Thread: Two Of Us

Default Two Of Us

I hope you guys like the story and please give me some comment. Below is the poster of the story i made.

Mika Nakashima - Tina Ravyn
    Wonbin - Joe Rhodes
    Louis Koo - Matt Walter
    Eugene (SES) - Mandy Rince
    Eric Mun - T.J. Gray

Chapter 1

The dark night made my features brighten, my skin looked pale
    and my eyes turned black, which matched with my black tank and
    black sweat pants. The stars looked exceptionally sparkly tonight and there is no doubt that I am going to have nightmares, the dreams that took over my sleep and continued every night like a series. I sipped my warm milk and walked from my porch to my apartment. I sat myself on my leathered sofa and turned on the television. I speed through all of my channels and none of them interested me so I went to bed.

I’m so tired of being here
    Suppressed by all my childish fears
    And if you have to leave
    I wish that you would just leave
    because I still your presence lingers here
    And it won’t leave me alone ----By Evanescence

“AHHHHH.” I screamed with full of anguish. I ran as fast as I can but it followed me still. The shadow appeared behind me, then somehow it presence itself in front of me. Unanticipatedly, my surrounding changed. The darkness turned to white walls, and bright red bricks lay everywhere. My feet came in contact with a brick and I fell. It didn’t hurt but my foot was bleeding. There was so much blood that flooded the place. The white walls turned red, and everything became mucilaginous. The shadows appeared again, but this time, it was also covered with blood. The blood, dripped from its arms and made tick. tack..tick... It reach out its arm toward me. “Ahhhhhhhhh..” I closed my eyes then put my hands on my ears and shriek like a bad child who just got whipped by her parents. The shadow’s hand vigorously snatched my left hand and dragged me behind it. *Brinnggngngnngngg..Bringngningnngg*.

I opened my eyes from the intense noises coming from my alarm clock. I my clothes were wet and sticks to my body due to all of my sweats. I got up and took a quick shower to get ready to go to work. I check my self out in the mirror one last time to see if there are any flaws, I wore a pair of blue jeans with a white turtleneck shirt. My black eye liner and light purple lip gloss made me looks like I just woke up from the dead. I swung my backpack that contains my patient’s medical files over my shoulder then I walked out of my apartment building.

I press the down button on the elevator and the elevator door opened. I walked in and pressed the first floor button. A deep voice called out and I open the elevator door again. The man wore an baggy jeans with a belt and a wife beater that is covered with either blood or red paint. I moved away from him thinking maybe he is some rapist or gangster. In the corner of his mouth I saw some red substance. I wanted to get out of the elevator as soon as possible. I start to shove the open door button relentlessly.

“Don’t do that,” he said coldly. I stopped pushing the button and rested my arm to my side and got ready to fight when necessary.
    “What’s your name?” He asked. His tone smooth as a cobra but it sound so deadly.

“Tina,” I answered.

“Matt,” He said while he reaches out his right hand. I took it. He turns his head toward me and without his hair, I could see his eyes. “Is that blood?” I asked.

“Yea,” his answer was short. “How did you get it?” I asked again. *DING* The elevator door opened and he walked out without answering me. He abruptly stopped and turned around facing me. “Can I have your phone number?” He asks with a twinkling eye. I swiftly took off my backpack and pulled out my business card. “Here,” I said. He turned around then said “thanks.”

I walked out of the apartment building and to my dark-blue Honda Accord. Matt was in front of me and I saw him getting into his Mercedes-F400. My mouth dropped opened as he drove off. “W..what a car,” I stammered out. I got into my car and drove to the Memorial Cancer Center (MCC). I reach the MCC’s parking lot. I walked toward the exit and one of the parking spot that has the reserved sign. There occupied a silver Mercedes-F400 just like the one Matt drove. I wonder if this is his car, but why is he here, at the MCC? He might have cancer, I though, but it didn’t matter to me. I was out of the parking lot and my best friend joined me. “Tina! Wait up,” she said.

“Hey Mandy,” I replied to her usual greetings with my usual reply. “Today we’re going to get our official patient, I wonder if it’s a male!” she commented with a bright, dreamy smile.

