Page 10 of 99 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Question

Can you turn off the subtitltes in the ROCH 1983 (Andy Lau version) dvds?

Quote Originally Posted by keepp
    Can you turn off the subtitltes in the ROCH 1983 (Andy Lau version) dvds?

yep. The subtitles are removable.

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    Its a FULL version, no cuts or anything. Much clearer.. and uh.. I dunno.. haha.. haven't got my hands on it.. Too expensive fer me ><
    well, if u buy from ebay, then it's around 30 bucks.........but if u talking about the full full version, then it's around 200 bucks

I think you can get the original on dvd for about US$140. I find that those HDdvds that can hold a bunch of episodes damage real easily.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by keepp
    I have the vcd version of Condor Heros (Andy Lau version). I am wondering if it is worth buying it in the dvd format? Anything special about it? Appreciate any input.

yeah i guess it's worth buying. i wish i had the money.

I guess so. I also have the original LoCH on vcd and I hear they going to release the dvd version sometime. Wonder how much those will cost. I am guessing over US$200.

a lot, i'm guessing $250
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://photo.sohu.com/20040716/Img221041931.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by GooGoo
    Actually i watched the ROCH 83 dvds this weekend & no the logo doesn't show up during the episodes. Only thing I wish for was a play all chapters option. Hope this helps.

s.
    Thanks for the info. I was worried about the logo appearing, that's all.

Oh, so the logo doesn't show up? I only saw some of it on DVD so I wasn't sure. I also don't keep track of these things....Thanks for the info though.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I'm getting Rough Ride and DOMD for sure. I have been waiting for Rough Ride to come out on DVD for way too long. I can finally chuck my tapes away.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Yea I usually don't keep track of the logo stuff either but since Dagger asked about it, I made sure to check for it when I watched it last weekend.

Is Rough Ride a good serial? I like Barbara alot and haven't in much besides LOCH(and a few other shows) but I don't want to spend 100 bones on a so so serial. I too am getting DOMD for sure but I might wait for some reviews just to make sure it's not cut in anyway. I don't want to be burned again.

Yea I usually don't keep track of the logo stuff either but since Dagger asked about it, I made sure to check for it when I watched it last weekend.

Is Rough Ride a good serial? I like Barbara alot and haven't in much besides LOCH(and a few other shows) but I don't want to spend 100 bones on a so so serial. I too am getting DOMD for sure but I might wait for some reviews just to make sure it's not cut in anyway. I don't want to be burned again.

Rough Ride is a pretty good serial. I think they have a review on this site that you should check out. I think this is the only Barbara Yung modern serial.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

What is the next series to be released with English sub? Does it cost a lot of money to do English sub for these series? Why isn't Taiseng releasing all the series with English sub.

The Duke of Mount Deer will definitely be a full version release. It has 2 parts. Each part has 5 DVDs. Total 10 DVDs.

Is the DVD for ROCH 2 parts or one full set? The DVD shop i goto has it in 2 parts and is selling it for a pretty good price($30 for 1 part), if this is the real version then im picking it up right away.

Well the one I got was one fullset but it was like two plastic dvd holder books(each page held a dvd) which fit into a ROCH collector's box (hope that makes sense). They could have broken it up & sold it as two parts without the collector's box. $30 seems too good to be truth. You might want to check to make sure it's not the vcd version & if it has all the audio tracks & english subtitles.

I'm not sure where you get TVB DVD sets over here... They're probably way over-priced here as well... I wish I lived in Hong Kong...

Yea, I heard that there is another version released by Modern Audio but is being sold for only $50 in a shop in LA. My friend was shocked since she spent $140 on the set released by Taiseng. But she was sure that it IS the DVD version as well... THe set released by Modern Audio is WAY cheaper than the one released by Taiseng. I am guessing it is because it in the PAL format while Taiseng is the NTSC format.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

tvb's releasing dvds very fast!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Yea, I heard that there is another version released by Modern Audio but is being sold for only $50 in a shop in LA. My friend was shocked since she spent $140 on the set released by Taiseng. But she was sure that it IS the DVD version as well... THe set released by Modern Audio is WAY cheaper than the one released by Taiseng. I am guessing it is because it in the PAL format while Taiseng is the NTSC format.

that's not the reason. Taiseng is the US distributor (thank god i live in Canada) so they charge a lot for the DVDs. Always been like that for Taiseng. NTSC and PAL formats shouldn't determine the price. I live in Vancouver and I get TVB stuff relatively cheap.