Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: stephen au

Heya everyone!

Goddess, the only place where Stephen really stood out for me in AOM... that's why I'm talking about him. (I really didn't expect Patrick to be that funny either! He just didn't seem the type so now)

Funnily enough, how in the world did Patrick get a good ending while nobody else did?! I know the girls got all the independence they wanted but STILL...I agree with ya!

Stephen was really annoying in BFII in the beginning... towards the end, I warmed up towards him, and seeing how he treats Jenny and Wong Hei became very touching. Despite its ending, I thought BFII wrapped up beautifully... maybe it was its ending that made it so beautiful.

Originally posted by realdeal
    They are called "avatars". You can set your own avatar on your members info page.
    Thanks Realdeal but I was only refering to the actual picture. I didn't want an avatar just those lovely pictures. Thanks though for your reply.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    hi ya sorrow Ah yes. Stinks how Micheal is a really talented actor to me, yet he gets these roles where he falls for the "main" girl yet doesn't get her.

Hehe, realdeal already answered your question there, but I'll expand a little more on my personal avator. Hehe, mine is more of a comic drawing of a character in a serie. Its supposed to be Xu Qing as Ren YingYing from SOD01
    So they are called comic drawings? I thought they were computer graphics. Other people told me they were chinese anime. Hummm.. people are confusing sorrow lately. Hahaha so many people telling me so many different things. Oh well. At least I found some now.

I find Micheal talented too. The first time I saw him was in a tawianese show. I can't quite remember but I think it was called "Call of the Wild" with Simon Yam. Micheal was a sweetheart in there and yes again he got dumped by the main girl that was supposed to be his finace. She dumped him for Simon Yam. Did you or anyone see that series?
    (¸· ´ (_.·*¨`» · ·÷¤ :+: IiI sorrow IiI :+: ¤÷· · «´¨*·._) `·.¸)
    .·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·: .·:*´¨`*:·..

Sorrow's Corner

hi hi goddess!

haha. finally..have time to rite a longer msg. =] so kool how theres more ppl in here now.

haha. sorry if i skared u more about the wigs. i guess i just think weird and think uip all this stuff to make myself mroe skared.lol. "/

soo..in good against evil. i think yea..i would have rather had melissa go with the poor guy. cuz he was always there for her wen she was depressed and stuff. and he saved her life too. well...whichever one she went with wouldve been ok..just as long as she didnt go with yoyo. haha. hmm..i kant remember wat happened at the end. did melissa stop liking yoyo? i only remember the VERY end. haha. where they were gettingmarried and another deric pops out. that was kinda kool. lol. =D

jessica hsuan was in a taiwan show? i always tho she was only in tvb ones. haha. now rite away..that taiwan series (A Chinese Ghost Story?) seems more interesting...cuz of jessica i guess. haha.

oOH! yea...flora got a bit annoying to me later on. especially wen she was at the restaruant...and asked francis whether or not they made the rite decision at edallay? (i ahve no idea how to spell that. lol.) gosh...that sucked. i hated wen flora thot she got aids too...cuz y didnt she just tell joe? and she kept going with francis n stuff to the doctor..it seemed like they were a couple. so i was all mad cuz i felt sorry for myolie. hha. ohh..so they cut out the parts about ron and myolie? y??? i think those parts were pretty important..and pp prolly wouldve enjoyed watching it. they shouldve cut out other little parts instead. =( or made it a longer series. hehe. i wouldnt have minded. lol. yea..i cried when joe was leaving too. i usually cry if its a really sad moment and sumone in the series is crying. =( i cried when joe died too..like when flora,coco, and francis found out and they were all crying. so sad.

do u cry a lot for series? cuz i usually try to hold them bak. haha. but sometimes...things just get sooOO sad. like i couldnt help but cry for square pegs. when jessica left roger cuz of winnie...and roger was there chopping the wood and crying...saying that he was retarded? or..i kant remember wat he wassaying. haha.

ohHh..so thats hoo my avatar is. soO..if u see a custom spcnet avatar here of louis..kan u tell me? hehe. thanks.

