Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Was the VCD version cut?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    Was the VCD version cut?
    Yes. Most TVB series VCDs were severely edited.

Smile

I will buy it next month.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods
    It has been mentioned on the TVB DVDs thread last week
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=14218
    Oops, sorry! Should of checked that thread first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Fantastic news, despite the high price. I hope that TVB eventually gets around to releasing ROCH '83, HSDS '86, DGSD '81, and DOMD '84 in this format as well.
    Actually ROCH 83 has been out on DVD with English subtitles for some time now.

You are welcome and I think the price isn't too bad. But then again, they fit into 15 DVDs. I thought that it would be even more expensive since the VCD set was around $150 when it came out.... I am waiting for my friend to get it so that she can let me know how it is. I have a good feeling about it though.... I will keep you guys updated.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I can't wait to get it also, but I'll not buy it from yesasia, hopefully I can get it from my friend, hopefully I don't have to pay more than $100

I just bought the LOCH boxset at a local store. It was so damn expensive but so worth it. The box itself was so snice. I randomly checked the disks and the quality is really good for a old series like this one. The whole music intro and titles seemed to be untouched (thank god) unlike Grand Canal. On the box it says 59 episodes so it should be uncut but i'll have to watch the whole thing to find out about cuts and new edits.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

You know those episode numbers words you see at the begining on the episodes....its pretty easy to tell whether those words are added by the computer or not. If those words dont look like squares, it means that those words and there before TVB digitalize the series.

If you bought the Grand Canal DVD, you would know what i mean, cuz the Grand Canal title screen and the words of episode numbers, you can tell those are done by computers.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    I just bought the LOCH boxset at a local store. It was so damn expensive but so worth it. The box itself was so snice. I randomly checked the disks and the quality is really good for a old series like this one. The whole music intro and titles seemed to be untouched (thank god) unlike Grand Canal. On the box it says 59 episodes so it should be uncut but i'll have to watch the whole thing to find out about cuts and new edits.
    What is included in the LOCH boxsets other than the serial itself? Is it only the 製作特輯 (making-of features)?

Quote Originally Posted by wargods
    What is included in the LOCH boxsets other than the serial itself? Is it only the 製作特輯 (making-of features)?
    I believe the making of is the only special feature.

The only added titles was the english title which is fine because it's a regular font and they don't try to make it all fancy looking.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Upcoming DVD release according to Yesasia.

July 28 - From Act to Act (1995)
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004336542/

I asked my friend and she said that there are 2 different versions of the LOCH DVD set, so she is trying to decide which one to get. Actually, I think they are the same in terms of the DVD, but the packaging is different. I am 100% sure though. I think they should be uncut just like ROCH set was.

I have already seen the behind the scenes making since that was included in the VCD set too, so there isn't anything new there.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Another upcoming DVD release

July 28 - Gods of Honour (2001)
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...pid-1004336578

Wargods, please keep informing us TVB DVDs which will be released soon. BTW, do you know whether HSDS '86, DGSD '81, DOMD (Tony Leung) full version will be released in DVD with English subtitles? Any schedule? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kurniawan20062000
    Wargods, please keep informing us TVB DVDs which will be released soon. BTW, do you know whether HSDS '86, DGSD '81, DOMD (Tony Leung) full version will be released in DVD with English subtitles? Any schedule? Thank you.
    I have not heard anything about HSDS '86, but DGSD '82 and DOMD '84 will definitely be released in DVD with English subtitles. They will most likely be released by the end of the year.
    Last edited by wargods; 07-26-06 at 10:59 PM.

Default LOCH DVDS

Any full reviews yet?

-Goos

Default Modern Audio vs. Taiseng DVD Packaging

I know that there seems to be 2 versions of some DVDs, such as ROCH. The one Taiseng releases come in what looks like a book, and it is separated into 2 different books that you can buy separately. The one Modern Audio has comes in a slipcase and the entire series is sold as one part.

I brought the ROCH Modern Audio version from yesasia when it first came out for probably $120. Now I see the more beautiful Taiseng book version selling for about $30 each also at yesasia, making total $60 for the series. I feel really ripped off, especially since I like the book version more than the slipcase version.

My question is, how does the "book" version DVDs look like inside? I will try my best to take some pictures of my slipcase version to show you tonight.

Also, is there a difference in what is inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I asked my friend and she said that there are 2 different versions of the LOCH DVD set, so she is trying to decide which one to get. Actually, I think they are the same in terms of the DVD, but the packaging is different. I am 100% sure though. I think they should be uncut just like ROCH set was.

I have already seen the behind the scenes making since that was included in the VCD set too, so there isn't anything new there.
    I also want to definitely get this series. I just posted a new thread asking about the difference in 2 different versions (I assume it is what your friend was referring to?) http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=16999

Today I went to the video store and only saw the Slipcase version for sale. I sort of like the book version better just packaging wise because I have never seen how it looks like inside, so I might have to wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by betty
    I know that there seems to be 2 versions of some DVDs, such as ROCH. The one Taiseng releases come in what looks like a book, and it is separated into 2 different books that you can buy separately. The one Modern Audio has comes in a slipcase and the entire series is sold as one part.

I brought the ROCH Modern Audio version from yesasia when it first came out for probably $120. Now I see the more beautiful Taiseng book version selling for about $30 each also at yesasia, making total $60 for the series. I feel really ripped off, especially since I like the book version more than the slipcase version.

My question is, how does the "book" version DVDs look like inside? I will try my best to take some pictures of my slipcase version to show you tonight.

Also, is there a difference in what is inside?
    I cannot see the difference at Yesasia other than the price total. heh
    Btw why do you called the expensive one Modern Audio version?!?
    All I can tell you is the expensive one ($120) are produced by the Master copy of ROCH in Hong Kong TVB.
    Taiseng version could well be the same copy of the Modern Audio made in Hong Kong, OR it could be just a straight conversion from videocassettes (which the quality is shitty).

Please confirm this for those people who bought the Taiseng (cheaper) version instead of the Modern Audio version.

If anyone bought TVB DVDs that are produced by Taiseng USA from Yesasia, you would know what I mean. DVDs like Vengeance, Crimson Sabre, The Awakening Story, and The Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre 2000 are just straight conversions from Taiseng videocassettes. The quality of those DVDs are SHITTY! It is like watching the videocassettes that you rent from shops.

Meanwhile the DVDs like The Rough Ride, The Legendary Four Aces, A Step Into the Past are TRUE DVD quality because they are produced in Hong Kong.

Before you buy any DVD sets at Yesasia, please double check the publisher.

The DVD sets that are made in HK: - Publisher : TVBI (HK)
    The DVD sets that are published by Taiseng: - Publisher : Tai Seng Video (US)
    Last edited by wargods; 07-28-06 at 04:13 PM.