“You pervert!” I commented with a smirk.

“What?!? No! I just thought...well, he touch me and he die!” Mandy replied.

“I never said anything about him touching you, ohhhhh...I don’t want to know what’s going on inside that head of your’s,” I said and laughed. She punched me on my arm and told me to shut up. We both walked to the locker room and changed into our professional clothes that we wore for the first time, since we were in training for one year. After that, we went to the president’s office to get our patient’s file.

I knocked on the wooden door and an old man’s voice said come in. I walked in first and Mandy followed me. “Hello ladies.” Mr. Nelson greeted us like we are in the army. He went to his desk and dig our patient’s files under all of the papers on his desk. Few minutes later, he spoked, “Mandy, you’re assigned patiently is a male named Joe Rhodes, I understand that this patient has lung cancer, but its fairly small so I suspected that you can handle him.” He said then he gave her a pat on her shoulder. “Tina, you’re going to have a partner. He will be here any minute. You have a eight years old girl who has stomach cancer. You will need to help your partner, Doctor Matt Walter with operating on her as soon as she got stronger. I understand that this is a hard case but you and your partner will complete it with much suc...” He didn’t complete his speech because of the interruption from the door.

“Sorry for being late,” A male voice apologized. All three of us turned around and there stood that guy from the elevator, but this time without blood, wife beaters or baggy jeans. He wore a black suit, which matched with his black hair. What a transformation I thought. “Mr. Walter, this is your partner,” Mr. Nelson looked toward my direction. Matt reached for my hand and I reached for his. We greeted again. About five minutes later, all three of us walked out of Mr. Nelson’s office and to our patient’s room. Turned out, our patient resided in the same room.
    Last edited by PiggybackRIDE; 06-18-04 at 10:43 AM.

Here is the next chapter, please leave me some comments.

Chapter 2

I slowly rise from the bed that I rested on, my head starts to spin and I can’t breathe very well either. I turned my head and saw a little girl playing with her dolls. Weird, I never thought little kids are cute but this one looked pretty. She pretended to be the dolls and made noises that I’ve never heard of before in my life. “Shoooooo..shuusshhsiiiee...ghinnnnnnttttttt...bep pppiieiee” she mumbled. I jumped off my bed and walked over to the little girl to greet her and make friends, “Hello there, pretty little girls!” I tried to sound enthusiastic but it didn’t come out as I planed.

“Hi misters!” she replied to my greetings and planted a huge smile on her face, then she giggled. “Thanks, you’re pretty too!”

“What is your name?” I asked then I sat my self comfortably on her bed, right across from her.

“My name is Cindy, and what’s your’s, mister?” Her eyes opened bigger and she gave me one of her Barbie.

“My name is Joe, how old are you?” I asked then I began to make strange sounds with Cindy. “Bummmipppoo...leeppoieeee...keeepppooooo..”

“I am eight years old, and I will be nine in October 2t,” she stated proudly. “That is one month away,” she added. We started to talk a little bit more. Our attention suddenly switched to the door mainly because of the knocks. “Come in,” I hollered loud enough so that it can be heard from behind that door. Two women and a man walked in. The man wore a black business suit and the two women wore a long white jacket, the coat that doctors usually wore.

“Hi!” One of the ladies said cheerfully. She has her hair tied in a ponytail. “My name is Mandy Rince, and I am your doctor, Mr. Joe Rhodes,” she said as her right hand emerged from her sleeves and I shook it. “Nice to meet you,” I said politely and climbed off Cindy’s bed.

“I see you made a friend,” she said with a warm smile that can melt anyone’s heart while she waved at Cindy. The other girl looked cold because her dark eye liner and very light purple lipstick. The man looks all right.

“Hi, my name is Tina and I am Cindy’s doctor. This is Matt and he is also Cindy’s doctor,” said Tina in a confident tone and she pointed to Matt. I shook both of their hands while Matt said hi to me. Tina and Matt walked to Cindy’s bed to exams her.

“Mr. Rhodes, can I have your arm to check your blood pressure?” Mandy asked me then I lifted up my arm and let her do her job. About 15 minutes later, she was done with everything and we talked for a while. I got to know her a bit, and she is an interesting girl.

