Page 17 of 99 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Cool! I asked my local store to order LOCH for me at $138, most likely it is the Hong Kong version since the Taiseng version hasn't been released yet they said. It'll arrive probably wednesday or thursday! LOCH is MY SHOW to die for!

So, my packaging of the ROCH DVDs is called a digipack? Yup, I meant for this to be a slipcase. The Taiseng version really looks like a "hardcover" story book on the outside. Seems like some Hong Kong sets released also look like a book too. But somehow, for LOCH & ROCH, these were the only 2 sets I noticed that looked different in packaging,

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Did the HK version of LOCH come with little bookmark gifts or other gifts like ROCH did?? Thanks for taking pix of the HK set!!! I can't wait to show my friend since she is still deciding on which one version to buy.

What are the 2 versions that she saw was available? So far, we've only seen one...I'm curious if the other version has things extra or something. Are both from TVB?

Found some cool photos of the LOCH DVDS. They seem to have a lot of different menus! I think the subtitle font looks ugly though. I would have liked it more if they use the same fonts current rental DVDS use.

http://www.tower3a.com/cgi-bin/ut/to...985&pg=7&bpg=1

And yah!!!! The same forum posted some pictures of the "book version" of another series. I finally know how the book version looks like now. It's basically a book encased cover, and the inside is a plastic box.

http://www.tower3a.com/cgi-bin/ut/to...985&pg=8&bpg=1

and

http://www.tower3a.com/cgi-bin/ut/to...985&pg=9&bpg=1
    Last edited by betty; 07-31-06 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by betty
    Found some cool photos of the LOCH DVDS. They seem to have a lot of different menus! I think the subtitle font looks ugly though. I would have liked it more if they use the same fonts current rental DVDS use.

And yah!!!! The same forum posted some pictures of the "book version" of another series. I finally know how the book version looks like now. It's basically a book encased cover, and the inside is a plastic box.

and

Thank you very much for the links.

I saw someone posted a list of DVDs that will be released in 2006 @tower3a

1 刑事偵輯檔案4 - Detective Investigation Files IV (1999)
    2 戇夫成龍 - Square Pegs (2002)
    3 流金歲月 - Golden Faith (2002)
    4 火玫瑰 - Vengeance (1992)
    5 巨人 - The Key Man (1992)
    6 太平天國 - Twilight of A Nation (1988)
    7 天降財神 - The Superpower (1983)

On the above list, only 1,4,6,7 are not released yet. Taiseng's Vengenace DVD set that is currently on sale at Yesasia is a straight videocassette conversion, and the quality is HORRIBLE. Do not buy it.

How do you tell if the DVDs by Taiseng is a videocassette conversion or a true DVD? Just word of mouth?

I assume whatever has been released by TVB, then Taiseng's version will be true DVD. Whatever not yet released by TVB, it is video cassette?

My version of ROCH from Taiseng, the quality is great. My supplier told me that Taiseng will release LOCH around August.

How do you tell if the DVDs by Taiseng is a videocassette conversion or a true DVD? Just word of mouth?

I assume whatever has been released by TVB, then Taiseng's version will be true DVD. Whatever not yet released by TVB, it is video cassette?
    TVB HK did not release Vengeance. Taiseng did it themselves. I saw the DVD at a friend house, and it is horrible. I am a perfectionist so I know what I see.

Here is a picture off the DVD, I am sure all of you saw something at the bottom of the picture.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://jul31.imghost.us/fstlfo.jpg')

Since TVB HK released ROCH first, Taiseng's release would be just as good.

The reason the DVD sets that are produced by Modern Audio (TVB HK) are more expensive is because they are made in HK. Anything that is imported to the other countries will always be expensive. Since Taiseng made the release in the United States, it will always be cheaper.
    Last edited by wargods; 07-31-06 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods
    TVB HK did not release Vengeance. Taiseng did it themselves. I saw the DVD at a friend house, and it is horrible. I am a perfectionist so I know what I see.

Here is a picture off the DVD, I am sure all of you saw something at the bottom of the picture.

Since TVB HK released ROCH first, Taiseng's release would be just as good.

The reason the DVD sets that are produced by Modern Audio (TVB HK) are more expensive is because they are made in HK. Anything that is imported to the other countries will always be expensive. Since Taiseng made the release in the United States, it will always be cheaper.
    But the Hong Kong market price is quite expensive itself too. I think ROCH was HK$798, while LOCH is going to about HK$900. I'm basically paying about $20 extra to get a HK version. But Taiseng version is even cheaper than the retail price in Hong Kong.

Honestly, while capturing shots of ROCH for pictures on the computer, I noticed that quality of ROCH wasn't all that good either. I was actually quite surprised. THe menu screen was very good, but the movie itself seemed a bit blurry. I didn't watch the DVDs yet and I brought it for several months already.

