Page 14 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel1992
    Where can i get tvb dvds but dudded in Viet..and how much does it cost??
    http://www.cohongmusic.com/index.asp...S&Category=230

thanks for the link. as expected, it's expensive
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Unhappy

Ever since the 2004 production Tvb series all had english subtitles for the vcds in Singapore. Not sure about dvd though, and all i want to say was i dun like the them at all. No offence for those who dun understand cantonese butta i will keep on looking at the subtitles n in the end couldn't watch what they are acting. Ahh...
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

According to Yesasia, two new TVB DVD releases will come out starting next week.

June 30 - The Misadventure of Zoo ¬yª]¬Ó«Ò (1981)
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004271434/

July 7 - The Vampire Returns ¤jÀYºñ¦ç°«íL«Í (1993)
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004336514/

Hi I was wondering where is the Chinese versions of ROCH (83 Andy Version) being sold and does it have Englis subs. Most of Tai Sengs stuff is over priced and I would really like to see it but not for the 140 it is at YA or the 50 it is for each set.

Also any sites also that even sell dvd-rs of TVB Rentals or such

You know, I purchased the Roughride dvd set for $50 at SF chinatown. I also saw ROCH DVD set w/ english subs for $60 (that's part1 and part 2)

However, whatever you do, do not get the Grand Canal dvd set. I was so mad after I purchased it. There were so many scenes that were cut. I thought the dvd set weren't cut because in the RoughRide, the scenes were there!

You can look around in your local Chinatown stores. Once I went to SF Chinatown during new years and saw A LOT Of series that were 50% off!!! Or sometimes some of your local shops will have some good deals rather than these online stores which charge big bucks.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Well Im within range of the Philly Chinatown (my sis is in ny a lot but trying to explain what to look for and where to go make it only something to do when I'm definatly sure)

Can anyone recommend

a. rental places in downtown chinatown that have current TVB series for rental and dont give white people there "your a lawyer for tai seng look or worse" its happened before lol. I think there is a store near Ming River but any info would be of great help. Also how much does "membership" usually run me

b. or places that sell series

If TVB releases The God & The Demons of Zu Mountain and The Zu Mountain Saga on DVD I will be ecstatic!
    Bah.. no image.. ah well... "I gotta shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it off....."

Legend of the Condor Heroes I - III (1983) with E sub
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004336700/

Judging from the release of LOCH and ROCH with English subtitles, it seems that TVB only puts subtitles on classic wuxia series and not anything else.

I just hope that this DVD set of LOCH will not be cut...
    Last edited by Trinie; 07-13-06 at 04:09 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

After watching ROCH DVD, it appears that nothing was cut but there was some new music in some scenes. TVB has to stop making edits. Just keep it the same as it was aired many years ago on TV.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Default Back in Time

Looks like I came back in time for the release of LOCH. Hope someone post a review as soon as you get the set. I too hope it's not cut too.

My friend is going to be getting the LOCH DVD set for sure. If she gets it before others here, I will be sure to let you all know if it is cut or not and about the quality as well... WOW, I can't believe it is FINALLY coming out...

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    My friend is going to be getting the LOCH DVD set for sure. If she gets it before others here, I will be sure to let you all know if it is cut or not and about the quality as well... WOW, I can't believe it is FINALLY coming out...
    Thanks for letting us know before hand. I too want to get it but I want to wait for a bit since the price is rather high despite having English subtitles.

Default LOCH 83 out on DVD uncut and english subbed!

I just saw this on YesAsia.... I'm so thrilled.
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004336700/

Ehh on the price though. I'll check out Chinatown first!

Fantastic news, despite the high price. I hope that TVB eventually gets around to releasing ROCH '83, HSDS '86, DGSD '81, and DOMD '84 in this format as well.

I nearly soiled myself when I saw this on yesasia.com. I did a double-take just to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. Growing up in the US, LOCH '83 is the first TV series I remember watching when I was younger, thanks to my dad taping the whole series when he was still living in Hong Kong. I pre-ordered it a few days ago. I know it's a pretty steep price, but who cares? It's LOCH '83 on DVD!!!

It has been mentioned on the TVB DVDs thread last week
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=14218