man...i dont even think imma finish in the realm of fancy. hehe. its not all that interesting...and we forgot to record them this weekend. which means that if i do watch on...i would miss 5 episodes. haha. so forget it. im starting on summer heat now tho. have u ever watched it? if u have...wasit good? i dont think imma b able to finish it b4 i go on vacation tho. haha. but o well. theres a lot of series i wanna watch now too. i havent gotten to any tho. i still wanna watch placebo cure. hehe. oh yea..i used to wanna watch it cuz of stephen...but now i mostly just wnna watch it cuz of the plot. i REALLY wanna watch twin of brothers tho. =( it seems really good. hoo do u like better tho. raymond or ron? is ron older than raymond? cuz i just noticed that raymonds pretty young. haha. =]

flaming brothers? an atv series rite? so its like an extra tape? its funny? haha. man..i wanna watch that. havent really seen stephen in a while. =( wow...him hosting a show. that means u see him a lot eh? hehe. gotta watch that tape one day! yea...i think itd b kool to see stephen and patrick in another series together. hehe. i liked it in AOM when stephen gave patrick the check or watever...and patrick was so happy that he went over and hugged stephen .haha. so sweet how at the end...stephen risked his own life. since he was taking off patricks bomb instead of his own. i think u sed that b4. but yea. hha. so nice how he didnt run over to the other ppl and b like..." help me. help me get the bomb off! " then it blows everyone up. instead..he just went and jumped in the water so that no one else would get hurt. so sweet.

haha. i was just wondering...wat other forums r u a member in? hehe. well..thats it for this reply. hope its not too long or too short. hehe. ttyl. buhbyE!

Hey there everyone!!!

Lol I know d3bbie!!! I do find it a bit amusing that Patrick, the more player type actually ends up with someone in the end. I guess they wanted to show that a guy can change his "ways." Anyways I still wanted for one of the girls to end with someone. Or at least date someone in the end. Hate how they show them all alone!!! Come now, balancing career and a relationship should be possible!!! ^_^

Hey there sorrow Lol, sorry for causing you to be a bit more confused. It really depends on the specific drawing. I'm not sure for what they are specifically called. Seems like everyone has a different "name" for it. So you have found some? I used to have a few websites with a lot of them, but I lost the link. Will try to find a few more and I'll tell you if I'm successful Spcnet has some as well that you can use for avators. Check those out ^_^

I never saw Call of the Wild. Was it good? Ooooh Simon Yam too? Hehe, sounds even better. Anyways I don't remember exactly what the first Micheal serie I saw. I've seen him in so many series that I can't even name them all!!! Great actor. One of my favs.

Hey smilee!!! ^_^ Lol, you know. I really don't know about Melissa and Yoyo. I don't even get when she started to like Yoyo!!! I'm glad they didnt end up togehter though since its a bit strange feeling. Not only that though, its just that Yoyo doesn't like her that way. I thought the endign was amusing. How the "bad" Deric appeared and that look on his face!!!!

Well artists don't have to stick to filming with the company they have a contract with. Jessica actaully was going to do a China serie or something like that, but she had to cancel. Anyways A Chinese Ghost Story is great. Love Jessic and Jason!!!!

I don't know. I guess TVB just felt the Ron and Myolie parts weren't important, but like you said, it diffinately is!!! Cutting it out just caused confusing on if Ron did like Myolie and all that. Hehe, I wanted those scenes to be included, but to cut out some other draggy parts. Flora annoyed me to no end when she kept thinking about the possibilities with Francis!!!

Lol, I am quite a sentimental type of person. I do get quite teary eyed during a lot of scenes and I cry easily as well. Not as much now though. Only the very dramatic and touching scenes I will actually cry. Before though when I was younger I would cry whenever anyone died or was hurt. Lol, I think I once cryed throughout a serie. Can't remember what it was, but my parents thought I was crazy....

So gonna stop on Realm of Fancy huh? That serie overall doesn't sound or look that great anyways. Hehe, yeah. I have watched Summer Heat and overall it was okay. I didn't really like a lot of things about it though. Espically Joyce's role. There is a thread on it in the TVB section, check it out!!!

