Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Yan Yikuan (严宽) 

Talking Yan Yikuan (严宽) 

Okay, this guy is HOT and he's from Shanghai. These two points alone warrant his very own thread here at SPCNET.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/2004-03-24/U487P28T3D342035F326DT20040324140701.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.linktone.com/film/news1/images/picpq16i374.jpg')

I haven't seen any of his works yet, but I will be watching "Qin Wang Li Shi Min" soon. He plays Li Jian Cheng in it:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2004-06-06/U92P28T3D409797F326DT20040606223927.JPG')

Profile:

Name: Yan Kuan ( 严宽 )
    English name: Kevin
    Birthdate: January 24, 1979
    Astrological sign: Aquarius
    Birth place: Shanghai
    Height: 179 cm
    Weight: 72 kg
    Specialties: drawing/painting, performing, music, design
    Education: 上海银都艺术学校声乐专业, 上海谢晋恒通明星学校表演专业, 上海戏剧学院表演系本科 (various Shanghai schools of music and performing arts)
    Role he'd most like to play: Ding Li in "Shanghai Tan"
    Favorite color: red
    Favorite animal: dog
    Favorite season: summer
    Favorite food: icecream
    Favorite magazines: Film, Vogue/Style
    Favorite type of person: someone with a truly honest and righteous disposition
    Favorite of his works: the next one
    Some of his series: "Qin Wang Li Shi Min", "Shao Nian Zhang San Feng", "Wu Dang", "Da Ming Wang Chao", "Meng Li Hua Kai", "Xin Wang", "Liu Ru Nu"
    Currently filming: "Bian Cheng Xiao Zi" ( 边城小子 )

Is anyone here a fan or has seen/is watching any of his series? More info, pics, news, opinions, etc. are always welcome.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 12-04-04 at 01:45 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

In Alec's Heart 0=) Title: Alec's #1 Fan!

Oh wow, a fellow Shanghai actor.. and not bad either.. I like I like hehehe

hmm is it just me or does the first 2 pics not look chinese.. let alone Shanghainese (haha )
    Alec Su Forever!!

~Bratty Princess Rox~

[Jay Chou]~[JJ Lin]~[S.H.E]~[Jolin Cai]~[Se7en]~[DBSG]

he's in yang warriors i think

the first two look korean/japanese, def not chinese

He's in the new Yang Warriors series starring Alec Su? I didn't see it listed amongst his credits.

Yeah, he doesn't look very Chinese in the first two pics, mainly because of the hair, plus he's got some Western features too. He kind of reminds me of an Asian Jude Law in the first one.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Yeah, he doesn't look very Chinese in the first two pics, mainly because of the hair, plus he's got some Western features too. He kind of reminds me of an Asian Jude Law in the first one.
    Funny. I've always though Huang Xiao Ming was the Chinese drama serial equivalent of Jude Law.

Another 老乡? Well, I can believe that. Just riding the train or bus, there are a surprising amount of guys who, if cleaned up, look like they can be in series. I haven't found any dead ringers yet, but the eye candy department is looking pretty good.

In Alec's Heart 0=) Title: Alec's #1 Fan!

Hes in Yang Warriors?! really?

hehehe, i thought he looked japanese at first, and then he looked like a white mix.. wow, crazy
    Alec Su Forever!!

~Bratty Princess Rox~

[Jay Chou]~[JJ Lin]~[S.H.E]~[Jolin Cai]~[Se7en]~[DBSG]

hmmm the 2nd pix's gone to my desktop wallpaper he is KUTE!
    i.am.2too.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticChick
    Funny. I've always though Huang Xiao Ming was the Chinese drama serial equivalent of Jude Law.
    ...and Yan Kuan could pass for Huang Xiao Ming's brother, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticChick
    Another 老乡? Well, I can believe that. Just riding the train or bus, there are a surprising amount of guys who, if cleaned up, look like they can be in series. I haven't found any dead ringers yet, but the eye candy department is looking pretty good.
    Actually, I haven't found that many interesting actors who were born in Shanghai. Besides the subject of this thread, the only one I can think of at the moment is Lu Yi.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

oh! swo that's what his name is! i saw him in Da ming Wang Chao and as a guest star in Qing tian Wei Men. ifind him to be cute, and very adorable to see up on screen!
    what? he is in Shao Nian Zhang Shan Feng? how come i did'nt notice him? i watched that series last year but i didn't see him!!! what character did he play in there?