“Do you want to take a walk?” she asked me then she turned to the bed beside me. “Tina, lets go outside.”

“Do you want to go outside and play?” Tina asked Cindy thoughtfully. Cindy nodded and said yes at the same time. Matt followed behind Tina. Suddenly, Cindy stopped and raised her arms looking at Matt with puppy eyes. Matt looked like he didn’t understand what Cindy wanted. Tina’s eyes motioned Matt to pick Cindy up. Matt bent down and pick Cindy up. They walked in front of me and Mandy and I thought they appeared to be like a perfect family. It was a fallacy anyway, Cindy has cancer and they are helping her just like Mandy is helping me. After that thought, I felt bitterness and my memories traveled back to the time my dad smokes. I blamed everything on him ever since I have lung cancer due to secondhand smoking.

In no time, we all arrived at the playground and many kids running around, sick people on wheel chairs, I wondered if I will sit on a wheel chair someday or lose my hair. I sat myself on one of the benches and Mandy told me to wait for her for a few minutes because she is getting some orange juice. Unexpectedly, Tina sat right next to me, and pulled me back to the presence. “Don’t worry,” Tina said. My eyes became round and all of my attention focused on her.

“What?” I asked in confusion. Did she read my mind? I thought.

“Don’t worry, I trust that Mandy will save you before you lose your hair or anything like that,” Tina explained again in a cooler tone. She seems relaxed and I was amazed at how she can answer the questions that have been on my mind. “You read my mind,” I blurted out. She rotated her head about 90 degrees and stared at me.

“Yeah, I know what you are thinking right now,” Tina said jokingly.

“Why don’t you give it a shot?” I teased her. Her eyes lighten now and it made me feel easier around her.

“You’re thinking..” she closed her eyes and acted like she is a fortune teller, “About.....Get up, we’ll play soccer!” She laughed then stood up pulling me to Cindy and Matt. We ended up playing soccer with Matt and Cindy. Tina and I are one team and the other team is Matt and Cindy. When Mandy returned with the orange juice, we all sat down on the bench and have a drink. It was getting dark so we walked back to my room.

Matt disappeared for a while then he brought trays of food to Cindy and me. Tina tucked Cindy to bed around seven o’clock.

“Mr. Rhodes, tomorrow, you will get you x-rays taken and your treatments will starts within two days later. If you experienced any short breath, hair loss, or headaches, please inform me or the nurses. I will leave you to rest, now.” Mandy gave a huge speech and I nodded.

“Call me Joe next time, okay? Mister makes me sound like an old man,” I joked.

“Okay,” She giggled and we bid our goodbyes.

Oh yeah! Finally, after my ignored Ultimate Script, there's another fic starring Japanese artistes!
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Yayyyy!! At first I was pretty discouraged by the fact that no one reply. But now my hope is up, thanks to you. *bow*

Chapter 3

My shift ended at 7:00pm, and I’m waiting for Mandy. She is still explaining to Joe about what is going to happen in a couple of days. My mind switched to Matt. I still have many questions about him but it’s not important enough to be answered. The door’s knob turned and Mandy appeared. She looked happy and when she saw me, she ran toward me. “Tina, my dreams came true!” Mandy said. I laughed at her and commented, “I felt bad for Joe, he is going to get molested by you,”

“What do you think about him? I think he is really nice. And did you see him making those weird sound with Cindy? It was totally cute!” Mandy put her hands on her cheeks and gave a school girl giggle.

“Are you okay?” I asked her with one of my eye brows raised. We continue to joke around until we reach our cars. I noticed that Matt’s car isn’t there anymore. He must go home already. I got into my car and drove home.

I opened my front door and turned on the light. I walked over to phone and saw two messages. I pressed the button that say check Messages.

{1:43}[Hi, It’s me, T.J. I know that you’ll be at work right now, but its 1:43pm. I have to call, want to go out to dinner sometimes? I was wondering, since your birthday is coming up, can we go out for dinner? Seven o’clock on September 8 okay? At Heritage Hills Hotel.]

{5:56} [Congratulation honey! Meet me at the Mall on Sunday, okay?]

