Page 19 of 99 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

I also dont think they did any edit on the DVD release other than the title screen and episode number after the opening intro. Less edit = less work. The DVD should be identical to the Mainland version, unless they went out of space on the DVD. heh
    The title screen and episode # editing is enough to get me furious. Less edit = less work makes sense to us but not to TVB. Look at what they did to the VCD's.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Upcoming DVD Release
    August 4: 九五至尊 (2003) The King of Yesterday and Tomorrow
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004451553/
    Last edited by wargods; 08-02-06 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods
    Upcoming DVD Release
    August 4: 九五至尊 (2003) The King of Yesterday and Tomorrow
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004451553/
    Funny thing was I saw this DVD series for sale from Taiseng Video yesterday while I was at the video store. The cover picture looked very bootleg and even packaging was bootlegish

Received my LOCH!!!! Here are some pictures:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/bettybl/loch1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/bettybl/loch2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/bettybl/loch3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/bettybl/loch4.jpg')

You people are so rich hehe....how is the dvd set? good quality? I hope nothing got cutted.

do they come with english subs?

i swear ppl keep telling me tat the new Forensic Heroes dvd has english subs...well i don't see it...
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

about viet dvd's...they may be uncut but they are way to expensive, do u know how much a genuine version cost?

last time i tried to by LOCH83 they called the price at AUS$350. i almost buy an 30gig ipod with tat.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    do they come with english subs?

i swear ppl keep telling me tat the new Forensic Heroes dvd has english subs...well i don't see it...
    Yes they come in English subs. So far only LOCH and ROCH have english subtitles right now.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Hi almo89, betty and anyone who has the DVD LOCH 1982 already.

I want to buy DVD LOCH, but there are 3 reviews at yesasia said the Cantonese language audio is very poor. Is it true? The poor Cantonese audio in all episodes or in just several episodes? Also muffled and goes loud and soft throughout each episode? I think it's a crazy thing if TVB really do this to a very good TV series.

Thanks for the information.

"Just bought the DVD set but noticed there is a dramatic difference in audio quality between the Cantonese sound track and the Mandarin sound track. Has anyone noticed this also? The Cantonese audio track is slightly muffled and goes loud and soft throughout each episode (including the opening song!), while the Mandarin audio track is crisp and clear. Please let me know if you've noticed this issue. Perhaps I received a defective set??"

"like "flunky" said, the audio is muffled at times. the audio either is too low or too high. though i've only seen about twenty chapters, the audio is a disappointment. if it weren't for the english subtitles, i would be lost at times. what a shame! for tvb put out a great series with such terrible audio, and it wasn't cheap either. the picture quality is good but like most fan, i want it all. "

"There is a problem with Cantonese Audio. We have to increase the volume to make sure we dont miss anything.

The English sub title also has problem staying longer on the screen. Sometimes 1-2 sentence of sub title dissapear in 2 seconds. I dont know anyone can read that fast. Not like there is another dialog coming to rush the previous sub title to go away that fast.

They need to improve their Quality Control on this set. I am not sure if they even test it.

Picture quality is awesome but the lack of audio and subtitle made our experience less wonderfull. Altough, It still fun to watch this series again after 20 years."

Quote Originally Posted by kurniawan20062000
    Hi almo89, betty and anyone who has the DVD LOCH 1982 already.

I want to buy DVD LOCH, but there are 3 reviews at yesasia said the Cantonese language audio is very poor. Is it true? The poor Cantonese audio in all episodes or in just several episodes? Also muffled and goes loud and soft throughout each episode? I think it's a crazy thing if TVB really do this to a very good TV series.

Thanks for the information.

"Just bought the DVD set but noticed there is a dramatic difference in audio quality between the Cantonese sound track and the Mandarin sound track. Has anyone noticed this also? The Cantonese audio track is slightly muffled and goes loud and soft throughout each episode (including the opening song!), while the Mandarin audio track is crisp and clear. Please let me know if you've noticed this issue. Perhaps I received a defective set??"

"like "flunky" said, the audio is muffled at times. the audio either is too low or too high. though i've only seen about twenty chapters, the audio is a disappointment. if it weren't for the english subtitles, i would be lost at times. what a shame! for tvb put out a great series with such terrible audio, and it wasn't cheap either. the picture quality is good but like most fan, i want it all. "

"There is a problem with Cantonese Audio. We have to increase the volume to make sure we dont miss anything.

The English sub title also has problem staying longer on the screen. Sometimes 1-2 sentence of sub title dissapear in 2 seconds. I dont know anyone can read that fast. Not like there is another dialog coming to rush the previous sub title to go away that fast.

They need to improve their Quality Control on this set. I am not sure if they even test it.