Oh, I'm really really looking forward to Twin of Brothers!! So many castings that I like and I just love Raymond as well as Ron!!! ^_^ Between the two I would go for Raymond. He has more acting experience and I love his singing as well. I really like Ron as well though. I'm not sure who is older, I think they are around the same age, but Raymond might be a bit older.

Yeah, Flaming Brother's is ATV. Its better if you rent the whole serie, but Stephen doesn't get all that much screen time. However he leaves a ever lasting impression on viewers and his abesence really causes tears. Anyways that last type was great. Stephen and Patrick seemed so close!!!

hehe, yeah. It was extremely sweet how he ran with the bomb into the ocean so that no one would be injured!!! I would have fallen for him right there!! Lol, then again I did....hehe ^_^

I'll check out the avators at spcnet later on and tell you which is Louis, hehe. Anyways this reply of mine is long!!! Lol, yours wasn't too short or too long, hehe. ^_^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey there everyone!!!

Hey there sorrow Lol, sorry for causing you to be a bit more confused. Will try to find a few more and I'll tell you if I'm successful Spcnet has some as well that you can use for avators. Check those out ^_^

I never saw Call of the Wild. Was it good? Ooooh Simon Yam too? Hehe, sounds even better. Anyways I don't remember exactly what the first Micheal serie I saw. I've seen him in so many series that I can't even name them all!!! Great actor. One of my favs.

Oh, I'm really really looking forward to Twin of Brothers!! So many castings that I like and I just love Raymond as well as Ron!!! ^_^ Between the two I would go for Raymond. He has more acting experience and I love his singing as well. I really like Ron as well though. I'm not sure who is older, I think they are around the same age, but Raymond might be a bit older.

Yeah, Flaming Brother's is ATV. Its better if you rent the whole serie, but Stephen doesn't get all that much screen time. However he leaves a ever lasting impression on viewers and his abesence really causes tears. Anyways that last type was great. Stephen and Patrick seemed so close!!!
    Thanks Goddessofhonour

"Call of the Wild" was a pretty good china series. It was during the 1930's and very dramatic. lots of crying scenes so you might need 10 tissue boxes! *LOL*

I'm looking forward to "Twin of Brothers" too. Mostly for Raymond and Tavia. I don't even know who Ron and Lelia are. I haven't seen a TVB series for like years now. Last one I saw a glimpse of was Eternal happiness with Raymond, Tavia, Rain Lau, and Michelle.

Flaming brother was good too. Although Stpehen didn't get a big role but I thought his role was good.
    (¸· ´ (_.·*¨`» · ·÷¤ :+: IiI sorrow IiI :+: ¤÷· · «´¨*·._) `·.¸)
    .·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·:*´¨`*:·.. ·:*´¨`*:·..·: .·:*´¨`*:·..

Sorrow's Corner

Hey there everyone!!!

Lol I know d3bbie!!! I do find it a bit amusing that Patrick, the more player type actually ends up with someone in the end. I guess they wanted to show that a guy can change his "ways." Anyways I still wanted for one of the girls to end with someone. Or at least date someone in the end. Hate how they show them all alone!!! Come now, balancing career and a relationship should be possible!!! ^_^
    hehe, yeah. It was extremely sweet how he ran with the bomb into the ocean so that no one would be injured!!! I would have fallen for him right there!! Lol, then again I did....hehe ^_^

Hey, you guys! How's it going?

Goddess, yes.. it was quite amusing, how he had a kid and a wife! And he was the most indecisive of them all! *laughs* How very interesting huh?

Yes, I know... balancing a career and a relationship is possible... happened in every other series except AOM!

I know! It was weird how Charmaine wasn't really all that anxious when he jumped in there with the bomb... I would have been! My heart skipped a beat... LOL!

I loved the part where he was asked to kill her... gosh, that was nerve-racking... their eyes connected and he silently pleaded with her to trust him not to hurt her!

Hey there guys

Hehe, I'm doing great!!! What about you guys huh? Hopefully awsome!!

