Thread: Which wuxia hero did the most good?

Default Which wuxia hero did the most good?

Wuxia heroes are relentless do-gooders seeking to uphold justice, protect the innocent, and generally make life better for good people. Among wuxia heroes, who accomplished the most in terms of doing good deeds that benefitted many people?

Thumbs up

Probably Guo Jing. He and his family dedicated to protect the crumbling Song Dynasty, kept up the morale at Xiang Yang, and battled for most of his life for his country and his people. He battled till the last moment and then he died for his country.

Let's say he helped the whole Chinese population (Wu Lin + non Wu Lin).

Yang Guo. He did help Guo Jing twice in defending Xiang Yang from the Mongol invasion, and his sixteen years of wandering as the Divine Condor Hero, he provided justice for the people he met. But he did leave his people and nation to be with his wife, so I guess he loses in dedication to Guo Jing.

Zhang Wu Ji stopped the killing between the Ming Sect and the other six sects and brought peace to Wu Lin. He united the Wu Lin people against the Mongolians and defeated the Mongolians at Shaolin. But he never really went past defending when he was attacked and he handed everything to the wrong guy.

Compared to GJ, he just doesn't shine! But he did make Zhao Min leave, and made Mongolian lose a great strategist!!!!

I also think that worthy heroes would be Hong 7 Gong and Xiao Feng since they did lead the Beggar Clan to weaken the invaders before they met with the Song army.

Hong 7 Gong brought out the bravery and righteousness in his clan and encouraged doing good deeds within his clan. He also has killed a lot of bad people and thus save a lot of good people.

Xiao Feng used his friendship and life to make the Khitan Emperor Ye Lu Hong Ji cease his invasion of the Song, and saved the whole chinese population (Wu Lin + non-Wu Lin).

But GJ's good deeds had more emphasis in the novels, so I choose GJ!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I agree that GJ & HR should be the best of wuxia heroes.

Zhang Wuji. He knew when to step aside.

It would be bettween GJ, XF, and YG in my opinion. GJ has the best dedication out of them all, second is XF, and then YG's.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

I would say ZWJ, although he didn't do it on purpose. When he accepted the position as a leader of Ming Cult, he helped Ming Cult to redefine themselves. As a result, Ming Cult became stronger and stronger and capable of building Ming dynasty
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

well i would say yg in on par with gj do u seriously think gj would stick by xiang yang if hr wasn't there and he hasn't seen her in 16 yrs dreaming everynight about her, i don't think so. Also yg duid'nt abandoned xiang yang u do realise when he left xiang yang was at peace, we can't conclude that he knew the latter stages of the invasions who knows where he and xln went.

Originally posted by - L1n -
    well i would say yg in on par with gj do u seriously think gj would stick by xiang yang if hr wasn't there and he hasn't seen her in 16 yrs dreaming everynight about her, i don't think so.
    I do. Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor had different personalities and thus, different priorities. Gwok Jing loved Wong Yung dearly, but he still had ideals and goals independent of her. Remember that in LOCH, Gwok Jing spent a certain amount of time not knowing if Wong Yung were dead or alive; he spent this time helping Genghis Khan and the Mongol army wipe out the Jin Empire. For Yeung Gor, on the other hand, Little Dragon Girl was his entire reason for existing. Saving the country, helping people . . . Yeung Gor did these things, but only as an afterthought. He didn't live for it.

Originally posted by charbydis

Zhang Wu Ji stopped the killing between the Ming Sect and the other six sects and brought peace to Wu Lin. He united the Wu Lin people against the Mongolians and defeated the Mongolians at Shaolin. But he never really went past defending when he was attacked and he handed everything to the wrong guy.
    Some of Cheung Mo Gei's heroic moments take place on a smaller, more personal scale than they do for other Jin Yong heroes. The fifteen-year old Cheung Mo Gei, with barely any martial arts skills and dying of Yeun Ming Divine Palm poisoning, reunited little Yeung But Fui with her father Yeung Siu, risking his own life in the process. Cheung Mo Gei also avenged his 3rd and 6th uncles' (Mo Dong Heroes Yu Doi Nam and Yan Lei Ting) crippling, at the same time eliminating three menaces (Ah Dai, Ah 2, and Ah 3) from the martial world. Cheung Mo Gei cured his uncles' injuries, and even facilitated Yan Lei Ting and Yeung But Fui's marriage to set things right between Yan Lei Ting and Yeung Siu. Some of Cheung Mo Gei's most heroic moments were in the small kindnesses he showed the people.

I do. Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor had different personalities and thus, different priorities. Gwok Jing loved Wong Yung dearly, but he still had ideals and goals independent of her. Remember that in LOCH, Gwok Jing spent a certain amount of time not knowing if Wong Yung were dead or alive; he spent this time helping Genghis Khan and the Mongol army wipe out the Jin Empire. For Yeung Gor, on the other hand, Little Dragon Girl was his entire reason for existing. Saving the country, helping people . . . Yeung Gor did these things, but only as an afterthought. He didn't live for it.
    I agreed with Ken. I don't doubt GJ love for HR but while YG gives all for XLN, Guo Jing's first priority will always be for his country. HR knows this as well. She knows that when it comes to personal love, Guo Jing's love for her had never wavered but duty to the country will always be above personal needs.

EXCEPT FROM NODDLES TRANSLATIONS OF CHAPTER 22, ROCH
    Guo Jing’s face changed slightly and pulled Huang Rong, trying to hide her behind him.
    Huang Rong said, “Brother Jing, what’s more important, Xiang Yang or us? Are you more important or am I?”
    Guo Jing let Huang Rong go and said, “Yes, the country comes first!”

I took the above from Noddles' translation of ROCH to prove my point. This is when HR was pregnant with both GX and GPL and XLFW attacked. GJ who was worried about the pregnant HR tried to shield her but relented when he acknowledged that country comes first.

Based on the above, we can safely say that Guo Jing is the true hero.

I think HR loved Guo Jing because he wasn't anything like her father.

well, her father is pretty unique anyways, so there are not a lot of guys similar to him.

i think the hero who did the most good is Guo Jing.

Of course GJ