Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Burning Flames II 《烈火雄心II》

Originally posted by cherrie
    if alex fong's character died, it would be okay for me
    HAHAHA!! Ditto cherrie.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

i hated the parts between him and yoyo mung. but the part when they showed us how they fell in love was okay
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

alex fong's character was uninteresting ...so was his love triangle but i find him more tolerable than louis koo in bf1. koo's overexposure and his character did not appeal to me. I'm almost finishing bf2 and going to watch bf1 again to compare and comment abt them after that. as the bf series is one of my fav.

cheers

so you're watching this right now? is bf 1 better than bf 2?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

i like bf2, very good. i think the best series since bf1. all the other series coming out now sucks. i have to say that the lil girl was themost interesting and best actress in the whole series. and wong hei of course the second. too bad jessica was not in it. the love triangle drags alot and not interesting at all.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

i plan to have a copy of this and bf 1. worth it?
    cherrie

Of course Jenny Shing is a good actress! She won a prize in the TVB anniversary thingy in 2002 for on of the most loved TV characters! It's kind of strange to think she's actually 10! Wong Hei had said in some interview that he talked to the director of BF2 and they were discussing who should die, him or Yiu Yiu. He said that it would be good if Jenny Shing died as it would be such a surprise for the audience but in reality she's only a child and it wouldn't be very good for her...
    My cousin works at TVB magazine as a journalist so she meets all the celebs etc and apparently Jenny Shing is really naughty and kept pinching the other children...
    ~*~It is all a matter of The Eye
    Actors> Raymond Lam, Ron Ng, Bosco Wong, Francis Ng, Bobby Au Yeung, Nick Cheung, Moses Chan
    Actresses> Michelle Ye, Tavia Yeung, Jessica Hsuan, Flora Chan

really? well she looks naughty anyway i can't believe she and her brother are siblings. they don't look similar. what's her brother's name again?
    cherrie

heh...thats hilarious. just watching her performance alone in bf2, i used up my lifetime's capacity for cuteness, she is simply too adorable and her voice just oozes innocent charm. she can make me go awww... all day.

I'm rewatching bf1 again and my understanding is most people preferred part 1 as compared to the sequel, i guess although opinions vary, bf1 was more popular from ratings of view. personally, my feelings are rather mixed on this issue. i must say i thought bf2 is vastly underrated. on the other hand, there were a few undeserved praises for bf1. there are different emphasis placed on 1 and 2..as such will appeal to different people..

so your conclusion is....?
    cherrie

Actually, I don't know her brother's name either. Can anyone tell me?
    ~*~It is all a matter of The Eye
    Actors> Raymond Lam, Ron Ng, Bosco Wong, Francis Ng, Bobby Au Yeung, Nick Cheung, Moses Chan
    Actresses> Michelle Ye, Tavia Yeung, Jessica Hsuan, Flora Chan

i can't remember his english name. his chinese name is cheng chan kuen (mandarin)
    cherrie

Bumping this thread up!

I'm currently engrossed over this series. It's been a while since I last saw a show that made me wished I could watch all of it at one go.

Wong Hei and Maggie are incredible in here. I haven't got to the ending, but knowing that Wong Hei is gonna die already depresses me. I really love Maggie's character in here. She's like the model reformed delinquent, but I was very comfortable with it because the script doesn't try to make a social lesson out of it. It was dignified without being didactic.

You here, Goddess? I'm getting to the parts where Annie's Heung Yeung is becoming very unreasonable and oh boy, she is irritating. When Stephen Au said he chooses his career over her I was going attaboy!

On second thoughts, I'm also warming up to the Alex/Yoyo story. Being told about how they met made me understood how a capable man like him could have such a useless wife. The scenes at the airport fire-station were shot very well too. I'm really impressed with the part where Yoyo runs to Alex to tell him she's about to be transferred, and coming from the opposite direction in the background is a plane that's about to take off. Must've taken the director ages to get that shot. All those crane and aerial shots at the air-port really gave the Alex/Yoyo story a romantic touch that help convert me.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

now, this story is damn touching and i cried when wong hei died.
    maggie is a cool actress ey?
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

Oh this was 1 of the best series sequels! I cried too wen
    Life is what U make it...
    ...So make sure U live with no regrets...
    ...and live it to the MAXX!!!

(oops pressed the wrong button!) Wong He died, wen he was saying "Yiu Yiu dad's coming home" as he was bashin the wall
    Jenny can sure cry! Watchin her cry on her dads bed wen she askd he uncle "dad's not coming home home is he?" (i wantd 2 hug her so badly!!!)
    Life is what U make it...
    ...So make sure U live with no regrets...
    ...and live it to the MAXX!!!

Originally posted by c13:4567
    heh...thats hilarious. just watching her performance alone in bf2, i used up my lifetime's capacity for cuteness, she is simply too adorable and her voice just oozes innocent charm. she can make me go awww... all day.

That is well said!!! Completely agree.

jenny shing is one of the best child actress around. she beats the HK beauty queen rejects
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

certainly! can't stand those extra kids who cried scratching their dried eyes. got the picture? i had recently finished bf1, and i think it's better than this serial. the only thing that made this series memorable is because of wong hei's death. that's all
    cherrie

I've finally finished BF2 and found the ending rather anti-climatic. I felt that if they were going to kill off Wong Hei's character, the fire he was fighting should've been bigger and more harrowing. There wasn't much set-up involved, and suddenly, poof, he's dead. Does anyone feel this way?

Maybe it's because I've read too much hype on his death scene, so when it really happened, I couldn't help but go "that was it?"
    The other reason is I just saw a HK fire-fighting movie recently. Has anyone seen it before? The one starring Lau Ching Wan and Carmen Lee.

The ending was almost similar to BF2. Lau Ching Wan proposes to Carmen and runs off to a mission which involves a really massive fire. The movie did a great job pacing the harrowing escapes of the team and I was left sitting on the edge of my seat wondering if Lau Ching Wan would get out alive to marry Carmen Lee.

I mean BF2 is 35 episodes, a movie is 2.5 hrs long at most, and I felt the movie did a much better job pacing the final fire better than BF2 did.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson