Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Burning Flames II 《烈火雄心II》

but still...if it were you, will u be able to accept immediately? the bad guy also lost his parents before finally losing his brother, his only relative too...
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

well, human do have a certain level of understanding.

If we assume Yiu Yiu understand her father's job, then I don't see why.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

and her understanding is what makes wong hei's death really hearbreaking. don't you think so?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Originally posted by cherrie
    and her understanding is what makes wong hei's death really hearbreaking. don't you think so?
    that I understand and I do think so. that also make me understand that this is life. sadly.

sad reality indeed
    cherrie

frankly, i don't really like tragic endings.

I always think a show is for entertainment. If an ending ends so tragically, it is way to close to reality. Sometimes have to have some fantasy.

im quite opposite. sometimes i prefer sad endings if the series will have more sense. i don't like unrealistic endings
    cherrie

want tragic? read the news.

Really tragic.

Yeah, I understand what you mean, but with all the tragic in this world, a bit of fantasy won't hurt.

I like happy endings too but sometimes, something as memorable as the ending of BF2 what makes me treasure how a serie is worth as a wholesome.
    When I wake up in the morning I always remind myself to 'Seize the Day.'

the ending only makes me dislike Burning Flames II.

Probably my expectation was a tad high for at least a decent ending. Never even expected a tragic one.

I'ld agree with belki. Can't always get a happy ending since nothing can always end up happy and it would get a bit boring after a while if everything ended up nice and happily. Tragic endings are indeed very memorable and some of the most tearjerking moments.....

But I agree with you too Kenny. Fantasy in series are good too, gives you some time to leave the "real" world for a "fantasy" world
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    I'ld agree with belki. Can't always get a happy ending since nothing can always end up happy and it would get a bit boring after a while if everything ended up nice and happily. Tragic endings are indeed very memorable and some of the most tearjerking moments.....

But I agree with you too Kenny. Fantasy in series are good too, gives you some time to leave the "real" world for a "fantasy" world
    there is too much tragic in real life already. And when you watch a show, you expect to have some fantasy left. And when it turn out to be another tragic end. it is just like watching the news.

Makes people uncomfortable. I know I did.

Yeah, I'ld agree that a lot of tragic things are happening in real life and its nicer to have a happy ending. However for me, I rather have some realistic scenes/endings in a serial. I find that its better to have an idea of what are some real possibilities in where life can go. Real life lessons can come from tragic endings.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

It's TV. And I hope that sometimes that they will have happy endings or decent ones. bf2's ending was too tragic for me... *sigh*...but very memorable...

We all should thank god that TVB series endings are not as tragic as some of the Korean Drama endings where everyone dies.
    Eric Bana= Hot
    Brad Pitt= GOD

Originally posted by goddessofhonour
    Yeah, I'ld agree that a lot of tragic things are happening in real life and its nicer to have a happy ending. However for me, I rather have some realistic scenes/endings in a serial. I find that its better to have an idea of what are some real possibilities in where life can go. Real life lessons can come from tragic endings.
    i certainly agree w/ u!
    meandmyself: i really don't like korean endings. if not it's too tragic or too rushed, or they give u 'huh' parts in the end
    cherrie

Originally posted by cherrie
    well, i really agree with your views on yoyo-alex-flora, but there are really times that i ff the parts showing yoyo and alex.
    somehow, yiu yiu appeared to be the strongest to accept his father's death. i think they said that in the ending
    Yoyo's character can really get on one's nerves sometimes.

Yes, Yiu Yiu accepted her father's death gracefully... she found solace in knowing she had so many other people who would love her as her father had... she was strong because she believed that was what her father would've wanted.

Like her father, she persevered... Maggie needed her, to survive... the firemen saw her as someone else to live for... to pull through each rescue and come out alive because she'll always be there waiting. Tin Tak came through each fire... because he knew Yiu Yiu needed him.

I don't mind tragic endings... just as long as its realistic. I hated endings such as Seed of Hope's. Or cliffhangers such as AR4... in order to make another sequel.

Korean drama endings are melodramatic... sometimes they do come up with good endings, although rather abrupt.

I hate Korean endings. HATE!
    If fact I hate Korean dramas.

Anyway, still say Burning Flames 2 will be better off with a decent ending than a tragic one.

Originally posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    I hate Korean endings. HATE!
    If fact I hate Korean dramas.

Anyway, still say Burning Flames 2 will be better off with a decent ending than a tragic one.
    Hehe, Kenny... then don't watch K-dramas... (Although I do enjoy them to a certain extent)

And...tell ya what rewatch BFII and then stop when Wong Hei proposes to Maggie... or the part where they leave for a rescue... imagining that he already answered the IQ question and she agreed. That'd be the perfect ending...although rather abrupt!

Originally posted by d3bbie
    Hehe, Kenny... then don't watch K-dramas... (Although I do enjoy them to a certain extent)

stop watching them long time ago.

Rather abrupt ending but at least not tragic. I would rather love that ending.

Originally posted by d3bbie
    And...tell ya what rewatch BFII and then stop when Wong Hei proposes to Maggie... or the part where they leave for a rescue... imagining that he already answered the IQ question and she agreed. That'd be the perfect ending...although rather abrupt!
    But if wouldn't have been as memorable.

You have to admit that for whatever the 'horrible' ending it was, it did create an unforgettable impact.
    "The who having wha with huh?"