Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

Quote Originally Posted by genna View Post
    I know right? He is an amazing actor, and yet I constantly see comments from people who say that his acting is like a block of wood. People who say that have obviously not seen Wallace act, at all.
    People who say that Wallace can't act are probably guys whose girlfriends are drooling over Wallace.

I especially love and appreciate his crying scenes, which I think is the most difficult emotion to convey for most actors.
    Have you seen Kang Xi Mi Shi before? Wallace's character Nalan Xingde had quite a few emotional/crying scenes in there. He looked so scholarly and dignified crying in that drama. I don't know how else to describe it. Interestingly, I saw an interview for Kang Xi Mi Shi and Wallace mentioned that he admired Hu Jing, who could giggle joyously off screen one instant and then could cry at the drop of a hat the next minute on camera. He admitted that he could not do that. In fact, he said with embarrassment that once the whole cast had to wait for a few hours for him to shed a few tears. He said he felt really bad holding everyone up.

In a backstage clip of Royal Tramp, in which Wallace played Emperor Kang Xi, I saw him stare curiously at Huang Xiao Ming as Huang was asking one of the crew to blow cigarette smoke into his eyes to get him to start crying. Then as Huang Xiao Ming walked away crying, Wallace sauntered over and asked the same crew member to blow smoke into his eyes, too! Of course, Wallace grimaced once the smoke hit his eyes.

Yes, I think so too. Those characters are interesting, and normally with those type of characters, it makes the story more compelling as well. I'm really curious about what Wallace's next project will be. ^^
    Maybe he's going to concentrate more on movies now, especially if his role in Drug War is well-received by the audience. I can't imagine him speaking Mandarin to the rest of the actors and the crew. Since it's a HK film, he'll definitely be speaking Cantonese! In fact, I bet Louis Koo's Mandarin is worse than Wallace's. Can you imagine Wallace and Louis communicating to each other through gesturing and broken Mandarin when they could simply use Cantonese, which they are both fluent in?

haha! I know the feeling... I did that once and it was so awkward turning on my laptop in public...
    That must have been so embarrassing for you! Hahaha! Imagine turning on your laptop and BAM! There's bare-chested Wallace.

omg.. yes I love that music video. lol, I actually did not like the song before, but after I watched the MV... oh man. haha, whenever I hear that song now I would be able to visualize that MV in my head. There should be a MV for each one of his songs, that way I'll like all of them
    I didn't like that song, too, and still don't really like, although it's growing on me a bit. But who's paying attention to the song when the MV is so suggestive and sexy?

Quote Originally Posted by xia0yuer View Post
    Reading your caption to the picture just made it 100x hotter.
    Wow, thanks! I didn't know my words have such power. Tweety once mentioned that I am like a Christian missionary, except that instead of promoting religion, I promote Wallace Chung and try to get people to fall in love with him.

Every time I get bored or unfocused, I just clear my desktop to stare at him a few seconds, which usually results in me smiling idiotically.
    Oh, you really have a BAD case of the Wallace-Chung-adoring disease!

I've seen the full body picture but I didn't know it was from an MV. *runs off to go watch it now*
    If you can't find the MV, I'll try to look for it and post it here.

All this gushing about Wallace suddenly has inspired me to update my Wallace fanfic! See ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Have you seen Kang Xi Mi Shi before? Wallace's character Nalan Xingde had quite a few emotional/crying scenes in there. He looked so scholarly and dignified crying in that drama.
    I have not watched Kang Xi Mi Shi, I'm hesitant cause he's not the main character, is he? The more I like an actor, the more difficult it is for me to watch a drama/movie where he's not the central character, or is either the antagonist. It makes me frustrated, and even fast-forwarding doesn't help. lol, watching the 'cut' version of those dramas with only Wallace is a bit better though.

In a backstage clip of Royal Tramp, in which Wallace played Emperor Kang Xi, I saw him stare curiously at Huang Xiao Ming as Huang was asking one of the crew to blow cigarette smoke into his eyes to get him to start crying. Then as Huang Xiao Ming walked away crying, Wallace sauntered over and asked the same crew member to blow smoke into his eyes, too! Of course, Wallace grimaced once the smoke hit his eyes.
    lmao! Do you know where I can watch that clip, that sounds hilarious XD

Maybe he's going to concentrate more on movies now, especially if his role in Drug War is well-received by the audience. I can't imagine him speaking Mandarin to the rest of the actors and the crew. Since it's a HK film, he'll definitely be speaking Cantonese! In fact, I bet Louis Koo's Mandarin is worse than Wallace's. Can you imagine Wallace and Louis communicating to each other through gesturing and broken Mandarin when they could simply use Cantonese, which they are both fluent in?
    That's possible, but I'm still skeptical about how much screen time he'll have in the movie. And I have this fear that he'll get killed off pretty quickly. *hides* lol... it would be incredibly funny though if I can see Wallace and Louis communicating in broken Mandarin!

I didn't like that song, too, and still don't really like, although it's growing on me a bit. But who's paying attention to the song when the MV is so suggestive and sexy?
    lol, and what's funny is I never paid attention to the lyrics until I watched the MV (heck, I think I only listened to the song halfway). haha when I saw the MV though, I was like oh sexy Wallace, I likey! This is now a good song! I am a visual animal as well....

