Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Wallace Chung (鍾漢良) - Page 12
Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 1230

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

  1. #221
    Senior Member Qin_Shu_Bao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    More pictures of Wallace :







  2. #222
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default Wallace...

    Looking at Wallace in period costumes makes me weak in the knees...I'm actually becoming jelloid.

    I recently discovered Wallace in Patriotic Knights (which, hello how much time can be wasted on a totally chemistry-less couple, namely Cheng Long and Xiao Qiang), and went gaga over him. Happy that he ended up with He Mei Tin, although there wasn't ENOUGH SCREENTIME for the two. Phooey.

    Anyway, really, really like seeing him in wuxias. Which series should I start with next: Ni Shui Han or the Four Detectives? Sadly, it appears that he ends up with no one in these two options.

    Am praying for a wuxia release where he's actually the lead and has a happy ending!

  3. #223
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    25

    Default

    It depends. If you like comical side of Wallace then definitely go the The Four detectives. It's the series that made me like Wallace. He's goofy in that one. But if you like to see the more serious and dare I say smexy quiet charm of Wallace then go for Ni Shui Han. He's hot there.

    Anyways, that's my 2 cents and hope that helped. =D

  4. #224
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Thanks, Delicate Tears. Both sound appealing. Mm...smexy...

    After just a little bit of Wallace research, I realized that he has played
    many different roles. I am used to most actors
    playing the same role because they've become type casted or they can't help
    but act either serious or goofy all the time (I love Dicky, but he's always goofy - Nic Tse is hottt, but he's wooden as a stick).

    But Wallace...wow - goofy, smexy, innocent, kind and silent. He's done all that and well.

    Mmm...

  5. #225
    Senior Member Lady Zhuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haras View Post
    Anyway, really, really like seeing him in wuxias. Which series should I start with next: Ni Shui Han or the Four Detectives? Sadly, it appears that he ends up with no one in these two options.
    It doesn't matter which one you watch first as long as you watch both of them eventually. Wallace does a great job in both as very different (but equally appealing) characters as delicate tears has summed up quite nicely. I personally watched Ni Shui Han first.

  6. #226
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Lady Zhuge - thanks! I'll probably start with Ni Shui Han (or maybe multi it).

    Wallace's latest series, Mei Gui Jiang Hu, what is it like? I've got the general idea of the story and characters, but I am curious as to what kind of character Wallace plays this time! And of course how it compares to the rest of his pieces.

    Also, isn't Wallace working on a new series, Nei Xian? Does anyone know what it is about? A modern film? Wuxia?
    Last edited by Haras; 08-02-09 at 01:59 AM. Reason: typo

  7. #227
    Senior Member Melanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,729

    Smile

    I just finished watching Ni Shui Han and discovered Wallace Chung! And as fate would have it, I log onto spcnet and find the Wallace Chung thread at the top of the Actors board. I guess Wallace is now my latest craze. I'm still head over heels in love with Qiao Zhen Yu, but that doesn't mean I can't love two men at once, right?

    A bit about Ni Shui Han... There are some spoilers, so DON'T read on if you don't want to know about spoilers!

    I thought the drama itself was fair. The scenes were often so dark, both literally and psychologically. I almost couldn't recognize Julian Cheung, for some reason, as he didn't look as baby-faced anymore. But Wallace Chung stole the show, in my opinion. For a villain, his character, Gu Xi Zhao, was incredibly sympathetic. I couldn't bring myself to hate Gu Xi Zhao, for everything he did, he did for his beloved wife, played by a very beautiful and lovely Song Jia. How could you loathe a man who obviously worshiped his wife? She had tried to foil his evil plans multiple times, and yet, never once had he yelled at her for siding with his enemies. I sometimes pitied him. The frequent dreams he had of losing his wife were a reflection of his fears that she would leave him one day for he felt that he was not good enough for her. It was perhaps also foreshadowing of their ending. He seemed so gentle and loving with his wife that it was almost a shock to see him transform into a murderer with his enemies. His villainous laugh was absolutely fabulous! And that dark, intense look of his! So sexy and dangerous!