I gave a huge sign, dinner and mall...I wondered what T.J. is doing, since I haven’t seen him for one month already. I changed to my pj then I opened my bedroom window. The wind is strong tonight and no stars. I closed my window knowing that there will be a storm coming. I lay on my bed as I looked at the white ceiling.

~*Give me a reason to believe that you’re gone
    I see your shadow so I know they’re all wrong
    Moonlight on the soft brown earth
    it leads me to where you lay
    They took you away from me but now I’m taking you home-- By evanescence*~

I have no idea where it’s taking me. It grabbed my left hand and pulled me along with it. My clothes are still covered in blood. The shadow and I walked slowly. One by one, the drops of blood from my clothes made a trail. Every step I took, my footprint engrossed on to the brown soil. The environment changed to a cemetery that has black fences set around graveyard’s perimeter. It looked oddly familiar but I can’t remember where I’ve seen it before. The shadow turned around and looked at me then pushed me onto the ground. I wanted to cry, but not even one tears flow out of my eyes. The shadow was no where in sight. I stood up quietly and then I looked around. A sharp metal stick slowly lift it self up, and wrote on a stone a letter C, soon followed I, then N..D..Y. The metal stick plunged onto the floor. I turned my head and saw a girl in a white hospital gown and is walked toward me. Even though she was far away, I could make out her features.

My eyes opened widely then I sat on my bed. I looked over to my alarm clock and it was 6:28. I got up and took a hot bath since I have a lot of time in my hands and I won’t be able to go back to sleep. I put on jeans and a gray sweater. Today is one of those lucky day that I get to eat breakfast. I open a new box of cinnamon toast crunch and pour some 2% milk in a bowl. I ate while I watched the news. A report about a man that either committed a suicided or happened in accident He was found dead in the ocean and his boat showed no sign of damages. I switched the channel since the nightmare I just had flooded my mind once again. I finished my breakfast and I walked to my room to get my backpack.

It was only 7:32am when I arrived at the MCC, I guess I can check on Cindy since I’m early today. I have to leave for a conference today at 8:30 with many other doctor and nurses. I didn’t need to put on my attire for today since I’m not going to be here half the time. I dropped my backpack off in the locker room and now I’m in the hall way to room 106.

“Hi,” a new nurse welcomed me as she passed me.

“Hello,” I replied.

“Are you a doctor here? I saw you walking out of the locker room,” She asked me suspiciously.

“Yes, I am, I won’t be here for long so I didn’t change,” I unpuzzled her with my answer.

“Ohhh, hii! I’m Lily,” she introduced her self with her.

“I’m Tina. Hey, we’re walking in the same direction!” I stated with enthusiastic in my voice.

“Yeah, I’m going to room 106, where are you going?” She asked with a smile. We continue to talk the whole way to Cindy’s room. Turned out she is the new nurse and I explained to her about myself and how Cindy is my first patient. We both waked into room 106 smiling like old friends, and there sat Joe on his bed watching news.

“Hey,” I said to Joe since Cindy is still asleep. “You’re early today!” Joe’s eyes dart to my direction as soon as he heard my voice. “You too!” He said.

“Hi, Joe,” Lily said as she walked to Joe and took a flower vase, then she left. “I want to put some flower in here, be right back!”

“When did you hired her?” I asked him.

“I didn’t, my mom did, she is somewhere in Germany right now running her business,” He took a short breath and continued, “She couldn’t take care of me so she hired a nurse.”

“Oh, where is your dad? Don’t you have any siblings ?” I asked him and I really felt bad for being nosy when I saw his eyes looked down at his bed sheets.

“My dad died few years back, and I don’t have any brother or sister,” he answered solemnly.

“Hey, its okay, I don’t have a dad either!” I said trying to cheer him up but I guess it didn’t. I was about to continue but Lily came back in with beautiful yellow and white chrysanthemum.

“Do you want any water? Or food?” She asked Joe.

“Joe can’t have any food until he get his x-ray done,” I said to Lily. “Dr. Rince will be here soon and you can catch up with all the information with her, okay? We exchanged a few more words until I have to leave for my conference.
    Last edited by PiggybackRIDE; 06-18-04 at 11:02 AM.