Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Burning Flames II 《烈火雄心II》

errrrrrrrr i thought this is the bf2 thread??

this series is really really good...but re-watching it is not that thrilling anymore because I already know the ending...dang it..
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

sorry, got a bit off topic there. :
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Originally posted by MeMyselfandI2000

this series is really really good...but re-watching it is not that thrilling anymore because I already know the ending...dang it..
    Hi MeMyselfandI2000!
    I actually thought that ending was sort of an anticlimax sort of thing... it wasn't expected. If I didn't know that Wong Hei was going to die already, I would've expected to see a happy ending!

yes, you're right. if i hadn't known the ending beforehand, i would really expect a happy ending. at least for wong hei and maggie
    kenny: i had recorded it on vcd. but like d3bbie, i don't know how to send it to you
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I used to not wanna know an ending of a serie (the same with reading a novel), but, lately I've come to a preference to not waste my time with series that aren't worth it. This serie is an exception, though I knew the ending before I see it, it actually made me curious on how this serie is delivered, and I'm telling you, the ending DID NOT disappoint me.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

yes, it actually didn't disappoint me as i had expected. im just saddened. but when i saw the value of kei tak's death, it made me think whether to burn a copy of this series or not i didn't...but i plan to buy a copy of this
    i don't like alex and yoyo's ending though. i think it will be better if they ended up with each other considering the fact that yoyo had become independent
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Originally posted by belki
    I used to not wanna know an ending of a serie (the same with reading a novel), but, lately I've come to a preference to not waste my time with series that aren't worth it. This serie is an exception, though I knew the ending before I see it, it actually made me curious on how this serie is delivered, and I'm telling you, the ending DID NOT disappoint me.
    Well, it was a disappointment in my opinion. Real huge disappointment considering the storyline was very incline towards a good ending or at least a decent ending. In the end, I was left jumping in frustration. you get the idea.

Yeah I agree..when I saw the ending I was like, "What what what?! What just happened? Did he like, DIE?"
    And then I just felt so sad for the little kid...
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

sad for Tin Tak's daughter. now have to be taken care by father's girlfriend. tragic end.....

I know what you mean, but I'm just so amazed with the ending and it left a great impression for me, I was like...'this is like sooo real, things like this could happen in real life'...and it made the serie so unforgettable.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

it know it might happen in real life. but this is a show. After episode and episode of good showing, ending so tragically. Can't really accept it.

IMO, since the series evolved around Wong Hei's character... the series had to end with him. He had to have the last word. His death was the only way to do it with great magnitude. It was a way to learn lessons for each one of them... Kevin's character to be a better person... Yoyo to appreciate what she always had with Alex... you get my drift.

The ending was a sad one... yes, but it was a good one, on a whole. It made BFII worth watching... think what would happen if Kevin's character died instead. Would you be sitting here going, "WHAT?!!?"? I doubt it. It wouldn't have created the slightest wave for most people...

For Wong Hei's character... we watched him develop, we watched him grow up... we saw how amazing he was with his daughter... we saw him protecting Maggie...

Like Greek heroes, he died an honourable death, doing what he did best... dying in "the line of battle"... saving lives.

His daughter, and Maggie had something to be proud of... everyone learnt their life's lessons from him...

Like belki said, it makes the series "unforgettable"...

Who wouldn't want a copy of BFII?

i agree with belki. for me, if not for the tragic end, this series will not be memorable. and wong hei's death brought out the good of everyone
    cherrie

Actually, I do believe if Tin Tak didn't die, it would be also unforgettable.

However, him dying only adds to the tragicness of the ending. And that alone is another kind of unforgettableness.

um...imho, i find the series ok-ok as i was watching it. im very bored with the love triangle of yoyo-alex-flora. i enjoy watching only the fire scenes, tak tin, yiu yiu, and maggie (forgot her name there) and also the stories behind the firefighters (like how the old fireman failed to save his son...etc.) but with the ending, it gave a strong and standing ovation ending (yeah, im jumping with frustration too )
    cherrie

more like jumping and swearing in frustration for me. ;0

to tell u honestly, im jumping, muttering, and crying
    cherrie

I spent the whole last episode...awaiting the time to come for Tin Tak to die... honestly... I knew he was going to die.... so it kinda spoilt the whole ending for me... I just sat there wondering when he was going to die..

BUT...

It was definitely heart-wrenching...how Yiu Yiu sat there...looking out the window... Maggie telling her to be a good girl... her Uncle telling her the same...

Nobody knew exactly how to go about Tin Tak's death... it wasn't expected...

cherrie, I thought the Yoyo-Alex-Flora triangle was worth watching. It showed another side of Alex... I didn't expect anyone like Alex to fall for such a ditzy Yoyo... it was quite endearing... yet at times, irritating...

well, i really agree with your views on yoyo-alex-flora, but there are really times that i ff the parts showing yoyo and alex.
    somehow, yiu yiu appeared to be the strongest to accept his father's death. i think they said that in the ending
    cherrie

well, yiu yiu got a headstart when her mother died. go figure.