Picture quality is awesome but the lack of audio and subtitle made our experience less wonderfull. Altough, It still fun to watch this series again after 20 years."
    I can't comment on the subtitles because I don't watch it with them on. About the audio, im at episode 4 for Part 1 and the audio sounds the same for all of them. Muffed and soft at times. You really have to turn it up. I'll continue watching and see if it's like that for all of them.

I just bought Remembrabce DVD (J Cheung, K Kwok). This was release by Taiseng. The quality is not clear and I was dissappoint. I bought the ROCH83 from Taiseng and the quality is Excellent. I guess you have to wait until TVB release it first on DVD than you can buy it from Taiseng.

I really wish that TVB would put English subtitles on ALL of their DVDs. Look at Korean dramas. One of the main reasons they're popular is due to English subtitles. Not to mention they actually do put subtitles on their DVDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee
    I really wish that TVB would put English subtitles on ALL of their DVDs. Look at Korean dramas. One of the main reasons they're popular is due to English subtitles. Not to mention they actually do put subtitles on their DVDs
    It does not make sense how they put it on some and none on others recently.......at least there are some Wuxia with English subs, before it was very rare!
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

August 18 - 太平天國 Twilight of A Nation (1988)
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004451595/
    Last edited by wargods; 08-22-06 at 11:39 AM.

TVB DVDs can really be very costly..
    i mean, i've seen sum up to 135 US dollars (short series)..
    imagine long series like VOH it goes up to 2-3 hundred US dollars..

i have a list of series:
    1) The Condor Heroes 1995- Than Dieu Hiep Lu 95
    2) Cold Blood Warm Heart- Thien Dia An Tinh
    3) Once Upon A Time in Shanghai- Tan Mau Nhuom Bai Thuong Hai
    4) One Good Turn Deserves Another- Thien Su Cua Dia Nguc
    5) Mystery Files- Ho So Bi An
    6) Old Time Buddy- Huynh De Song Hanh
    7) A Recipe for the Heart- My Vy Thien Vuong
    8) Old Time Buddy To Catch A Thief- Than Tham Ly Ky
    9) A Smiling Ghost Story- Ve Voi Nhan Giang
    10) Plain Love II- Moi Tinh Nong Tham
    11) Burning Flame II- Liet Hoa Hung Tam II
    12) Ups and Downs In the Sea of Love - Tieng Set Ai Tinh
    13) The King of Yesterday and Tomorrow- Vua Thoi Nay
    14) Better Halves- Se Duyen
    15) War and Beauty - Tham Cung Quy Phi
    16) The Conqueror's Story- Han So Ba Vuong
    17) Co Dua Com
    18-20) Princess Pearl 1-3
    21) Tinh Nghia Hao Hung
    22) Lady Flower Fist - Mieu Thuy Hoa
    23) Where the Legend Begins - Lac Than
    24-25) At the Treshold of an Era 1-2 - Thoi Dai Khung Hoang 1-2
    26) Cold Blood Warm Hearts - Thien Dai An Tinh
    27) Secret of the Heart- Thien Dai Hao Tinh
    28) Remembrance - Hoang Pho Khuynh Tinh

Just finished watching the first 19 episodes of LOCH. So far i didn't notice and scenes cut out. If anybody found any cuts, please let me know. I did notice that they cut down the little cutscene they use when they go into commercial breaks. You only see one of those per episode now. Usually around the 27 minute mark of each episode. So the other ones that are cut out look really awkward. *sigh* why can't they just leave everything uncut.

Time to watch Part 2.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    Just finished watching the first 19 episodes of LOCH. So far i didn't notice and scenes cut out. If anybody found any cuts, please let me know. I did notice that they cut down the little cutscene they use when they go into commercial breaks. You only see one of those per episode now. Usually around the 27 minute mark of each episode. So the other ones that are cut out look really awkward. *sigh* why can't they just leave everything uncut.

Time to watch Part 2.
    I've counted all the episodes, it's complete, like I mentioned earlier, the volume is very low and the background music sucks on Part I, Part II and Part III are good.

For the price I paid, not happy about Part I audio, it's not in par with the quality of ROTCH DVD, cheap asses.

What versions do people prefer? The Modern Audio slipcase or the Tai Seng book?
    It seems like only the packaging is different, right?

Is the Tai Seng version of LOCH out yet? If so, where can I buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    becos its a dvd medium? we're not watching tv so those little cut scenes are a annoying and waste of time.

what i want is to have the opening and closing credits per disc. i have to fast forward in between episodes which is very tiresome!!!!

..another thing, the sound quality is very poor. either the transfer was botched up or the original archive tapes have degraded in the last 20 years or so...
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    what i want is to have the opening and closing credits per disc. i have to fast forward in between episodes which is very tiresome!!!!
    No one will agree with you on this one. Most people really wants to have opening and closing credits in each episode, but what TVB should have done is to setup the chapter thing so people can just press a number to skip the opening and closing credits for whoever that wants to fast forward.