Talking

I have not watched Kang Xi Mi Shi, I'm hesitant cause he's not the main character, is he? The more I like an actor, the more difficult it is for me to watch a drama/movie where he's not the central character, or is either the antagonist. It makes me frustrated, and even fast-forwarding doesn't help. lol, watching the 'cut' version of those dramas with only Wallace is a bit better though.
    Despite technically being the second male lead behind Xia Yu (who played Kang Xi), Wallace got a LOT of screen time in that series. Also, it was almost as if he were the first male lead, since all the female characters fell in love with him rather than with Xia Yu's Kang Xi. Of course, Nalan Xingde was suppose to be a handsome and intelligent scholar in history and women apparently swooned over such men. In that Kang Xi Mi Shi interview, the interviewer asked if Wallace thought Nalan was handsome, and Wallace had this confused look on his face and answered, "I suppose his looks were passable..."

Anyway, the series itself was pretty boring to me with no fighting scenes. (I love wuxia.) However, I still watched it for Wallace.

lmao! Do you know where I can watch that clip, that sounds hilarious XD
    Sorry, I can't remember if it's on youtube or on tudou. In that same backstage clip, you could see Wallace and Huang Xiao Ming sitting around during their break time, comparing their bald heads and discussing the length of time it takes for their hair to regrow a certain number of inches. They're pretty goofy off screen.

That's possible, but I'm still skeptical about how much screen time he'll have in the movie. And I have this fear that he'll get killed off pretty quickly. *hides* lol... it would be incredibly funny though if I can see Wallace and Louis communicating in broken Mandarin!
    Awww! I want Wallace to have more screen time! But I guess since this is his first silver screen movie, it's natural that he won't be able to leap into the second male lead role that quickly. (I assume Louis Koo is first male lead, though personally I think Wallace is a better actor than Louis Koo. I say this with no bias toward either guy, since I think both are hot.)

lol, and what's funny is I never paid attention to the lyrics until I watched the MV (heck, I think I only listened to the song halfway). haha when I saw the MV though, I was like oh sexy Wallace, I likey! This is now a good song! I am a visual animal as well....
    Yup, that MV was so sexy! And that scruff on Wallace was incredibly, incredibly hot. I spent all my time focusing on his broad shoulders, his nicely toned biceps, and his bare torso in the MV that I didn't have time to bother with minor insignificant details like lyrics.

I think in one promotion event for his album, Wallace explained that he named his album Visual Animal because he felt that men were "visual animals" as they were attracted to beautiful things, while women were "auditory animals" as they preferred to hear sweet, romantic things. With the female fans screaming in the background, he shyly admitted that he now realizes that women are most definitely visual animals, too. (Why else are we so crazy about him? Because we like staring at handsome, hot men like him. )

Despite technically being the second male lead behind Xia Yu (who played Kang Xi), Wallace got a LOT of screen time in that series. Also, it was almost as if he were the first male lead, since all the female characters fell in love with him rather than with Xia Yu's Kang Xi. Of course, Nalan Xingde was suppose to be a handsome and intelligent scholar in history and women apparently swooned over such men.
    Well... if he has a lot of screen time, I might consider watching it... lol, you are tempting me too much Melanie! I just love seeing all the women in the world fall for Wallace haha! And he's a intelligent scholar, I love guys like that as well

In that Kang Xi Mi Shi interview, the interviewer asked if Wallace thought Nalan was handsome, and Wallace had this confused look on his face and answered, "I suppose his looks were passable..."
    I must see this interview as well! haha

Sorry, I can't remember if it's on youtube or on tudou. In that same backstage clip, you could see Wallace and Huang Xiao Ming sitting around during their break time, comparing their bald heads and discussing the length of time it takes for their hair to regrow a certain number of inches. They're pretty goofy off screen.
    Okies, no problem! I will go and hunt for it tomorrow ^^

Awww! I want Wallace to have more screen time! But I guess since this is his first silver screen movie, it's natural that he won't be able to leap into the second male lead role that quickly. (I assume Louis Koo is first male lead, though personally I think Wallace is a better actor than Louis Koo. I say this with no bias toward either guy, since I think both are hot.)
    I know! I really hope that the movie will give us a surprise, and Wallace actually has an important role with a significant amount of screen time. Louis is just the hot commodity right now, very few people can achieve the same box office results as he does. So, even though Wallace isn't the lead, I think this will benefit him greatly. And the director, Johnnie To tends to use the same actors again in his films. Louis has collaborated with him so many times now, and almost all of the actors in 'Drug War' have been more than one Johnnie To film. If this turns out well, I think it's likely that Wallace will be able to be in another big film like this in the future.

I think in one promotion event for his album, Wallace explained that he named his album Visual Animal because he felt that men were "visual animals" as they were attracted to beautiful things, while women were "auditory animals" as they preferred to hear sweet, romantic things. With the female fans screaming in the background, he shyly admitted that he now realizes that women are most definitely visual animals, too. (Why else are we so crazy about him? Because we like staring at handsome, hot men like him. )
    haha yes I remember that! It is so true that we are all visual animals... and it would be even better if we can stare at hot sexy Wallace while he whispers sweet flirtatious things into our ears.

Talking

Well... if he has a lot of screen time, I might consider watching it... lol, you are tempting me too much Melanie! I just love seeing all the women in the world fall for Wallace haha! And he's a intelligent scholar, I love guys like that as well
    Just remember that the series is rather boring, not anything like Yi Chu Ji Fa. However, a lot of people, even non-Wallace fans, admit that Wallace cuts quite a dashing figure, even in Qing costume with the bald head. If you watch the series, don't go in with high expectations; just watch it for the sole purpose of ogling Wallace and you'll have a satisfying experience.

I must see this interview as well! haha

Okies, no problem! I will go and hunt for it tomorrow ^^
    Sorry, I've seen so many of his interviews that I no longer keep track of those clips. I like backstage clips because Wallace is so cute and goofy. I think what attracts me to him, other than the fact that he's so good-looking and sexy, is his friendliness. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. I heard from other members here that Wallace never once bad-mouthed TVB, even after the way TVB treated him while he was under their employ. He's a class act!

I know! I really hope that the movie will give us a surprise, and Wallace actually has an important role with a significant amount of screen time. Louis is just the hot commodity right now, very few people can achieve the same box office results as he does. So, even though Wallace isn't the lead, I think this will benefit him greatly. And the director, Johnnie To tends to use the same actors again in his films. Louis has collaborated with him so many times now, and almost all of the actors in 'Drug War' have been more than one Johnnie To film. If this turns out well, I think it's likely that Wallace will be able to be in another big film like this in the future.
    Johnnie To? I've never seen any of his films but I hear he's a very prolific director in HK with some very well-received films under his direction. I just ran off and read a review on The Mission, which he directed in the past, and it had very good reviews! Let's hope Drug War will be a hit and the audience will notice how hot Wallace looks in the movie, even if he has a small amount of screen time. Sometimes, actors in lesser roles get noticed, and the next thing you know, they're the next big hot commodity. Is the cast list released yet? If there are no other big names other than Louis Koo, then it'll be likely that Wallace might get a fair amount of screen time. *fingers crossed* I really hope this movie will work out well for him. If anything, I think he deserves a big break. From what I hear, he has worked hard in the entertainment industry for the last 20 years or so without significant recognition until recently.

it would be even better if we can stare at hot sexy Wallace while he whispers sweet flirtatious things into our ears.
    I wonder what Wallace would think if he were to wander accidentally onto this site and read our comments. Sometimes, I wonder if he surfs the net to look for fan comments on him out of curiosity... My dream is that he will someday somehow find my fanfic on him, read it, and leave me a comment.

I'm surprised that Kang Xi Mi Shi would be that bad of a drama. When I was little, I remember watching Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi, Tai Zu Mi Shi and Huang Tai Zi Mi Shi with my parents and I loved them. Since they are all directed and produced by the same person, I would expect Kang Xi Mi Shi to not be bad either. Though, I haven't watch it because the only person in the drama that I find attractive is Wallace.

On the note of wuxia dramas, do you recommend Lu Ding Ji 2008? I've watched the 1980s TVB version, with Tony Leung and Andy Lau, before but never liked the storyline as much as I liked Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre or the Legend of the Condor Heroes. But I'm considering watching it for Wallace <3. I'm not sure how much I like the queue though....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i34.tinypic.com/2i78mqt.jpg')

I'd much rather have him in Min Guo outfits.
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

I'll give Kang Xi Mi Shi a try when I have time ^^

He seems like a genuinely nice guy. I heard from other members here that Wallace never once bad-mouthed TVB, even after the way TVB treated him while he was under their employ. He's a class act!
    Yes, that's something I really admire about him. I roll my eyes at all the artistes that are bad-mouthing TVB these days. It makes them seem so petty. =.=

Johnnie To? I've never seen any of his films but I hear he's a very prolific director in HK with some very well-received films under his direction. I just ran off and read a review on The Mission, which he directed in the past, and it had very good reviews! Let's hope Drug War will be a hit and the audience will notice how hot Wallace looks in the movie, even if he has a small amount of screen time. Sometimes, actors in lesser roles get noticed, and the next thing you know, they're the next big hot commodity. Is the cast list released yet? If there are no other big names other than Louis Koo, then it'll be likely that Wallace might get a fair amount of screen time. *fingers crossed* I really hope this movie will work out well for him. If anything, I think he deserves a big break. From what I hear, he has worked hard in the entertainment industry for the last 20 years or so without significant recognition until recently.
    Yes, Johnnie To is a pretty big name these days. I have watched most of his films, since most of them star Louis and my mom adores him. Personally, I don't like Johnnie To's films though. He attempts to deliver big messages, but I think he fails at it... or perhaps I'm just a regular moviegoer who prefers watching something entertaining, instead of a film filled with metaphors and whatnot. lol... I don't understand the rave he gets, at most his movies are decent, but I don't see much beyond that.

Aside from Louis, I know that the movie also stars Sun Lei Hong (a prominent actor from Mainland China). He had worked with To and Louis in the film 'Triangle'. Then there's also a bunch of other regular actors that To normally uses. I would guess that Louis and Sun Lei Hong are the main though.

But, I really hope that Wallace gets recognized through this as well. He deserves all the recognition, he's such a good actor! And good looking too! He really should be at a higher status than he currently is.

I wonder what Wallace would think if he were to wander accidentally onto this site and read our comments. Sometimes, I wonder if he surfs the net to look for fan comments on him out of curiosity... My dream is that he will someday somehow find my fanfic on him, read it, and leave me a comment.
    haha he would be so embarrassed! I bet he visits his Chinese sites though, and have probably encountered some more than awkward comments. lol

On the note of wuxia dramas, do you recommend Lu Ding Ji 2008? I've watched the 1980s TVB version, with Tony Leung and Andy Lau, before but never liked the storyline as much as I liked Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre or the Legend of the Condor Heroes. But I'm considering watching it for Wallace <3. I'm not sure how much I like the queue though....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i34.tinypic.com/2i78mqt.jpg')

I also watched the 1980's version when I was a kid, I never liked the story either. Lu Ding Ji 2008 was alright, I definitely prefer Wallace over Andy, but HXM... yeah, the 1980's TVB version is too much of a classic imo. You can watch the cut version with just Wallace though! lol, that was actually what I ended up doing after watching an episode in full.

No one really looks good with a queue. I think Wallace manages to wear it quite nicely though

haha he would be so embarrassed! I bet he visits his Chinese sites though, and have probably encountered some more than awkward comments. lol
    I can totally imagine his embarrassed expression, he always has the funniest expressions. Melanie posted an interview earlier where the host was saying something about how he looked so handsome in his younger days and Wallace's expression just seemed to say: "hey, am I not handsome anymore?" Bahaha, oh Wallace.

