Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Translation of Meteor, Butterfly, Sword

Great job to everyone who is translating this. This is indeed a piece of gem. Please dont let this project stop!
    Thanks for "Stellar Transformations" and "A Martial Odyssey" and all the hardwork of all the translators.

I'm bumping this back up.

I'm currently finishing up the unabridged for 3rd Young Master. It should be done by end of next week. Afterward, I'll be taking a break for about 3 months.

However, I am interested picking another project. I am looking at project that started a long time ago but has not been completed yet. The two stories I'm interested in are Wulin Waishi and Meteor, Butterfly, Sword. I am going to pick one.

I want to know how many people are interested in having me finish this.

--

FYI, this stories has either 29 or 34 total chapters depending on source. Right now a bit more than 11 chapters have been translated. Based on my estimate, the length of the remaining chapters is about between the full Silver Spear novel and Third Young Master. If I commit to this and start around the last days of 2013, I'll be locked up till probably July 2015. I'm only promising at least 1 posting per week and it might not even be a complete chapter. These chapters are long.

Er .. you can do both? ... Just kidding kaister.

Please do both but one at a time. Thanks for working on the unfinished translations.

looking forward to the complete novel...

someone can post the link for download or watch online the 2010 drama subbed?(i cant find it subbed :T)

I appreciate the translation

Well, I'm just gonna pick one. As for doing both, I don't want to make too many promises.

Also, I'm going slowly. Haha...if anyone want to wrestle this from me...fell free to take it. It'll make my decision easier.

I prefer MBS.

I would also prefer MBS

Yes, please complete the novel

Quick update just so people know I'm not dead or anything...lol...

Unfortunately, I'm taking a hiatus...busy with life...so I'll not be picking up any new novel translation.

I'll reconsider if I have any free time. As for now if anyone want to continue any of these translation (MBS and WLWS), go ahead and claim it.

Sorry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kaister View Post
    Quick update just so people know I'm not dead or anything...lol...

Unfortunately, I'm taking a hiatus...busy with life...so I'll not be picking up any new novel translation.

I'll reconsider if I have any free time. As for now if anyone want to continue any of these translation (MBS and WLWS), go ahead and claim it.

Sorry guys.
    I was just about to send a reminder as I was looking forward to your new translation. Too bad, will miss your presence. All the best. Hope you will come back soon.

Been thinking about this translation... For readers who understands Cantonese, we can connect to the following song ?

And although novel's uncompleted, I believe worth (re-)reading to where it got to
    « I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. » — 弗拉基米爾·弗拉基米羅維奇·納博科夫

Some readers may be interested to watch this recent dramatisation :
    « I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. » — 弗拉基米爾·弗拉基米羅維奇·納博科夫

I would be more interested to read the rest of the story But thanks.

February 6th is a public holiday in New Zealand called Waitangi Day… The indigenous Maori has this term « tino rangatiratanga » which gets casually translated into « self-determination. »

Quote Originally Posted by WesY2K View Post
    I would be more interested to read the rest of the story But thanks.
    Myself, I'm sure I'll regret not putting regular time towards bettering my Chinese, whether listening, reading…

Quote Originally Posted by 徐中銳 View Post
    Been thinking about this translation... For readers who understands Cantonese, we can connect to the following song ?

And although novel's uncompleted, I believe worth (re-)reading to where it got to
    Better yet, why don't you carry on the translation, and we "connect" to that? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to experience the depth and detail you would derive from the original text...

My favourite novel happens to be Ada, or Ardor: A Family Chronicle by Vladimir Nabokov. It's a very challenging novel, not least because, in order to enjoy and truly appreciate it, I have to be a detective and follow up on allusions.

So, in my heart, I'd rather re-read/study Ada and improve my English (because, after all, I live in a predominately English speaking country).

Quote Originally Posted by Patudo View Post
    Better yet, why don't you carry on the translation, and we "connect" to that? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to experience the depth and detail you would derive from the original text...
    I wrote the following in another thread :
    What kind of a mindset drives a person to translate a wuxia novel completely ?

For 大唐雙龍傳, I actually care most only for a specific aspect—namely what concerns 石青璇. In short, neither of the main male protagonists, 徐子陵 nor 寇仲, prompts me to investigate all details of their development. For my fuller reasoning, that'll be another time.

Well, this quoted reference for anyone who'd like to translate Kňu Zhňng's marriage proposal in Book 57, Chapter 7 :
    宋……
    There are no wuxia novels that I know which will prompt me to want to translate it completely. There are merely wuxia passages which personally resonate.

Do think 古龍 gets too sentimental ?

Take a glimpse of http://www.ada.auckland.ac.nz in how it « combines the text of Vladimir Nabokov's longest and richest novel, in one frame, and in another, annotations and fore- and afternotes to each chapter by Brian Boyd, hyperlinked to each other and to a third frame incorporating supplementary materials, especially pictorial illustrations and a list of verbal and thematic Motifs in the novel. »

There are no wuxia novels that I know which will prompt me to want to translate it completely. There are merely wuxia passages which personally resonate.
    By all means feel free just to translate just those passages which resonate. We would love the opportunity to appreciate the work of an individual with such concern for nuance and detail.