Thread: How did Mok Sing Guk fail to kill Sung Ching Sheu?

Default Why was it so hard for Mok Sing Guk to kill Sung Ching Sheu?

When Mo Dong Hero # 7 Mok Sing Guk discovered his apprentice nephew Sung Ching Sheu attempting to rape new Ngor Mei Sect leader Chow Chi Yerk, Mok was understandably incensed. In a righteous rage, Mok tried to kill Sung, but failed and let Sung briefly get away from him. Mok finally did catch up to him, but became entrapped by the Beggar's Union Elder Chan Yau Leung, who compelled Sung to murder Mok.

How was it so difficult for Mok Sing Guk to try to kill Sung Ching Sheu? Mok was one of the Mo Dong 7 Heroes, and although he was the youngest and weakest of the seven, he was good enough to even give such excellent fighters as White-Browed Eagle King Yan Teen Sing a run for his money. A junior fighter like Sung Ching Sheu, whose Mo Dong Sect martial arts would have been *very* familiar to Mok, should not have been difficult for Mok to kill. Logically, Mok should have been able to kill Sung with one blow in the very room where Sung had tried to rape Chow Chi Yerk, not let Sung evade him all the way into the wilderness where he would be entrapped by Chan.

I think perhaps he was hesitating to kill his nephew because, how would his senior martial brother react? When he finds out his brother killed his son? I mean perhaps trying to rape a girl didn't merit death punishment and perhaps the father would have scolded him and send him off to solitude confindment(sp?)? Mok probably was being sentimental and didn't really want to kill his nephew despite what Sung tried to do. So Mok decided against killing his nephew and he probably decided to capture his nephew and bring him back to Mo Dong Mountain to let the father punish his own son or discuss other ways of punishing Sung.

Even if he was the uncle, he probably thought he had no right to kill his nephew or do anything that drastic. Killing someone is after all permanent and can't be undone.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 06-17-04 at 03:56 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Even so, it should not be difficult for Mok to catch his nephew from the first place.

Probably his lightness gongfu was not good enough? I only remember he was proficient with external energy and projectile gongfu or something like that? Probably SQS was better than him in the lightness gongfu department so that it was not that easy for him to chase his nephew?

i doubt it. I mean he probably just didnt want to kill cheng sheu cause he had know him for what? 20 years or so? Watching him grow up and stuff. His brothers son is kinda of like his son, he wouldn't hav the heart to actually kill him.
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

It's a misconception that Mok Sing Kok could not defeat Sung Ching Shu. It's obvious through Sung's recounting that he would not have been able to win Mok without the help of Beggar Clan's Chan You Leung. Sung says something along this line:

"Chan You Leung, you used flowery words to pressure me. When uncle Mok chased up to me that night, I was not his match. I dishonored the reputation of Wu Dang, dying by his hands would've resolved everything. Who asked you to butt in and help? I fell for your trap, thus my honor/reputation is ruined and I can't save myself."

I'm guessing Mok just fell for some despicable trickery laid out by Chan and then Chan cajoles Sung that he needs to kill his martial uncle in order to keep mum.
    -SC

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

at that time Sung Ching Sheu is the only scion of wudang, we can keep out ZWJ of this coz he is not fully train in wudang martial arts. So the thought of killing his nephew is never come to his mind and hesitated, When some is feeling hesitated the never come to their 100% potential

Its imposible to kill someone when you don't want to kill him in the first place

How does Chen Youliang's kungfu compare to Muo Shenggu?