No one really looks good with a queue. I think Wallace manages to wear it quite nicely though
    I actually think Kevin Cheng looks amazing in a queue. Needless to say, I'm definitely part of 8th camp in BBJX. :P

Talking

I'm surprised that Kang Xi Mi Shi would be that bad of a drama. When I was little, I remember watching Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi, Tai Zu Mi Shi and Huang Tai Zi Mi Shi with my parents and I loved them. Since they are all directed and produced by the same person, I would expect Kang Xi Mi Shi to not be bad either. Though, I haven't watch it because the only person in the drama that I find attractive is Wallace.
    It's not that Kang Xi Mi Shi is a bad series, it's just that I find Qing dramas boring, especially those with very minimal to nonexistent martial arts. If you don't mind lots of endless talking with no martial arts or action, then this is the series to watch, especially since Wallace looks gorgeous, even with the queue. By the way, I thought Hu Jing looked very pretty in this drama, also. Rarely are actors good-looking in Qing costume, simply because Qing outfits make the women look chunky and shapeless and the men look too effeminate. However, in this drama, Hu Jing looked very good. She and Wallace made quite a handsome pair, if only their love story made more sense and if they had more chemistry. Somehow, their characters just didn't seem in love in this story. I suspect that they respected each other's intellect more than they loved each other.

I've always hated Lu Ding Ji, no matter which version, mainly because I can't stand Wei Xiaobao, the protagonist. Plus, the story has almost no wuxia. Kang Xi is a likable fellow in the story, and so I'm glad Wallace plays him rather than Wei Xiaobao. I haven't seen the entire series, since I don't want to sit through Wei Xiaobao parts, but I have seen the cut version with just the Wallace scenes. Wallace does not get a lot of screen time in the series and has no love interest. However, in the scenes in which he does appear, he makes quite an impact with his regal aura.

You can watch the cut version with just the Wallace scenes here:
    http://tieba.baidu.com/%E9%92%9F%E6%...5%B0%D9%C4%EA/

I agree! I also don't mind him in wuxia outfits, minus the alternative hairstyle, of course. I want traditional wuxia men's hairstyle!

Speaking of wuxia, here's a very well-made MV of Wallace in Ni Shui Han. I know you don't like his hairstyle in this drama, but amazingly, he manages to pull off the role looking very masculine despite the bad wig. I think he manages to do that because of his charisma and screen presence.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ZkXeILjITtQ/?fr=rec1

Also, to genna, you mentioned earlier that you don't like seeing Wallace in antagonist roles. Well, in Ni Shui Han, he was certainly the antagonist. However, he completely stole the limelight away from the protagonist with his amazing portrayal of such a complex character. His villain is not just some crazy dude killing people randomly. Instead, his character has depth, and as we, the audience, unveil each layer of his personality, we discover that he is actually very likable, sometimes pitiful, sometimes hateful, sometimes incredibly loving and romantic, but most importantly, very human. I think it's not crucial whether Wallace plays a protagonist or an antagonist. What's more important is how fleshed out his character is. In Ni Shui Han, I definitely feel that Wallace's villain character is one of the best developed characters I have seen. Ok, I'll stop touting Ni Shui Han now.

Yes, Johnnie To is a pretty big name these days. I have watched most of his films, since most of them star Louis and my mom adores him. Personally, I don't like Johnnie To's films though. He attempts to deliver big messages, but I think he fails at it... or perhaps I'm just a regular moviegoer who prefers watching something entertaining, instead of a film filled with metaphors and whatnot. lol... I don't understand the rave he gets, at most his movies are decent, but I don't see much beyond that.

Aside from Louis, I know that the movie also stars Sun Lei Hong (a prominent actor from Mainland China). He had worked with To and Louis in the film 'Triangle'. Then there's also a bunch of other regular actors that To normally uses. I would guess that Louis and Sun Lei Hong are the main though.

But, I really hope that Wallace gets recognized through this as well. He deserves all the recognition, he's such a good actor! And good looking too! He really should be at a higher status than he currently is.
    I just did a google search on "Johnnie To + Drug War," and Wallace's name hardly gets mentioned. I only saw his name appear in one search result, but it was just a listing of names and had no information about his role or his character's importance in the movie. I fear that he will be an extra with no lines. I hope that will not be the case, since I think, while not as well-known as Louis Koo, Wallace nonetheless has a good acting record and will unlikely get demoted to extra roles without lines.

Yes, I totally agree that he would be very embarrassed! He seems rather shy and probably is the type to blush around the woman he likes when he's first trying to get her attention. I hope that Wallace realizes that he has plenty of overseas fans. I know he most likely doesn't read or speak English fluently, but I hope he'll check out some of the English forums sometime. I'm sure he would find some interesting dialogue on him.

I can totally imagine his embarrassed expression, he always has the funniest expressions. Melanie posted an interview earlier where the host was saying something about how he looked so handsome in his younger days and Wallace's expression just seemed to say: "hey, am I not handsome anymore?" Bahaha, oh Wallace.
    Haha! I can't remember that interview anymore. I think it would be more accurate for the host to say that Wallace was cute with lots of boyish charm in his younger days, but now with maturity, he is infinitely more masculine and sexier with a hint of that boyish charm still lurking underneath.

I actually think Kevin Cheng looks amazing in a queue. Needless to say, I'm definitely part of 8th camp in BBJX.
    I agree Kevin is hot, too. Wallace and Kevin can probably go head to head in a competition for Most Handsome in Qing Costume. However, I will probably, with bias, say that perhaps Wallace has a slight advantage with his taller stature? Whenever a man wears those long ancient period gowns, he needs to be tall in order to look regal and impressive without looking stocky.

