Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

Smile

Haras: Thanks for posting that link of Wallace dancing. I haven't seen it before. His impromptu "commercials" are quite funny.

Delicate tears: I'm glad you like the summary of the clip of Wallace on the news show. Hopefully, I'll find some time to summarize clip #3.

LiYuanZhi: Thanks for all those suggestions of Wallace series! I checked out some MV's of Wallace in Kang Xi Mi Shi on youtube, and he looks so handsome! I think he looks better than the actor who plays the emperor. However, I still prefer Wallace in non-Manchu dynasty period costume, like in Ni Shui Han. Ah, how can he be so handsome?! I wonder if he's dating anyone.

By the way, everyone, I just found a youtube video of Wallace in some dancing competition (kind of like Dancing with the Stars broadcasting in the United States). Check it out. Wow, he can dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vzgk...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by LiYuanZhi View Post
    YAY! More Wallace fans.

Just to randomly add my two cents, if you're a fan of wallace, I reccomend:

1) Kang Xi Mi Shi (康熙秘史): Wallace plays the manchurian poet, Nalan Xingde (纳兰性德). I absolutely absolutely love him in here, though I may be somewhat biased because nalan is one of my favourite chinese poets. Such fantastic acting... *tear*... But some people may find the manchurian attire a little hard to get used to.
    2) Duke of Mt Deer 08: ZJZ's adaptation, in which Wallace plays Kang Xi. The series itself is pretty boring if you know the story from top to bottom already, but wallace is just an absolute star.
    3) Shang Hai Wang: Crappy storyline, but Wallace looks damn hot in here in a suit. I find his character, Ah Qi, a bit weak though, but he makes it up with the cuteness.
    4) Wu Yie Yang Guang (午夜阳光): I have yet to get my hands on this. It's a modern series, and Wallace just looks abosutely gorgeous. Plus, I think this series is a little old, so Wallace looks very young.
    Thank you, thank you for the summaries and input. This will definitely help in the next Wallace-film selecting!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUgh9...eature=related

Ok, here's the summary for the clip above (clip#2). I have some problems understanding some parts of this clip (the actual news stories Wallace Chung is reporting) because of the background laughter and my limited understanding of Mandarin. However, I'll give it my best effort, but keep in mind that I could have made some mistakes.

clip#2

The clip starts off with Wallace Chung introducing himself as the guest news anchorman. He then launches into the first news story about a Miss Chow who attempted to board an airplane with durian fruit. However, before he could continue his reporting, the two show hosts hiding backstage communicate to the news team crew members to get Wallace to enlarge his eyes. Thus, the lady in the yellow cardigan taps loudly on the cue card in her hand, trying to get Wallace's attention. As Wallace glances over with a confused look on his face, he notices that the cue card reads, "Enlarge your eyes!" And so, Wallace widens his eyes, trying to make his eyes pop out. As he continues on with the story, with his bulging eyes, he goes on to explain that Miss Chow was detained by the airport security as her durian had too strong an odor. Just as Wallace is going to report Miss Chow's response, the lady in yellow (directed by the two hosts backstage) taps on her cue card again, this time asking Wallace to speak in a gentler tone. And so, Wallace's voice softens, as he reports that Miss Chow asked the airport personnel to detain the plane a bit, as she will quickly finish up her durian. However, by the time she finished eating her durian, the flight had left. The next story talks about a man who was expecting good weather but walked out his door to find an oddity in the sky - 5 moons arching across the heavens. During this second news story, poor Wallace was first asked to act angry and then to act flirtatious and effeminate.

This then brings the segment to intermission. The guy who was flirting with the lady in yellow in clip #1 exclaims, "Good job, everyone! Let's take a break." Next, a man in a burgundy colored shirt with glasses comes onto stage and chats with Wallace. The burgundy shirt man compliments Wallace on a good job. He then introduces himself as one of the crew members on the show and confesses to Wallace that he wishes to become a comedian. He asks Wallace to hear out his jokes and give him his opinion. Hence, the man tells three awful jokes that aren't funny at all and don't make sense. First joke - "I have a friend named Little Vegetable who was cut away." Second joke - "Today, I ate 10 meals. Hence, everyone called me a rice barrel." Third joke - "During a beautiful bright day, Little Ming lost both his legs in a car accident." Meanwhile, a myriad of expressions flashes across Wallace's face, as he secretly thinks to himself, "Huh?! You call this funny?!"

Commercial break

As they come back from commercial break, the man who was previously flirting with the lady in yellow in clip #1 approaches Wallace and the man in the burgundy shirt. The burgundy shirt man explains to his co-worker that he is trying his jokes out on Wallace. At this moment, Wallace lies through his teeth, "Yes, yes, I can see traces of Stephen Chow in you!" (FYI - Just in case you aren't familiar with Stephen Chow, he is a very funny actor known for his comedic roles in movies.) The man who was previously flirting with the lady in yellow interjects, "But how come I didn't see Wallace laugh??" The burgundy shirt man responds, "Wallace told me I'm not funny." His co-worker then asks the burgundy shirt man to retell his jokes for him and the other co-workers. And so the comedian wannabe retells his three awful jokes. On cue, the three other crew members drop to the floor, laughing uproariously. Confused, Wallace looks at them in confusion, still missing the punch line. Wallace honestly expresses that he doesn't think the jokes are that funny. The flirtatious man in clip #1 replies to Wallace, "I don't think you have much of a sense of humor." Wallace laughs, not sure how to respond to that.

Then, it's back to work as the news show goes back on the air. The two hosts backstage ask the crew member to countdown from 100. Wallace looks flabbergasted, unsure why the countdown is from 100, rather than from 10. Then, Wallace starts reporting the third news story about a small spider with a human face. (I'm not too sure what's going on with this third news story, so I can't comment much on it.) During this third story, Wallace is asked to first imitate an elderly person and then a child. (Notice Wallace cackling like a senior citizen. ) I'm not too sure what the fourth news story is about, either. The gist of the story is about some man discussing about what he wants in a wife. During the reporting of the fourth story, Wallace is asked to take on a feminine voice. At first, he is too loud, and so the crew members keep whispering to him to lower his voice. Then, he is asked to imitate a foreigner's accent while speaking Mandarin.

Finally, this brings us to the end of the news story segment. The flirtatious man in clip #1 yells, "Cut! All right, good job, everyone! We have prepared some fish ball soup for everyone as a snack!"

end of clip #2
    Once again, Melanie, you've done a wonderful and fully appreciated job of summarizing the clips. Thank you so much. Wallace is even cuter now that I understand what is happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Haras: Thanks for posting that link of Wallace dancing. I haven't seen it before. His impromptu "commercials" are quite funny.

Delicate tears: I'm glad you like the summary of the clip of Wallace on the news show. Hopefully, I'll find some time to summarize clip #3.

LiYuanZhi: Thanks for all those suggestions of Wallace series! I checked out some MV's of Wallace in Kang Xi Mi Shi on youtube, and he looks so handsome! I think he looks better than the actor who plays the emperor. However, I still prefer Wallace in non-Manchu dynasty period costume, like in Ni Shui Han. Ah, how can he be so handsome?! I wonder if he's dating anyone.

By the way, everyone, I just found a youtube video of Wallace in some dancing competition (kind of like Dancing with the Stars broadcasting in the United States). Check it out. Wow, he can dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vzgk...eature=related
    Yeah, I personally find Wallace the cutest in Ni Shui Han garb (although in modern time he does look especially cute). At first I thought that the curls in Ni Shui Han were a bit much, but after watching Wallace in action as the bad boy, it was so right.

I wonder who the lucky girl is, if Wallace is taken.

Ah!!! He's doing the tango (favorite dance). He can dance

Smile

Oh my god, check out Wallace Chung in 1994 when he was still with TVB! He's the guy in the blue shirt! He looked so adorable. I like him more now, though. More manly. You know, I always thought he spoke Mandarin with an accent (like I do). Now I know why. He speaks Cantonese, probably his native tongue!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZgJ8...eature=related

Smile

Here's another beautiful MV of Gu Xi Zhao (Wallace Chung) and Fu Wan Qing in Ni Shui Han.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/xswhIFKnqLc/

WHOA! Wallace overload . Adding yet another hottie to your list huh, Mel? I really enjoy some of the MVs. Thanks for posting.

Wallace is quite handsome in Ni Shui Han, but I'm totally not digging the curls (make him look too feminine). Although they are not as bad as Vincent's perm in Dagger Lee (he had curls AND highlights ). Why do costume designers always want to mess with a good wig .

The actress playing his wife in NSH is quite beautiful. Looks kinda like Chen Hao at certain angles. I still prefer to see Wallace with Sun Fei Fei

Smile

Hey, tweety! I don't know why, but every time you find me posting in a thread other than my story thread, I feel guilty about spending my time drooling over handsome actors rather than diligently updating my story. Then, I scuttle back to my laptop to type up a few more pages of the next chapter (which is exactly what I am doing right now). And I keep saying we'll meet up, but then I get swamped at work and with studying and I forget. Sorry!

Back to topic, I agree I was a bit bothered by Wallace's curls in Ni Shui Han. I prefer the traditional straight hairstyles on the men in the martial arts dramas. But after watching a few episodes of Ni Shui Han, I was able to overlook the curls on Wallace, because the man himself was so hot. Yes, I do think the actress who plays his wife in the drama is very beautiful. She and Wallace make quite a gorgeous pair in Ni Shui Han.

By the way, everyone, here's a MV I found on youtube of Wallace as Nalan Xingde in Kang Xi Mi Shi with Hu Jing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_EeT...eature=related

Mel, I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for an update on your story, but I feel bad if I badger you about it . With you being so busy and all, no need to rush on the chapter. And we can meet when you are free.

Thanks for sharing that MV of Wallace & Hu Jing. I don't like Wallace in Qing attire. The half bald head doesn't do his looks any justice. And who came up with that dinky little mustache? He doesn't look any older with it, just weird. My hands itch to scrub it off his face. I saw the vcds at my video store, but with such a sad ending, I didn't get them.

Regarding his curls, I keep thinking how much more awesome he would look with a better wig. Btw, did his character die in Ni Shui Han? I saw the wife died in one MV, but I'm curious about his ending. What happened to Julian's character? I don't plan on watching the series, so any info is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by tweety365; 08-24-09 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Regarding his curls, I keep thinking how much more awesome he would look with a better wig. Btw, did his character die in Ni Shui Han? I saw the wife died in one MV, but I'm curious about his ending. What happened to Julian's character? I don't plan on watching the series, so any info is greatly appreciated.
    It seems like I'm the only one here, but I liked Wallace's curls in Ni Shui Han. They did take a bit of getting used to at first, but I thought he pulled the look off very well. I won't go into details about the ending, but
    click to show/hide spoilers
    no, Wallace's character didn't die, but he was severely injured. Julian's character got a happy ending, presumably with his lady.

thanks for the spoiler, lady zhuge! that's all i needed to know .

i hate sad endings, but since wallace took on the role of villain, it's pretty much a given that his will be a tragic end.

Smile

Hey tweety! Here are some spoilers for Ni Shui Han regarding Gu Xi Zhao (Wallace's character):

Gu Xi Zhao was an intelligent and very proud man from very humble origins. He met his wife, Fu Wan Xing, during one of his flying dagger performances in the marketplace (his way of panhandling for money). He was asking for a volunteer in the audience to be his target. Wan Qing, who was suffering from a broken heart at the time, agreed to be his dagger target, in hopes that Gu Xi Zhao would miss and kill her with one of his daggers. Of course, being the good martial artist that he was, he did not miss. Everyone in the audience clapped, very impressed with his flying dagger skill - everyone, that was, except for Fu Wan Qing. As Gu Xi Zhao rushed toward her, all smiles, she slapped him, asking him why he did not miss and kill her. As she ran off, he followed her, already besotted with her beauty and grace. He trailed after her from that day on, already in love with her. Eventually, he won her over with his persistence. They fell in love and married. But her family never truly accepted him, scorning his humble background, mocking him for marrying a young woman leagues above him in society. Proud, he vowed to not consummate the marriage until he could prove to Wan Qing and her family that he was worthy of marrying her, of loving her. He promised to make a name for himself in the martial arts world, to become someone with power and status. And hence, he turned evil, killing innocents at the bidding of his villainous father-in-law, in order to win his father-in-law's favor. Even when his wife begged him to stop his evil doings, he continued, believing it would be the only way to prove to everyone that he could be a suitable husband for the beautiful and rich Fu Wan Qing. Sadly, he failed to understand that Wan Qing loved him, for richer or for poorer. To her, he was already a hero, as long as he lived as an honest and good person. When she committed suicide in the end, he finally realized, too late, that power and status were but empty prizes when the only person he loved most in the world was no longer by his side. He survived in the end, but his fate was probably worse than death, as he had to live on alone, in sorrow and regret, without his beloved Wan Qing.

By the way, tweety, I never take offense when readers "badger" me for updates on my story. I take it as a compliment that someone wants to read the story enough to take time to "badger" me for more chapters.

I didn't like the mustache on Wallace in Kang Xi Mi Shi, either! However, I did think he was the most dashing of all the men in the series! Regarding curls on men's hairstyles in period costume dramas... I don't know who put that idea in the costume and makeup/hair crew! I could just kill that person! Why would you want to ruin a hot guy's perfectly handsome looks with curls?!

^ Thanks for the detailed summary Mel . What a depressing tale. I'm not in the mood for sad endings nowadays. Need comedies to cheer myself up. Plus, with all the MVs I've watched, I'm sure I'm not missing much.

But I do miss your updates. Of course, family and work are more important. Well, great minds think alike. Costume designers are making the men in ancient series too feminine these days. I suppose the metro-sexual look is in.

Ahh I'm already missing the interesting conversations with Wallace som time ago. Wallace fans please come back and fangirl!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    ^ Thanks for the detailed summary Mel . What a depressing tale. I'm not in the mood for sad endings nowadays. Need comedies to cheer myself up. Plus, with all the MVs I've watched, I'm sure I'm not missing much.

But I do miss your updates. Of course, family and work are more important. Well, great minds think alike. Costume designers are making the men in ancient series too feminine these days. I suppose the metro-sexual look is in.
    Tweety, although you don't like a depressing tale, I think you should give Ni Shui Han a try someday. Gu Xi Zhao (Wallace Chung's character) is one of those multi-faceted villains that you can't help but like. In fact, I like Gu Xi Zhao so much because he reminds me very much of Yelut Honam (Gilbert Lam) from Heroine of the Yangs, one of my all time favorite villains. They both have earned themselves a special place in my heart because, no matter how evil they are, no matter how ruthless their actions are, they possess very human weaknesses and flaws. They are not perfectly evil, nor are they perfectly good. They have feelings and hopes. They are ambitious, vicious and brutal, and yet so attractive in that they can love a woman so completely and devotedly. I think you'll like Gu Xi Zhao, tweety.

About my update for my story... I'm up to page 8 (on Microsoft document) for the next chapter. I'm actually holding back on posting immediately. I want to write more, make the chapter longer. I keep getting complaints that my chapters are too short. Perhaps, I'm losing my touch (not that my touch was ever that great to begin with). I just hope the next chapter will live up to readers' expectations.

LATEST NEWS.

Wallace's next TV series will start filming next month. It is called 来不及说我爱你 (rough translation-not enough time to tell you that I love you). It's set in the 1900's. He will be costarring with Li Xiao Ran. Also in the production are Qi Fang (whom he costarred with in Huo Xian Zhui Zong) and Tan Kai (谭凯). Other actors and actresses are yet to be confirmed. The director is 曾丽珍, who has produced series like 上书房, 凤穿牡丹, 又见一帘幽梦.

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED.

Why?

Because this TV series is based on an online novel that is by one of my favourite authors (匪我思存), who specializes in writing tragic romances, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. It's original name (which I like a lot more and find to be much more appropriate) is 碧甃沉 (which is much beyond my ability to translate properly). Wallace plays the leading male character, who is called MuRong Feng (慕容沣) or 慕容沛林, also known as 六少.

Synopsis of the novel:

这是一张年久泛黄的旧日相片,见证那个烽火乱世,枭雄佳人。
      为了相救未婚夫许建彰,尹静琬只身前往承州,却意外与裂土封疆的军阀慕容沣互生倾慕之心。在许尹大婚之 日,慕容冒奇险入敌境,只为带尹离去,情之所至令她弃婚出走,心甘情愿地随他奔波辗转于烽火之 间。
      然而两情缱绻抵不过万里江山,慕容与程家的政治联姻终迫她离家去国。此去经年,重来相见,戎马半生换得 天下在握,却痛失一生挚爱……

A long faded old photo that remains tribute to a story of love in a time of chaos and war.
    To save her fiance Xu Jian Bin, Jin Jing Wan left home and travelled solitarily to Cheng Zhou, the capital of the enemy's country. Through a chance encounter, she met Mu Rong Feng, the general governing Cheng Zhou, and they fell in love. However, knowing that they could not be suited, she told him that she did not love him. Yet on the day of the marriage between Jin Jing Wan and Xu Jian Bin, Mu Rong Feng travelled deep into the territory of the enemy, with the sole purpose of hoping to convince Jing Wan to leave with him. Deeply moved by his love, Jing Wan abonded her marriage, her family and country, to be with him. Yet love is not enough to overweigh the appeal of power. In the end, Mu Rong Feng chose a political marriage with the Chen family over Jing Wan. Despairing from the betrayal, and with nowhere to turn to, Jing Wan was forced to leave the country. A love story in a time of chaos, where love does not conquer all, where love is sacrified for power, where in the end, one regrets having not chosen true love and realizing it only once it was too late.

Please excuse my totally crappy translation. It's a BEAUTIFUL TRAGIC story that had me sobbing in tears. I think they'll make a lot of changes in the TV adaptation, but trust, me, this character will be AWESOME.

For anyone who is proficient in Chinese, I'll provide a link where you can read the novel:
    http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=31816

PS. If you notice, my signature quote is from this novel.
    Last edited by LiYuanZhi; 10-25-09 at 08:36 AM.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

Thanks so much for the update, LYZ! The title sounds kinda sappy, but the storyline seems promising. Li Xiao Ran is really good in tragic love stories and I hope she'll have chemistry with Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Thanks so much for the update, LYZ! The title sounds kinda sappy, but the storyline seems promising. Li Xiao Ran is really good in tragic love stories and I hope she'll have chemistry with Wallace.
    Long time no see Lady Zhuge!

Ah... I'm so excited I've been hanging around the author's fan forum and also Wallace's baidu forum for days. (There's been rumours that this was going to be Wallace's new show but nothing official had yet been confirmed- now it is! YAY!)

The original title of the book (when it was online, is 碧甃沉). And there's a really beautiful explanation for the title too.
    甃,原是指砌成井壁的砖,碧甃沉这名字,望过去,便是沉在井底的一段心事。
    井底引银瓶,银瓶欲上丝绳绝。石上磨玉簪,玉簪欲成中央折。瓶沉簪折知奈何,似妾今朝与君别。
    这便是静琬与六少的写照。

Unfortunately, when it was published, the publishers probably thought that it would sell better with a more 'appealing name', hence renamed it to 来不及说我爱你. When the second edition of the book came out, the original name was used again. Sadly, the TV series seems to have gone with the sappy title. But still, there is the chance that they might still change it.

~*~

On a totally offtopic note, I've also been following the new San Guo. Hm... I don't think I will like the new Cao Cao very much- they've tried too hard to make him a 'better' person, and that has just made CC lost some of his original appeal as a character. I also don't think Lu Yi's Zhu Ge Liang will be able to match Tang Guo Qian'gs, but I'm going to reserve my final judgement until I watch it. On the other hand, I do like some of the changes they're making to Sun Ce's character, I think he'll feature a lot more prominently in the new show.
    Last edited by LiYuanZhi; 10-26-09 at 06:50 AM.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

Yes, it's been awhile. I hope things are going well for you (and it seems like they are since you have so much time to devote to forum "stalking." ). I like the original title 'cause it actually sounds, well, original - but I guess 来不及说我爱你 would have more mass appeal. Please post pics when they become available!

I don't like the new Cao Cao actor either. Actually, none of the main cast members really appeal to me, so I'm just going to cross my fingers and await the final product. Lu Yi actually looks better than I'd anticipated, but to me, TGQ will always be THE Kongming. It'll be the shock of the century if that ever changes in my book.