Page 20 of 99 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

I wish we got what we paid for, I just noticed, the audio is set maximum on the Mandarin audio 2 side, hello, I'm Cantonese, it's originally Cantonese,

I'm switching back and forth between the Cantonese and Mandarin side and the background music on the Mandarin is better than on the Cantonese side, I'm going to e-mail TVB and complain, they did the ROTCH series right, and they messed up Part I of the LOTCH..........................

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    becos its a dvd medium? we're not watching tv so those little cut scenes are a annoying and waste of time.

what i want is to have the opening and closing credits per disc. i have to fast forward in between episodes which is very tiresome!!!!

..another thing, the sound quality is very poor. either the transfer was botched up or the original archive tapes have degraded in the last 20 years or so...
    I disagree. When they cut it out, it's even more annoying because the music just ends abruptly and it sounds and looks weird. Fast forwarding isn't that tiresome to me. When you get to see the intro song for each episode, it makes it feel like a TV series instead of a very long movie. That's why i hated the VCDs because it felt like a very long movie.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods
    No one will agree with you on this one.
    dont assume no one will agree with me... unless you have asked everyone in the world generalisation indeed!

Most people really wants to have opening and closing credits in each episode
    how nice of you to amend your generalisation with 'most people'

now a lot of tv series that are transferred to DVDs failed to take full advantage of the DVD medium. the reason is most likely to minimise cost and maximise profit. for most companies, DVD is just another revenue stream to recycle old contents. i would imagine when next-gen dvd takes off, we will see re-released products with little enhancements to the viewing and ownership experience of the consumers.

having an opening and closing credits make sense when the episodes are aired on tv on a daily or weekly basis. however, it makes no sense to include the credits in each and every episode in a DVD packaged boxset.

what TVB should have done is to setup the chapter thing so people can just press a number to skip the opening and closing credits for whoever that wants to fast forward.
    agreed. the least TVB could do is implement the chapters appropriately
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

dont assume no one will agree with me... unless you have asked everyone in the world generalisation indeed!

now a lot of tv series that are transferred to DVDs failed to take full advantage of the DVD medium. the reason is most likely to minimise cost and maximise profit. for most companies, DVD is just another revenue stream to recycle old contents. i would imagine when next-gen dvd takes off, we will see re-released products with little enhancements to the viewing and ownership experience of the consumers.

having an opening and closing credits make sense when the episodes are aired on tv on a daily or weekly basis. however, it makes no sense to include the credits in each and every episode in a DVD packaged boxset.

i guess ur just not a purist like me. I like everything untouched when i watch old movies or TV series. DVD movies piss me off the most when they add in new sounds and foley work.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    i guess ur just not a purist like me. I like everything untouched when i watch old movies or TV series. DVD movies piss me off the most when they add in new sounds and foley work.
    stick to VHS if you want untouched nostalgic experience
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

I was writing this based on other people's opinions, if you dont believe me then go to google and search for yourself. Many fans want to have closing credits because they want to check who is acting in different episodes. You know Stephen Chow, Sean Lau, Bobby Au Yeung, Eddie Kwan dont show up in all episodes. If you miss it, then the only way to check is by going through each episode's closing credit. Its not like the credits are the same for all 59episodes. And I am sure nobody wants TVB to make a new closing credit screen for each DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    Just finished watching the first 19 episodes of LOCH. So far i didn't notice and scenes cut out. If anybody found any cuts, please let me know. I did notice that they cut down the little cutscene they use when they go into commercial breaks. You only see one of those per episode now. Usually around the 27 minute mark of each episode. So the other ones that are cut out look really awkward. *sigh* why can't they just leave everything uncut.

Time to watch Part 2.
    How many little cutscenes were there in each LOCH epsiode when you watched on cable tv? 1, 2 or 3?

stick to VHS if you want untouched nostalgic experience
    For many years I have. I still have the VHS tapes. I spent a lot of time recording it to my standards, but you have to know that VHS tapes only last so long.

How many little cutscenes were there in each LOCH epsiode when you watched on cable tv? 1, 2 or 3?
    If memory serves me correctly, should be 3.

becos its a dvd medium? we're not watching tv so those little cut scenes are a annoying and waste of time.

what i want is to have the opening and closing credits per disc. i have to fast forward in between episodes which is very tiresome!!!!
    I absolutely don't agree with you on this. I want the DVDs to be exactly like when it was broadcasted on TV, minus the commercials. That's what most real fans want. I've been reading many many DVD forums and indeed, the majority do want the movies and series to be as is.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Default OK, SO WHAT IS THE BEST TVB SERIES ON DVD SO FAR...?

I love LUIYIFEI IN RETURN CONDOR HERO, but wish to buy more similar titles with outstanding cast...especially actress....any ideas?

please liste them in chinese or english, thats talk about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just received my ModernAudio version of LOCH from ebay and the box does not look like this. Instead of 3 separte sets, there's only one set that has 8 double dvd slots.

Which set it this?

If anyone is interested, I can upload pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by betty
    Received my LOCH!!!! Here are some pictures:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/bettybl/loch1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/bettybl/loch4.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboLee
    I just received my ModernAudio version of LOCH from ebay and the box does not look like this. Instead of 3 separte sets, there's only one set that has 8 double dvd slots.

Which set it this?

If anyone is interested, I can upload pictures.
    please upload pictures, cause i don't know a set like yours exists out there

According to the Tower3A forum, Twilight of A Nation Part 1 has 6 discs with 23episodes. Therefore Twilight of A Nation DVD sets should have 45 episodes which is a full release.
    I guess Yesasia made a big mistake.

New DVD Release:
    August 25 - 天降財神 The Superpower (1983)
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004451570/
    Last edited by wargods; 08-22-06 at 11:45 AM.

I saw few of LOCH83 on Ebay store and the price is cheaper than Yesasia.com. Did anyone know is that from TVB or Taiseng. From the cover picture, it look the same like the one from Yesasia.com

I found pictures of it online:
    link

Did I just buy a pirated version from ebay? Or is it another version of the Modern Audio packaging?

I'm also ordering from ebay and waiting the goods to come.

I think there's explanation regarding the differences of the two packaging here:

http://www.dvdspring.com/Article_Sho...rticleID=26950

but I cannot read Chinese. Anyone can help?

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboLee
    Did I just buy a pirated version from ebay? Or is it another version of the Modern Audio packaging?

This forum topic does not seem very active. Are there any other forums that discusses TVB dvds?

Yet another variation? Are these genuine or pirated?
    Anyone can read chinese?