Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Burning Flames II 《烈火雄心II》

bf2 lacked action scenes
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

I think it have more focus on Tin Tak's scary cat attitude.

Hehehe, finished it all up now Arashi? What would you rate the serial?

Gosh, I was thinking of re-renting it since I've been told that Jack Wu, Ron Ng, Bosco Wong, and etc are in the serial as minors. I want to see how they were in there!!!!

Did you notice them Arashi?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

I've heard how BF1 has a more scary villian, but from what I've heard, it sounds like 'Golden Faith' style + fire-fighting. I rather like BF2's concentration on the lives of ordinary people. Kevin Cheng isn't a "jian-ren" but rather a "xiao-ren", which suits the story purpose perfectly. Anyway, I'm in the process of getting BF1 now, so I'll see how both compares later.

Hmm, out of 5 stars, I'd give 4.5. Like I mention, I felt the last part was quite anti-climatic. And the speed which Maggie breaks up with Kevin, to going out with Wong Hei, to Wong Hei proposing and dying - it all happened too fast! I felt the script didn't do enough to establish Wong Hei and Maggie's relationship and somehow the impact got lost. In terms of impetus, I think the Alex/Yoyo's story is probably the most well-paced. Stephen and Annie's story felt like it was there mostly for comic effect, there isn't much memorable about them.

And oh yes, I noticed all of them, Goddess. Jack Wu is the guy who always gets accused of suckering up to Alex. He's really verbal in there. Ron Ng plays one of Stephen's 'brothers'. Kenneth Ma also serves under Alex's firestation. I think Bosco is one of the firemen as well.
    Water is taught by thirst - Emily Dickinson

My thoughts on BFII...so far.

I can't really remember much of BFI... it did leave a good impression when I finished watching it... but other than that, can't remember a thing.

So far... Jenny Shing stands out the most! She is awfully cute... and it's amazing how she can remember all her lines and they're so long! Love her

Wong Hei... was a really, really lazy fireman... seven years in the force and never once a promotion... anyhow, I loved seeing how his respect and admiration grew for Alex... and how they're good comrades and friends now... the camaraderie is what makes it good, I suppose.

Right now... I'm thinking "poor Alex"... Yoyo seems like the one who's just draining their marriage down the gutter. It's like he tries to talk to her, tries to convince her otherwise... yet she doesn't listen. Her character doesn't appeal to me at all! It is obvious, though...that Alex really loves her... they're complete opposites and yet they've been together for five years (am I right?) ... and she can be very childish sometimes, and yet he can put up with her... if that's not love... what is?

Arashi, you're right...Bosco's one of the firemen in the diving team. And Jack's the verbal one... no wonder he gets so many lines!

Kevin Cheng's character still irritates me though...

i was really annoyed by yoyo and annie's character. both of them had guys who really loved them, but all they did was being irrational
    Last edited by cherrie; 04-30-04 at 08:43 PM.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Hey cherrie!

I agree... but for Annie, it was partly understandable...

For Yoyo, I couldn't agree more.

Hey Arashi Oh, so Kenneth also has an appearence? Anyways I have also heard many people compare BF to BF2 and its the whole villian thing that comes up also. I havn't seen BF yet, but I know for sure that BF2 is very good. I've been planning on renting BF, but have stalled for so long, I dont' know. Do tell me what you think once you see it

Hi Ya d3bbie Hehe, actually for me, I really dislike Jenny Shing for some reason....Yeah, she is a good child actress, but still. Anyways off her topic now. I liked Yoyo's character in here the most probably. I don't think she had the whole blame on the marriage thing. I think its Alex and Flora's fault as well though. If only Alex had been honest with Yoyo on this situation and hadn't sorta re-kindled his relationship with Flora then this mess could have been avoided.

Hi cherrie!!! Oh, gotta agree on Annie there, but not really Yoyo. Annie's character annoyed me. I was so annoyed at her since Stephen treated her so well, but she kept on being so unreasonable. She cares for his saftey, but she should respect him as well. I could not stand when she took some guy to the fire station and pretended she was going to marry him
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

Hiya goddess The one person who's really, really getting on my nerves right now is Kevin... he always has to play these really crappy characters... More often than not, I have the urge to want to throw the remote control at him...