Anyways that was diffiantely very interesting. Quite ironic since I didn't expect for Patrick to be the one to start a family. At least not yet. Its nice to see him do so though, but akward in a way, hehe.

I think by not having one of the girls stay in a relationship really got me. Totally "ruined" the image of the serie for me. Since even though it is about working independant women, it should show the whole balancing relationship thing!!! Even though it did, it should show one where the relationship sorta works out!!! lol

Gosh, now that you mention it I am quite annoyed. Charmaine really didn't seem frightened or worried for him did she? Patrick showed his expressions well in the scene though. Anyways I was so relieved when Stephen appeared up from the waters after the explosion!! Lol, I had such a relieved expression on my face!!!

Who else was in Call of the Wild sorrow? Do you happen to know when the serie was produced? I want to see if my rental store has this. hehe, Simon and Michael?

Yes, TOB looks so darn interesting!!! I actually like everyone in the castings so far. They are all familiar to me and I like the sound of their characters. So you've never seen a serie with Ron and Leila? I think you will probably like both of them. They are both capable artists and their relationship sounds very touching!!!

His role was very significant. Even till the end he was mentioned quite a lot. I'm very glad that his role wasn't forgotten completely you know. Gosh, when everyone found out he was "dead" I was so sad!! Everyone was breaking down!!! I think his father and Oiu Yui Wong were really broken by this news
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hi everyone!

Doing great... well, I will be, after tomorrow... *sigh* Can I not write that essay on Iago? Argh. I hate Shakespeare. *stomps about*

I agree. The last thing I expected was for Patrick to be SO decisive all of a sudden... haha.

I thought Bowie's relationship would've worked. I know she tends to tune out sometime... but the guy had SO much love for her... and didn't he fall for her because of the person she is? Not the person that he wanted her to be? (Am I making sense?) I thought in the beginning, great... Sam-Patrick, Bowie-and that funny guy, Charmaine-Wallace... wouldn't that have been the best way to end?! *sigh*

I guess Patrick felt too much for Charmaine towards the end, yet he had sort of a "first love" thing for Sam/Sonija.

Yes! Charmaine and Sonija both screamed when he jumped into the water but the aftermath of it...no relieved hugs, no nothing! Then again, you could say everyone was shocked at his heroic deed but still! My heart definitely skipped a beat then.

Hey there d3bbie

Lol d3bbie!!! Oh, I hate writting essays as well. I just can never think of the "right" thing to say!!! lol

Yeah, having Patrick become very familyish was interesting and quite unexpected. Maybe that is what TVB wnated to do. Have the person who starts a family be the one you would least expect!!!

Bowie was played by Shirley right? That guy who was paired with her is Timmy Hung. Anyways out of the three girls, I wanted for Shirley to be the one with the happy ending sicne she seems to have the best "chances" if you know what I mean. Its quite sad that things didn't work out with Timmy. Its hard to believe that he broke up with her, but I liked how in the end he finally knew what he wanted and all that.

Lol agree. That ending wouldn't have been bad. Why does Charmaine not except Stephen and Patrick and stay with Sonjia? Lol, happy happy happy!!!!!!!

My sister actually came into the room right when he jumped into the ocean with the bomb and she was like "how unrealistic and stupid." Lol, then she went on for like 5 minutes on how he would have died and its worse to have the bomb under water and all this. Ruined the atmosphere of the scene, but after she left I watched it over and over. Deffinately heroic!!!

Hey smilee. Hehe, I've just looked over the avators available at spcnet and I think this is the only one supposedly of Louis though.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/images/avatars/jy_17.jpg')
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Haha, goddess, you'll (well I am, at least) be glad to know that I just got rid of my essay and my Stats assignment today! *grins*

Yes, perhaps that was what TVB wanted to do... come up with the unexpected! *grins*

Yes, Bowie was played by Shirley (watched two TVB series in a row where the TVB theme song part had their English names... hehe... is it a new thing?) Ohh.. okay, Timmy Hung, got it. (By any chance related to William Hung?)