I am probably the only person who has not watched BBJX yet. I can't drum up enough enthusiasm to watch it as I don't like Qing drams with no wuxia. I heard Wallace was offered the role of 4th prince, but since he had scheduling conflicts, Nicky Wu ended up with the role. If Wallace were in the series as 4th prince, xia0yuer, would you still be an 8th prince shipper?

I actually think Kevin Cheng looks amazing in a queue. Needless to say, I'm definitely part of 8th camp in BBJX. :P
    Oh I am also an 8th shipper! And I've always liked Kevin, but I thought he looked awful with the queue. lol, but his portrayal of 8th totally made up for it. It was so depressing though watching 8th's downfall.

Also, to genna, you mentioned earlier that you don't like seeing Wallace in antagonist roles. Well, in Ni Shui Han, he was certainly the antagonist. However, he completely stole the limelight away from the protagonist with his amazing portrayal of such a complex character.
    lol, Melanie advertising Ni Shui Han again I had tried to watch it a long time ago, but then stopped (it was before I became a Wallace fan), I felt the story was too slow. I've been trying to re-watch it again since you have so much praise for Wallace's performance. But, just the cut version. I really can't stand watching more than that. xD

I just did a google search on "Johnnie To + Drug War," and Wallace's name hardly gets mentioned. I only saw his name appear in one search result, but it was just a listing of names and had no information about his role or his character's importance in the movie. I fear that he will be an extra with no lines. I hope that will not be the case, since I think, while not as well-known as Louis Koo, Wallace nonetheless has a good acting record and will unlikely get demoted to extra roles without lines.
    I'm sure he'll have lines! I mean Wallace may not be that big, but he is an established actor and is pretty well-known in China. It would be odd if he was just an extra... and I don't think he would accept the role if that was all he was given? Let's hope for the best ^^

------------

If Wallace had played 4th prince I definitely would have liked 4th prince better than I did... but 8th has always been my favorite character in the novel.

It's not that Kang Xi Mi Shi is a bad series, it's just that I find Qing dramas boring, especially those with very minimal to nonexistent martial arts. If you don't mind lots of endless talking with no martial arts or action, then this is the series to watch, especially since Wallace looks gorgeous, even with the queue. By the way, I thought Hu Jing looked very pretty in this drama, also. Rarely are actors good-looking in Qing costume, simply because Qing outfits make the women look chunky and shapeless and the men look too effeminate. However, in this drama, Hu Jing looked very good. She and Wallace made quite a handsome pair, if only their love story made more sense and if they had more chemistry. Somehow, their characters just didn't seem in love in this story. I suspect that they respected each other's intellect more than they loved each other.
    I glanced at the first episode and the drama seems more light-hearted and romance-based than his previous works. I'm a total history buff so I actually enjoyed how he focused on history and war in his previous works. I have mixed feelings about Hu Jing. She made a great side character in Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi but she didn't really make an impression on me as the second female lead in Huang Tai Zi Mi Shi. I also never really found her that pretty, I think it's the cheeks.

I've always hated Lu Ding Ji, no matter which version, mainly because I can't stand Wei Xiaobao, the protagonist. Plus, the story has almost no wuxia. Kang Xi is a likable fellow in the story, and so I'm glad Wallace plays him rather than Wei Xiaobao. I haven't seen the entire series, since I don't want to sit through Wei Xiaobao parts, but I have seen the cut version with just the Wallace scenes. Wallace does not get a lot of screen time in the series and has no love interest. However, in the scenes in which he does appear, he makes quite an impact with his regal aura.
    Yeah, since I already know the storyline, I'll probably just end up watching the cut version. Jin Yong, Jin Yong, why do you write awesome characters like Zhang Wuji and Huang Rong, but the turn around and write annoyingly crappy characters like Wei Xiaobao and Xiao Long Nu?

Speaking of wuxia, here's a very well-made MV of Wallace in Ni Shui Han. I know you don't like his hairstyle in this drama, but amazingly, he manages to pull off the role looking very masculine despite the bad wig. I think he manages to do that because of his charisma and screen presence.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ZkXeILjITtQ/?fr=rec1
    Ah, thank you, Melanie. I will watch Ni Shui Han when I am able to get past Wallace's ridiculous hairstyle... Funny think is that I think my parents have the VCD boxed version of Ni Shui Han but they watched most of it without me, so I never got into the story line. I definitely remember some of the scenes in the MV.

Yes, I totally agree that he would be very embarrassed! He seems rather shy and probably is the type to blush around the woman he likes when he's first trying to get her attention. I hope that Wallace realizes that he has plenty of overseas fans. I know he most likely doesn't read or speak English fluently, but I hope he'll check out some of the English forums sometime. I'm sure he would find some interesting dialogue on him.
    Hahaha, like the posts where we were drooling over his naked body?

I agree Kevin is hot, too. Wallace and Kevin can probably go head to head in a competition for Most Handsome in Qing Costume. However, I will probably, with bias, say that perhaps Wallace has a slight advantage with his taller stature? Whenever a man wears those long ancient period gowns, he needs to be tall in order to look regal and impressive without looking stocky.

I am probably the only person who has not watched BBJX yet. I can't drum up enough enthusiasm to watch it as I don't like Qing drams with no wuxia. I heard Wallace was offered the role of 4th prince, but since he had scheduling conflicts, Nicky Wu ended up with the role. If Wallace were in the series as 4th prince, xia0yuer, would you still be an 8th prince shipper?
    I agree that taller men look better in the period gowns. Nicky looked hilarious walking alongside nearly any other man because he was a good deal shorter than them. genna, Kevin most definitely did NOT look awful with the queue. I'd much prefer the queue to even some of his looks with hair. I don't think he looks nearly as good with the Han bun or Min Guo look.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/9b848bd0jw1dqkaihz8mvj.jpg')
    He definitely has the creepy uncle look right there...