Then again... if it weren't for the breakup in Yoyo and Alex's relationship... they wouldn't have been a chance for Yoyo to learn how to be independent and not depend on Alex most of the time... I guess the both of them learnt a lesson there... one to be independent, one to realise that the person he really, really loves in Yoyo. As for Flora's character, there's nothing to really hate about her... the moment she realised that there was no way she could hurt her good friend... she let go... giving them another chance because she knows how much they actually love each other.

I guess Yoyo does think too much sometimes... she does have too much time on her hands...

Alex was probably attracted to Flora... at a low point in his and Yoyo's relationship... she was being very clingy and childish while Flora was the total opposite, i.e. his equal. Plus, the fact that they wrote letters when they were little contributed to his attraction.

i agree there. actually i felt sorry for flora in the end. she deserves someone better. it's so sad that she ended up alone
    cherrie

Talk about Flora Chan's character in series or in a movie.

Why she almost always want to act a character that ends up alone?

Triumph in the Skies, Burning Flames II...for example.

In the movie Fleece Word Fire something (can't remember the title). Her character end up alone in a rushed scene.

hmmmm....
    Last edited by KennyLeeJianSiong; 05-03-04 at 01:43 AM.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

I just finished BFII a few days ago... (watching Summer Scent now, but that's beside the point)

I kept wondering why they ended the story the way it did... what if Kevin died instead? Then I thought, if Kevin died...the death would not of any magnitude at it... it wouldn't have hit anybody the way Wong Hei's death did...

Wong Hei's death held great significance... because it impacted everybody, both major and minor characters as well as the audience...

Poor Jenny Shing can really, really cry though... it was a heartwrenching scene, I must say. Wong Hei's death made Kevin decide to become a better person, as late as that happened, I supposed it's good it did...

His comrades took Jenny under their wing and treated her like their own daughter... which was awfully sweet.

Perhaps Alex emailed Yoyo about the incident... and about his thoughts/feelings... and that changed Yoyo's mind about the whole "let's just be friends" idea... and decided to appreciate Alex's love and cherish the relationship that they ought to have i.e. not to be so stubborn/irrational.

Overall... despite the death, BFII was an awesome series. WH's character was given a change to develop... we saw him "grew". I must say the pace of Maggie's and his relationship was *fast*... from suddenly dating to proposing?

cherrie, I agree - she does deserve someone better! But I suppose BFII wasn't about her... she was there for a single purpose only... sad, huh?

Kenny, I think the script is Flora's choice but she doesn't write the scripts... and she is sort of stereotyped to play those really strong, independent characters, who are pretty vulnerable on the inside... yet the world sees them as career women who do not depend on men for everything.

I thought her role in Case of Misadventure was fresh... she's usually more gracious and more polite... I didn't expect to see her in such a "housewifely" role.

Well, it was totally different is Case of Misadventure.

I have to agree.

when i thought of flora chan, the first thing that comes in my mind was an independent but vulnerable woman. very graceful, very womanly. but know what? they said, real life flora is actually very boyish they said that in the making of tits. where they showed that in flora's wedding scene (when they were all dancing around), flora was actually wearing rubber shoes!
    cherrie

what? Rubber shoes? didn't notice that in Triumph in the skies.

of course you won't notice that, it is not even shown! they showed it in the making though
    cherrie

aiyah! I should go download the making of Triumph in the skies.

heheheh

Originally posted by cherrie
    when i thought of flora chan, the first thing that comes in my mind was an independent but vulnerable woman. very graceful, very womanly. but know what? they said, real life flora is actually very boyish they said that in the making of tits. where they showed that in flora's wedding scene (when they were all dancing around), flora was actually wearing rubber shoes!
    Hey cherrie!

Now that you mention it... yes. I remember the rubber shoes! Kenny, she was wearing the rubber shoes instead of heels while she was wearing the wedding dress.

Kenny, you should... I found the making very amusing.

problem is, I have to find the making show first.

Hey Kenny... I have it on recorded on DVD... too bad I can't send it to you!