Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DY's kowtows

Default DY's kowtows

Is it true that anyone whom DY kneel down & kowtow to will die in a very tragic way. As son, I believe very often DY will kowtow to his parents but the two died tragically at Mrs Wang Manor! DY and XF sworn to become sworn brother, he too did kowtow to XF. In the end XF commit suicide. When DY first met Ah Zhu, he too kneel down, kept saying she’s beautiful… She was hitted fatally by her lover XF. (Sad man!)

It was said that DY didn’t manage to kowtow to XZ the night when the two are drinking and become sword brothers that’s why XZ is able to live happily after with his dear MG… I read from a site that the reason given was because DY will be the Emperor (heaven’s son) in future so anybody whom he kowtow to will be short-lived. Well, I’m not sure that if true but it does make sense right?

How do you guys feel about it? By the way I thought that DY did kowtow to WYY during their first meeting!? But nothing happen to her…… hahahaha

Hmm that's interesting observation

By the way I thought that DY did kowtow to WYY during their first meeting!?
    He did, but she quickly turned her back on him and didn't accept the kowtows. Lucky WYY !

He kowtowed the statue 1000 times and LQS, who was the sister of the girl whom the statue was based on, also died rather tragically.

I wonder if JY did it on purpose, but that's quite scary !

Edit: Actually DY did kowtow to XZ once, when the three brothers met on Shaolin for the first time. Right after that, both XZ's parents died ! Man, this nancy boy is dangerous !
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Woa! I never did noticed that before until you brought it up!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

hmm....one flaw....one major flaw actually... what about his uncle the emperor ...since he is the emperor theres no doubt he bowed to him...but he ended becoming a monk

another thing is that he refused to bow to u rongfu when mu rongfu disguised himself as a xi xia soldier, but its true he didnt die a tragic death...just went cray :P

LOL never noticed that. DY is a walking bad luck charm. Well, WYY might have a different ending and other characters too in 3rd edition. I never read the 2nd edition but what happened to DY at the end to the part he became a monk---anyone care to explain?
    -Hkopinions

"Happy posting."

Even the Janitor Monk would be no match for Deun Yu's kowtows.

Originally posted by Ken Cheng
    Even the Janitor Monk would be no match for Deun Yu's kowtows.
    LOL. What about DQQB's kowtow without kowtow?
    Last edited by Ken Cheng; 06-27-04 at 02:01 AM.

That's interesting. Run from Kowtow Shen Gong.

Originally posted by Zhang San Feng
    hmm....one flaw....one major flaw actually... what about his uncle the emperor ...since he is the emperor theres no doubt he bowed to him...but he ended becoming a monk
    Yeah but the emperor is already the Heaven's son so the future Heaven's son kowtowing to the current one is ok anybody else is doomed.

Helen was the face that launched a thousand ships, but Duan Yu is the kowtow that deflects a thousand army.

Imagine that if armies come to invade Dali, Duan Yu goes and shouts, "Stay away from Dali or else I would kowtow to you!"
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

not really, since they don't die on the spot. The might hve invaded Dali successfully even before they die.

But i never saw Duan Yu's kowtow's that way. If the enemies were to die straight awa... not a bad notion!

Thumbs up It seems that kenixgoh is right

Originally posted by Candide
    Edit: Actually DY did kowtow to XZ once, when the three brothers met on Shaolin for the first time. Right after that, both XZ's parents died ! Man, this nancy boy is dangerous !
    Nope, at Shaolin only Xuzhu and Xiao Feng kowtowed to each other. Duan Yu did not do so.

And if I remember correctly, then yes, EVERYONE who Duan Yu kowtowed to during the story, they ALL died a tragic death.

Creepy huh?

Edit: well he did kowtow to all the elder monks of Celestial Dragon Monastery, but they didn't die... They did lose the original Manuel of Liumai Shenjian though...
    Last edited by Laviathan; 06-28-04 at 05:43 PM.
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

Default Re: It seems that kenixgoh is right

Originally posted by Laviathan
    Edit: well he did kowtow to all the elder monks of Celestial Dragon Monastery, but they didn't die... They did lose the original Manuel of Liumai Shenjian though...
    I thought some of them were previous Dali Emperors as well? So maybe it was okay for them to be kowtowed by DY.

hahaha this is funny and very observant!!!! Duan Yu and his Kow Tow Shen Kong

Default Re: Re: It seems that kenixgoh is right

Originally posted by rabadi
    I thought some of them were previous Dali Emperors as well? So maybe it was okay for them to be kowtowed by DY.
    They were royalty, but not emperors.
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

DGQB would be fine.

He would 'Overcome a kowtow without a kowtow.'

Default Re: DY's kowtows

Originally posted by kenixgoh
    Is it true that anyone whom DY kneel down & kowtow to will die in a very tragic way. As son, I believe very often DY will kowtow to his parents but the two died tragically at Mrs Wang Manor! DY and XF sworn to become sworn brother, he too did kowtow to XF. In the end XF commit suicide. When DY first met Ah Zhu, he too kneel down, kept saying she’s beautiful… She was hitted fatally by her lover XF. (Sad man!)
    Just an observation. Do you notice that all the people you named here died on their own free will. All died by commiting suicide, even Ah Zhu, who has fully intended to died in her father's place.

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    DGQB would be fine.

He would 'Overcome a kowtow without a kowtow.'
    I wanted to say that...
    Anyway, I think all non-senior royalty/ normal ppl will die if kow towed by DY because of his status as a king or sth
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Great insight. Need to be read by more people.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Do you think Sweeper can tap DY to death before DY kowtows?

Gees, don't know what tragedy tapping DY to death could bring Sweeper.