I've always wondered why Charmaine didn't accept Stephen. Maybe it was because she had always been in love with Patrick but STILL!! Wasn't she the slightest bit moved?! *groans*

Haha, ruined the whole atmosphere, huh? It wasn't unrealistic... it COULD happen... and since he was also with the FBI, there is a possibility that he being such a highly regarded bodyguard could defuse a bomb! (Think of it that way!) and it wasn't stupid because it was heroic! There we go

Not to be too off topic and please dont get offended but I used to think that Stephen Au and Edmond So was the same person
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

Originally posted by neverland
    Not to be too off topic and please dont get offended but I used to think that Stephen Au and Edmond So was the same person
    Neverland, who's Edmond So?

Originally posted by neverland
    yea..my thot exactly. hoo is edmond so? lol.

hey goddess! thx for telling me aboutt he avatar. hehe. i thot that one was louis at first too...cuz of the two stripes of grey...from ROCH 95 rite? but then for sum reason..i didnt think the face looked to much like him. haha. "/ but yea..thx for helping me look!

Hey there you guys

Hehe, am glad to hear that you finished up that essay!!! That means more time to chat, lol. ^_^

Which other serie? I remember that in Dream of Colours it did something similiar, but that was their character names. I don't know, I don't like the themevideo putting in their real names. Since that isn't their names in the serie you know? I rather the character names be used instead. I think that in AOM the reason for putting their english names was for promotion maybe

Lol, no. Timmy Hung isn't related to William Hung. Timmy is related to Jimmy of Tensions though. They are brothers

Lol Try and tell my sister that!!! Stupid sister of mine

No problem smilee Yup, thats supposed to be him in ROCH95. LOL, same here!!! I didn't think it looked too much like him, but the two strips of white hair he had defined it for me in a way ^_^

So that's his name!!!!! Hehehe, neverland your the best!!! Lol, I've loved his acting and characters in series, but never knew he was Edmond So!!! Lol, yes. I'm a bit slow

Anyways check out this link to see pics of Edmond. Great actor

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/people/so_chi_wai.htm
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Just follow the link goddessofhonour gave you and there are some pics of him. He also starred in a few series such as DIFIV, The King of Yesterday and Tomorrow (the episode which through the whole time I thought was Stephen Au) and Greed Mask. Your welcome goddessofhonour I didn't know his name either and not many people knew him, until I was browsing through some threads and I found it and I was like oooooooo! Yeah I love his acting too, but after watching DIFIV I didnt see much of him until recently. The time when I found out that those were 2 different people were when I was watching A Trio Delights when they came on at seperate times but they have diffrent last names so I was like what??? Now I know they dont look that much a like but at first man, I so thought they were the same person.
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Hey there neverland

I have seen Edmond in all of those series you mentioned and I really liked him in DIF4 and Greed Mask. I actually have a very vauge memory of him being in KOYAT. What character was he in there again? Was he the one who had a relationship with Melissa's brother? :

I know. He isn't very popular and it does seem like very people know his name. I think many viewers can recognize him, but just never knew his name. Lol, like me

Anyways another serie that Edmond is in would be Family Man where he played Jay Lau's husband. Hilarious in there as well with Moses and Micheal. Lol, better stop talking about him in here or else we'll change Stephen's thread!! I've got an idea though Lets make a thread on him!!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

ok, ill do that now unless you already a step ahead of me....*runs off*

Sorry to the rest of you guys for disturbing Stephen Au's peace....
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Off topic: Hehe, okay you can do it neverland. I was just about to, but I can just sit back and relaxe now i: Anyways hurry hurry hurry!!! Hehe, I'll be in there once its up
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Hey y'all!

Goddess, I thought that putting their realnames in the theme video was good. In Dream of Colours, they had the English names/names of the characters... not their real name though.

*laughs* I didn't think they looked alike. (Timmy and William)

Hey there d3bbie

I don't mind if their real names are put. I actually would like that so it would be clearer as to who is who in series since many artists now adays look a like. But I don't like it being in the themevideo, rather it be in the end credits and all. Since putting it in the themevideo makes me think that its their character names instead
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.