Page 11 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Default where in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    that's not the reason. Taiseng is the US distributor (thank god i live in Canada) so they charge a lot for the DVDs. Always been like that for Taiseng. NTSC and PAL formats shouldn't determine the price. I live in Vancouver and I get TVB stuff relatively cheap.

Hey Almo where(what stores) in Vancouver do you get your stuff from? I'm live out in Seattle, Wa and if the prices are that much cheaper, I'm willing to make the 2-3 hr drive to pick up a few tvb series and some chinese food I usually just stop in Richmond for my shopping when I decide to go to canada.

Thanks for the info almo... No wonder Taiseng products are sooo expensive. I like how it is in the NTSC system but gosh do they charge a lot. The products from China are a lot cheaper...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Are there any notable quality differences between dvds from china and those of tai seng? I have found that the high capacity dvds from china tend to get damaged more easily.
    I am a culture unto myself.

that's not the reason. Taiseng is the US distributor (thank god i live in Canada) so they charge a lot for the DVDs. Always been like that for Taiseng. NTSC and PAL formats shouldn't determine the price. I live in Vancouver and I get TVB stuff relatively cheap.
    I don't get this. Is the Taiseng version the same as the yesasia version?
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by GooGoo
    Hey Almo where(what stores) in Vancouver do you get your stuff from? I'm live out in Seattle, Wa and if the prices are that much cheaper, I'm willing to make the 2-3 hr drive to pick up a few tvb series and some chinese food I usually just stop in Richmond for my shopping when I decide to go to canada.

That's awesome. You live pretty close. I get my stuff in Richmond too since thats where all the chinese stores are pretty much. I get them from a store called MX Square. It's located in Lansdowne mall. If you have heard of MAL, never get stuff from there. They are way overpriced. If you get the chance, compare the prices and you'll know what i mean.

I don't get this. Is the Taiseng version the same as the yesasia version?
    Depends what you mean by yesasia version. Yesasia sells Taiseng TVB DVDs too. They should be the same and the only difference should be the sticker that says Taiseng but you would need somebody that actually bought it to verify.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

can you buy directly from Tai Seng? Is it cheaper than YesAsia?
    I am a culture unto myself.

That's awesome. You live pretty close. I get my stuff in Richmond too since thats where all the chinese stores are pretty much. I get them from a store called MX Square. It's located in Lansdowne mall. If you have heard of MAL, never get stuff from there. They are way overpriced. If you get the chance, compare the prices and you'll know what i mean. .

Is the Lansdowne Mall the one they rebuilt and is maybe a block away from Yohan? I haven't been there much and the only major store I remember is Yohan Anyway, next time you're there can you check on the price to rough riders and DOMD? I'll like to compare it to the price at yesasia and see if it's that much different in price. Right now it's $110 US for Rough Riders.

Also anyone seen "Take My Word For It"? It's a tvb serial.

By the way, this Thread Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by GooGoo
    Is the Lansdowne Mall the one they rebuilt and is maybe a block away from Yohan? I haven't been there much and the only major store I remember is Yohan Anyway, next time you're there can you check on the price to rough riders and DOMD? I'll like to compare it to the price at yesasia and see if it's that much different in price. Right now it's $110 US for Rough Riders.

Also anyone seen "Take My Word For It"? It's a tvb serial.

By the way, this Thread Rocks!
    No, that one is Aberdeen Centre. Lansdowne Mall is really close by Yohan and Aberdeen so if you ask around, I'm sure you would find it.

I will get you those prices once they arrive. I already put in a order for Rough Ride so i'll let you know when i get it.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Yesasia sells a variety of versions and they always list which version it is and who manufactures it. For example, it can be the China version(which is always in PAL format for DVDs), the Taiwan version(which can be in the NTSC or PAL as well I think) and ones manufactured by Taiseng which are usually way more expensive and in the NTSC system. Just read through the descriptions and you can get all of the info that you need.

I am glad that this thread rocks GooGoo!!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I saw the original HK ROCH 83 version selling in Singapore at S$190, but with 40% discount, so it's just S$114!

Damn, shouldn't have bought the China version...

Default TVB Legend of Condor Heroes 1983 DVD Deluxe Edition

I just came across this new Mainland version TVB Legend of Condor Heroes 1983 DVD Deluxe Edition

http://cgi.ebay.com/Drama-Legend-Of-...QQcmdZViewItem

The packaging looks pretty nice with the accompanying booklets and nice looking DVD sleeves.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.titan-giant.net/Drama/legendofthecondorheroes/packaging.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.titan-giant.net/Drama/legendofthecondorheroes/cover.jpg')

Have anyone here bought this version ? How's the picture quality ? I doesn't have English subtitles though but it does have the Cantonese/Mandarin on/off toggling.

I am planning to to get the TVB DVD version which is supposed to be released soon, but it is going to cost over $100, most likely more than ROCH 83 with Andy Lau/Idy Chan version since LOCH 83 has more episodes. So I'd rather settle with this one.
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

I just contact the seller and it has 59 eps in 13DVD. I think it a good deal compare to Tigercool.com and Asiade.com, somewhere it got cut 1 eps. Original should be 60 eps.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky
    I just contact the seller and it has 59 eps in 13DVD. I think it a good deal compare to Tigercool.com and Asiade.com, somewhere it got cut 1 eps. Original should be 60 eps.
    That's a shame. Could it be that the Mainland version actually somehow has longer cut per episode on the last third of the adaptation ?

I have to think twice before I get it now
    - WuxiaSociety.org (formerly known as wuxiamania forum) -

----- the society of global wuxia fans ----

Its 59 episodes originally. Legend of the Condor Heroes I only has 19 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods
    Its 59 episodes originally. Legend of the Condor Heroes I only has 19 episodes.
    Original it has 60 eps. So this version 1 eps less. Still better than the TVB (VCD sets)

Hmm... I'll wait untill my local Chinatown has it. I saw ROCH 84 w/ english subs dvd set for $60 there. I'm still waiting for my all time fave LOCH 83.

Original it has 60 eps. So this version 1 eps less. Still better than the TVB (VCD sets)
    No, it is 59. Both HK and Viet version has 59eps.

Just ask anyone who owns Viet DVD set, they will tell you its 59eps.

TVB will release DVD set in cantonese/mandarin around June or July, and it will be 59eps.
    Last edited by wargods; 04-11-06 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods
    No, it is 59. Both HK and Viet version has 59eps.

Just ask anyone who owns Viet DVD set, they will tell you its 59eps.

TVB will release DVD set in cantonese/mandarin around June or July, and it will be 59eps.
    I own the VHS, and each part has 20 eps. And there are 3 parts total.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy
    Hmm... I'll wait untill my local Chinatown has it. I saw ROCH 84 w/ english subs dvd set for $60 there. I'm still waiting for my all time fave LOCH 83.
    Are you saying $60 for 50 eps with 12 DVD?

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

viet DVD is 29 disc

part 1 - 9
    part 2 - 10
    part 3 - 10