Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The King of Yesterday and Tomorrow 《九五至尊》

Originally posted by theirry
    aight, i like this series, it wasn't bad although i did forget what happens at the end? does that "king" end up with rachael at the end? or the other girl or both?
    the king ends up with the girl from the past, si leung.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

yup.....Yong Zheng end up with Si niang......

and the rest live happily ever after....except Frankie.........he still thinks he is Yong Zheng....
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

is that gilbert's character name? i can't quite recall. i think even gilbert is happy in the end, at least he's happy in his own world
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Yup Frankie is Gilbert's character name. Hahaha I like the ending. What happened to Gilbert was so funny. My mom said that she couldn't have thought of a better ending for him!

I agree.....however, I would love it if he had regretted his actions...rather than go insane....

however, going insane might be the only way out....for him at least.....

yeah, that's the best ending for him imo too he seems not to be the person who will regret his actions.
    cherrie

yeah....he was given a few chance to regret his action....yet he just continue to do bad things..........

Why couldn't he end up with both girls?? I would prefer that ending!

For one thing, it's 2003. A man is not supposed to have two wives. For another, both Maggie and Melissa said clearly they could not share their man with another woman.

i think the ending is great. can't think of a better ending
    cherrie

Originally posted by realdeal
    For one thing, it's 2003. A man is not supposed to have two wives. For another, both Maggie and Melissa said clearly they could not share their man with another woman.
    Yup....exactly what the series meant......

it was a good ending for frankie but anyone else feel kinda sad for his mom? Maybe its just me It would have been irreasonable for kwong wah to have both maggie and melissa (even though he wanted both of them )
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

in this era.......well........he can't have two wifes......but he can have a legal wife and a non-legal wife...... just like the boss who has 3 wifes....

can't really remember frankie's mom here....
    cherrie

~Where _snow_ Fallz like Feathers from Heaven~

i think itz absolutely HILARIOUS that gilbert ended up thinking he wuz yong zheng.... hahahahahahah it made me laff so hard!
    --- lil kassie has dreamed off

...catch a falling star...

Having gilbert act like yong zheng as an ending was very funny and it was a good ending. Its better than just having him go to jail or be killed.. that would be more depressing
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

agree and to act as yong zheng?! that's actually an exaggeration! after all, he can act as any emperor, not really yong zheng right?
    cherrie

Default hahaz

hahaz! this show is funny and it rawks! every1 should rent and enjoy it!

I really still can accept that Frankie's character change so completely. In the beginning, Frankie is not ambitious at all. He never want to fight with his brothers. Even when Dai Ha asked him to fight at first, he is still reluntant, afraid that his brothers will not be happy. How can this peace loving guy turn so evil and power crazy at end? It is just so unbelievable. Frankie's kindness at the beginning is not an act. Even when he is not in front of anyone, he is still very considerate. Like that time when Dai Ha saw him go to office early to reschedule the transportation schedule so as not to inconvience the workers. When his mother ask him to fight his brothers, he told her they are all brothers, so no need to fight.

This 180 degree change really is unacceptable.

The only acceptable explaination for me is Dai Ha change him. It is Dai Ha who make him want to fight, make him aim high and become ambitious. So, Frankie become like that is partly Dai Ha's fault. Dai Ha change him from an uncompetitive, contented person to and ambitious, scheming person.
    Last edited by kidd; 11-30-04 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I really still can accept that Frankie's character change so completely. In the beginning, Frankie is not ambitious at all. He never want to fight with his brothers. Even when Dai Ha asked him to fight at first, he is still reluntant, afraid that his brothers will not be happy. How can this peace loving guy turn so evil and power crazy at end? It is just so unbelievable. Frankie's kindness at the beginning is not an act. Even when he is not in front of anyone, he is still very considerate. Like that time when Dai Ha saw him go to office early to reschedule the transportation schedule so as not to inconvience the workers. When his mother ask him to fight his brothers, he told her they are all brothers, so no need to fight.

This 180 degree change really is unacceptable.

The only acceptable explaination for me is Dai Ha change him. It is Dai Ha who make him want to fight, make him aim high and become ambitious. So, Frankie become like that is partly Dai Ha's fault. Dai Ha change him from an uncompetitive, contented person to and ambitious, scheming person.
    or...all that in the beginning was an act by Frankie. Be the Mr Nice Guy, bide his time, let the brothers fight among each other first, then he goes in for the kill. Why work so hard when his brothers are already doing it among themselves?

"The who having wha with huh?"