    By the way, what's smexy? Is that a combination of the words smart and sexy?

  8. #228

  9. #229
    Senior Member Melanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,729

    Smile

    I found some hilarious clips of Wallace Chung on a show. He is truly a good sport when a practical joke is played on him and his shocked expressions are priceless.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ_uRw26F2E

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUgh9...eature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvl2l...eature=related

  10. #230
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Melanie,

    Thanks for the input on Ni Shui Han. I am about midway through and you are precisely right, Wallace's character is a sympathetic case. Man, he can be mean but there is absolutely no way to hate him - his character is complex and his motives are admirable. And of course, his expressions as the "bad guy" are to die for...

    I am just so amazed at how versatile Wallace is as an actor! I was watching a blip of Devildom and his character in there is funny, cheerful and rather slapstick. And then I switch to Ni Shui Han (the scene where he takes that beating) and am once again flabberghasted by how different these two characters are!

    Well, I'm not quite sure how to define smexy - I never thought about "smart and sexy" together but now that you mentioned it, that would make perfect sense. I always meant it as "sexy" but adding an "m" made it more..."smexy."

    P.S. Am going to spend the rest of the watching those videos - thansk!

  11. #231
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I found some hilarious clips of Wallace Chung on a show. He is truly a good sport when a practical joke is played on him and his shocked expressions are priceless.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ_uRw26F2E

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUgh9...eature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvl2l...eature=related
    I couldn't understand a lick of it, but just watching Wallace's expressions and (impersonations?) was so cute!

  12. #232
    Senior Member Melanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,729

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Haras View Post
    I couldn't understand a lick of it, but just watching Wallace's expressions and (impersonations?) was so cute!
    Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you couldn't understand mandarin. I can give you a brief summary of what's going on. My understanding of mandarin is limited, though, but I'll try my best to explain what's going on.

    clip#1
    The two hosts who appear at the beginning of the clip start off by introducing Wallace Chung to the audience as a very handsome young man. Not only that, he is rumored to be good humored enough to take a joke without getting angry. Therefore, they set out to prove this rumor. They invite him onto this show with the main intention of playing a practical joke on him. They ask him to be a guest news anchorman on a "news show." The hosts' partner in crime, the lady in the yellow cardigan, brings Wallace on stage and seats him on the news anchorman desk, giving him a stack of news notes for him to read off once they go on air. Meanwhile, backstage, the two hosts convey to the lady in yellow what to say. The lady tells Wallace that he needs to practice reading the news notes out loud so that they can make sure the acoustics are just right before going on air. So Wallace earnestly starts to read the notes out loud. Meanwhile, the lady in yellow and another partner in crime start flirting and holding hands in front of Wallace. The man says he loves the lady in yellow, but the lady says , "But I love Wallace Chung." And that's when Wallace freezes and stares at the lady, with his mouth dropping open. The man replies how he doesn't understand why she likes this Wallace Chung guy. And Wallace looks over at him and says, "But I'm Wallace Chung!"

    Next, a lady in red comes on stage with a box, asking for donations for charity. Everyone on the crew drops valuables into her box. The guy who was previously flirting with the lady in yellow drops his whole wallet into the box. Meanwhile, Wallace is sweating buckets, since he does not have his wallet with him. The lady with the box keeps staring at Wallace expectantly, waiting for him to make a donation. Wallace helplessly looks over at the lady in yellow and asks her if she can lend him some money. She replies that she cannot since she already donated all her money. Wallace looks back at the lady with the donation box helplessly. The lady asks Wallace to give her whatever he has on him that is valuable. He digs around in his pocket and decides to give her his microphone and recorder device. The lady in yellow suddenly objects and says, "You cannot donate that as it is company property." Poor Wallace then explains to the lady with the donation box that he has no money on him as he left his wallet in the employee/guest lounge. The lady pretends that she doesn't believe him and scolds him for refusing to donate to charity even though he has money. Wallace, at his wit's end, reaches down and takes off his shoe, saying, "I can give you my leather shoes." Haha.

    End of clip #1

    I will summarize the other two clips when I have more time.

  13. #233
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you couldn't understand mandarin. I can give you a brief summary of what's going on. My understanding of mandarin is limited, though, but I'll try my best to explain what's going on.

    clip#1
    The two hosts who appear at the beginning of the clip start off by introducing Wallace Chung to the audience as a very handsome young man. Not only that, he is rumored to be good humored enough to take a joke without getting angry. Therefore, they set out to prove this rumor. They invite him onto this show with the main intention of playing a practical joke on him. They ask him to be a guest news anchorman on a "news show." The hosts' partner in crime, the lady in the yellow cardigan, brings Wallace on stage and seats him on the news anchorman desk, giving him a stack of news notes for him to read off once they go on air. Meanwhile, backstage, the two hosts convey to the lady in yellow what to say. The lady tells Wallace that he needs to practice reading the news notes out loud so that they can make sure the acoustics are just right before going on air. So Wallace earnestly starts to read the notes out loud. Meanwhile, the lady in yellow and another partner in crime start flirting and holding hands in front of Wallace. The man says he loves the lady in yellow, but the lady says , "But I love Wallace Chung." And that's when Wallace freezes and stares at the lady, with his mouth dropping open. The man replies how he doesn't understand why she likes this Wallace Chung guy. And Wallace looks over at him and says, "But I'm Wallace Chung!"

    Next, a lady in red comes on stage with a box, asking for donations for charity. Everyone on the crew drops valuables into her box. The guy who was previously flirting with the lady in yellow drops his whole wallet into the box. Meanwhile, Wallace is sweating buckets, since he does not have his wallet with him. The lady with the box keeps staring at Wallace expectantly, waiting for him to make a donation. Wallace helplessly looks over at the lady in yellow and asks her if she can lend him some money. She replies that she cannot since she already donated all her money. Wallace looks back at the lady with the donation box helplessly. The lady asks Wallace to give her whatever he has on him that is valuable. He digs around in his pocket and decides to give her his microphone and recorder device. The lady in yellow suddenly objects and says, "You cannot donate that as it is company property." Poor Wallace then explains to the lady with the donation box that he has no money on him as he left his wallet in the employee/guest lounge. The lady pretends that she doesn't believe him and scolds him for refusing to donate to charity even though he has money. Wallace, at his wit's end, reaches down and takes off his shoe, saying, "I can give you my leather shoes." Haha.

    End of clip #1

    I will summarize the other two clips when I have more time.

    When you have more time?! You've done a wonderfully detailed and descriptive job of summarizing the first part (to the point where I can match up picture by picture, and nearly word for word ) so take your time!

    Gosh, Wallace is seriously adorable when flabbergasted and flustered.

  14. #234
    Senior Member Melanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,729

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Haras View Post
    When you have more time?! You've done a wonderfully detailed and descriptive job of summarizing the first part (to the point where I can match up picture by picture, and nearly word for word ) so take your time!
    Thanks for appreciating my efforts. It did take a while to summarize clip #1, but it was my pleasure to share what I enjoyed watching. If possible, I will find some time later on this week to summarize the other two clips. By the way, Haras, what language do you speak?

    I found some more music videos of Wallace Chung as Gu Xi Zhao in Ni Shui Han. Check them out. This guy is just too sexy for words. I've just discovered that I have a thing for wuxia bad boys.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRzh4Uve0gc

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G440mssdZW4

    Here are some romantic (and quite sad) music videos of Gu Xi Zhao (played by Wallace Chung) and Fu Wan Qing (played by Song Jia)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfb85D4xkD4

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbzNE...eature=related

    This music video of Ni Shui Han features a song sung by Wallace Chung. He has a nice voice.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFUpHbFhj8g

  15. #235
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Melanie-

    That would be wonderful! I can't wait to finally "understand" why Wallace was acting like a girl sometimes...

    Mmm...you're right, wuxia bad boys (when there are ones) have a thing about them. Yay! Thank you for the wonderful videos again. And Wallace does have a nice voice, do you have any particular recommendations for one of his songs?

  16. #236
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Melanie (and others!)-

    You may have see this already, but if not, I want to share Wallace's little dance! So cute!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjoqn...eature=related

  17. #237
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    25

    Default

    @ Melanie and Haras
    You guys made Wallace's thread so interesting!!!