Melanie, you just have to make the decision a hard one, don't you? T.T
    Ultimately, I think I would have to go with 8th Prince because his story is just so moving and his romance with Ruoxi just seemed so much more NORMAL. I hated what 4th did to get the throne and I feel as though his personality is just too cold. Though, it would be really weird if Wallace was casted as 4th and Kevin stayed on as 8th because Wallace looks a good 10-15 years younger than Kevin. I need to get my hands on whatever youth elixir Wallace is using.
    And go watch BBJX! Even though our beloved Wallace isn't in there, it is seriously the BEST drama I've ever seen. Be prepared for BBJX withdrawal after you finish.

Oh I am also an 8th shipper! And I've always liked Kevin, but I thought he looked awful with the queue. lol, but his portrayal of 8th totally made up for it. It was so depressing though watching 8th's downfall.
    Well, I like Kevin Cheng for his looks. His acting that I've seen so far is only mediocre. However, I have heard that his acting skills in BBJX and Ghetto Justice, both of which I have not seen, have improved a great deal. I do think he looks good in Qing costume and thought he looked quite dashing in Beyond the Realm of Conscience by TVB. For some reason though, he appears to have slighter build and appears shorter in modern dramas and Minguo dramas, perhaps because ancient period clothing has many layers. I prefer men with some height and some bulk in dramas. He doesn't have to have bulging muscles; he just has to have a well-toned, leanly muscled body. In fact, bulging muscles and popping veins gross me out.

lol, Melanie advertising Ni Shui Han again. I had tried to watch it a long time ago, but then stopped (it was before I became a Wallace fan), I felt the story was too slow. I've been trying to re-watch it again since you have so much praise for Wallace's performance. But, just the cut version. I really can't stand watching more than that. xD
    I can't help it. My goal is to brainwash everyone into liking Wallace and his dramas. I think watching the cut version with just the Wallace parts is a good plan. When I was watching the drama the first time, I skipped the Julian Cheung and Li Xiaoran parts because they were such a boring couple.

I'm sure he'll have lines! I mean Wallace may not be that big, but he is an established actor and is pretty well-known in China. It would be odd if he was just an extra... and I don't think he would accept the role if that was all he was given? Let's hope for the best ^^
    Ok, maybe now I feel a bit more reassured as what you said makes sense. Wallace would not have accepted the role if he was only offered the part of an extra with no lines. He has played 2nd and even 3rd fiddle before in the not-so-recent past, so I know he's not so arrogant as to refuse a tiny role in a big movie. Let's just hope that his role makes an impact on the audience, as tiny lesser roles can sometimes cause big "explosions" in the viewers' mind. Now I can't wait for this movie to be released! I want to watch it now for Wallace!!!

Ah, thank you, Melanie. I will watch Ni Shui Han when I am able to get past Wallace's ridiculous hairstyle...
    Come to think of it, almost all of Wallace's hairstyles in wuxia series are ridiculous, except for his hair Four Constables. I'm not too fond of his hair in the upcoming Horizon, Bright Moon, Saber series, either, but at least the hair stylists have gotten past their obsession with putting curly wigs on all the hot manly men (ahem...Vincent Jiao, Wallace Chung...).

Hahaha, like the posts where we were drooling over his naked body?
    Missy, you should read my fanfic further then... You like drooling over naked Wallace? Please read on. Some of my readers at the winglin story site and tweety (bad tweety!) thought my scenes were not steamy enough, but I must draw the line somewhere. Actually, now that I think about it, if Wallace ever accidentally finds my story and starts reading, he would be

I agree that taller men look better in the period gowns. Nicky looked hilarious walking alongside nearly any other man because he was a good deal shorter than them. genna, Kevin most definitely did NOT look awful with the queue. I'd much prefer the queue to even some of his looks with hair. I don't think he looks nearly as good with the Han bun or Min Guo look.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/9b848bd0jw1dqkaihz8mvj.jpg')
    OMG! You made me laugh so hard with your comment about Nicky Wu and the creepy uncle remark about Kevin Cheng.

Though, it would be really weird if Wallace was casted as 4th and Kevin stayed on as 8th because Wallace looks a good 10-15 years younger than Kevin. I need to get my hands on whatever youth elixir Wallace is using.
    Kevin looks rather young, too. Wallace looks more mature now with his tan and his more chiseled, angular features. I prefer him to be just like that; I feel that he looks more masculine and sexier now. Interviewers always ask Wallace what he does to take care of his skin. He always says moisturize, sleep, don't eat junk food, drink lots of water, and try to stay happy. A lot of people do that and yet they don't look like Wallace Chung. Must be his godly genes then.

And go watch BBJX! Even though our beloved Wallace isn't in there, it is seriously the BEST drama I've ever seen. Be prepared for BBJX withdrawal after you finish.
    Maybe I'll watch it... I still wish Wallace were in it though....

Quote Originally Posted by xia0yuer
    http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/9b848bd0jw1dqkaihz8mvj.jpg
    LOL, well I won't argue about the Ming Guo look, but I really prefer Kevin with hair. Somehow in the Qing attire it made him look shorter than normal and with a big head. Honestly it was disappointing when I first found out that Kevin and Nicky were cast in BBJX. They were just not what I envisioned. But, after watching Kevin's portrayal, I can't imagine anyone doing a better job than he did.

