Lee Vs. Chuck Norris
    Sammo Hung Vs. David Carradine

I think Ekin Cheng would give David Carradine's a real good run.

Default Re: Matchups between real martial artists

Originally posted by Divine Condor

Bruce Lee Vs. Chuck Norris
    In street fight, definitely Bruce Lee

In Competition fight with rules, there's a chance that Chuck Norris could win. Because the guy has proven to be a 9th time (not sure the exact number) world Karate champion or something like that. He knows how to win points by rules and know how win in competition.

Sammo Hung Vs. David Carradine
    Street fight. Sammo all the way

Competition fight. I still think Sammo will own David.

I was wondering, is Sammo a good martial artist? Thanks.

I was wondering, is Sammo a good martial artist? Thanks.
    No more or less than Jackie Chan. Neither are really martial artists; they are acrobats.

What if we add in Jet Lee, Donnie Yuen, Don "The Dragon" Wilson, and Steven Seagal to those four mentioned above. Who will win as the best martial artist in real life?

i think donnie or jet, they were trained from young ages were they not. I remember donnie started doing taichi or sumthin really early cause his mum or dad was a teacher.
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Donnie's mom is a famousTaichi Martial Artist.

Steven Seagal probably is the best cause he was with the FBI I think before being an actor and also is an expert in jujitsu which is all about killing or rendering the opponent armless like breaking some part of his body.

Lau Kar Leung is the real descendant of Wong Fei Hong so he migh be strong. Gordon Lui is his nephew.

And there's also Sho Kosugi is a real ninja so he must be really powerfull.

Originally posted by yu
    Steven Seagal probably is the best cause he was with the FBI I think before being an actor and also is an expert in jujitsu which is all about killing or rendering the opponent armless like breaking some part of his body.
    Dude! You are being SARCASTIC right?!??!?

Originally posted by yu
    Can u show me the article that saying he was with the FBI? Also, remember that he was practicing Aikido...not jujitsu.
    Swordsmanship’s Ultimate Ideal

Swordsmanship’s first achievement is the unify of man and sword. Once this unity is attained, even a blade of grass can be a weapon

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart, when absent from one's hand. One can strike an enemy at 100 paces even with bare hands

Swordsmanship’s ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world

-Broken Sword- , Hero

Originally posted by Dirt
    No more or less than Jackie Chan. Neither are really martial artists; they are acrobats.
    Their early training was Peking Opera but after they left they did became martial artists, and both Jackie and Sammo got into alot of street fights in their early years. Both studied a wide variety of martial arts like Wing Chun, Taekwondo, boxing, Hung Kuen, etc. I think Sammo once said in a interview that he prefers Wing Chun and Hapkido.

Originally posted by yu
    Lau Kar Leung is the real descendant of Wong Fei Hong so he migh be strong. Gordon Lui is his nephew.
    Gordon Liu(Lau Kar Fai) is his adopted brother.

Originally posted by SkineePanda
    Gordon Liu(Lau Kar Fai) is his adopted brother.
    yes sorry for the mistake

Originally posted by Jian Shen
    Can u show me the article that saying he was with the FBI? Also, remember that he was practicing Aikido...not jujitsu.
    I saw it on tv like 10 years ago when Segall was beginning his carreer as an actor and got an interview, he talk about it then. And since I never was interest in him.

Here the link for the jujitsu but it does not state his rank: http://w3.blackbeltmag.com/halloffame/html/143.html

Originally posted by CC
    Dude! You are being SARCASTIC right?!??!?
    No kidding. Actually I don't really care about this guy but I think that he must be pretty good in martial art cause it is state that:

"Steven Seagal is another martial arts star that really has a serious martial arts background. As a young man, Seagal saw Morehei Ueshiba, founder of aikido, demonstrate the flowing, throwing art in a class. He was hooked. Seagal ended up living in Japan for 15 years, married his instructor's daughter, and became one of the highest-ranking gaijin (foreigners) in aikido.

Seagal also holds black belt rank in kenjutsu, combat with the Japanese sword, and has trained in karate, judo, and jujitsu as well. Seagal began teaching aikido in Japan, breaking traditions as one of the first non-Japanese to start his own school."

Seagal is full of crap. The instructor which he claimed to have trained under in Japan was interviewed and said he never taught Seagal anything.

One stuntman got so sick of Seagal's nonsense on a movie set that he challenged Seagal. Seagal got caught in a choke hold and was knocked out in under 15 secs.

Originally posted by CC
    Seagal is full of crap. The instructor which he claimed to have trained under in Japan was interviewed and said he never taught Seagal anything.

One stuntman got so sick of Seagal's nonsense on a movie set that he challenged Seagal. Seagal got caught in a choke hold and was knocked out in under 15 secs.
    CC, could you please give us a link from which you got the above information? Many thanks in advance.