    Yay to Melanie for giving a detailed summary of the clip. Sometimes, I wished I could understand Mandarin. I was laughing the whole way while reading your summary and omg it is very descriptive ahaha. Thanks Melanie for your posts about Wallace videos. Thanks god you posted these cos I was in need of some serious eye candy.

    About the word 'smexy' I haven't really thought what the word meant but smart + sexy combination probably explains it. Then again, I like to think that there's no rational explanation as to how the word 'smexy' came about. 'smexy' just sounds to me more sexy than the word 'sexy' lol.

  18. #238
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by delicate_tears View Post
    @ Melanie and Haras
    You guys made Wallace's thread so interesting!!!

    Yay to Melanie for giving a detailed summary of the clip. Sometimes, I wished I could understand Mandarin. I was laughing the whole way while reading your summary and omg it is very descriptive ahaha. Thanks Melanie for your posts about Wallace videos. Thanks god you posted these cos I was in need of some serious eye candy.

    About the word 'smexy' I haven't really thought what the word meant but smart + sexy combination probably explains it. Then again, I like to think that there's no rational explanation as to how the word 'smexy' came about. 'smexy' just sounds to me more sexy than the word 'sexy' lol.
    Yes, thank you Melanie!

    Delicate Tears - doesn't the word "smexy" just roll off the tongue like - like - kinda like a buttery steam engine (whatever that means)? Tehe... Anyway, Wallace Chung in Ni Shui Han is just that: sexy, smart and steamy.

    I don't know if you saw the video I posted up - I don't understand a lick of Mandarin either (thank you Melanie!) but the video I found with Wallace dancing and shaking his hips (soo cute!) is self explanatory enough, I think. Very fun to watch

  19. #239
    Senior Member LiYuanZhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    375

    Default

    YAY! More Wallace fans.

    Just to randomly add my two cents, if you're a fan of wallace, I reccomend:

    1) Kang Xi Mi Shi (康熙秘史): Wallace plays the manchurian poet, Nalan Xingde (纳兰性德). I absolutely absolutely love him in here, though I may be somewhat biased because nalan is one of my favourite chinese poets. Such fantastic acting... *tear*... But some people may find the manchurian attire a little hard to get used to.
    2) Duke of Mt Deer 08: ZJZ's adaptation, in which Wallace plays Kang Xi. The series itself is pretty boring if you know the story from top to bottom already, but wallace is just an absolute star.
    3) Shang Hai Wang: Crappy storyline, but Wallace looks damn hot in here in a suit. I find his character, Ah Qi, a bit weak though, but he makes it up with the cuteness.
    4) Wu Yie Yang Guang (午夜阳光): I have yet to get my hands on this. It's a modern series, and Wallace just looks abosutely gorgeous. Plus, I think this series is a little old, so Wallace looks very young.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

  20. #240
    Senior Member Melanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    3,729

    Smile

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUgh9...eature=related

    Ok, here's the summary for the clip above (clip#2). I have some problems understanding some parts of this clip (the actual news stories Wallace Chung is reporting) because of the background laughter and my limited understanding of Mandarin. However, I'll give it my best effort, but keep in mind that I could have made some mistakes.

    clip#2

    The clip starts off with Wallace Chung introducing himself as the guest news anchorman. He then launches into the first news story about a Miss Chow who attempted to board an airplane with durian fruit. However, before he could continue his reporting, the two show hosts hiding backstage communicate to the news team crew members to get Wallace to enlarge his eyes. Thus, the lady in the yellow cardigan taps loudly on the cue card in her hand, trying to get Wallace's attention. As Wallace glances over with a confused look on his face, he notices that the cue card reads, "Enlarge your eyes!" And so, Wallace widens his eyes, trying to make his eyes pop out. As he continues on with the story, with his bulging eyes, he goes on to explain that Miss Chow was detained by the airport security as her durian had too strong an odor. Just as Wallace is going to report Miss Chow's response, the lady in yellow (directed by the two hosts backstage) taps on her cue card again, this time asking Wallace to speak in a gentler tone. And so, Wallace's voice softens, as he reports that Miss Chow asked the airport personnel to detain the plane a bit, as she will quickly finish up her durian. However, by the time she finished eating her durian, the flight had left. The next story talks about a man who was expecting good weather but walked out his door to find an oddity in the sky - 5 moons arching across the heavens. During this second news story, poor Wallace was first asked to act angry and then to act flirtatious and effeminate.