Thinking of having a marathon when LOCH comes out and I'll watch both series in order.

But the Hong Kong market price is quite expensive itself too. I think ROCH was HK$798, while LOCH is going to about HK$900. I'm basically paying about $20 extra to get a HK version. But Taiseng version is even cheaper than the retail price in Hong Kong.
    Good point, but look at Yesasia...they have a huge discount (unrealistic?!?):
    Our Price: US$30.00*
    List: US$96.00
    Save: US$66.00 (69%) !!!

I dont know what price will it be if people buy it off a shop instead of online store.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    Here are some pics from my set. It is the actual HK version because it says "For Sale in Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR only".

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/8598/dsc00658ut8.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/4283/dsc00659vb6.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5152/dsc00660os1.jpg')

I finally got a chance to open mines up today, the audio in Part II and III are very good, but the audio in Part I is kinda weak, anybody else think so?

Good point, but look at Yesasia...they have a huge discount (unrealistic?!?):
    Our Price: US$30.00*
    List: US$96.00
    Save: US$66.00 (69%) !!!

I dont know what price will it be if people buy it off a shop instead of online store.
    yesasia.com seems to be fluffing up their original prices so that the discount looks like one huge one. In Chinatown stores, one part of ROCH is about $33.00 undiscounted, so yesasia is cheaper by a little bit. Yesasia's so called "discounted price" is really the original price.

Take example Burning Flame II from Taiseng.

Sale PriceUS$43.75*
    Original: US$140.00
    Discount: US$96.25 (69%)

When I saw this online, I really wanted to purchase it from yesasia because I thought I was getting a huge discount deal (maybe they wanted to clear this out I thought). But then I took a visit to my local video store and saw it. Taiseng's sticker price is actually only $43.75, thought my local store was selling for $55.00. Nothing is as close to their $140 as quoted.

yesasia.com seems to be fluffing up their original prices so that the discount looks like one huge one. In Chinatown stores, one part of ROCH is about $33.00 undiscounted, so yesasia is cheaper by a little bit. Yesasia's so called "discounted price" is really the original price.

Take example Burning Flame II from Taiseng.

Sale PriceUS$43.75*
    Original: US$140.00
    Discount: US$96.25 (69%)

When I saw this online, I really wanted to purchase it from yesasia because I thought I was getting a huge discount deal (maybe they wanted to clear this out I thought). But then I took a visit to my local video store and saw it. Taiseng's sticker price is actually only $43.75, thought my local store was selling for $55.00. Nothing is as close to their $140 as quoted.
    That is about half the price of the Burning Flame II (HK version of DVD). I guess all the americans would be buying the Taiseng version. If you rent the Burning Flame II DVDs (in the US of cuz), does it cost as much as buying the DVD set? Is this the reason why the Taiseng version is cheaper?

That is about half the price of the Burning Flame II (HK version of DVD). I guess all the americans would be buying the Taiseng version. If you rent the Burning Flame II DVDs (in the US of cuz), does it cost as much as buying the DVD set? Is this the reason why the Taiseng version is cheaper?
    Renting is about $1 per DVD for 2 episodes. I'm not sure how many episodes Burning Flame II has, but it's much cheaper to rent. But then of course, if you really like a show, you want official looking stuff I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky
    My version of ROCH from Taiseng, the quality is great. My supplier told me that Taiseng will release LOCH around August.

Are you able to take some pictures of your set? Thanks!

Are you able to take some pictures of your set? Thanks!
    My friend borrow my set, when he return I will try. I remember it come into 2 boxes, each box has 6 DVD. But I'll take some pictures and post it up.

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx
    I finally got a chance to open mines up today, the audio in Part II and III are very good, but the audio in Part I is kinda weak, anybody else think so?
    I agree. Part I intro music sounds really week but once the show starts, it's fine.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Here are some other pics of my TVB DVDs

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3927/dsc00662ux2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8840/dsc00663lm5.jpg')
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    Here are some other pics of my TVB DVDs
    Thats a l33t collection. You must be working at a renting shop in Vancouver...haha j/k

Thats a l33t collection. You must be working at a renting shop in Vancouver...haha j/k
    hahaha well collecting is kinda my hobby so i spend a lot of money on it.

and

Thanks a lot for the links... About the menus, are you saying that the Taiseng menu is different than the TVBI version? As for the packaging, I prefer the book version, the plastic box is basically a keep case (yeah I know, I'm pretty anal but that's what you become when you like anything DVD) and it's more solid then a Digipak. I especially like the tranparancy; never saw that for a multi-disc holder.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?