Melanie, you should definitely watch BBJX! It's a really good drama. I think you'll also like 8th/Kevin in there. Have you watched Kevin in 'Last One Standing' or 'Trimming Success'? I think he gave quite a good performance in those two dramas.

Ok, maybe now I feel a bit more reassured as what you said makes sense. Wallace would not have accepted the role if he was only offered the part of an extra with no lines. He has played 2nd and even 3rd fiddle before in the not-so-recent past, so I know he's not so arrogant as to refuse a tiny role in a big movie. Let's just hope that his role makes an impact on the audience, as tiny lesser roles can sometimes cause big "explosions" in the viewers' mind. Now I can't wait for this movie to be released! I want to watch it now for Wallace!!!
    Yep, I really cant wait for this to be released! If No Choice airs in April, Tian Ya Ming Yue Dao in July, and then Drug War in later part of the year, we wont be too deprived of Wallace goodies. And it would be great if Wallace does a drama and another movie this year. ^^

Honestly it was disappointing when I first found out that Kevin and Nicky were cast in BBJX. They were just not what I envisioned.
    I'm curious; who were your choices to play 4th and 8th princes? I think there were some fan-made MVs before the casting for BBJX was finalized, showing Wallace Chung as 8th prince.

Melanie, you should definitely watch BBJX! It's a really good drama. I think you'll also like 8th/Kevin in there. Have you watched Kevin in 'Last One Standing' or 'Trimming Success'? I think he gave quite a good performance in those two dramas.
    I'll give BBJX a try if I can find it online. Right now, I'm still re-watching Yi Chu Ji Fa. I'm too addicted to Wallace to care about other men.

I have seen Last One Standing. Yes, I remember now. I thought Kevin did a good job, but as you can see, the series was forgettable to me.

Yep, I really cant wait for this to be released! If No Choice airs in April, Tian Ya Ming Yue Dao in July, and then Drug War in later part of the year, we wont be too deprived of Wallace goodies. And it would be great if Wallace does a drama and another movie this year. ^^
    How come we haven't heard of any new Wallace dramas?! Is he cutting back on his filming to sing now? Noooooooo! If he doesn't start filming now, once we watch No Choice, Horizon, Bright Moon, and Saber, and Drug War, then we'll be faced with a Wallace drought! Noooooo!

I'm curious; who were your choices to play 4th and 8th princes? I think there were some fan-made MVs before the casting for BBJX was finalized, showing Wallace Chung as 8th prince.
    Well, I love Nicky, but when my Mom was watching BBJX, she kept griping about how short 4th/Nicky was to all his brothers...and I couldn't help wishing he was taller. Nicky was already wearing high boots to level off, plus the camera angle tended more towards filming from bottom up which makes a person taller. I know it's such a superficial thing to gripe about an actor's height when there's nothing he can do about it, LOL.

So yeah, I was kinda disappointed Wallace Chung turned down 4th Prince role. But I liked Kevin Cheng as 8th Prince as he gave off this elegant air about him.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Well, I love Nicky, but when my Mom was watching BBJX, she kept griping about how short 4th/Nicky was to all his brothers...and I couldn't help wishing he was taller. Nicky was already wearing high boots to level off, plus the camera angle tended more towards filming from bottom up which makes a person taller. I know it's such a superficial thing to gripe about an actor's height when there's nothing he can do about it, LOL.
    I feel bad griping about Nicky's height, too, but the reality is that men tend to look better and more handsome if they are taller. And when you're in the entertainment business in which good looks sell, it's natural that the audience will compare you to your colleagues. That's just the reality of being an actor and being in the public's eye.

I didn't know that Nicky had to wear high heel boots to appear taller. Did the boots help at all, since viewers noticed that he was still shorter than every other male? I just hope that he did not appear shorter than LSS, who is rather slender and tall for a female. Because if he was shorter than LSS, it just wouldn't look as aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

However, I did hear that Nicky did a wonderful job, despite his height, in BBJX! So I'm glad for him. It's not like the poor man can help his height.

By the way, speaking of high boots and height difference between actors, I remember someone posted a really funny pic of Wallace Chung during the filming of Too Late To Say I Love You. Wallace, you see, had the opposite problem in which he was too tall. There was a scene in which he was hugging Li Xiaoran and he was nearly kneeling on his knees in order to look compatible in height with LXR. I went back to the series to watch that particular scene and noticed that they only showed the top half of their bodies. I had no clue that Wallace's bottom half (not shown on camera) was nearly kneeling on the ground! LXR was laughing in that photo, as I am sure she was feeling rather sheepish for being so short compared to Wallace.

So yeah, I was kinda disappointed Wallace Chung turned down 4th Prince role. But I liked Kevin Cheng as 8th Prince as he gave off this elegant air about him.
    Was Wallace offered the role of 4th prince or 8th prince? I remember a bunch of fan-made MVs a while back showing Wallace as 8th prince.

Was Wallace offered the role of 4th prince or 8th prince? I remember a bunch of fan-made MVs a while back showing Wallace as 8th prince.
    Kevin was already confirmed pretty early as 8th Prince. In fact, LGL was also thinking of having Kevin as 4th Prince, as they approached Wallace Huo to be 8th Prince after they couldn't get Wallace Chung in as 4th Prince. I think LGL mentioned before during an interview that he was looking at Kevin as either 4th or 8th Prince. I also remember Hu Ge saying that he won't be in BBJX because LGL thought his head wasn't round enough to look good bald, hahaha!

But I also read that some fans felt Wallace Chung would have been suitable as 8th Prince too.

I feel bad griping about Nicky's height, too, but the reality is that men tend to look better and more handsome if they are taller. And when you're in the entertainment business in which good looks sell, it's natural that the audience will compare you to your colleagues. That's just the reality of being an actor and being in the public's eye.
    Nicky's not that short in the context of Hongkong and Taiwan where he was active during his early career. Tony Leung Chiu Wai is only 5'7" (1.7m). Jackie Chan, Andy Lau and Nicholas Tse are about 5'8" (1.74m). And you know with TVB and other HK/TW entertainment companies, they add about an inch (2cm) to the height of the celebs they manage. Plus Nicky was actually the tallest amongst the Little Tigers (Alec Su and Benny Chan were the other 2 members)! Yet look how adored Alec Su is by rabid fangirls of HZGG.

I'd say Kevin Cheng's height is decent next to Lin Gengxin and Yuan Hong. I think Kevin's listed as 1.79m-1.8m, so the height difference isn't as "disturbing", hahaha!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-16-12 at 02:56 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Kevin was already confirmed pretty early as 8th Prince. In fact, LGL was also thinking of having Kevin as 4th Prince, as they approached Wallace Huo to be 8th Prince after they couldn't get Wallace Chung in as 4th Prince. I think LGL mentioned before during an interview that he was looking at Kevin as either 4th or 8th Prince. I also remember Hu Ge saying that he won't be in BBJX because LGL thought his head wasn't round enough to look good bald, hahaha!
    Wow, all that was quite confusing... So how come Wallace Huo turned down the role of 8th prince?

Poor HG! I think his fans like his head shape the way it is. Plus, I don't think HG would look good in Qing costume anyway.

I wonder if the director planned to cast all those tall actors (Wallace Chung, Wallace Huo, Yuan Hong, etc) in BBJX because LSS was the confirmed female lead, and she is relatively tall among the actresses.

Nicky's not that short in the context of Hongkong and Taiwan where he was active during his early career. Tony Leung Chiu Wai is only 5'7" (1.7m). Jackie Chan, Andy Lau and Nicholas Tse are about 5'8" (1.74m). And you know with TVB and other HK/TW entertainment companies, they add about an inch (2cm) to the height of the celebs they manage. Plus Nicky was actually the tallest amongst the Little Tigers (Alec Su and Benny Chan were the other 2 members)! Yet look how adored Alec Su is by rabid fangirls of HZGG.
    When you mentioned Nic Tse, I just kept seeing this image of him standing next to Qiao Zhen Yu in Rinsing Flowers Purifying Swords and recalling how short he looked next to Qiao Zhen Yu.

Hmm! I had no clue how relatively short all those celebs you mentioned above are! I guess Wallace Chung is pretty tall then for someone originating from HK entertainment circle.

Ahhh, I remember thinking Alec Su was really cute like a little boy, even though he was a grown man.

Honestly, I couldn't really think of anyone when I was reading the novel. No specific actor came to mind. lol, but of course I would have liked to see some of my favorite actors in it. Personally, I feel that 4th prince is easier to cast. Maybe it's my bias for 8th prince, but I feel that his elegance and aura is too hard to transcend into real life. For 4th prince I really wanted it to be Deng Chao or Yuan Hong. Although I didn't like 4th prince in BBJX (yet, oddly I adored 4th prince in Gong-- but that's probably because the 8th prince in that drama was the most annoying/useless person ever). lol... anyway, since 8th was my favorite in BBJX, Wallace would have been a wonderful choice for the role. But, it would have been even more painful to watch the drama if 8th was Wallace. And, if he was 4th I would have been sad as well, cause I'd be wishing that he was 8th. haha.. Wallace needs to act as both 4th and 8th to make me happy. I should just go and watch Yi Chu Ji Fa again to satisfy my need for double Wallace hotness

I have seen Last One Standing. Yes, I remember now. I thought Kevin did a good job, but as you can see, the series was forgettable to me.
    lol, yeah I know what you mean. I like Kevin and think he's a good actor, but he can't make me crazy for him the way Wallace does

How come we haven't heard of any new Wallace dramas?! Is he cutting back on his filming to sing now? Noooooooo! If he doesn't start filming now, once we watch No Choice, Horizon, Bright Moon, and Saber, and Drug War, then we'll be faced with a Wallace drought! Noooooo!
    I have been keeping an eye on Wallace's tieba for any news about his next drama, but there hasn't been anything lately. His fans over there are wondering what his plans are as well. I am also worried that there will be a Wallace drought if he doesn't start filming soon! It's already painful enough waiting for his dramas to air, I can't imagine how much worse it would be if he decides to cut back on filming dramas. I want him to be well rested, but the fangirl in me wants to see more of him xD

Wallace needs to act as both 4th and 8th to make me happy. I should just go and watch Yi Chu Ji Fa again to satisfy my need for double Wallace hotness
    Your indecision is quite hilarious to read. Now that I've been spoiled by double the Wallace hotness in Yi Chu Ji Fa, I feel that he needs to play every male role in a series, from male lead to extra, just so that I can seen him everywhere in every scene and I don't have to fast forward anything. Then, I'll be a really happy and satisfied customer.

I have been keeping an eye on Wallace's tieba for any news about his next drama, but there hasn't been anything lately. His fans over there are wondering what his plans are as well. I am also worried that there will be a Wallace drought if he doesn't start filming soon! It's already painful enough waiting for his dramas to air, I can't imagine how much worse it would be if he decides to cut back on filming dramas. I want him to be well rested, but the fangirl in me wants to see more of him xD
    I'm kind of worried that he's going to go back to singing, especially since his concerts have been such successes. While I'm happy for his singing success, I still feel that his true talent lies in acting, and I enjoy watching him act much more than listening to him sing (sometimes off-key ). If he does take up another drama, I hope it'll be a Minguo one, a Shanghai mobster one, or another wuxia one. Please let him have nice hair if he films another wuxia one, though!