    This then brings the segment to intermission. The guy who was flirting with the lady in yellow in clip #1 exclaims, "Good job, everyone! Let's take a break." Next, a man in a burgundy colored shirt with glasses comes onto stage and chats with Wallace. The burgundy shirt man compliments Wallace on a good job. He then introduces himself as one of the crew members on the show and confesses to Wallace that he wishes to become a comedian. He asks Wallace to hear out his jokes and give him his opinion. Hence, the man tells three awful jokes that aren't funny at all and don't make sense. First joke - "I have a friend named Little Vegetable who was cut away." Second joke - "Today, I ate 10 meals. Hence, everyone called me a rice barrel." Third joke - "During a beautiful bright day, Little Ming lost both his legs in a car accident." Meanwhile, a myriad of expressions flashes across Wallace's face, as he secretly thinks to himself, "Huh?! You call this funny?!"

    Commercial break

    As they come back from commercial break, the man who was previously flirting with the lady in yellow in clip #1 approaches Wallace and the man in the burgundy shirt. The burgundy shirt man explains to his co-worker that he is trying his jokes out on Wallace. At this moment, Wallace lies through his teeth, "Yes, yes, I can see traces of Stephen Chow in you!" (FYI - Just in case you aren't familiar with Stephen Chow, he is a very funny actor known for his comedic roles in movies.) The man who was previously flirting with the lady in yellow interjects, "But how come I didn't see Wallace laugh??" The burgundy shirt man responds, "Wallace told me I'm not funny." His co-worker then asks the burgundy shirt man to retell his jokes for him and the other co-workers. And so the comedian wannabe retells his three awful jokes. On cue, the three other crew members drop to the floor, laughing uproariously. Confused, Wallace looks at them in confusion, still missing the punch line. Wallace honestly expresses that he doesn't think the jokes are that funny. The flirtatious man in clip #1 replies to Wallace, "I don't think you have much of a sense of humor." Wallace laughs, not sure how to respond to that.

    Then, it's back to work as the news show goes back on the air. The two hosts backstage ask the crew member to countdown from 100. Wallace looks flabbergasted, unsure why the countdown is from 100, rather than from 10. Then, Wallace starts reporting the third news story about a small spider with a human face. (I'm not too sure what's going on with this third news story, so I can't comment much on it.) During this third story, Wallace is asked to first imitate an elderly person and then a child. (Notice Wallace cackling like a senior citizen. ) I'm not too sure what the fourth news story is about, either. The gist of the story is about some man discussing about what he wants in a wife. During the reporting of the fourth story, Wallace is asked to take on a feminine voice. At first, he is too loud, and so the crew members keep whispering to him to lower his voice. Then, he is asked to imitate a foreigner's accent while speaking Mandarin.

    Finally, this brings us to the end of the news story segment. The flirtatious man in clip #1 yells, "Cut! All right, good job, everyone! We have prepared some fish ball soup for everyone as a snack!"

    end of clip #2

Similar Threads

  1. Perfect Couple 《金玉良缘》 - Wallace Huo, Tang Yan, Huang Ming
    By Liu Xiao Xiao in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 09-21-16, 04:40 PM
  2. Xia Gu Dan Xin [Chen Long, Wallace Chung, He Mei Tian]
    By Lady Zhuge in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-08-13, 10:26 PM
  3. The Battlefield 《楚河漢界》 (1985)
    By Suet Seung in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-16-12, 04:15 AM
  4. The Conqueror's Story 《楚漢驕雄》
    By yulingfung in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 733
    Last Post: 11-29-07, 06:10 AM
  5. The Mark of Triumph 《92鍾無豔》
    By teddybear in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-19-06, 09:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •