Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: To Get Unstuck In Time 《隔世追兇》

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    actually, Morning Sir did not change the past. His father did. You must understand that only the future can be change but not the past. Morning Sir father in the past changed "what should happened" to "what didn't happened". As to why Morning Sir remembers the first reality, that is up for debate. I don't have a theory for that one.

You asked a good question there. What's happened to the Morning Sir in the first reality? Actually, I think that reality ceased to exists anymore. let me show you in a picture.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/kennyljs/realities.txt')

you see, from the picture, the realities are interconnected. That's my theory. But it doesn't explained why Morning Sir remembers the first reality and why everyone else didn't.

hehehe nice diagram

Well, the 1st reality doesn't cease to exist. It only ceased to exist from the perspective of Morning Sir. But from the perspective of the rest of the people in the 1st reality, that reality continues to exist, but Morning Sir has disappeared. This is known as observer effect.

If I were writing a sequel, Ko San would find ways (a wormhole perhaps?) to travel to the 2nd/3rd reality to find the missing Morning Sir. And Morning, facing Nicole and Ko San before him, would have a headache deciding who to love more LOL

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shungshung
    hehehe nice diagram

Well, the 1st reality doesn't cease to exist. It only ceased to exist from the perspective of Morning Sir. But from the perspective of the rest of the people in the 1st reality, that reality continues to exist, but Morning Sir has disappeared. This is known as observer effect.

If I were writing a sequel, Ko San would find ways (a wormhole perhaps?) to travel to the 2nd/3rd reality to find the missing Morning Sir. And Morning, facing Nicole and Ko San before him, would have a headache deciding who to love more LOL
    I disagree and agree. The first reality ceased to exist when Morning Sir's dad saved Ko San from being hit by the Mini. My diagram explained that. the first reality made a U-turn.
    I have consider the Observer Effect, but if it was that case, If the first reality still exist, another Morning Sir will still be there in the first reality. because he can't just disappear and yet the others are still there in the first reality. that doesn't make sense. So, I consider that and said that the first reality ceased to exist would be a better explaination.

Good idea on the sequel, but that idea is just tooooo Back To The Future and choosing from 2 SAME girls is just old ideas. No offence.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Talking

I disagree and agree. The first reality ceased to exist when Morning Sir's dad saved Ko San from being hit by the Mini. My diagram explained that. the first reality made a U-turn.
    I have consider the Observer Effect, but if it was that case, If the first reality still exist, another Morning Sir will still be there in the first reality. because he can't just disappear and yet the others are still there in the first reality. that doesn't make sense. So, I consider that and said that the first reality ceased to exist would be a better explaination.
    I think it's more "kind hearted" and logical to think only Morning Sir disappear instead of the whole 1st reality (with all the ppl in it) disappear. Morning Sir has disappeared because he has "travelled" to the 2nd/3rd reality. When you travel from one place to another, you "disappear" from the 1st place, right? Morning Sir is not God, he can't make the whole reality disappear. You're giving him too much power

Good idea on the sequel, but that idea is just tooooo Back To The Future and choosing from 2 SAME girls is just old ideas. No offence.
    hehehe.....if you think this idea is old idea, this means you, subconsiously and the majority of writers think Morning Sir is the one who disapppear. If not, how would Ko San and Nicole appear at the same time before him LOL

not to say we are giving him too much power. He helped changed the past. From the instance his father saved Ko Shan, what SHOULD happen in the first reality, DID NOT happened.
    I only can't explained why Morning Sir can remember the first reality. But to give it a big shot, i would say he did skipped realities, but the first reality has to cease to exist. If not, people in the first reality will be still there, and yet Morning Sir just disappear, that doesn't make sense in the sense of the timeline. The past will always be the past. If Morning Sir disappear from the first reality, that would mean his just disappear. which doesn't explain his existences before he disappear.

What I meant by old is that the idea of trying to choose from 2 girls is just like the situation in Square Pegs. Only this variation is the girl is the same girl with differences.

hey can u guys tell me what happened at the end? i've only seen a few episodes and too lazy to watch the whole thing. how did roger's dad die? and can flora walk later on? did flora and roger end up together?
    i luv c~H~a~R~m~A~i~N~e

Quote Originally Posted by mSsHoRtCaKe
    hey can u guys tell me what happened at the end? i've only seen a few episodes and too lazy to watch the whole thing. how did roger's dad die? and can flora walk later on? did flora and roger end up together?
    Answers to your questions.
    Roger's dad died due to overdose of some kind of drugs in the first reality. die the same way in the 2nd reality. Did not die in the 3rd reality.
    Yes.
    Dunno.
    Last edited by KennyLeeJianSiong; 02-04-05 at 02:30 AM.

Wink

not to say we are giving him too much power. He helped changed the past. From the instance his father saved Ko Shan, what SHOULD happen in the first reality, DID NOT happened.
    I only can't explained why Morning Sir can remember the first reality. But to give it a big shot, i would say he did skipped realities, but the first reality has to cease to exist. If not, people in the first reality will be still there, and yet Morning Sir just disappear, that doesn't make sense in the sense of the timeline. The past will always be the past. If Morning Sir disappear from the first reality, that would mean his just disappear. which doesn't explain his existences before he disappear.
    As Morning Sir travels from the 1st reality to the 2nd, his soul merged with his alternate self in the 2nd reality. This explains why he can remember the 1st reality, as well as having memories of the 2nd reality. In other words, he is "stealing" the life of his alternate self in the 2nd(&3rd) reality. There is another Morning Sir already existing in the 2nd reality before his dad saved little Ko San.

Alternate realities (or parallel universes) means the 1st, 2nd and 3rd realites all co-exists with each other simultaneously . If I were to draw a diagram, they are just 3 parallel lines with no break. The timeline (or diagram you draw) only refers to the path Morning Sir travels. There is actually another reality that co-exists with the 3 realities. And that's the 1984 reality, and decisions made in this reality produces the 3 parallel realities. But I'm not sure where I would put it in the diagram though.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.freewebz.com/kljs/realities2.PNG')

I get what you meant, but if you think of 3 realities coexisting, that could be a possibility, but it still doesn't explain why Morning Sir can remember the first reality?
    If you say merging, that could be one way of explaining it. Then that would mean other people will also remember the first reality since I won't believe only Morning Sir has merged with his other realities bodies.

I believe that in order for that to happen in the story, Morning Sir has to do something like Quantum Leap and leap into the body of another Morning Sir.
    Meanwhile, the original Timeline which is the first reality has to be branching or connect back to the reality that Morning Sir is in.

However, in terms of the theory of many parallel dimensions, your theory would be correct. But I still not convince how Morning Sir can remember the first reality if that was the case.

Both of you seemed to have good arguments I can't resist agreeing with. I guess it's just "impossible" to explain how Morning Sir could be the only one with memories of this all.

Wink

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/myartwork/tguittimeline.jpg')

...it still doesn't explain why Morning Sir can remember the first reality?
    If you say merging, that could be one way of explaining it. Then that would mean other people will also remember the first reality since I won't believe only Morning Sir has merged with his other realities bodies.
    Morning is the only one who "travelled" across the 3 realities, that's why he's the only one merging with his alternate bodies. As he merge, he retains his previous memories as well as gaining memories from his alternate selfs. He couldn't have lost his 1st reality's memories, because he was merging, not overtaken by his alternate selfs. Morning's mum didn't "travel", neither did Cherie, Hugo, Wai Fung, Herman.....even Morning's dad didn't "travel" because he's supposed to be "dead" in the present.

Atomic particles are able to exist at different places simultaneously. They are able to split apart and fuse together again. But they are still the same particle. Same with humans. Let's say, there's an alternate reality in which you're a famous pop singer. You decided to abandon your present reality and merge with your alterate self as a pop singer. You would still retain memories of your formal reality as well as gaining your pop singer memories. I have no problem with this idea. Ever read about ppl with past life memories, simliar idea too. Well firstly, of course, you would have to agree about Morning Sir being the only one who "disappeared" or "travelled".

Meanwhile, the original Timeline which is the first reality has to be branching or connect back to the reality that Morning Sir is in.
    I don't get what you mean here, could you please explain? Come to think of it, my diagram isn't complete, it doesn't illustrate how Morning's dad died in the 1st/2nd realities. Probably it should be circular lines instead of linear lines?

Quote Originally Posted by shungshung
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/myartwork/tguittimeline.jpg')

Morning is the only one who "travelled" across the 3 realities, that's why he's the only one merging with his alternate bodies. As he merge, he retains his previous memories as well as gaining memories from his alternate selfs. He couldn't have lost his 1st reality's memories, because he was merging, not overtaken by his alternate selfs. Morning's mum didn't "travel", neither did Cherie, Hugo, Wai Fung, Herman.....even Morning's dad didn't "travel" because he's supposed to be "dead" in the present.

Atomic particles are able to exist at different places simultaneously. They are able to split apart and fuse together again. But they are still the same particle. Same with humans. Let's say, there's an alternate reality in which you're a famous pop singer. You decided to abandon your present reality and merge with your alterate self as a pop singer. You would still retain memories of your formal reality as well as gaining your pop singer memories. I have no problem with this idea. Ever read about ppl with past life memories, simliar idea too. Well firstly, of course, you would have to agree about Morning Sir being the only one who "disappeared" or "travelled".

I don't get what you mean here, could you please explain? Come to think of it, my diagram isn't complete, it doesn't illustrate how Morning's dad died in the 1st/2nd realities. Probably it should be circular lines instead of linear lines?
    I only don't agree with the merging part. If Morning Sir were to just skipped dimension, it doesn't make sense.

my meaning of branching is that the first reality ceased to exist once Morning Sir skipped to the 2nd reality.

I enjoyed this series from start to finish! It was so exciting that I just couldn't stop watching it!

I was very surprised at Hui Siu Hung - Ho Dai Hor (Roger's dad) acting. I was used to seeing him play the happy-go lucky/ sor lo kind of characters but he really shined through in this one! I think he should have gotten some sort of recoginition for his portrayal of this character. 6.5/5

I was so emotional in the parts with Roger and his dad in them having the phone conversations and at the last episode when the kids clap out the "how are you" "dad love you" moorse code and Roger's Dad turns around and sees Roger. I cried so much!
    where there is people, there is conflict. deal with it.

I guess one point is that Morning Sir liked Go Sun in the wheelchair. Her personality in that reality was what made Morning Sir like her. Since, they are in another reality, it is hard for Morning Sir to force himself to except the new Go Sun, since she only embodies the physical features of the old Go Sun and has a totally different personality.

I just don't see it working out. Because loving someone involves a history of events, struggles and such that they go thru together, but yet Nicole doesn't have any recollection of that. So I dunno...
    where there is people, there is conflict. deal with it.

Default To get unstuck in time - a blatant rip off (of Frequency)

I just watched the Hollywood movie Frequency starring Dennis Quaid (2000) on DVD and realised how similar it was to To get unstuck in time (2004). Or shall I say, the latter was a blatant rip off of the former.

There were so many similarities, I'm pretty sure the script or at least the original or main ideas were ripped off and developed into a serial. Again, it came to my disappointment that TVB once again resorted to original rip offs.

Here is basically the similarities and useless trivia so similar between I'll list on the top of my head (some are so close that its hardly believable TVB didnt directly copy it off):

- Father son as main characters who both communicate to each other via some sort of technolgy device. In TGUIT it was an old blocky walkie talky (I dont think even the oldest mobile/cell phone existed in 1984). It was emphasised the close relationship between the father and son.

- In Frequency, it was a ray of blue light covering SF that acted as a time travel pathway, in TGUIT it was a lightning?

- Both Roger Kwok and the Dennis Quiad's son are cops, except Hui Siu Hung is also a cop, Dennis Quaid is a fireman.

- In Frequency, Dennis Quaid buried evidence in a place where it would be untouched for 30 years (under a piece of wood in their house). Roger Kwok buried it under the tree they planted.

- TGUIN again had very similar themes such as catching thieves and trying to change history to get a "perfect world". In Frequency's end, this was the result, both TGUIN left a less than happy ending.

- The first convo over the electronic device in both F and TGUIT were so damn similar and the evidence provided to prove they are 20 and 30 yrs in the future were similar.

I'll give credit for TVB in changing SOME elements and extending others and overall, it was one of the better produced serials of late, but again I'd say the best ideas and plots were "stolen" from the movie Frequency.

Default To Get Unstuck With Time

Has anyone seen this series?

I have just finished watching this series and as for a roger kwok fan i think that the story is great and i definately recommend it to everybody. Also, does anyone know where i can get the sub theme which is sung by flora chan?

omg i watched this series some while ago and its soooooo good. except it got kinda gay when they keep going thru time and stuff, but still very very good

yeh, don't you think roger kwok (hor tin gon / Morning sir) plays the role really good, who's your favourite actor? my favourite case was the first one with the guy who hacks people's legs off for having an affair what about you?

I watched this series some time ago. Cannot really remember the cases anymore. But the chemistry between Morning Sir (Roger) and his dad, the dad and the mum, and Morning Sir and Flora were so evident, they were so heartfelt.

This was a god series I loved it so much! Roger was excellent in this, Flora was also very cool! The only thing that annoyed me was the ending...

it is a good show apart from the ending i think it is very daft