boy, you should see him in Da Ming wang chao lady zhuge, since i saw it waay back, i can't remember all the details. but i seem to remember him portraying a weak emperor who, after a series of bad decisions and misfortunes, was captured by some people when he is outside of the palace, i think he went to a far place where there is battle. sice the palace can't be without an emperor, he is dethroned and replaced by his brother(played by that monk in Tian long ba bu). wow, you should see how he maltrated Yan Kuan here, who now becomes Tai Shang Huang. everynoe is plotting to kill him. even the eunuchs. he is forced to eat all sorts of things, is badly treated and is imprisoned by his brother when he returns to court. sheesh, his brother has fallen in love with power. he does not want to hand the throne back to him.
    i forgot the ending, but i think he did regain the throne....
    hehe
    Qing Tian Wei Men is in fact a remake of a taiwan 1997 classic, Shi Gong Chi An.
    basically, its about a judge helping Kang Xi during the Manchu dynasty. its a bit like Bao Qing Tian, but less serious and a lot funnier!

in this, Yan Kuan guest starred as a Wang Yue's spolied son. hehe, he is a villain here.
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny_shiny
    Qing Tian Wei Men is in fact a remake of a taiwan 1997 classic, Shi Gong Chi An.
    basically, its about a judge helping Kang Xi during the Manchu dynasty. its a bit like Bao Qing Tian, but less serious and a lot funnier!

in this, Yan Kuan guest starred as a Wang Yue's spolied son. hehe, he is a villain here.
    They made a remake of that?!? I LOVED that show so much!

This was one of the first series I had ever watched. I thought that some of the segments were stronger than others, but it was such a cool show overall. I especially liked that it was funny in the midst of solving various crimes. Bao Gong Qi An always struck me like it was taking itself too seriously. And I also liked all of the actors. Especially the revolving cast of players - not Shi Gong, his sister, his "shi ye" or the emperor - but the same people who would show up again and again, albiet in different roles.

It was also this show which introduced me to the phenomenon known as celebrity crushes with it's various guest stars drawn from the Taiwan acting pool. I can remember Liu De Kai, Xie Ju Wu, Wang Hao, and such.

In conclusion, I absolutely adored that show and am so happy to hear that there's a new one out!

wow AC! i just posted only seconds ago and you already have a reply?
    wow, that's fast.
    wow again, as Shi Gong Chi An is actually that first ever tv series that i have watched. its the one which has taught me to love watching tv series in the first place!!!!
    hehe, i really liked it so much, i really like Hou April, the actress who played Shi Xiao Hong in the series. i only saw her in Jue Dai Shuang Jiao after Shi gong. whatever happened to her? or is she in some other production that i did not know?
    despite being very long, my guess is that its around 240 episodes, its still very enjoyable.
    haha, i also liked the actor who played Jia Qing Tian, Shi Gong's Shi Yie, he is so funny!!!

you know how i know that Qing Tian Wei Men is a remake of it?
    goodness gracious, Qing Tian Wei Men is an exact carbon copy of its predecessor!!!
    even the dialogues are the same!!! and no, i am not exaggerating.
    the only difference is that this one is only 40 episodes, they just pcik the more famous cases to remake, like the very first case, where the emperor is searching for his father and Long Er, the emperor's missing son.

but i got offended when they did not include my all time fave case, the one where Shi Gong is trying to find a suitable husband for Xiao hong, becoz the emperor remembered his memories with her and is enamored of her again. argh!!!

but i would have to say that this one pales in comparison with the original. not that it isn't good, it actually is very weel done, but Shi Gong is outstanding!

but i like the emperor here better than in Shi Gong, he is younger and is portayed by one of my current crushes, Bao Jian Feng!

oh! swo that's what his name is! i saw him in Da ming Wang Chao and as a guest star in Qing tian Wei Men. ifind him to be cute, and very adorable to see up on screen!
    Besides being really good looking (read: sinfully steamy), how is he as an actor? He seems to take on both good and evil roles, so in that respect, he doesn't play the same type of character all the time.

what? he is in Shao Nian Zhang Shan Feng? how come i did'nt notice him? i watched that series last year but i didn't see him!!! what character did he play in there?
    He probably had some minor role in SNZSF. Below is a pic of him with Rebecca Wang Yan in the series:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ent.tom.com/images/zhuanti/zhangsanfeng/d/1.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Wow...he is quite the looker. Thanks for telling me about him...I must watch his dramas now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Lien
    Wow...he is quite the looker. Thanks for telling me about him...I must watch his dramas now.
    That he is. It would be quite selfish of me to keep such eyecandy to myself.

Which of his series do you plan to start off with? "Qin Wang Li Shi Min"?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

ooops guys, nvm sry, it's the same name, but two different guys....i made the mistake, the one i'm talking about was in yang and also xiao zhuang mi shi

yahh...VERY cute!! he def looks mixed, especially cuz his eyes are deep set and his nose is very tall.

Quote Originally Posted by alecforever815
    ooops guys, nvm sry, it's the same name, but two different guys....i made the mistake, the one i'm talking about was in yang and also xiao zhuang mi shi
    Another actor has the same name as him? This is off-topic, but I'm just curious. What role did this other guy play in XZMS?

Quote Originally Posted by divinefish
    yahh...VERY cute!! he def looks mixed, especially cuz his eyes are deep set and his nose is very tall.
    Yeah, I wonder if he has some Western blood in him?

He reminds me of different people in the various pics, from Jude Law in the first one to HXM/Lu Yi in the one from QWLSM, and then the actor who played Li Ling in DHTZ in the pic with Rebecca.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

i now remember what role he played in Shao Nian Zhang Shan Feng!!! well, not entirely, coz its been so long since i last saw it.
    i think he was a good guy turned into a sort of bad guy.. i think? or was it his wife wang yan's character in the series that made him like that? hmm,
    but i remember at the start he seems to have a crush on Li Bing Bing's character. but then she rejected him.
    i think he was the son of... of... argh! of some influential guy in Jiang Hu,... (sorry, my memories have mixed up!)
    then, i remember he went to the desert, where he found Alec Su being a bit irritatede coz Wang Yan kept following him, insisting that they get married, as her lifelong ambition is to get out of that place and get to Zhong Yuan, the capital.
    after failed attempts at Alec Su, she turned her efforts on Yan Kuan, who, gave in without much of a struggle. he got to know her family, and after a few episodes, they went to the capital. got married. i forgot who died, was it he or Wang Yan? hey, somebody who has seen it, help me out pls!

oh, definitely, he seems to specialize in characters that underwent numerous changes: good-bad-good-....
    he was a bit like that in Da ming Wang Chao.
    he started out as a weak emperor who knows nothing but to enjoy life(though good-hearted really), then when he was captured and made to undergo numerous sufferings and humiliations from various persons(eunuchs, tribesmen, judges etc), he realized what a fool he was, changed his ways and became more sympathetic to the plight of the people. but when he was captured by his brother(now made an emperor, becoz of his absence at court), he was made to go thro hardships by his brother(played by that monk in TLBB). as Tai Shang Wang, he posed a threat to the new emperor, so he was always in danger of being killed. later he became vengeful, plotting with a few of his loyal subjects on regaining the throne.
    but i forgot whether he regained the throne or not.

i found him pitiful in this series, he was made to go thro all that!

yes..I see the Li Ling resemblance and he has unusual-looking lips.

lady zhuge, how did you discover him?

Wang Yan played his love interest in SNZSF? She could have fooled me, with that knife stuck near his throat in the above pic. Did Wang Yan play an antagonist? Did Yan Kuan have a big part in the series? I'm guessing not, since you didn't even remember that he was in it.

I think you're right about his roles. I've started watching his latest series "Qin Wang Li Shi Min" and so far, his character Li Jian Cheng is a very nice guy and brother/son. He even stopped Li Shi Min's sword with his bare hands and was bleeding profusely, but acted like it was nothing. I know that will all change later, though.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    lady zhuge, how did you discover him?
    I've been interested in watching QWLSM for awhile now and he really stood out in the pictures I saw. So, a little research here and there and voila!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")