Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Burning Flames II 《烈火雄心II》

Originally posted by gooze
    But if wouldn't have been as memorable.

You have to admit that for whatever the 'horrible' ending it was, it did create an unforgettable impact.
    Indeed The impact it created was heart-wrenching... but in a way, it was a good ending.

It does depend on how you define "good" though... good in terms of a series... not "good" in terms of it being happy/sad... if you get what I mean.

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

But if wouldn't have been as memorable.

You have to admit that for whatever the 'horrible' ending it was, it did create an unforgettable impact.
    for me. I just don't want anymore tragic-ness then there already is. (me = emotional person).
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Originally posted by d3bbie
    Yoyo's character can really get on one's nerves sometimes.

Yes, Yiu Yiu accepted her father's death gracefully... she found solace in knowing she had so many other people who would love her as her father had... she was strong because she believed that was what her father would've wanted.

Like her father, she persevered... Maggie needed her, to survive... the firemen saw her as someone else to live for... to pull through each rescue and come out alive because she'll always be there waiting. Tin Tak came through each fire... because he knew Yiu Yiu needed him.

I don't mind tragic endings... just as long as its realistic. I hated endings such as Seed of Hope's. Or cliffhangers such as AR4... in order to make another sequel.

Korean drama endings are melodramatic... sometimes they do come up with good endings, although rather abrupt.
    you had just said my thoughts!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

talking about cliffhangers. Some producer are hoping for a 2,3 or even 4th sequel for a show, so some endings are more tend to have cliffhangers. $ talks.

speaking of cliffhangers, there's a time where tvb (and even atv) producers are very fond of cliffhanger endings. i hate it! i'd rather have a corny ending than a cliffhanger ending! it's like, you watch the whole 40 or 50 episode for a cliffhanger?!?!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

ok, this is my irony. I rather have a Burning Flames 2 style tragic ending rather than a cliffhanger ending.

I hate cliffhanger ending more than I dislike tragic endings. So, I rather have a tragic ending than a cliffhanger one. I don't want to burst my brains out wondering what will happen next IF there is no sequel.

true!
    cherrie

a couple of old TVB series (can't remember the name already) that I saw was soooo cliffed hanged that I was screaming (real screaming) at the tv. My mom who was watching turn and looked at me and said "you crazy already?"

looking back in anger?
    cherrie

Originally posted by cherrie
    looking back in anger?
    yeah, something like that. So, I definately hate cliffhanger endings. I don't want to waste brain cells just wondering what did or what happened next.

i had just seen it a month ago. and im also quite unhappy abt that ending!
    cherrie

another kind of ending that I rather do without is the one they employed in Square Pegs. that's not a cliffhanger, but it didn't really tie up the loose ends. And I was sooo disappointed at it that Square Pegs in my opinion become from good to suck.

yes, though i never really liked square pegs a lot, but the ending contributed to the lowering of my personal rating of the series
    cherrie

if i was to rate episode 1 till 19. I would give it high ones, but then that would not be fair as there was not ending to it. Epi 20 send the rating to nosedive so drasticly, I was cursing myself that I shouldn't have watch it in the first place.

Let's just say I'm really glad BFII had absolutely nothing to do with BFI... other than the fact that some of the casts were similar. Thank goodness! It might've spoilt it... it mightn't have... I'd rather not know

Yes, cliffhangers... can be good IF we know for sure the sequel is coming out... with hopes that the sequel isn't going to spoil a good series.

Square Pegs is an example of another horrible ending... horrible in the sense that it gave no closure to either relationship.
    (I do still find it a terrific series though, partly due to Roger's amazing portrayal of Ah Wong)

Kenny... getting all worked up about endings.... everyone should be used to. Anybody watching with me just stares at me when I go on and on about how the protagonist shouldn't be doing this... etc. etc. You get my drift I get very involved... haha. How I wish I could ring them up to tell them not to do this... or to do that.

cherrie, glad I managed to read your mind

Let's just say I'm really glad BFII had absolutely nothing to do with BFI... other than the fact that some of the casts were similar. Thank goodness! It might've spoilt it... it mightn't have... I'd rather not know
    agree.

I didn't like BF1 towards the end 'cos it started to totally deviate from the theme of story. BF2 seemed to stick truer to its theme and I guess there was a lot more memorable performances in BF2 than in BF1.
    "The who having wha with huh?"

Kenny... getting all worked up about endings.... everyone should be used to. Anybody watching with me just stares at me when I go on and on about how the protagonist shouldn't be doing this... etc. etc. You get my drift I get very involved... haha. How I wish I could ring them up to tell them not to do this... or to do that.
    All I want to do is beat the crap out of the scriptwriters. that's what I always wanted to do.

Originally posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    All I want to do is beat the crap out of the scriptwriters. that's what I always wanted to do.
    u and almost everyone else
    "The who having wha with huh?"

u and almost everyone else
    I would say so. since TV is a big part of people's life.

Gosh, I totally agree with you guys!!! Like in every single Korean serial, there always has to be someone who dies!!! The only Korean serial I've seen where everyone lives in Beautiful Days...well the main stars lived lets put it. Gosh, and to think they were going to make Choi Ji Woo die!!!

Back to BF2 though Nothing to comment on it at the moment though so next time

PS - Kenny, nice signature
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.